main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Official StarWars.com Blog Thread - That's right, I went there

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 24, 2013.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    THIS THREAD IS MADNESS!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, the B-wing. What gives?

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Also, I get what they're saying, but TIEs at number two is ass.

Iron_lord and TheRedBlade like this.
  5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I have to say, at the risk of being booed, that I really have no interest in those "top 10" articles. The ten best, you say? According to whom? Also, I like the official blog's articles when they actually make me learn something about Star Wars, whether in-universe or out of universe. This, on the contrary, is merely opinion.

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Huh, I was hoping for a better list. The lack of the B-wing is understandable from a movie standpoint (we barely see them, other than the opening scene of the Endor Space Battle), but I still wished they included it.

LelalMekha

Check out this article on ETE regarding the top starships that need to be in Episode VII. A bit more in depth in each explanation and maybe a bit more to your liking.

http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2013/...designs-that-should-be-in-the-sequel-trilogy/

--Adm. Nick

7. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Huh. The official blog has been producing so much great content lately, but this new one is useless fluff and a throwback to Insider's days of unimaginative top-ten lists at the expense of anything meaningful.

Oh well! You can't win 'em all.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah that was pretty pointless. Random, undisclosed people voted on a list of top movie fighters based on which they liked better? We can do that too. :p

But oh well. As long as they continue putting out awesome entries like the ones we've made threads on recently, fluff they put on to fill space doesn't bother me. I'll just ignore it.

Plaristes and Lazy Storm Trooper like this.
  9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That is the most useless list I have ever seen, all of them are film ships, what's the point? The Databank was the only thing that interested me on TOS until they gutted it for TCW and a general disregard for the EU, and this "thing" is just more of the same that drove me away. I honestly only have TOS bookmarked because it's TOS. The other recent blogs were interesting, though not of interest to me, but at least they actually respected the EU to a certain extent.

10. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [face_whistling]

Yeah should be #1 as they are everywhere and iconic as hell :p

How the EP 3 Jedi starfighters makes it on any list that does not start with "WHY?!" is beyond me though.

11. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    que?

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Have you looked at it?! It looks like they killed half a TIE fighter and stuck it onto a Ep 2 Jedi starfighter they had split in half. [face_dunno]

13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Slap one of these on it and it's fine.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Boring list and generic, and the poor B-wing wasn't mentioned, stuff like this is why I never bothered to buy an issue of Insider. Form a movie only standpoint its ok although I question ranking the Naboo fighter so highly (ugh, those memories of Anakin flying around in one). The part about them arguing whether a hyperspace ring made the Jedi starfighter less was kind of sad though- wouldn't that lower the TIEs' ranking too? Unless they just never noticed that most TIEs doesn't have hyperdrives too. Actually, slightly surprised they didn't throw Darth Vader's X1 in there too for the heck of it, if they're going for simple and easy.

15. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

I wish they'd let the readers/fans vote. This is obviously just a random list. I don't really want to get into comparing fictional stats, but even if the rankings were "looks coolest" or something.

16. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yeah. The great thing about the sw.com blog is that usually, unlike the rest of sw.com, it's not a step-into-reading picture book for five-year-old fans of The Clone Wars or the prequels. Come on, blog, you're better than this.

17. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    The lack of TIE Defender already made this list invalid, but the N-1 beating out the TIE Interceptor? C'mon, man.

18. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    From a gaming standpoint I can see why the N-1 is so highly ranked- in Rogue Squadron it had the firepower of an X-Wing with greater speed.

Of course, IU it's just a sector defense starfighter.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Anyone have any ideas for articles they'd like to see?

20. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    this reminds me of one of the many reasons why i unsubscribed to star wars insider, they had the top 100 best things about star wars, and the way they got on this list is they were the databank entries with the most views. number 40 or whatever was jar jar, and they reasoned that people liked him because his entry got a lot of views. or how about people checked his entry because they really wanted to see if he died on alderaan during episode 4.

21. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Yes, I want a multi-part series, in the vein of the Aliens in the Empire posts, on the various Force users in the Rebel Alliance. Besides just the obvious (Luke, Starkiller, Rahm Kota), there are lots of lesser known characters that I want to know more about, like Havet Storm, X2, Rachi Sitra, Keyan Farlander, Trent Jaspar, Annabel Blaine, Sha'lia, Drun Cairnwick, Chard Fristena, the Jedi on the Death Star during Battlefront II, Drakka Judarrl, Kaoln, Rorr'hn... You could even toss in Luke Skywalker's Best Friend. :p

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I thought there weren't any?

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The Force Unleashed
    Inquisitors of the Empire and/or Dark Siders of the Empire

24. LightsaberAccident

LightsaberAccident Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 26, 2013
    Now that is a real list! And I never realized the MC80B looked like a bloated flatworm before. No wonder the Imps wanted to shoot them so bad. XD

The TIE Defender is so awesome it should be on every list, even lists that have nothing to do with Star Wars. It should be Time's Person of the Year.

LelalMekha and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  25. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Coop, this thread of yours has so far been a disappointment.

Where's the article that canonizes every SW coloring book?

purplerain and Barriss_Coffee like this.