main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official SW:TCG Support Poll

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Kleff_Rixxard, Feb 20, 2002.

?

The Official SW:TCG Support Poll

Poll closed May 21, 2002.
  1. I will support WotC's New SW:TCG

32 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. I will NOT support WotC's New SW:TCG

42 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. I have not (or will not) taken a side on this issue

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kleff_Rixxard

Kleff_Rixxard Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2001
  2. Kleff_Rixxard

Kleff_Rixxard Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2001
    Make sure, after you vote, to sign in and make your opinion known Forum-Wide.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Why would I want to support a shallow parody of the true Star Wars game?

4. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
  5. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I voted for the last option. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me this is going to be a great game, but since we have only seen a small part of the game so far, it's too early to say anything for certain.

6. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    DOWN with SW:TCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    The only wotc game i am evey likly to play is the new transformers one when i tcomes out but that will probobly be half crap

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Their coming out with a transformers CCG? Hopefully that will be cool...

9. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I will support it and play it heavily. I may even quit my job to play it full time. Ok, maybe not that far, but I will play it.

10. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    if they mess up transformers I will be very angry. and there is no option on this poll to say "I will try the game when it comes out and make a decision on that"....thats what Im gonna do :)

11. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Transformers will probably go the same way as every other liscence that Wizards has produced Card Games for. WCW anyone? What about Harry Potter? Has anyone else noted how extensive the "vault" section on the WotC website is? Take a look at the quality games (Lot5R, Rage) that are there, destroyed by Wizards "we must have EVERY successful licensce/ card game" attitude. I have chosen NOT to support the Star Wars card game because the game format doesn't appeal to me.

12. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    This poll is going to be a little lopsided since most of the people on this board played SWCCG and the new game has not even come out yet to really judge.

13. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    I voted to not support the game because I have qualms about supporting the game that caused the death of the first and best CCG I've ever played, because the general quality coming out of LFL lately has dwindled significantly and sort of disillusioned me to the Star Wars brand, and because LotR totally kicks and I only have the time and money to be heavily invested in one CCG.

14. Ray

Ray Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2002
    I won't play any WOTC game.. they just tend to work to fast to realize the mistakes that get into the game. Oh well maybe Magic just really burned me but none the less I am going to stick with the big D SWCCG :)

15. VinaDelMar

VinaDelMar Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2002
    Mark my words, that with or without our support of this game, this game will do very well. It has all the elements of a great game. I have heard good reason to support or not support this game on JC. But for some reason, I am completly convinced that this game will be well worth my time and money. I understand if you do not wish to support the game, but I would recomend trying the game.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The game looks terrible. The rules are unimaginative (win 2 out of 3 theatres? Please.), and the concept of dice being the "luck" in the game is terrible. The only saving grace of the game is the artwork.

17. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    RE:"Kleff is a Duros Jedi Knight who follows the teachings and principals of Luke Skywalker. Though he was hurt by the fall of Duro to the Yuuzhan Vong, he still believes that aggression against the enemy is the first step in the path to the Dark Side."

I love that signature! Way cool!

18. Ian_Vincent

Ian_Vincent Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2001
    Having had a WotC employee tell me how bad the game is, there's no way I'm going to waste my time trying it.

DT

19. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    I'm not interested in a trading card game when I have a game which is developed & can be played by people at any gaming level.

20. VinaDelMar

VinaDelMar Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2002
    > Having had a WotC employee tell me how bad the game is, there's no way I'm going to waste my time trying it.

What did the employee have to say? Tell us what parts of the game the employee did not like. Comments like that need to valided by details.

21. KingFelix

KingFelix Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2002
    It's crap-tacular. 8-P

22. Achtung_Bubba

Achtung_Bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm supporting the game, at least as far as the first expansion set, just to see how it plays.

No surprise, quite a few here refuse to give the game a fair chance, which I think is sad.

Specifically...

"Why would I want to support a shallow parody of the true Star Wars game?"

Fortuna, you've said on several occasions already that Decipher's SWCCG is "the only true Star Wars game;" frankly, that comment probably undermines any real criticisms you make.

The comment reminds me of those who disliked The Phantom Menace simply because it wasn't the Classic Trilogy - e.g., no Han, no Chewbacca, etc. In such a case, there is LITERALLY no way to please such a person.

But where does a comment like this lead? What are the necessary conclusions?

* Marvel Comics are the only true Star Wars comic books.

* Splinter of the Mind's Eye is one of the few true Star Wars novels.

* And A New Hope is the only true Star Wars film.

23. Achtung_Bubba

Achtung_Bubba Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I certainly don't want to beat a dead horse, but Amazon.com has an incredible fan review of Splinter of the Mind's Eye:

"I am amazed at the Lucas-ites who follow like puppies accepting the meager scraps he gives. In New Hope, he gave us a feast, a fairy tale in the best sense, good vs evil, princess and hero,the mature political underlyings, and even a small lesson on faith. I walked out of that theatre in the summer of '77, looked up at the stars, and felt wonderment. Instead of that wonderment, we were given 3 movies and various post-trilogy books where a spiral galaxy of billions and billions(Sagan-ese) of creatures and cultures' fates rested on ONE family! Now that's fiction. He should have followed Mr. Foster's lead. We get to see what makes an Imperial officer tick(they are not all idiots),Vader in 3D,some political food for thought, and Luke and Leia aren't the Doublemint twins. And as for as atmosphere, Mimban is so palpable it makes Naboo seem like Disneyland. If you think the story is 'unrealistic', how about a bunch of teddy bears taking out a sophisticated military regiment(i.e. Return of the Jedi). Watch Star Wars:New Hope, read this book, look up at the stars, and let your imagination take you to where George didn't, a wonderment far, far away."

This schmuck is actually suggesting Foster's book is better than the SAGA, presumably including The Empire Strikes Back.

Why? Because the movies that followed the original Star Wars were different than that first film.

24. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Vina: He was stating that from what the employee said, he interpreted the game as major suckage, not the employing litterally saying it sucked.

25. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Yeah well, there are plenty of people who will be playing the wotc game for that very same reason ::cough::Darth Lud::cough:: ;)--no matter what D did, the SWCCG just was never good enough.

So it goes both ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.