main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Ryloth Outpost

Koji waited and watched as his padawan advanced, trying to push Reiis back deeper into the structure. The former outpost had at one time been home to an advanced guard of Republic Clone Troopers, but now was a derelict shell of it's former glory. The walls were carbon scored, some were newer from the recent mercenaries but others were old. The ceiling was compromised having multiple gaping holes in it. Their size and shape indicated a CIS orbital bombardment.

Koji noticed a particularly weak spot in the ceiling that could prove useful in barricading the young darksider. Only a few more feet, keep pressing her back, he spoke through the Force to his padawan.

TAG:Anakin.Skywalker TheSilentInfluence

2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

It became clear to Reiis now that the Jedi were trying to corner her. She stole a side glance to her right. Maybe the Jedi couldn't see that this "corner" led to another opening, but she could. Just as well. She backed up further, putting the opening in better view and she dug deeper in the Jedi's minds.

The ceiling.

But what about the ceiling? Reiis glanced now at that part of the room, furrowing her brown in confusion...

Oh those dirty rotten Jedi...

They were going to collapse the ceiling on her weren't they? That was fine....she'd go along...just long enough to make sure it backfired.

Reiis backed into where they were pushing her.

TAG: The Vanguard TheSilentInfluence

Dagobahsystem and The Vanguard like this.
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Darth Saadi
    Grassy plains of Togoria on the outskirts of a spaceport.

Staring straight into the brown pond water, the Clawdite could barely make out his own dark green reflection. Had he changed so much? Cupping a handful of liquid from this languid pool, he drew it to his mouth and sipped softly, and then quickly, yet nearly silently, splashed his face, soothing his dried pores when he suddenly felt a subtle, yet noteworthy disturbance in the Force.

Touching the blaster on his hip, there was never time for rest and repose the changeling thought ironically, he slunk down towards the reedy, grassy foliage that surrounded this little pool.

A darkish, brown presence seemed to materialize faintly out of the treeline, though some distance away. Saadi felt the strange sensation that he was being watched, which irritated him greatly.
    As a trusted assassin in the Empire, it was his job to do the watching.

Suppressing the rage that surfaced all too easily within him, Saadi briefly closed his eyes and sought to further align his mind with the dark side of the Force.
    Creeping slowly forward, the changeling thought he saw distinctive green and red markings in the treeline that inexplicably both highlighted and obfuscated the darker, more tan colored presence he had previously sensed. A flash of red sped before his eyes and was gone, although if it were real or imagined, he could not tell.

Quickly checking over the numerous weapons fastened to his belt, including a crimson bladed lightsaber, Saadi shifted his guise into the garb of a local merchant, lightened his natural green skin tone, while cloaking his head.

Stepping out from the bank of the pond, Darth Saadi began to walk calmly toward the mysterious figure he was most certain had been there, just moments before. The Clawdite slipped his badly burned left arm under his dark cloak, gripping the hidden blaster in his hand.

TAG: BookExogorth

4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    It was uncommon enough that Edo went to this area. She had gone through Togoria before and walked through pretty much everywhere, but because of the culture there, she did not usually make a visit. However, something different had taken place this time. Something in the force had told her where to go.
    So, she went to the city, and she though had found someone that might have a force sensitivity, Edo knew she wasn't the reason the force called her.
    Edo continued to walk outside of the city, and suddenly, she sensed something... or someone? She slowly walked closer, and felt a darksider ahead of her, but something was odd about how he felt in the force. She realized he could see her and ran to another place. She tried to sense him again, and this time, there was an odd shift in his feel.
    She knew he was moving closer, so she came from a scrap pile, behind which she had concealed herself. She asked, "Who are you?" Her hands were straightening her belt, touching the guard shotos that were hooked there.
    Tag: Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015

Staring straight ahead, Saadi sensed something strange through the Force, as this mysterious figure slipped from behind a scrap pile. Strange, as in a sense of the light side.

Additionally, the overriding sense received and assimilated from the Force was that this creature was quite unlike any the Clawdite had encountered before.

At that moment, he heard a female voice quietly ask "Who are you?"

