main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    breaking the wheel SO THE OLD ONES CAN COME :p

Gerak and clone commander bossk like this.
  2. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    The last shot in that trailer (closeup of a green face) looked new. Could we be getting a new Blur trailer?

kalzeth, RafSwi7, AusStig and 2 others like this.
  3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    It'd be interesting if the endgame of the TOR MMO would tie into MORTIS... imagine this scenario:

A Tho Yor Monolith appears in the galaxy out of nowhere and is calling Jedi and Sith to it both. Only two can enter, one of each and these two player characters are tested by the current throne holding FATHER if worthy to take the thrones of Son and Daughter.

Imagine the ultimate fate of player characters would be to become literally Mortis Gods for either side, dark and light. Well that is for Jedi or Sith classes.

Nonforceusing classes then might get another rewarding endgame. Like be the mere mortals who fought and defeated a godly being without having to be a Forceuser, to make sure these thrones are empty and need to be re-filled?

4. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    I was just saying to fight the gods not become them. like whatever Darth nul artifact does one of the gods are released and the jedi , Republic and Sith Empire gotta fight them. not tied to mortis . bring on evil gods from otherspace or whatever. or hell release abeloth from her prison

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Hope so!

6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    star wars isn't cuthulu... if you bring gods you need to have star wars versions that fit

7. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018
    which they already do fit :p

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Gerak likes this.
  8. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    I'm not the biggest fan of the Mortis and other "gods" introduced in the CG series, but I know those concepts have their fans. I'm definitely a fan of Sel-Makor and other large cosmic horrors similar to it. Definitely not Vitiate-on-Ziost tier OP, but but still incredibly dangerous and near impossible to kill ---- let alone notice.

I stumbled across a theory elsewhere regarding the new character featured in the LotS poster:
    [​IMG]
    Some folks on /vg/ think it might be Malgus's daughter.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  9. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    That would be so cool, very interesting.

clone commander bossk and Gerak like this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh crumbs. That makes so much sense.

11. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    It would certainly bring things full circle, assuming the green face in what is most likely the next Blur trailer is her. If that's the case, then the first TOR trailer focuses on Malgus and the tenth anniversary trailer focuses on his kid.

12. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Can someone give me a rundown on the Infernal Empire? I've been refamiliarizing myself with The Old Republic lore again, and while I've seen this phrase thrown around I don't remember it having much to do with the game. There's Soa and the Infernal Council, but I thought they were loyal to the Infinite Empire and opposed to Adas. Is this a clever piece of fan theory that's worked its way into fan lore? Even if it's not official, I'd love to know what this is all about.

Bonus question: this all have something to do with Ajunta Pall's reference to the Sith potentially controlling the Star Forge? He makes an allusion in KOTOR that was never followed up on, probably because of the invention of the Second Great Schism.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Infernal Empire is in theory-oh the name of the regime that opposed Adas and the Infinite Empire. Soa was a red Rakata who was imprisoned by the Infinite Empire, and among his Pureblood Sith cabal were those who betrayed Adas. So it's seemingly a third element of the 28,000 BBY story that undoubtedly caused its own set of havoc, what with its cartography being so vast by implication - from Korriban all the way around to Belsavis, probably through the various Xo's and I believe Gharj mentions another world(s).

I am about 80% sure that the Infernal Empire is fanon as a name.

As to Ajunta Pall and the Star Forge, I recall there were references/was a reference to a great battle station being drawn down by the civil war on Korriban.

And of course the Wraith Box seems relevant there.

14. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    The cartography indeed is puzzling. So Belsavis was a Rakatan world before others used its prison as a vault for Rakatan tech and added to what the Rakatans had already locked up?

Given Rakata and other species together were needed to take Soa down and imprison him, I think the Rakatans need for help from some better equipped species to deal with Soa that those species rose in prominence afterwards, maybe even were granted more freedom or influence even over other lesser species. That might explain some early Sith species expansion and spread of the ur-kittat Old Tongue. Considering it took some time till Soa was defeated and his reign over 1000 worlds suspects a larger conflict and thus large scale spread of the Old Tongue and Sith and other helping species the Rakatans used as their troops. Makes me wonder which 1000 worlds that may be. And how large was the Infinite Empire if Soa's 1000 worlds were only a fraction of it? Even if a considerable one to become a threat to the main body? The Atlas marks many Infinite Empire worlds but not even 100. Guess the Rakatan spread to Force beacon homed in worlds was less dotted as previously thought and rather expanded outwards from these by other means aside homing in with the Forcedrives.

Might this conflict have involved Roon and the Cloak of the Sith? If this era spread the Sith species by Rakatan order this may also be when some species that are descended from the Sith got brought to their homeworlds. (Headcanon: Zeltrons as evolved from Red Sith loosing the facial tendrils).

