main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Ulic Qel-Droma Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Kato Sai, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Five thousand years before Anakin Skywalker, there was a Jedi Knight named Ulic Qel-Droma, a man who had great passion. His life saw him as the greatest of Jedi Knights, Warrior under a Sith Sorceress, Sith Lord beside Exar-Kun, and then a Jedi Prodigal who though severed from the Force taught the next generation of Jedi.

Ulic’ story may seem similar to Anakin’s, but the winding path of light and darkness does not belong to Skywalker alone; many fall and rise again, Ulic was one of them.

Welcome to Ulic Qel Droma Official Fan Club.

As is required in all threads, following the JCF rules.

2. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Dusts off Ulic Holocron.

Ulic Speaks to Anakin Slywalker:

Tay Neir likes this.
  3. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    So what's this then Kato?

Kato Sai likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    (I moved it from the SWC so it popped up here.)

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    A fan club dedicated to one of most famous Jedi Knights.

Are you familiar with Ulic? :)

Grazie

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Tay Neir likes this.
  6. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    I hear you talk about him a lot Kato. But other wise I'm not familiar with him, no.

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Ulic Qel Droma lived 5000yrs before Anakin Skywalker. He came from family of Jedi, his brother Cay Qel Droma often went on missions with him. Ulic discovered a remnant of the Sith in a Cult called The Krath (sorcerers), while investigating and seeking to infiltrate it he is visited by the dark lord Freedon Nadd who tells him “you will be one of the great ones.” Ulic in his zeal to destroy the dark side by infiltrating the Krath succumbs to it, particularly in a romance with a Krath Witch named Aleema Keto. Ulic then meets Exar-Kun another Fallen Jedi chosen by Freedon Nadd, the two duel but are interrupted by Sith Spirit of Marko Ragnos, who tells them to work together, both Ulic & Exar’s foreheads are marked with a Sith sigil, and both have talismans that make their powers stronger together. Exar-Kun the stronger of the two becomes Master, and Ulic his Sith Apprentice. Cay, Ulic’s brother tries to help Ulic, but Ulic having turned to the dark side slays his brother, and has emotional break down. After waging war against The Republic, and trying to build a Sith Empire, Ulic encounters his old friend Nomi Sunrider who uses Force Severance to wall Ulic off from The Force. Ulic goes into exile on Rhen Var, there repenting of his sins. Vima Sunrider, Nomi’s daughter goes to Rhen Var and becomes a reluctant Ulic’s apprentice. Ulic is slain by the very pilot who dropped him off on Rhen Var, but he repents tp Nomi, and Sylvar (a Cathar Jedi) for the harm he did. Ulic becomes One With The Force. Later Anakin Skywalker on Rhen Var finds Ulic’s holocron to learn how to become immune to a Sith weapon called The Dark Reaper.

Jedi Knight88, Dandelo and Tay Neir like this.
  8. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    I see. That's interesting Kato.

Kato Sai and Dandelo like this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Ulic’s story is a fuller tale than Anakin’s IMHO. He underestimated the dark side of the Force as Master Thon warned him not to do:

“Ulic, my friend…the dark side has been with us since the beginning, and there is much accumulated understanding about its nature. But never forget—there is the way of the Jedi…and there is the path that leads to destruction. A Jedi who takes up the path of the dark side is no longer a Jedi. He who learns the dark way will become infected with the darkness. His judgment will become clouded and he will forget the good things he has learned. If he persists in this attempt to bridge the two divergent roads, he will be torn apart by his very being. Do not underestimate the power of the dark side… at all costs, do not underestimate the power of the dark side.

Jedi Knight88 and Tay Neir like this.
  10. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Interesting Kato. I'm starting to like this guy.

Kato Sai likes this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    If I can make a new fan of Ulic, I have done my job. :)

12. Taylor Neir

May 26, 2022
    Then tick that off your bucket list then Kato.

Kato Sai likes this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    One of my favorite parts of Ulic’s story is in exile on Rhen Var. He can’t feel The Force anymore because he’s cut off from it and contemplates if he can be a Jedi still with no Force Connection.

14. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I Have got to be part of this club Ulic is one of my favorite people

Kato Sai likes this.
  15. Revan Quinlan Vos and Anakin all these three were similar with Ulic
    loved Ulic in Tales of the Jedi Redemption

Tay Neir and Kato Sai like this.
  16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    We grow in number! Welcome brother!

[​IMG]

Tython Awakening and Tay Neir like this.
  17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Indeed, they all went through The Four Stages of the Dark Side, the last being Redemption (Windham, Jedi vs Sith).

Ulic and Anakin have the strongest stories. Since Tales of the Jedi (Darkhorse) that featured Ulic and his fall preceded The Prequels, one can’t help but wonder if Ulic’s story influenced and shaped Anakin’s in some way.

Revan’s story is as good till Shadows of Revan with him being two beings, Crazed Incarnate and Force Ghost. It would have been better if he had died tragically tortured by The Shadow Emperor; a lesson in that you should leave some things be till the proper time.

Tay Neir and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    True

Kato Sai and Tay Neir like this.
  19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Ulic Qel Droma are is mentioned in Knights of the Old Republic when Revan inquires about him from one of the Jedi Masters on Dantooine. The Timeline Archives also cover Ulic in The Old Republic game.

20. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah I remember ulic being mentioned KOTOR

21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It was a real treat for me, a huge fan of Ulic to have him mentioned in the game.

22. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I believe it was Master Dorak who mentioned him

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Good memory my friend! It was him indeed. Dorak drew parallels between Exar-Kun & Ulic Qel Droma and Malak & Revan. And in a lot of ways there are similarities; Malak and Kun stayed on Dark Side to their deaths, Revan & Ulic of course were redeemed. Revan had his memory wiped, Ulic had the Force wiped from him.

Tay Neir likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Exactly My friend

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Its interesting..

Anakin Redeems and dies shortly after.

Revan Redeems and live a long while, even having a kid and facing The Shadow Emperor.

Ulic is in between, he lives a good while after his redemption, but not nearly as long as Revan.