"I am but a simple merchant," Saadi lied, smiling as he let go of the grip on his blaster, "I am one with the Force, the Force is with me."

Saadi, sensing the potential for a fight, folded his arms in front of his chest, and eyed the woman warily.

"Who are you? Do you come in peace?" He grinned, restraining the urge to laugh.

BookExogorth

BookExogorth likes this.
  6. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    A simple merchant? What simple merchant here talked about the force, especially here? The way he spoke, too, was suspicious, for he spoke deceptively, as if he was hiding something.
    Edo walked around him. He was probably just as prepared to fight as she was, most likely more, but he didn't know of her.
    "Yes." She said simply. She came in peace, for she came in the light. Fighting to kill wasn't in her way, and she'd prefer not to fight at all. "You spoke of the force. Are you a jedi? What is your name?" She smiled sincerely, for though she was certain of the answer to the first, the question was surprising to many of its recipients. She wondered who this darksider was, what they had done, and why they'd done it.

Ananta Chetan and Dagobahsystem like this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015

The changeling pressed his lips together, containing a smirk, as he watched this creature intently, noticing her brow furrow, as she was most certainly going over a great many things in her mind.

Saadi held his ground, staring straight ahead, as she walked around him, focusing on the curiosity that was the light she left in her wake. But like any wave, it was only temporary and flowed back to the sea and like any sound, it died away into silence.

Saadi sensed much fear in her; as she had refused to identify herself, merely answering "Yes." And she was now pacing around him, rather nervously, or so it appeared, yet surprisingly, this did not deter her from further questioning.

"Yes. I am a Jedi. At least I once was, a long time ago." Saadi said as sincerely as possible. "My name is Saabir."

Saadi felt a breeze blow through the landscape and he closed his eyes as he spoke again.

"Tell me please, who are you? Why were you watching me as I drank by the pond? What do you call yourself? Tell me, and then we may begin."

Saadi glared at the figure as she passed before him again and forced a smile, drawing on the dark side of the Force.

BookExogorth

BookExogorth likes this.
  8. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017

"Saabir. Can't say I know you." She also couldn't say that it was probably because he had been in the main Jedi order. She wondered at why he'd say such things, though. She felt the dark side around him, and dark siders tend to attack without disguise most often, though less than she thought at first. "I am Edo. I was watching you because you gave me pause, and curiosity. I don't particularly like nicknames."

She felt that it was important that whoever this oddly concealed dark sider was, she needed him to know her good intent.
    "What's there to begin?" She ran her fingers along her braided hair, and quizzically pursed her lips. "Do you have a grievance against me?"

9. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015

"Very well, Edo. Curiosity can lead to trouble, or so I've heard."

Saadi smiled at the woman as she spoke. She seemed surrounded by the light side and the inherent hypocrisy contained therein.

"What is there to begin? No real grievance per se, just a rather strong sense of disruption and suspicion. Might I add that it is unwise to lower your defenses," Saadi snarled as he activated his crimson lightsaber and took two steps forward towards Edo, raising the blade over his head and bringing it downward in a quick, slashing motion.

Tag: BookExogorth

BookExogorth likes this.
  10. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017

Edo pressed the buttons on her right saber hilt that sparked the blade. She backed up a step and raised the blade above her head, slashing with it to redirect this Saabir's strike. Edo then ignited her other guard shoto with her left hand, using it to stab at his torso. She was glad that she had taken the trip to the planet and meditated for much of it, it gave her focus and appreciation of the force. She knew she had to be in tune with the force when she attacked, for she let it guide her. She trusted the force when it directed her to fight, though she preferred the more peaceful means.

"I'm sure you've heard that the force is a jedi's defense. If you were a jedi, why aren't you now?" As she finished her inquiry, she used the force to batter him with a few pieces of the scrap pile behind which she had stood.

11. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Saadi

The Jedi's right blade crushed upwards, perpendicular to his; blades hissing with frantic energy for a split second and then Saadi was immediately forced to slash violently downward and to the left to block her sudden shoto attack at his torso.

Stepping back as he violently slashed at her right saber again, Saadi heard her speak, but was suddenly pelted with metal scrap parts!
    Exhaling loudly, the changeling slapped many of the parts back from whence they came, just as one nasty sharp little piece struck him in the left thigh, just above the knee.