But the Sith on Korriban retaining knowledge of the wider galaxy from this time and these operations makes sense. Also if whatever setbacks they encounterd during or afterwards that campaign decimated some Sith pockets like in the Cloak or elsewhere, it may add to why they are content with their Caldera and do not venture beyond it much anymore yet.

Regarding Wraith Box and Starforge operated by Sith... I wonder what toys the Rakatans gave their favourite warrior species to defeat their enemy with... and how did they take these toys back from them afterwards, eh?

RafSwi7 and kalzeth like this.
  15. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Update: finished balmorra, on to Tatooine!

Also lieutenant major pirrel is the absolute best [face_laugh]

RafSwi7, Gerak, kalzeth and 2 others like this.
  16. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    How likely is it that, since TOR seems to have no end in sight and has just brought on a new creative director, the game's expansions after Legacy of the Sith will eventually progress to the Darth Desolous time period set up by TFU? It's a minor plot point and one that I don't think is likely we'll see revisited, but at this point the game's main storyline takes place only about 100 years before Desolous shows up. Is a significant time jump forward possible?

17. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Everyone's character would be 100 years old. So we really wznt to play star wars the geriatric Republic?

RafSwi7, Gerak, AusStig and 1 other person like this.
  18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I'd love TOR to do a timejump, but to do that, it needs to manage a major revamp. Not continue old characters and storylines. Their failed Legacy system overhauled maybe?

Alternatively I'd prefer a single player game that is not an MMO as outro to TOR, set 100 years after it and kinda showing its aftermath and legacy and how it influenced the future ultimately? Darth Desolous, Paecian Empire, etc. all thrown in of course then.

19. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Found this out today, Darbin Sull in the Bounty Hunter class storyline:

Really neat find

*Laughs in Gundam*
    [​IMG]
    If it comes to it, they could always resolve the fate of this current war (based on player choice/alignment), and then timeskip another generation or 2 for SWTOR 2, if they want to tackle more stuff from Legends beyond the Third Galactic War. And a timeskip of that scale would allow writers to unify the canon without directly overriding player choice.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I must say it will be refreshing for me to play expansion without datamining its story beforehand. I wonder where it will leave us. I guess it might resolve Malgus storyline, but it seems that Mandalorian Civil War won't be there. There was also this "all Jedi returning from hiding" storyline, which also need to happen at some point.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  21. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Out of curiosity do you guys still consider this game to be apart of legends continuity or do you pretty much just consider it to be its own thing by now? I know it didn't start until near the end of legends and the Eternal Empire (which seems to be the main enemy of the game up to this point) was never even mentioned in any of legends books or comics.

Even though the game takes place thousands of years prior to most everything else in legends I so find it unlikely that something such as the Eternal Empire would be completely lost to history. There may be a lot of things about it that people wouldn't know. But the fact that it once did exist I feel would have been well known to people thousands of years later

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    100% Legends.

Nothing it has done is inconsistent with what comes after.

The Eternal Empire didn't last that long in galactic history; less than a decade.

The Republic Dark Age cuts at a lot of the knowledge of the galaxy e.g. Chiss, so it's super fine for me.

23. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Given the Republic Dark Age from 2000-1000 BBY I do wonder what else may be lost to history that we do not even know of yet. Technically they could go really all out there and surprise us.

I mean, the way TOR opened up the Unknown Regions rivals that of late Legends with rediscovery of the Chiss, horrors and all. Ever from Revan's quest for Rakatan tech to Zakuul and all factions having interests in the Unknown Regions, theoretically we could have them fully open for exploration and settlement until surprising horrors befall these frontiers and Mggnal-Mggnal and others descend upon the galaxy through the channels and hyperlanes these settlers and prospectors opened. We'd be in for a a fully explored galaxy, unspeakeable horrors spilling or could even release Abeloth or likewise horrors from Belsavis. Who knows if she was imprisoned in the Maw all the time or even elsewhere before the Maw? What about an early Praetorite Vong invasion stopped by Clan Ordo and the Mandalorians? Anything goes! You could even bring in Mortis and a previous Chosen One.

All we need is for TOR's era to one day end and result in a golden age that lasts a few centuries at minimum before Phanius/Ruin does his thing. And a Paecian Empire of whatever shape in the Rim around the Quelii Sector for some decadeds or centuries.

Given the isolationist nature of Hapes before TOR already I do wonder what records they could preserve that were lost in the rest of the galaxy and only resurfaced post Endor in Legends!!!

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The catch 22 for TOR is that they're now our only point in all of Star Wars offering immense Jedi vs Sith warfare.

When it came out, we had to contend with the Legacy era telling the same aspect, and then Fate of the Jedi gave it a go.

With Knight Errant poking around, we were at saturation, so the Eternal Empire plot (for me) was a welcome break.

But with the ST era not including the Sith until the last moment, and now High Republic focused on other threats, TOR has its niche and can play hard into it.

So a change from that formula may do more harm than good in theory.

25. Darth Corydon

Aug 4, 2018