main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Temple of the Knights of Darkness
    Southern Archives Wing

The incantation she had drawn upon and muttered, had yet to reveal its purpose. The smell of smoke was more prominent, as heat radiated through the archives. Visibility was beginning to suffer as smoke was filling the library, making it difficult to make out directions.

This place which Hekate held as sacred was going up in flames. A book shelve nearby was buckling under the flames as it began to fall apart and fall down aflame. The scene was repeating itself throughout the library as everything was suddenly ablaze all around her.

Nehru_Amidala

2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Southern Archives Wing

Something was wrong, very wrong from Hekate's perspective. The archives had been built to prevent burning, and under any other circumstances, Hekate would have been suffering a severe anxiety attack. This would not do. Taking a deep breath, she focused on the fire and her lightsaber drew closer to the blade. She ran towards an open window and focused her rage at the flames. How dare it take away her precious books! Using her pent up anxiety, she forced the flames into a bellowing inferno that spiraled out of the nearest windows.

Gazing up at the ceiling, she called out, "How dare you do this! This is our history!"

dragonsith13

3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph, Padawan Silent (Combo Post)
    Ryloth Approach

The Jedi took a shot in the dark by following their last lead into the outer rim. It had been a complete solar year of investigating the 'former' Sith who went into hiding. As an outlaw on more than dozen planets, the warrant for her arrest was more than outstanding.

"I hope this information is good, we paid a hefty price selling our freighter to that informant for these coordinates." Silent's doubts on the veracity of the information they traded for was evident. "Never judge a book by it's cover young one," the Knight replied with assurance in his voice. The two-man Starfighter blazed as it entered the Ryloth's atmosphere.

"There! Those are the ruins the mercenary was talking about." Below them was what looked to be an abandoned outpost of some kind. "Clone Wars era from the looks of it. Set the ship down in that clearing by the trees, on the outpost perimeter." The padawan complied, setting the fighter down quietly into the tall grass of the clearing.

The pair exited the craft and scouted their LZ to make sure it was clear before heading to the outpost. "Follow my lead Silent. The priority of this mission is to apprehend her, let us hope she doesn't force our hand."

TAG: TheSilentInfluence Anakin.Skywalker

4. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator
    Ryloth

From her vantage point in the ruins, Reiis Invadator could clearly observe the ship as it made its descent and landing. It was a terribly conspicuous spot, she mused scornfully -- so much like the Jedi to land in the open.

Perhaps the only foolish thing she had done was not bring a very large laser cannon to decimate both ship and Jedi. But that was not Reiis' style, anyway. She'd much rather disassemble them with her Darksaber than blast them out of the sky, though that wasn't to say there weren't times when she found large explosions to be quite satisfying. This just wasn't one of those times.

Reiis leaned wearily against the blaster-marked walls, watching the Jedi traipse about the in the tall grass, mildly amused at the thought of one of them falling into a pit made by some burrowing animal. There were plenty on Ryloth. They were close enough now to hear. "Follow my lead Silent. The priority of this mission is to apprehend her, let us hope she doesn't force our hand." Reiis snorted. "Silent"....these Jedi were anything but.

Almost close enough now to possibly be seen, Reiis backed into the space of the ruined outpost, positioning herself in the middle of the bare, ghostly room with her Darksaber in her hand -- still not ignited as of yet. She would wait. Patience wasn't her forte, but she could do it when she had to. There were blood stains on the floor, some fresher than others, from the bodies she had "disassembled" in months and weeks before. No, these Jedi weren't the first, and they probably wouldn't be the last. At least with these opponents, unlike their blaster-wielding predecessors, she'd get to take their sabers as trophies.

Even as she stood there, impatiently exercising patience, the corners of Reiis' mouth curled upward at the thought that her recent actions had merited the notice of the Jedi. She wasn't flattered, of course...just pleased. She would much more have preferred the attention of the Sith, but as of yet there wasn't any indication of that. And it wasn't like she had to prove her dark ways -- if anything that was the very problem that led to her exile.

But the Jedi were fast approaching, and Reiis let her thoughts settle to the back of her mind. Her choice of the Warrior path had led her to long training sessions in the use of the Force as a weapon and grueling drills with her Darksaber; her choice to pursue the Marauder path had led to an increased bloodlust....especially when it came to Jedi. Dueling was what she lived for these days, and she took a considerable amount of pride in her skills.