Stifling a groan, Saadi Force pushed Edo as he fell to his right knee, deactivating his saber. He then forcibly extracted the offending piece from his left leg, and flung it at her face.

"Because peace is a lie." Saadi said serenely, his eyes nearly glowing reddish gold by now; sound and appearance an incongruous match, for sure.

"Don't you understand this, Edo?"

Saadi rose and took two steps towards the Jedi, sensing and ignoring the blood dripping slowly from his left leg.

"Or haven't they taught you the hypocrisy lesson yet?" The Clawdite snarled as he reactivated his lightsaber and stepped forward, facing the mysterious and powerful Jedi head on.

Tag: BookExogorth

Ananta Chetan and BookExogorth like this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple of Light; Training Courtyard
    [​IMG]

The Ongree Jedi Knight moved quietly into position, looking across the courtyard he felt a soft breeze blow against him, and the tranquility of the force surround him.
    Semajj took a deep, calming breath, as he turned to face his Mirialan opponent. "I have been looking forward to this." he offered with a polite bow to Jedi Iotasi. "It will be interesting to see how this spar goes."
    The Consular pulled off his brown over-robe before tossing it aside with casual indifference.
    "May force be with you my friend." He offered a subtle smirk, as he pulled his lightaber off the clip at his waste with his right hand.
    He raised the hilt at an angle above his head, outstretching his left hand parallel to the newly ignited green blade.
    Classic Form III.

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels

OOC: I hope I'm not stepping on anyones turf here. Things looked comparatively quite here than in any of the other dueling threads.
    And I hope the setting I chose works well for you Becca, It's the same place I had my first dual as a Padawan learner and it seemed the simplest one for me to set up.:)

Mitth_Fisto and Ananta Chetan like this.
  13. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi :bluesaber:
    Training Courtyard, Temple of Light

The cool, yet comfortable air of the training courtyard tugged at her hood and cloak as she entered, standing opposite the Ongree Jedi Knight she'd once accompanied to Ilum with his fellows. Liuna released her cloak and let it fall into a small pile near the edge of the room, revealing her non-traditional, but practical outfit: no robes to slow her down, just reinforced clothes that wouldn't get in the way.

As she approached, she responded in kind to her opponent. "We always have something to teach one another," she agreed, placing her hands on her thighs and bowing. "And in that case we both win."

She then drew her lightsaber, the two hilts attached to form one dualsaber today, but she didn't ignite the blades, holding it in her gloved right hand almost casually. She stepped a few paces to her right, keeping her body at an angle from him, still keeping her demeanour relaxed. Once off to the side, she lowered herself into a defensive stance, both knees bent and feet far enough apart to give her balance, shoulders in line with her knees. Then, taking in and releasing a deep breath in time, she drew her arms up to shoulder height and pushed outwards, forward with her left and backwards with her lightsaber-gripping right, in line with her shoulders and stance. Without looking back, she ignited one side of her cyan lightsaber so that she held it in a reverse grip horizontally, and beckoned with her palm facing upward. Time to see which of them would make the first move.

TAG: ConservativeJedi321 and Ananta Chetan so you know this is finally happening hah

OOC: Woo, I'm finally here now. A lot of this will likely be based on my RL martial arts experience so... we'll see how hard it is to translate into writing :p (So far: pretty hard) Also as a note I haven't written a duel since I was a Padawan (so like 2013) so we'll see how this goes...

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj NosrepTemple of Light; Training Courtyard

The Ongree looked at his fellow Jedi Knight with interest. He had to be careful he knew, she had been a Jedi longer than him. He could not be drawn into an attack he was unprepared for. Once upon a time that would mean holding back and letting her make the first move as he waited for her to make a mistake. But since reaching knighthood he had been practicing offense as well.

He swung his green blade through the air in a figure eight, before bringing it back into a two handed grip near his shoulder, switching to form V smoothly and without hesitation. After a second he began to move towards his adversary, one foot in front of the other, each move done with precision, so he would not be lured into an energy wasting frenzy. Form V was more offensive oriented than Form III, but as he used one he did not completely abandon the other.
    When he came within blades distance of Liuna, Semajj halted his advance. Maintaining a fair distance so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by any attack she might unleash. He pulled his blade above his head, and swung down in a powerful strike towards her right forearm.

