main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Even Dawn of the jedi had rather witch-like Dathomiran humans from what I remember.

AusStig and darklordoftech like this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That’s what I had in mind when I said that I want to see Dathomir in SWTOR.

AusStig likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "'em" -- I see what you did there. Or as Vector would say, we see what you did.:p

But seriously, I find it perplexing he's a companion. There are lots of other people I keep thinking will join on as companions, but not this bloke. I wish I were a fly (killik? tiny baby killik?) on the wall when the game designers came up with his design. Were they all brainstorming ideas and then somebody throws out, "Killik joiner!" -- and then proceeds to explain what that is, because presumably most of those at the table haven't a clue? Or even more daunting, has to explain why a joiner would be cool to a group that already knows what one is? It's an uphill argument either way.

4. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Same here, i love Vector and most of the Agent's companions, to me Vector, Kaliyo and Lokin are among the best in the game, SCORPIO is also amazing but during the class story she gets little time to shine i feel.

Raina is the only one that falls into "good companion but nothing outside this world" category.
    Also something funny about my experience playing the story with Vector as companion, when i first did the Agent, i was playing a human woman character who i decided would be fully loyal to the Empire, honorable, but determined to make nasty sacrifices for her nation, also i wanted to save her to romance Theron in the future, but in a way, Vector was just so sweet and they fit so well together i couldn't resist and just made her romance Vector lol, and due to his influence she became less dark-leaning and fanatical for the empire (as well as the revelations in the Agent story itself), by the end of the story she ended up being far more Light-leaning than in the beginning, it's quite enjoyable to see a story that takes you by suprise and even makes your own invented characters to develop in unexpected ways.

So should i say that Vector seduced me? :confused:

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  5. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I do really like Lokin. I am reminded of Dr. Jekyll... not so much from the tragic original Robert Louis Stevenson version, but the Alan Moore "League of Extraordiary Gentlemen" version.

I love how one of his first interactions on board the ship is a scene with Vector, discussing their "similar taste in opera".:p

6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    he is an interesting Dr, like a nicer Dr Kreiger.

How did you deal with the Jedi on Taris?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Is anyone else having trouble with EA right now?
    Games have disappeared in my games library, and now SWTOR has disappeared completely too.

8. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I play through Steam, sorry.

9. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Lokin's awesome.
    Sociopathic characters are usually hit or miss for me, but I really enjoyed Lokin's disposition and convos

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  10. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Codex entries about Darth Nul from upcoming update:

Darth Nul
    Until Darth Malgus showed an interest in Darth Nul, the few surviving details about the prolific inventor's past were scattered across the galaxy, forgotten. What little is known has been painstakingly pieced together through great risk and diligent research.

Centuries before the Great Galactic War, Nul was a Jedi named "Raniah." Although she attained the rank of Master, many other Jedi were uneasy about Raniah's beliefs, including her assertion that anyone who could feel the Force deserved to be trained in its use.

When several Jedi Knights, Padawans, and even a member of the Jedi Council began to praise Raniah--who used mental connections to locate Force sensitives--the Jedi leaders' unease turned to suspicion. Rather than let such dangerous ideas continue to take root within their order, the majority of the Jedi Council voted to expel Raniah and her supporters.

But someone else found Raniah's ability to forge mental bonds useful. Not long after her exile, Raniah mistakenly made contact with the Sith Emperor through the Force. Unable to withstand the Emperor's formidable power to dominate minds, Raniah and her followers were pursued, captured, and enslaved.

Under the Emperor's control, Raniah-who became Darth Nul-was responsible for some of the most treacherous mind-control techniques used to subjugate and punish enemies of the Sith, until she herself earned her master's displeasure. The Emperor destroyed Nul and eradicated all records of her existence, leaving many of the questions about her story unanswered.
    Designs of Nul
    "As I began delving into the mysteries of Darth Nul's existence, I assumed it would only be a matter of time before we uncovered the entirety of who she was. After all, humility and modesty were hardly in fashion for the ancient Sith--I have learned about so many of them simply by studying the grand monuments they erected in honor of their own achievements. But piecing together Darth Nul's story has been a refreshing challenge. She has no ornate tomb, there are no statues or grand murals that depict her deeds. She was a scientist, and her story will be told through the designs of her inventions.