Time to prove it.

TAG: The Vanguard TheSilentInfluence
    OOC: [face_devil] :redsaber::vader:

BookExogorth and The Vanguard like this.
  5. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph, Padawan Silent (Combo Post)
    Ryloth, Abandoned Outpost

The Jedi approached the main gate of the outpost, where they saw the first of the bodies. "Fallen mercenaries." She stated firmly. "Looks like at least two groups have attempted to claim the bounty," he replied with detailed observation.

"I sense her nearby." Silent spoke with a low tone, as if trying to damper her discovery. "As do I. Be ready." he replied with a coolness to his voice. He didn't sense any traps but still walked carefully. It was his duty to see this mission through, and he had full confidence in Silent's abilities. She had grown into a very capable Jedi, and was close to becoming a Knight herself. It brought him great pride knowing she would one day lead her own missions, possible with a padawan of her own. Enough future-fancy, he thought.

Making their way into the large room, they came upon a lone figure, standing guarded but at ease.

"Reiis?" He called out to her, still hoping against hope for a peaceful resolution, "There are consequences that need facing for your actions in the mid-rim." There didn't need to be an explanation for what those actions were, the Galactic News Network made sure everyone knew. "No one else needs to die today. Come with us peacefully and you will receive a lighter sentence."

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis' scarred face grinned back behind the mask at the Jedi as they found her -- it was genuine amusement, really; it was almost impossible for Reiis to fake her emotions. She long since gave up trying. "Consequences?" she chuckled. A faint glow of red colored her mask as her red and gold stained eyes glowed brighter with the Dark Side coursing through her soul. She paced nonchalantly as she listened to the Jedi. "You are mistaken, I'm afraid," she continued, feinting "politeness" an coating her words heavily with sarcasm. "There will be no sentence," Reiis gestured to the bodies slumped in various piles. "Can't you tell?" Her voice was mocking...daring.

The ignition of the Darksaber ended that conversation. In a quick, fluid motion -- silent except for the deep, resonant hum of the inky blade -- Reiis assumed her version of the Djem So starting stance. Darksaber positioned horizontal above her head, Reiis bent at the knees, crouching slightly, right foot positioned further forward to stabilize the pose. It was something she'd learned over time. With her Darksaber positioned just so, she could block or attack just as easily -- the crouched position offered similar advantages.

"Dare to fight," she hissed, glaring darkly though they could not see her face with their physical eyes. "Jedi scum."

OOC: Oh! I forgot! Physical details!!!!

Reiis has both legs and her right arm as lightsaber-resistant durasteel prosthetics. The suit isn't armor...mainly sealed robes. She requires a respirator to breathe because she was set on fire. Literally. She's short (5'5") but she's athletic and insane. Despite the robes, her movement isn't impaired. I think that's everything you'd need to know.
    [​IMG]

Nehru_Amidala and The Vanguard like this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Padawan Silent

I step back, keeping a hand on my own lightsaber as I carefully watch Reiis. "So you want to fight us?" I ask carefully, changing my stance to the side. I didn't flinch at her Jedi Scum remark, instead turning to my own Master. "Are all Sith like this Master?" I don't feel scared, just confused. I mean, reading about Sith was one thing, but being face to face with one was another.

Tag: The Vanguard Anakin.Skywalker

8. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Ryloth, Outpost

The fugitive ignited her darksaber before morphing into a combat stance, Djem So from it's appearance.

"Dare to fight," she hissed, "Jedi scum."
    There was a humorous pause, as neither Jedi said anything in response at first. Before too long, Silent pointedly asked, "So you want to fight us?" Silent adjusted her stance into a ready one herself, all without hesitation. "Are all Sith like this Master?"

"Good question," he answered his padawan, "I would have an answer if she was actually Sith."

Koji brought his lightsaber to bear telekinetically. "It appears she is only a pretender." *snap-hiss*
    "One way or another Invadator, you will submit to judgement."