It probably wouldn't hit her, but he never intended to end the fight with one attack.

He was prodding her defenses, seeing where her strengths and weaknesses lye.

Rebecca_Daniels

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006

She was a little surprised Semajj chose to go on the offense, but she was pleased not to have to make the first move. The strike was almost cautious, testing, and she quickly twisted her blade around to a forehand grip to parry, both hands firm on the hilt with still only the single blade illuminated. Speed and power were her game, and she didn't want to tire herself out just yet, at least not until she got an opening.

Following through with the parry movement, she kept their blades locked together as she pressed closer, quickly taking a step forward so there was only a small space between them. In the same motion, she drew her right leg up and kicked straight out towards her opponent's midsection, strengthening the kick with the Force in an attempt to knock him back. While her instinct was to keep following through and overwhelm with attacks, instead she disengaged and leaped a few paces back, landing in a ready stance with her lightsaber on guard in an angle across her body.

TAG: ConservativeJedi321

Mitth_Fisto and Ananta Chetan like this.
  16. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015

*sneaks around, installing specifically placed detonators in close proximity to everyone*

I present a present for you BookExogorth! I'm sure you will cherish them always. [face_laugh]

*slowly begins to loosen a tight lid that contains two Kouhuns inside a black canister* [face_skull]

OOC: Might be prudent to at least make a final post if you quit the duel. What Would A Jedi Do? [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

BookExogorth likes this.
  17. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017

Edo watched the scrap hit Saadi, and began to approach him, hoping to kill...
    Why did she want to kill?
    A sense of wrongness was creeping into her, a sense that something wasn't right.
    She saw his blood hit the ground.
    She knew she had to stop him, that he was dangerous, but this was not the right way. Something was getting to her now, and she knew that at least today, the force was not with her. More accurately, she was not with the force.
    Edo knew that, though she sensed him here, she was not ready for a confrontation. She extinguished her sabers and put them back on her belt.
    Dragged out of thought by something crawling to her, she saw two worms, sensing the danger from them. He was attempting to poison her, then...
    In desperation, she tore off the sash she wore over her eye sockets and used it to pick up the worms. She knew that she had to get out of here. Covering her face with a hand, she cast a glance back at Saadi before running to the place she left her ship.

Dagobahsystem
    OoC: I apologize. Is this ok with you?

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Courtyard

The Ongree sensed the kick coming and was prepared. He knew better than to try and avoid it, experience had taught him he was rather poor at dodging such force attacks, but the bulky figure of his species was perfect for absorbing them. He crossed his arms before him, reinforcing his force shield as best he could as he locked his knees and the strike hit him full force.

His boots slid across the stone walkway, and dust flew out from them as he was pushed back a meter or more. But he was still standing, and relatively unbruised at that.

He observed his opponent again. His pass has allowed him to observe her talent, and could tell she was at least as out of her element as he was his. She would prefer to be on attack, as he would prefer to be on defense. Yet he figured there was a strategy there of sorts, the question was who could last the longest in such a situation.

Semajj flurried his blade before him, and approach his opponent again. Careful to preserve what energy he could should she unexpectedly change strategies and force him to rely on Form III. As he came within blades distance, he feinted another strike at her right forearm, before moving his blade down hard towards her thigh.

Rebecca_Daniels

19. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006

As they faced off, Liuna kept light on her feet, trusting in her long-used form of Ataru that at its core was about movement. The low strike she deflected to the side instead of blocking hard, and sidestepped away from their clashing lightsabers to give herself more space to move.

With both hands on her elongated hilt, she made three moves in quick succession. First, she deactivated the blade that was currently lit so that she wouldn't accidentally hurt Semajj in case she did make contact. Then she lashed out hard and quick with the section of the hilt between her spread hands towards the Ongree's face; a hit to a more human face might cause them to blink or otherwise waver, she had no idea whether the Ongree had weak points in their faces. And lastly, as she drew back, she relit her lightsaber, this time with both blades extending in a defensive stance. Her methods were maybe not standard or fair by Jedi rules, but rules didn't matter when it was life or death; at least a moment of hesitation or consideration here would not end in someone's death.