For instance, her fortress on Elom yielded a veritable treasure trove of information. We've yet to extract anything useful from the machine in the heart of the temple, but examining the surrounding area has been quite illuminating. Extensive study of the "Regnant" device--as well as the traps and hazards that Darth Nul built to protect her holdings elsewhere--has turned up unexpected, intriguing similarities to other mechanisms: the Ravager and the Phobis devices.

I will not conclusively say whether Darth Nul had a hand in the creation of these machines, but given her proclivity for manipulating the minds of others (see: the Children of the Emperor), it is not outside the realm of possibility. Armed with this knowledge, if we trace Darth Malgus's footsteps following his disappearance at the Battle of Corellia, we could potentially locate where he may have stumbled upon any other record of Darth Nul."

--From the research notes of Talos Drellik

11. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmm on Taris? I barely remember that guy... was that the Nautolan with the rakghouls? I think he ended up dying. His creations turned on him I think.

I like the setup for the Hidden Masters plot (Chapter 3). I haven't gotten far into it yet, but it's the perfect setup for an Agent story.

Watcher X's pseudo-ghost return in Chapter 2 was weird. The whole hallucination part was interesting for a game, but it didn't make sense why that particular dude would come back as a "ghost". Or whatever he was.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    She is a Zabrak

You can kill her (I think), I get her to join the Sith Empire.

He is an interesting thing, what ever he is.

Gerak likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahhhh I was thinking of this dude: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sulan_(Nautolan)

The Zabrak cult leader was interesting. I sent her to the SIS, not to be nice, but because my understanding of the SIS by the end of that plot was that it was full of psychologically messed-up folks who took solace by working as a team on suicidal missions.

(That is also the plot of Suicide Squad, but oh well.)

Gerak and AusStig like this.
  14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Ok I felt she would make a good Sith, so the Hand of Jadus sent here to them.

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  16. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Gerak and AusStig like this.
  17. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    So does this mean Legacy of the Sith might end up being the final expansion?

18. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    We don't know. BioWare only said this:

AusStig likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    7.3.1 and 7.4 may have to wrap up things fast… like, Eternal Throne fast.

Gerak and Hamburger_Time like this.
  20. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Not sure it's a coincidence that this is being reported shortly after they announced an official Old Republic time period for the new canon.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    True...

I mean if we get an open-ended ending, the Paecian Empire headcanon wins out.

chuckles

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  22. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    or you get Taika Waititi doing an Old Republic Movie Thor: Ragnarok style!
    JoJo Rabbit in Space, a young kid has an imaginary friend that is not so imaginary, aka a Sith Spirit.

23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    A fast wrap up is better than none.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    100% agreed.

The fact is, if you're following the Good Guy story...

0. Acina is dead.
    1. The Empire's been routed from Ossus, Mako-Ta, Onderon, Corellia and Manaan.
    2. They've lost the Anoat, Atrivis and Bormea Sectors.
    3. Three-four of the five Dark Lord's are dead.
    4. Darth Malgus is doing whatever damage he is.

They've not lost, but they're losing.

Gerak, JediFett10 and AusStig like this.
  25. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    So if this is the end for the Old Republic MMO (which also likely be the end for new legends storytelling as a whole) which time periods did legends old republic storytelling cover? Obviously it started in 25,000 BBY with Dawn of the Jedi. Then didn't it jump to about 7,000 BBY and after that to 3 and 4,000 BBY?

And then finally to 1,000 BBYvfor Darth Bane stuff

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023