main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Official StarWars.com Blog Thread - That's right, I went there

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 24, 2013.

1. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    SPIN declassified is one of the best online articles for a reason.

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Does SPIN Declassified still exist anywhere, or was it another victim of the whole Hyperspace clusterkriff? I forget.

3. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    I hope that the real identities of the fake Prophets were given ridiculous names on purpose. Rajah Ubooki and Heingort Giddis?

4. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
  5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, Rajah Ubooki is actually a nice reference to good old WEG goodness.

Landb likes this.
  6. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    I really hope somebody can dig up those vanished Hyperspace articles someday. It is supposed to be literally impossible to permanently remove something from the Internet, after all.

7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    If you know a general time when those articles were there, you should be able to find them on the internet archive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    Have tried that; it doesn't work because they were behind a paywall.

Dawud786 likes this.
  9. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I think there are a couple users here with them archived.

Hamburger_Time and Dawud786 like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Some of the writers still post here too.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    So what was the deal with the fascinating tale of "Old Silver Eyes," mentioned in the article on the Wheel? This was one of my favorite bits of info from the in-depth articles, and as far as I can tell it's all totally new information as well. Am I to take the impression that he was, in fact, Master-Com, somehow turned into a human? Because that was the one I got - he shares a profile with Master-Com, it's mentioned he seemed like an extension of the station, nobody knew who he was or where he came from, and his eyes are described as "ocular receptors" upon his death.

Furthermore, if Old Silver Eyes was Master-Com, was that supposed to be a reference to Asimov's Bicentennial Man? I was instantly reminded of that story. It was really good and a real heartwrencher - a robot desires to become human, and over the course of two hundred years has all his mechanical parts replaced with organic ones. But by the time the procedure is completed, he's already very, very old and quickly dies - and yet he considers it worth it, even though he'd have lived forever if he'd stayed a robot.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The Wampa Donuts look yummy.

13. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Reactivating this topic cause I need some folks to talk the old blog articles with inuniverse content again...

Given all the rereading of the EU going on these days, one needs a guide with all the retcons to reread it and memorize it in its latest state, not the original released one. Did anybody ever attempt to list retcons? Some tales and characters got more retcons than letters in the novel so it can get confusing.