main
side
curve

Char, NC The Official Star Wars Trading Card Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by TuskenFan, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Ok, here is a thread dedicated to collecting Star Wars trading cards. Now, this is not for the trading card game. This is for the Topps trading cards. It can cover everything from the vintage Topps cards from the late 1970's to the 30th Anniversary Trading Cards that are currently out.

I used to have a bunch of the vintage cards from the 70's but I have no idea what happened to them. The ones I am collecting now are the 2nd Series of the Star Wars Evolution cards and I just started collecting the 30th Anniversary cards. The Anniversary cards are great. Nice, heavy card stock and great, clear pictures that cover all the movies, the Holiday Special, the animated Droids, Ewok Adventures and Clone Wars and even the Ewok TV movies. They also have a bunch of behind the scenes cards too. There are also some great special cards including Autograph Cards, cards actually signed by some of the actors and also people that worked on the movies. Some of these can be quite rare. Harrison Ford only signed a handful of cards along with Carrie Fisher, John Williams, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse and Peter Mayhew. I saw a Carrie Fisher [face_hypnotized] autograph card earlier this evening on E-Bay going for $304 and there were still 4 days and 17 hours left on the auction. :eek: Anyway, if you want more info on the 30th Anniversary cards you can go [link=http://www.topps.com/ent/brands//starwars30/SW30-Main.html]here...[/link]

Now, if there is anybody who is collecing the 30th Anniversary cards already and would like to trade, listed below are the doubles I have so far and also the cards that I need.

Doubles: 8, 17, 34, 36, 38, 49, 52, 62, 66, 73, 101 & 105.

Need: 5, 6, 14, 15, 24, 25, 31, 32, 40, 41, 42, 44, 46, 47, 48, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 69, 70, 71, 72, 75, 80, 81, 84, 91, 96, 97, 99, 100, 102, 104, 106, 107, 108, 109, 111, 115, 120.

Now my doubles will be increasing soon. I just started collecting these about a week ago.

Ok, so let's talk about trading cards. Anyone?

2. 704core

704core Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    Hey TK, now we're talkin'. I collect all the vintage original trilogy cards. I have some doubles and lots of "needs" for my collection. I am also trying to collect the Clone Wars set, but they are a little more difficult to find (ahhh, the thrill of the hunt!). It's awesome to find another local SW card collector. I have printed out your list of "needs" so if I come across any singles you need I'll pick them up for ya. Now who else out there collects cards???

3. 704core

704core Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    So no one else out there in the Queen City collects these awesome cards?

4. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I guess not... I'm going to get another box this weekend after I get paid... I'll see if my doubles increase...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.