Ananta Chetan and Sarge like this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

The Ongree wasn't quite sure what to make of such a move, he was aware such a hilt bash was common place among the wielders of dual bladed lightsabers, and for a brief second he contemplated catching the metal bar between is dense teeth, though a desire to avoid causing harm to his opponent halted that plan.
    It was purely theoretical anyways, his people's lack of lips allowed them to adapt stronger teeth that he suspected should hold up against such an unusual line of attack, though he really didn't want to find out if they could at the moment.
    Even if they did the awkward situation was unpredictable.

Instead he ducked somewhat awkwardly, leaping back for a moment, before moving forward again, his green blade extended. stabbing strait towards the Mirialan's abdomen hoping to catch her off guard.

Rebecca_Daniels, Ananta Chetan

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006

Liuna smiled a bit to herself when Semajj had to step back and duck to avoid the hit. He followed it up with a riposte, a straight stab towards her, and Liuna reacted by simply sliding a few paces back beyond the lightsaber's reach rather than parrying, then another step for good measure. Her retreating was putting her in a corner, but she wasn't going to stay there.

She lifted her saber with both hands towards her right shoulder as if preparing to strike, though at this distance she couldn't hit. With a step forward, bringing her lightsaber across her body with the strength of a strike, she used that motion and the Force to propel her into a twisting mid-air spin that carried her past Semajj and left her facing him as she landed. In the same motion, she struck down with the left side of her lightsaber, bringing the force of her landing to bear on the first strike, then reversing the blades and striking twice more at high speed, once right and left.

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Semajj, trusted in his instincts, did not react to the feints of his opponent, instead as she leapt in the air, he was already turning to intercept her attacks, in a second he batted away her first strike, and as she reversed course he parried the next, calmly falling back in a rhythmed defense. Her third strike he caught and held, locking blades between them for a second, before pushing it back at her, he gathered his energies, and after only a couple seconds unleashed a telekinetic push.

Perhaps not strong enough to throw her around the room, but he suspected it to be enough to at least stagger her.

Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  23. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006

The push didn't catch her entirely off-guard, but it was strong enough that it was easier to let it push her than resist. Liuna leaned into the push to keep upright, letting it slide her a few metres back as she dropped into a crouch. Her left hand pressed against the training ground's stone floor to keep her balance, and she held her lightsaber away from her body with her right.

Just as she came to a halt, she reversed direction, using the gathered energy to draw her once again into the air, this time a straight leap without any acrobatics. Her lightsaber, once again in both hands, drew back over her shoulder before delivering a strong overhand blow that would lead both of her blades through the same path if not blocked. The move, despite the leap, was not one quite as familiar to her, as Ataru also relied on speed; this was something she'd picked up in her more recent training with Vaapad, a form that carried far more strength in each of its attacks.

OOC: slide-y move thanks to the winter solider, who also has a mechanical left arm, as it happens, but is way more dramatic than Liuna :p

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj NosrepTraining Courtyard, Temple of Light

Semajj jumped forward, creating momentum as well as space where there had been little before.
    He met her half way as she went back on the offensive, and the Ongree fell back into the natural defense of form III he had been practicing since his earlies days as a Padawan.

He aimed to redirect her blades, though as they came at him one following the other in one clean path he found it easier to simply side step the energy beams.
    Moving ever so slightly away, he glided to the side, as he refused to back up towards the wall Liuna had been stuck against only a moment ago.

Instead he now stood on the Mirialans right, before she finished her swipe the Ongree was attacking again, with a two handed strike towards her outstretched arms.

Rebecca_Daniels

Sarge and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006

As he met her attack and then sidestepped, Liuna let her strike flow into a defense, spinning the dualsaber's blades around and catching the strike on her blade's upward path. As she moved she continued to draw the Force inward, relying more on that than her eyes, just preparing. Holding there for only the briefest of moments, she then spun to kick with her back leg, this time without the strength of a Force push, and continued the motion to disengage and step away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.