OOC: Appearances (just for fun)
    [​IMG]

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  9. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis sensed levity in the more experienced of the two, and it annoyed her to no end. She ignored the apprentice, who asked what Reiis considered to be an obvious question -- this one apparently lacked experience. That was fine: Reiis would provide her with all the experience she needed in loss, pain, dismemberment, and death. No problem.

And she only growled in response to his "insult." She didn't pretend to be Sith anymore....at least not in title. A Dark-sider she was, yes, but that was all she could technically claim since the Exile. Well, fight now banter later.

Reiis leaped towards the Master/Padawan pair, landing just short of them as she set her Darksaber into an impossibly fast spin -- well, impossible if it weren't for the prosthetic wrist. That was a nice feature. Breaking the spin, she repeatedly slashed towards each of them in turns in a blindingly fast figure-8 pattern.

"That two of you came for an ex-Sith apprentice is quite amusing, really," she said with more than a hint of condescension. She didn't appreciate the Master's slights; Reiis had killed far too many people to be taken lightly, unless the Jedi really was that cocky. Either way, she'd prove to him that she warranted respect from all levels of the Jedi hierarchy. Reiis may not have even made it past her training, but she was no fool.

OOC: *contemplates drawing* Hmmm...the snark is strong with this one. :p

dragonsith13 and The Vanguard like this.
  10. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Ryloth

Reiis leaped, landing just short of the Jedi with her darksaber whirling like a propeller. Her speed was impressive, if not incredible. Koji caught each slash offered by the darksider before she continued to spin her weapon.

"That two of you came for an ex-Sith apprentice is quite amusing, really," she said condescendingly. Koji responded by dodging the assault. Rolling to his left and re-engaging Reiis from her right, he cut low and rotated his body with Ataru-esque agility into a spinning kick aimed at her abdomen.

"I'm glad we can offer you amusement before your sentencing."
    TAG: Anakin.Skywalker TheSilentInfluence

OOC: Please do! The internet needs more SW drawings.

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

"Too bad we can't offer her a muzzle." I counter lightly, stumbling out of the way of Reiis's attacks. I activated my lightsaber, the green reflecting off my face as I grip it tightly. I regain my footing before swinging towards Reiis quickly, hoping to distract her.

"Master, I think we need a plan." I yell over to my Master, hoping that we can effectively counter the darkside user. She felt strong, but I knew that Master The Vanguard was stronger. I didn't want to get in his way.

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

The male Jedi rolled to her right, and proceeded to take a low swipe, which Reiis parried as she continued the figure-8 pattern again the Jedi. She growled at their mild jibes, but maintained her concentration in silence. Her Darksaber made the rotation in time to bat away the swing from the female Jedi, which would give her enough time to switch positions and execute a new tactic. Making a tight rolling dive aided by Force Speed to avoid the kick coming from the right, Reiis slid past the Padawan, springing up behind her and out of the immediate range of the other.

Slashing at the Padawan's thus far unguarded back, Reiis simultaneously extended her free hand towards the back of the Jedi's head, sending a vicious Mind Shard which -- if all worked as planned -- should cripple the Padawan learner enough to make her strike lethal.....or at least very deep, painful, and debilitating.

13. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Ryloth

The Darksider continued switching back and forth between her definsive blurring rotation and quick strikes, stalling the Jedi's counter-attacks.
    "Master, I think we need a plan," padawan Silent uttered with urgency. "I always have a plan," the Master quipped. "I just have to discover it." With snapping speed, the half machine, half human dove out of her contained position and popped up behind Silent, attacking her from behind.

"Silent, drop!"

Koji threw his lightsaber with a snap of his wrist, augmented wholly by the Force. His cobalt blue blade buzzed aloud as it cut through the air in his Padawan's direction, with Reiis directly behind her.

TAG: Anakin.Skywalker TheSilentInfluence

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I drop down quickly at my Masters warning, hitting the ground hard as my lightsaber rolls out of my hand. I barely missed the heat of the darksiders lightsaber, nor the sound of my Masters as it flies above me.

"Cutting it a little close there Master!"

15. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis' Darksaber missed as the Jedi dropped to the floor, the Mind Shard missing its target. Reiis flung another Shard down at the Jedi by her feet, but kept her attention on the blade sailing towards her. She swerved her upper body to miss it, feet remaining in place as she summoned the Padawan's saber to her left hand. Whether or not she received it, she'd take a swipe at the flying weapon, then direct her blades down at the Padawan.

