main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Old Republic: Cold War

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by RuneEisahn, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    [image=http://videogamewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/swtor-logo.jpg]

The Cold War

[i]"?the singular defining event of recent years?the unprecedented peace agreement between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, the Treaty of Coruscant."[/i]- [b]Jedi Master Gnost-Dural[/b]

The Great Galactic War has ended and peace has been restored across the Galaxy.

At a heavy price.

The Galactic Republic is on the fringes of its infrastructure. Its power and might a mere shadow of its former self, graded down and degenerated by the long, costly war with the returned Sith Empire and its allies.

And the Jedi...

Once the Guardians of Peace and Justice throughout the Galaxy, the Jedi were looked upon by the Republic in its time of need against the Sith threat and to lead its armies against their enemies. And so the Jedi rose to meet their ancient foe and the two met on numerous battlefields across the Galaxy.

But the war is over and has left the Order weak and shattered. They have been exiled to the world of Tython, where they work still to keep the peace in a Galaxy on the fringes of war.

The Galaxy is now divided, between the weak Galactic Republic and the mighty and injured Sith Empire. Deception is everywhere, the Sith and their agents move secretly across the Galaxy trying to disrupt the unsteady peace.

One false move, and the Galaxy will be sent back into war.

This...is the Cold War.

[image=http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/s/star_wars_the_old_republic-207402.jpg]

[hr]

Welcome to the Cold War. In preparation for The Old Republic MMORPG (Aren't we all excited!!!!) this RP is set four years after the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty of Coruscant, during the rising tension of the Cold War between the two Galactic superpowers, the Republic and the Sith Empire.

[hr]

[u][b]Players, Rules, and ugh, anything else of importance[/b][/u]

EVERYONE is invited to join this game! Its open to everyone!! Seriously. Although it would be best that you have some experience with RPing, it is not necessary to join. So, basically, as long as we get along, find a character, and don't deter from the story, we'll all be good.

Any character you decide to be is fine. Jedi, Sith, Soldiers, Farmers, Bounty Hunters, Politicians, Fleet Admirals, Pirates, who cares! Although I don't think you can be the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, but you can certainly be a Senator trying to become the Chancellor. As for someone like the Sith Emperor, well, perhaps an experienced RPer would do best, haha. Cannon Characters are welcome, although most of this time period has yet to be explored, so I expect most of your characters to be original. But hey, I could be wrong.

I do however block characters such as: The Sith Emperor, Satele Shan, and ugh, that's about it!

Also, I have no idea about how big or small this thing will be, so I won't be announcing the need for a Co-GM but keep an eye out!

[b]Character Sheet[/b]

Name:
    Planet of Birth:
    Affiliation:
    Force Affinity(?):
    Weapon:
    Equipment:
    Short Bio:

(If necessary, ehh, expand it however you want, as long as it is approved of by me.)

[image=http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2011/07/Star_Wars_The_Old_Republic_wp01_1024x7681.jpg]

[b]Rules:[/b]

1. GM is the God, Creator, and all mighty. Do not argue or any of that....insubordinate stuff.
    2. No God-Modding
    3. No Flamming or arguing inside the thread. If you have a problem with someone, do it in PM or address me of the problem and I shall resolve it as best as possible.
    4. I can't say there's a number limit to the amount of players. Hell, I'd be happy if anybody joins or wants to join. But like I said above, if the amount of players begins to grow to large for me to handle by myself, I'll find a Co-GM.
    5. PM your CS to me
    6. No OOC, simply message me or the recipient
    7. Contact me please with any questions, concerns, or ideas for the RP.
    8. I can't really say much else other than please try to stay up to date with the RP. I myself cannot always make it to the co

2. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: I m interested. CS is in the making.

3. redlavastuff

redlavastuff Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2005
    I haven't posted enough on the forums to send private messages, so I'm going to have to post my character sheet here.

Name: Griggs Bain
    Species: Human
    Planet of Birth: Coruscant
    Appearance: [image=http://www.gamedot.co.uk/media/2010/02/me2.jpg]
    Affiliation: Jedi
    Force Affinity(?): Light Side
    Weapon: Lightsaber (blue; traditional Jedi lightsaber color)
    Equipment: Brown Jedi robes with light brown tunic.
    Short Bio: As was the custom of the Jedi Order, Griggs was taken from his parents at an early age to be trained to become a defender of the peace, a Jedi. After quickly attaining the status of Padawan, Griggs developed healing abilities while under the tutelage of his Master. Encouraged by his Master and the Council to embrace his gift, Griggs often practiced on other Jedi who received minor bruising from sparing. Nearly a decade and a half passed and, as the galaxy came under immense strain from the Sith Lord Darth Malgus, his Master felt him ready to face the trials after displaying exceptional calm and skill during a mission to Corellia. Knighted a Jedi of the Republic, Griggs' skills were tested when Sith forces invaded the Temple. In the mayhem, however, his Master was struck down, and Griggs was unable to save him. As the smoke cleared and the Temple recovered from the attack, Griggs vowed in secret to avenge his Master's death, even if it meant embracing the dark side to do so...

4. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    CS in the works.

5. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008
    Ooh, so sorry for not replying so quickly. Darth RL can be such a bummer. Any way, to business

AMNDRAG_01 and dreven_Aarkanin I'm glad that you've shown interest. I'll be looking forward to those character sheets.

redlavastuff oh I remember being at that stage too. It was extremely infuriating. Well, hopefully we'll get you outta that phase with this game. CS Approved and Accepted. Welcome to the Cold War.

6. Maylia_Radl

Maylia_Radl Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    OOC: Definitely interested. CS in works. I also haven't posted enough on forums (at all, actually) to send a PM sooo I shall post it here once it's finished. I do have previous RPing experience from deviantart.com, as well as a different account I had on here way back in the good ol' days (Darth_Naveu). Also, I am doing all posts from my Kindle so please forgive any future errors/mistakes.

I'm looking forward to RPing with you guys!:)

7. Shoto

Shoto Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2013
    I'm Making a CS , but I haven't posted enough to private message so i will post it here

8. Shoto

Shoto Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2013
    Name: Tyln Krall
    Species: Human
    Planet of birth: Dromund Kaas
    Appearance:Dark haired with a long scar down running down his cheek , and usually hooded to cover his disfigurment. He is relatively good looking , and is always wearing his cortosis-lined jacket.
    Affilation:Himself, Anyone who hires him.
    Force affinity: Both light and dark
    Weapon: Two silver lightsaber shotos and a hold-out blaster
    Equiptment:Cortosis-lined jacket,Suwantek light freighter.
    Bio:Born to a Sith on Dromund Kaas , Tyln was trained in the dark side for 10 years , and was well trained in force lighting and lightsaber combat. He was kicked out due to his inability to harm the innocent , and made his way to Coruscant , where he was trained by the Jedi for 1 year , but was kicked out due to his anger. He was eventually hired by a Hutt , to be a personal guard and advisor , but got tired of this and decided to just float around space , getting jobs wherever he could.

9. Shoto

Shoto Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2013
    In 'Equiptment' in should say 'Dark'

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    This game has clearly been abandoned and will be locked.

Shoto I would encourage you to post around the boards in order to send PMs, the threshold is very low (If, indeed, still existent).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.