main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    So only two planets have been added since KotFE? Hasn't Kashyyyk been rumored for years now?

2. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    KotFE and KotET have more planets but they are not shown on the chart - Odessen, Iokath, Zakuul, Asylum, Darvannis and Nathema - but not all of them are fully explorable planets.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Are those all cross-faction planets?

4. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Odessen is a cross faction fleet hub. Zakuul has some quests and such for both factions but not much else.

Iokath has the most stuff.

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nice to see a new event, its been so long since the last new one. Not since... before KotFE, I think? Though sounds a bit like a rehash of the old Ilum event, but its been so long since a new event and it is nice to see Dantooine, I'm almost tempted to rejoin the game. Well, I'll dig up my old account when this event reruns.

AusStig and kalzeth like this.
  6. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Hopefully they will announce the expansion tomorrow.

7. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Got the game redownloaded, got my account issues fixed, now I just need a 24+GB update to finish when I have time.

AusStig likes this.
  8. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    New cantina code: SWCELEBRATION19

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Dantooine in-game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New expansion.

September 2019

[​IMG]

War between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire blazes across the galaxy. Crucial resources dwindle as piracy and crime escalate dramatically. Amid this chaos, the Alliance Commander has the chance to tip the scales in favor of either faction, committing their elite forces to decide the fate of the galaxy.

As the Sith Empire prepares to make a decisive strike against a newly-constructed Republic shipyard on the planet Corellia, members of the Dark Council see victory on the horizon and begin plotting against one another in anticipation of the spoils. Meanwhile, Republic forces must race against time to muster reinforcements from across the galaxy in order to defend Corellia from the Sith.

[​IMG]
    Features:
    - New storyline.
    - Corellia is back.
    - New planet - Onderon.

“Onderon is another beloved Old-Republic era world. Vicious monsters, blaster-toting barbarians, scheming nobles, this planet has it all!”

The search for allies leads to Onderon, a planet of untamed jungles and savage beasts. For centuries, Onderon has been a loyal member of the Republic – but will the planet’s newly-crowned King maintain that ancient allegiance?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Brand new planet - Mek-sha.

"Mek-Sha is the crossroads of the galaxy, a lawless port full of smugglers, gangsters, refugees, and cargo runners all trying to scrape by in a time of war.”

Travel to Mek-Sha, an independent fueling station and boomtown built in the hollows of a mined-out asteroid once controlled by the Hutts. This lawless den of smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, traders, and refugees has become a crossroads for the entire galaxy – a place where opportunity and danger can be found in equal measure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

- New Flashpoint on Corellia.

“Corellia is one of my favorite planets in the core game, so I’m thrilled to give players a new experience in a place they know and love.”

In the dramatic finale of the expansion storyline, you will see Corellia like never before! This new Flashpoint will bring players to a new area on the classic SWTOR planet Corellia for both solo and group players.

- New Operation - Dxun.

“Czerka is back, and they’re just as greedy as ever. But some uninvited guests have really messed up their plans on Dxun…”

Dxun, Onderon’s largest moon, is teeming with wild jungle-life – drawing the attention of the unscrupulous Czerka Corporation as well as a band of fanatical Trandoshan hunters. The Operation will be available at launch, so gather your friends and prepare for one of the galaxy’s greatest challenges!

[​IMG]

- Playable Nautolans.

[​IMG]

- Max level 75.

- Major renovation of gear, new set bonuses, a new item type. "“Spoils of War is our plan to make gearing out your characters more fun, more accessible, and more customizable than ever before.”"

Our philosophy for this expansion is, play your way. Items have always been an important part of your character’s identity, but for the first time we are offering true depth and choice with exciting new items that let you decide how to play in the upcoming battle.

One of the ways that we’re adding this depth is with an entirely new type of gear slot – Tactical items. These build-defining items directly alter your abilities and playstyle. Taking these new items, players will be able to pair them with numerous new set bonuses to choose from, including general sets that can be used by everyone.

These item sets can be acquired through multiple paths. Acquire your gear no matter how you choose to play: Player vs Environment, Player vs Player, Galactic Command, and Crafting are all viable. New set items, Tactical items, and more open a pathway to limitless depth allowing you to play your character exactly how you want!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  10. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

ONDERON!

READY THE BEASTS!

Still really want Kashyyyk

Not the place from KOTOR2

NEW PLAYABLE RACE

darklordoftech and kalzeth like this.
  11. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    Did they say when it goes live?

Edit: swtor.com says September.

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Is this a paid expansion or given to subscribers like Kotfe?

Haven't played in a few years but I've been itching to jump on my Shadow for a while now.

13. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Free for subscribers.

kalzeth, RafSwi7 and ZanderSolo like this.
  14. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007

Boss... when i get through a couple more of my backlog probably going to resub and catch up on story. I think i stopped at Zakuul introduction.

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    An attack on Corellia? Intrigue on Onderon? If Onderon swaps sides they’ll be well placed for a push on the Core.

Seems way too early for the Empire to fall into intrigue but they’ve mastered using third parties to raid the Republic while their invasion path rushes forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalzeth and RafSwi7 like this.
  16. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Funny, we had to wait 8 years to have an expansion, which will not involve fighting a third party.

Darkslayer and AusStig like this.
  17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Just wait until some third faction is revealed to be manipulating things. The Order of Revanite Zakuulans who will have a major grudge against the Outlander. :p

Still, sounds a bit interesting, especially the new and old worlds announced. I'll probably dig up my old account before then, although I have no idea how far behind my characters are by now (not to mention all the changed mechanics).

RafSwi7, bizzbizz, kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  18. son_of_skywalker03

Dec 7, 2003
    I finished the first two chapters of KotFE with my Jedi Knight. I still need to finish the class stories for 6 of the classes. Some are much closer to the end than others.

kalzeth likes this.
  19. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Have to get back into the game but happy for a new expansion

RafSwi7, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    About Dantooine from Charles Boyd:
    Codex entries from Dantooine:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    here is a first look at Dantooine

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If someone was found to be a descendent of Ajunta Pall, would the Sith Empire view them as royalty?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    kalzeth likes this.
  23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Eh, the Sith only seem to honour blood as a way to get more force power. A descant of Ajunta Pall might get breeding requests (like Theron might have if he had joined the Sith), but unless they can stand on their own power they aren't much.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    It's really a shame that they are still railroading you with the whole "one story fits all" thing. Because one story doesn't fit all.

25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I mean that has sort of happened since the start of the game, at least with regards to the world quests.