OOC: I apologize for the delay and for the brevity of this post. It's not pretty but it conveys the motions I needed Reiis to perform.

16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Ryloth Outpost

The cobalt blade passed harmlessly (inches) above Silent as she dropped to the deck. Close one, he thought. Reiis responded by batting away the flying lightsaber, sending it back towards it's master at full velocity. Anticipating the darksider's attempt to acquire Silent's weapon using his battle precognition, Koji leapt with intensity in the Force, catching his weapon mid-air and swinging directly to catch Reiis' attempted swipe at padawan Silent.

"I think, I have a plan," Koji said in between breaths.

OOC: No apologies necessary, it's all gravy. :)

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I rolled out of the way of the shards and leapt back to my feet, facing the darksider. As I noticed her reach out for my lightsaber I raised my hand, "That's not yours." And then, "Whatever plan you have Master would be great. I'll follow your lead."

I was breathing hard, but I didn't want to lose.

OOC: Sorry it's so late. Got really busy.

18. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Damn! The swipe missed the Jedi Padawan and was caught by the Master's blade. Even Reiis's attempt at destroyed said lightsaber was in vain, as it had only been deflected back towards him.

She lashed out with a Force Wave to both shove the Jedi back and move her own position backwards to keep the distance between them. "So, Jedi," she smirked. "Still confident you can bring me to 'justice?'" A ripple of anger emanated from Reiis, making the room tremble, bits of plaster and debris falling from the ceiling and walls.

Backing up further, Reiis Force Levitated some of the rotting corpses from the piles around them, hurling them at the Jedi at bone-breaking speed.

The Vanguard likes this.
  19. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Southern Archives Wing

The apprentices focused efforts were not in vain, as her anger was able to quell a significant amount of the inferno. Channeling it out away from the library. Secondary fires still smoldered and burned all around as the library was in ruins. The burnt smell of parchment and wood hung everywhere. Melted wiring and durasteel.

“How dare you do this!” She cried out in anger.

The library shook, as a vibrating wave of energy flowed from one end to the other. The ends of the library began to crumble on each end, as they seemed to unnaturally fold and collapse upon itself. The floor unnaturally began to pitch up as if a singular point in the library near where Hekate stood was the focal point. All mass seeming to be dragged inward to it, collapsing upon itself.

There was no escaping it, as the debris and shelves, pillars, stones, tables, and all manner of things inhabiting the library were tossed about and crashing down inward to its center point on top of Hekate.

The crushing pain of her limbs being smashed and searing pain as mounds of burning debris landed upon of her.
    Everything went black on her…

She would find herself awoken, sitting at one of the large polished wood tables in the library. The morning sun was shining through in a familiar manner, the same manner in which she had felt minutes earlier in the library as she had felt the sun rise already before. She would find herself alone and unharmed.
    A black hooded figure sitting across from her.

“What did you learn?”

Nehru_Amidala

20. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Ryloth Outpost

Reiis lashed out with a Force Wave that halted Koji's advance and forced him to brace. Despite using the force to absorb the brunt of the blast, the wave still shoved him back with strong violence. He could smell the heat from the bottom of his boots as they dragged across the floor. "So, Jedi," Invadator smirked. "Still confident you can bring me to 'justice?'" A ripple of anger emanated from Reiis, making the room tremble, bits of plaster and debris falling from the ceiling and walls. "Your anger won't save you Reiis," he countered, "Turn from this path and take responsibility for your actions." His tone was that of reproach, instructionally rebuking her as he would a child.

Backing up further she Force Levitated some of the rotting corpses from the piles around them and sent them flying at Koji and his padawan.

Wanting to respect the bodies of the fallen, Koji disengaged his lightsaber to refrain from slicing through the make-shift projectiles. He bobbed and weaved past the first few before a knee from one of the bodies clipped him in the jaw, causing him to stun temporarily. Annoyed at her methods, Koji stood his ground and extended his arms out, creating a shield in the Force. The bodies slammed into the invisible barrier and began to pile before him. "Padawan, get behind me," he called out to Silent. Continuing his communication through the force, he sent her a message. Corner her, we will bring down the ceiling and trap her inside. As the last of the mercenaries bodies bounced from his shield he cried out, "Now!" and re-engaged his lightsaber.

21. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Southern Archives Wing

Hekate awoke with a start, and a startled gasp! Covering her mouth with embarrassment, her mind reeling from the psychedelic experience. The children, the fire, her rages at the loss of millennia of Sith lore!- swept away by the metaphorical whisk broom of illusion...by the headmaster no less.

Well...what had she learned?

Looking up and across the table at the black robed figure sitting across from her, she calmed herself down enough to answer her master.

"I learned not to take what I see at face value, under the veneer of reality are the shadows that threaten to tear it asunder and let the truth be known. Thus, we reveal what is blind to others."

dragonsith13

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

"You know for someone who is supposed to be a darksider, I'm surprised you can even hit anything with that lightsaber." I casually walk towards Reiis, feeling a little nervous. "Then again if you did hit something other then your inflated ego I'd be impressed." I continue walking towards her. "Try me darksider." I hold out my arms, taunting.

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker The Vanguard

23. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis almost couldn't suppress a disdainful laugh, both at the older Jedi's words and his attempts to avoid the flying bodies. No Sith would have cared, but apparently Jedi "respected" even the dead, and it was more than a little amusing for Reiis to watch the older Jedi get smacked in the face by one of them. She often received a warped sense of satisfaction from watching Jedi struggle. As bodies slumped now against the new barrier, forming a sort of macabre wall, Reiis contemplated her situation, feeling quite sorry for herself that she was being hunted down for her "crimes" but all the same feeling quite satisfied that Jedi (finally, real Jedi!) had been sent to do the work.

She snarled as the Jedi tried to scold her like a child, opening her mouth to say more when a tremor in the Force abruptly stopped her. They were communicating telepathically. She couldn't tell what exactly it was, but it was clear they were plotting. Flinging the last body towards the Jedi's shield, Reiis braced for what was to come. But it was not as she expected.

The male Jedi had ignited his saber, and the Padawan advanced.

"You know for someone who is supposed to be a darksider, I'm surprised you can even hit anything with that lightsaber. Then again if you did hit something other then your inflated ego I'd be impressed. Try me darksider."

Reiis seethed, the Dark Force within her slowly then faster and faster swirling the air around her like a small tornado. Her dark cloak swirled menacingly as Reiis ignited the Darksaber -- it was now as if he whole body absorbed the light around them, dimming the room. It wasn't as if she didn't know she had an ego. Of course she did. She was Reiis Invadator for kriff's sake....whatever that was supposed to mean to anyone. Still, the slight against her skills was enough to throw her into a rage.

"Try you? Foolish Padawan. I've had far more training with both the Force and a saber than you, and have endured training sessions you couldn't imagine." She was referring to fundamental difference that she was almost sure existed between Jedi and Sith training. Certainly, the Jedi didn't torture or mentally punish their Padawans. Of course, Reiis had never received as much from her own Master, but some of the others in the Sith hierarchy could be rather....demanding.

She waited. Now was not the time to make a move.

24. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Southern Archives Wing

"I learned not to take what I see at face value, under the veneer of reality are the shadows that threaten to tear it asunder and let the truth be known. Thus, we reveal what is blind to others."

The cloaked headmaster sat calmly listening to the response of the young apprentice. She was right to not take things at face value.

"Well put. You are ready to begin you journey in the Knight of Darkness."

She had done well in navigating her trial, though its importance and status were ambiguous at the moment. An illusion? Premonition? The Headmaster rose and turned away leaving her to think and ponder. She would notice a few blisters on her hand, clearly burns and the black ash and char upon her clothing, perhaps previously unseen. Curiously strong reactions to "just" an illusion.

@Nehru_Amidala

ooc: end of selection trial

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I breathed deeply for a few seconds, before quickly moving towards Reiis, keeping my feet even along the ground and hoping that I was as brave as a Mandalorian, wanting to get her further back into the room. I shoved a force push towards Reiis, hoping to catch them off balance, and hoping to have enough time to dodge their lightsaber. That was not something I wanted to be hit by.

I just hoped this was going to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.