main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*The Oldbies Writing Guild*~ *2001 and Before*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Miana Kenobi, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Totally separate, Kit? Hmmm, that makes a bit of sense, but I was actually looking forward to giving K'vel a padawan of his own to deal with... [face_devil]

Either way. Of course, if we're going to set it a few years later, we could totally move into the Clone war period, for more trauma and drama as knights get called away to help support the war effort.... (a SW M.A.S.H. with Jedi healers suddenly springs to mind.)

2. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I love M*A*S*H! And I'm with Lilith on this one, I was thinking that if we actually did this I could have Ieron having just been knighted (though, realistically, it would need to be a little more than "a couple" years for that). I would personally be more in favor of some kind of direction so that those of us *cough*me*cough* who can't write every day wouldn't be left behind.

This isn't helping me not seriously consider this... :oops:

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hmmm, now I'm thinking about a much older Kit character :p My suggestion to make it seperate was more based on the fact that it could be seen as repeating the original rather then something that's fantastic in its own right. So saying, the chance to do older and wiser characters would be good although it depends on whether you'd want to do the whole M*A*S*H thing (which is a really interesting idea) or keep it to the original with students coming in and going out of the temple.

Hmmmmm - much food for thought :)

Kithera

- I know what you mean Musical, I'm considering this when I already know I'm about to be swamped with work - but it just seems like it could be so much fun again.

4. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
  5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I wasn't aware you'd found it. Was my wallet with it? I've lost that.

6. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    You make a good point. [face_plain]

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    [evil laughter][face_devil]

The idea was too good to pass up, hunh? That's okay, I'll be right there with you, I'm sure. I love group fics since there's always so many great ideas flying around and you never know what kind of angst and trauma you can come up with next.

8. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Miana just mentioned the USJS idea. Not sure if I'd be game or not (haven't written anything for a very long time), but I think you could compromise between wanting to continue w/ characters and starting fresh. Basically, start over, but if you want to use one of your original characters, go ahead? Of course, there's still that timeline issue to work out ... ::shrug::

If I joined in, it'd definitely be a slower pace (I'd probably slow everyone up!).

9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey Amidolee! :D

Well I'm using Kit (old character) and Quijia (sort of old character) plus two new ones. I don't think it really matters if you use old characters or new ones. There could be some really cool angst from both plus the ability to explore character growth and what has been happening in the interim 13 years. The timeline has problems but then timelines for roundrobin fics normally do. Check out the thread anyway and PM me if you want to chat and reminisce :p

Just my thoughts :D

Kithera

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm starting fresh.

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    You should jump in, Amidolee! :) I'm using old characters, though I may have a new one if it looks like we need more exchange students/Jedi.

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    There's a planning thread?? I kind of just pop into this bookmark and that's about it.

Of course, the problem with old and fresh characters is whether or not you're continuing "as is" would be what plotlines stay and which go? Especially if you want to use characters from long-gone writers more than a passing reference (and then what effect would that reference have on present plots? Or I'm over complicating it. Shutting up now! ;)

13. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    It's more a planning thread for people who want to write a similar arc than a plot-line thread. If that makes sense. :p Not really that much more organization. Plus, it's somewhere to post character dossiers so people like me can remember who's who. :D

14. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I think there is something like a 13 year gap, so plenty of time to just write new plot lines and occasionally reference old ones. People come and go at the temple so maybe it's concievable that some of them are just out on a long assignment. Like Musical said, the thread is more a dumping ground for characters/ideas rather then a solid planning thread! Please come and join us Amidolee - you don't have to write often and it'll be fun! I promise :D

Squueeeeee! I'm so looking forward to this :D

Kithera

P.S: Yes, I'm definitely procrastinating on school work.

15. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Yeah, I'm procrastinating on studying too. :p

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Today I actually dabbled a little bit with One Prick to Bleed. Squee! Don't really know if I'll wind up going anywhere with it, or if it's even readable, but it didn't feel too painful. Probably just jinxed myself. Crud.

17. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Kit' I've always known you were crazy!

It's good to see after all these years you haven't changed a bit! ;)

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mon freaking gosh. It really is like Night of the Living Dead around here--the long-dead have just started popping up like daisies.

19. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    //begins to hand out walkers and canes

I'll try to remind all of us to take our back pills, too, but if I fall asleep in my rocker and start drooling, just leave me be.

20. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Only if we can try to throw small objects into your mouth while you're unaware. [face_devil]

21. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Musical, you're in the rocker right next to me. Your aim is going to be less than stellar at our ages. Try me, you old fart!

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "Mr. President, did you take the Percoset or Vicoden?"

"I wasn't supposed to take both?"

23. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I sense a challenge! *starts throwing paper wads*

24. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    No, that's just the Metamucil working! Now, take your back pill!

25. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Can I have a back pill please?!? That will teach me from going MIA. I get gobbled up by DRL and Darth Graduate School and what happens? I start to fall apart at the seams!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.