main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Ramza likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    squires with a great tribute to grant this week:

[​IMG]

Ramza, EHT and DarthIntegral like this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I've known this was the case but I still can barely wrap my head around it:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    heels1785 and EHT like this.
  4. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

lol how in the world is us soccer cash poor. the narrative about this will surely blame equal pay + lawsuits for the wnt putting a strain on the finances, instead of the chronic gross mismanagement of the federation.

Ramza and EHT like this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It's such a mess. When my son was U12, he played on a local club team in the US Soccer DA (Development Academy) league. We played other clubs but also the Atlanta United academy team. He since switched to other teams in the top club-based league (ECNL). Anyway, during Covid US Soccer used that as an excuse to just shut down the DA program for good. It was probably done because they were completely mismanaging it, wasting money, and producing not enough new talent. There's actually a lot of really good talent in the stronger youth soccer markets, but they're so bad at finding and promoting them. The DA program was replaced by something called MLS Next, which is basically just using the MLS name to make people think it's a big deal. In truth, MLS has too much influence over US Soccer, and they're no better at running a youth league than US Soccer was; the teams and organization now are probably worse than they were before.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

berhalter + claudio reyna = teammates and childhood friends
    berhalter refuses to play gio at wc, even though gio is a baller
    claudio reyna threatens berhalter with blackmail bc he's pissed about his kid
    berhalter issues 7000 word tweet about kicking his then-girlfriend now-wife thirty years ago
    us soccer "investigating"

i speak for all of america when i say that we want no drama obama klinsmann back plz and ty

[​IMG]

Ramza and DarthIntegral like this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

we have so many mediocre options to choose from

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Also, not only is Gio Reyna a baller, he also has a phenomenal nickname

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Finally our worthless manager is also a garbage person. At last the USMNT has an answer to Paolo di Canio.

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

some good pulls here by apple to devote to their new mls coverage. twellman from espn will get the most attention, but maurice edu from fox, liam mchugh from nbc, and max bretos from lafc (formerly espn) are all credible with fans of the game from their related work on past networks. edu was on the lead world cup studio team, and mchugh anchored premier league coverage on weekdays and in rebecca lowe's absence.

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    As rumored, our idiotic front office decided to release Josef Martinez for free when his contract expired, which was announced yesterday after a string of other announcements about others being sold/loaned/released. He'll be going to Inter Miami, and I wish him well. Atlanta United has become such a joke compared to what it was not that many years ago, and certain people in the front office are still around, making sure that downward trend continues.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, sad news.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    aubameyang to lafc is an interesting rumor that makes a lot of sense. chelsea appear to be done with him after leaving him off the ucl side (and signing 700 other players), and auba hasn't been happy since tuchel was sacked on his second day with the club lol. i don't think he's a diva or a toxic player at all, form just dropped off tremendously after winning that last fa cup for arsenal, and his ego has remained intact. lafc made the most of gareth bale's short stay, and have a great locker room leader in chiellini.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    He'd also enjoy driving his cars around in Beverly Hills. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    heels1785 likes this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    he was great with Dortmund

probably a good addition for MLS

18. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    [​IMG]
    The new kit for Nashville is awesome. Johnny Cash tribute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EHT, heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, MLS has announced a change to it's Playoff format.

There's a best-of-three round in the first-round of the playoffs now. However, the first round of the playoffs is not actually where the playoffs start. There's an opening round that is ahead of the best-of-three round and single elimination. After the first round, the playoffs resume single-elimination format, meaning it will go single elimination, best-of-three, single elimination, single elimination, single elimination. In addition, there "cannot be ties" in the best-of-three series in any of the three matches.

[​IMG]

EHT, heels1785 and Ramza like this.
  20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Liking for the meme not… whatever the **** that playoff plan is.

EHT and DarthIntegral like this.
  21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, that's insane.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    this is not the change that was needed, emm ell ess

scrap this, and give us back the insane ****ing penalty shootouts where the goalies are allowed to rush out and tackle the takers who have to begin their run-up from the 50 yard line of soldier field

EHT and DarthIntegral like this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Since that playoff BS is probably somehow related to broadcast rights, has anybody else gone in on the Apple+ season pass this year? As a repatriate I’m excited to finally have football on in the evenings again, where it belongs. :p

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    tom likes this.
  24. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    I get it as part of my season ticket holder package and am definitely excited to watch the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIntegral likes this.
  25. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I remember being excited to watch my MLS team. :(:p