main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    only kind of?

I was disapointed since it introduced a few new interesting enemies for your character and I think it was the best part of the Knights of Eteranl stuff.

2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Did TROS name the Sith ETERNAL deliberatetly after the Eternal Empire? Zakuul and Exegol sure were an item once...

3. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    I was being too generous.

There are A LOT of nods to the Eternal Throne storyline in Episode IX, from the insanely powerful fleet, to the Eternal Throne/Sith Throne parallel, Kylo/Arcann's redemption and role in the final battle against Sidious/Valkorion, Rey/The Outlander being threatened to be possessed by the main villain, some people compare Dark Rey to Vaylin in a stylish sense. It would be cool if the final fight with Palpatine was a mind battle inside Rey's mind like with Valkorion, it would have made his final death more believable and "final" than his previous one.

Vialco, Sinrebirth , kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  4. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    TROS is very much in the form of the knights of the fallen empire.

Emperor thought dead but really alive and hiding in the unknown regions? Check

Super powerful fleet? Check

and fanboy beat me to the rest.

5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    sorry for the double post

But swoop event testing (work in progress)

While it is not pure pazak, it is really cool to see.

6. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    That's great, it is only a matter of time until Pazaak makes it into the game, this looks fun, i hope it doesn't have many sub restrictions, or being lvl75 only, as i can't get past 70 if i don't subscribe (but i'm too broke for now).

DarthJaceus, kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  7. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011

Considering that supposedly they had everything done, except for VO I hope it means that we will see the next story update a little sooner.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Do we know who he specifically voices or is he coordinating?

9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    According to the wook

he is a writer and director

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Charles_Boyd

Tython Awakening likes this.
  10. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Arcann's voice actor has confirmed that he is back recording him. IMHO is a good thing considering that I'm always unhappy when companions are becoming "mute" after their story is done, so I am glad to hear more from some of them in the future.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m really happy about this.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Hey (swoop) Gang! look out for the racing

Also new news readers, I like the new Empire one.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  13. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Breaking news

SWTOR is now on steam!

14. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    From the latest livestream (full coverage here: https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-developer-livestream-notes-july-21-2020/)

6.2 (Holidays) – Echoes of Vengeance
    • Originally aiming for fall / late summer, better to push it out for quality
    • Voiceover is in progress and wrapping up
    • Want to put a little more work and polish in to it to make it the best it can be
    • Extra stuff coming in it too
    • Two story updates in one
    • Kira/Scourge/Satele follow up
    • New flashpoint: Face new enemies and old as conflict erupts among the Mandalorians! All about Mandos. Conflict about how Mandos should move forward in the Old republic.
    • Might get a hint about that in an earlier update???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh snazzy.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    First off thank you,

Secondly by "Two story updates" do they mean the Kira/Scourge/Satele and the new flash point are both story drivers? ie, move the plots forward.

What does the last line mean? That the update will have hints for future stuff?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    darklordoftech and Sinrebirth like this.
  17. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Two story updates means that with 6.2 we will get two storylines - the end of Satele/Kira/Scourge storyline and the beginning of the conflict among Mandalorians.

As for hints, is that we might get some of them (about Echoes of Vengeance or Mandos) in earlier updates.

18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Thanks.

I wonder if Fett is behind the Mando civil war.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    A Mandalorian Civil War in the middle of the Third Galactic War... sheesh. Sounds about right!

darklordoftech and Darth Corydon like this.
  20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    This seems relevant

[​IMG]

21. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    Forgot just how far behind I was on even what new PLANETS were being added to the game...

darklordoftech and Sinrebirth like this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean if Mandalore the Avenger is dead, it makes sense, but otherwise I would expect her to crush any clan which turns against her. Though we've had a few rogue clans since the Cold War...

kalzeth, darklordoftech and PimpBacca like this.
  23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Well the rouges could have support from 'the otherside' and so Avenger needs your help to put them down.

24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit to a certain frustration with recent events. You are the Emperor of Zakuul, leader of the Alliance, and everything is AWESOME. Now you're...back to being Sith Council member and everything is like it never happened.

It's really enough to remove a sense of accomplishment, especially if you were really invested in the Alliance.

What's that about?

25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Ok a few points.

1. You were never Emperor of Zakuul. Zakuul is now a third rate system being over run by the exchange.

2. The Alliance lost most of it's people to the Republic and Sith Empire after you beat Zakuul.

3. You lost your fleet and big ship at the end of the Nathema Conspiracy.

4. You don't HAVE to rejoin your old faction, if you like the Alliance you can just stay in that.

Finally people (my self included) find the KotFE/EE story boring and dull, with nowhere for it to go now other than more uprisings. So they are moving back to the original story. The war between Republic and Sith Empire, since people like that setting.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    kalzeth likes this.