main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR The Official "Things We'd Like to See in ToR" Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I want to be able to use Sith magic. Ancient Sith = Sith magic. I want to be able to cast spells, use amulets, Sith alchemy, and have access to a host of arcane Force powers.

2. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I'd like to see class-oriented quests, for instance maybe a Bounty Hunter has to travel to different planets and capture bounties or a Jedi must defeat a few Sith warriors all by himself. Also, maybe some Revan/Malak flashbacks. And perhaps DARKSABERS!!!

3. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    A dynamic game world that feels as if I'm having an impact while doing compelling quests WITHOUT a phasing system that leaves me standing around going "Guys? Where did you all go?" "We're right here! Where are you?" "I'm right here too! I swear!" "Umm..." "Anyone? AAaaanyone? ...Bueller??!"

Armor that actually looks like armor will also be a plus. I can do without any more "This is the strongest armor in the game? ...So why does it look like three strategically placed cheese triangles when my female character puts it on?" in my MMOs. [face_plain]

4. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    An advanced class for either the Jedi Knight or the Jedi Consular that mimicks the Jedi Sentinel class from the KOTOR titles. That was always my best class, since I loved the balanced approach it brought.

5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I would be terribly surprised if the Jedi Knight Advanced Classes wouldn't be Guardian and Sentinel. At least in name - actual abilities might not be similar.

I just have to smile remembering all the threads on TOR forums where people demanded that the Jedi Knight class must be changed to Jedi Guardian... :)

6. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    An Advanced Class or a talent tree or whatever for either the Jedi Consular or Jedi Knight that replicates the Jedi Sentinel class from the KOTOR titles. As a guy who always went for the Sentinel, I can't stress this enough!

7. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Err, first off, sorry for the earlier DP of that same idea- seem to have forgotten I'd already posted here... [face_blush]

Second, I had another I wanted to mention: if we DO get a balanced Sentinel-esque advanced class- and this is specific for the Consulars, mind you- for all that is good in this world, I do NOT want that to mean I have to use a double-bladed lightsaber! They're pretty, but give me a single-blade any day!

8. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    I would love to see what happened to the exile and Revan and the Eben hawk. oh and have a big slection of ships. not one per class, more like a hundred for each side. ok maby not a hundred but you get what I mean.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Definitely, but those ships are very pretty so I'll be content if there are not a particularly large amount.

Planet's I'd actually like to see in the future; Mustafar, if only because its backstory in this era is getting more and more intriguing, and Csilla, if only because this era seems like the perfect chance to visit a world which is subsequently lost... if we visited Nagi I'd probably keel over in shock, though. [face_blush]

10. Danaan

Danaan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2008
    I'd like to see the Class system completely scrapped so that players don't have to be pidgeonholed into little pre-made splats they don't feel comfortable with. I mean, what if I want to play a bad guy smuggler, or a good guy bounty hunter? Or maybe I don't want to play other - maybe I want to play an honest merchant in the Star Wars universe. Or a Senator?

I'd also like to see an rpg - any computer rpg, that goes away from the "walk along the dotted line, kill all the bots, get the loot, collect the xp and solve the quest" kind of gameplay. What if the experience I want from an rpg is to not solve the plots using violence at all? What if I want to solve my quests by use of dialogue, subterfure, intrigue?

11. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    Danaan has a great point. the smugglers and bounty hunters should be able to be Jedi or Sith, and the jedi at least should be able to give peaceful results, But I dont agree with the senator class the merchant seems like a good idea thought

12. Danaan

Danaan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2008
    Thanks! I just wanted to bring the focus to the inherent role-playing, story and drama potential inherent in non-combat roles. Obviously politics won't be something for everybody (though don't underestimate the potential excitiment in trying to get people to vote for your bill) - but computer rpgs are clearly locked in the little Dungeons & Dragons dungeoncrawl box. It seriously needs to get out of there. At least if it wants to attract a new audience...

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think I'm hoping for more customization. With clothes and everything, but mostly I can't think of anything else. Maybe more classes to chose from.

14. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    As a major Exile fan (she's my favorite SW game character to date), I have to second this. :D

15. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010

As a major Exile fan (she's my favorite SW game character to date), I have to second this. :D [/quote]
    omg dude she is my fav too

16. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    *high-fives the above poster*

Seriously, I want some closure for the Exile, the lady who led the way to the broken Jedi Order's return. ;)

17. Jaina_Trickster

Jaina_Trickster Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2004
    One thing I absolutely loved with SWG was having housing (I know there is some speculation about it but not sure if it is confirmed yet). It just gave this additional level to the game that made it seem all the more real, personal, and unique. Someone recently said lots of customization... I'm all for it. I love being able to make characters and such exactly your own.

18. LeeRain

LeeRain Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2010
    Really, there are a number of planets to choose from. I don't know why but I would also like Felucia to appear since I kind of like that world for some reason. Still, I hope they put priority on TotJ/KotOR worlds so Onderon, Arkania, maybe Empress Teta etc.

19. Bobafreak93

Bobafreak93 Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2009
    I'm hoping there will be some unique races to play!

20. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Personal ships seem to take (among other things) the place of housing in TOR.

21. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.