main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    39 ABY is when she escapes.

Thus when Luke becomes disheartened, he lost his wife, a nephew to death, a nephew to death and the dark side, a third nephew to the dark side, and hundreds of students, possibly however many Knights were there and maybe even Kam and Tionne. It strikes me as a heavier moment for Luke to take himself into exile then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthJaceus likes this.
  2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Perfect as those characters never had their fates revealed. It works to make it more emotional.

When does Ableoth get defeated in one canon.

Also i can see Darth Krayt smiling behind the scenes as the solo and Skywalker family die and fall apart. Two solo sons turn to the dark side. The deaths of Han and Luke. Everything is a mess and he is most likely enjoying it.

Also did some of Luke's Jedi order survive in One canon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Also what happen to his son?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Most of Council and most of the Knights survived, it’s just that they’re busy with the Tribe, hunting for Mortis, and looking out for the Dark Man. Similarly, portions of the Order defend Bastion and Hapes from the First Order and Tribe respectively and are tied down there. Keep in mind, TFA and TLJ covers so little time in-universe that nobody is placed to step up immediately, and the Jedi Council is in hiding anyway, much as it was during KotoR II.

Undoubtedly the Knights of Ren hunt the Jedi as and when they resurface. I could see the NJO fracturing if Luke abandons them, because there will be an element of belief that the NJO is doing something wrong in how it teaches its Jedi. Not necessarily the Kyp-Corran divide we had before, but between the more militant Jedi perhaps and the less so. It hardly helps that Luke, Leia and Han split over the massacre and each claim blame, with Leia returning to the Resistance, which Ackbar had led in her absence - it was founded six years before TFA just before DNT. Han reconnects with Chewbacca, who had returned to his family on Kashyyyk after the war and may even have gone into hiding in the Shadowlands as penance for what Jacen did to his homeworld.

I mention Bastion as Snoke refuses to name a capital, so Bastion is sidelined when the founding sectors of the Remnant - the main 8 - declare for the First Order. With Hapes having picked a side in the Jedi-Sith War, and the New Republic unwilling to co-exist with the Hutts, the GA ceases to exist and the Confederation is irrelevant. The Empire cannot sustain itself without its heartland, and the New Territories and Borderlands are thus without any major government, and the New Territories become the stage for the Resistance and First Order to fight over.

Ben, Jaina and Allana are just as busy with the issues the Jedi face and are uninvolved in the First Order troubles for the most part. Ben has Nat and Kol with Vestara or Seha or whomever you prefer. Jaina and Jagged end up tied to Bastion and the Knights that head there end up the Emperor’s guards and thus Imperial Knights, much as Zekk becomes a Lorellian Knight or whatever the secret Order there is called.

When the FO is inevitably beaten and Ben Solo killed/redeemed/whatever, the GA and NJO resurface, much as the Empire reasserts control over Imperial territory. With no Supreme Leader (eventually), the First Order defaults to Imperial or Chiss rule. The NJO is reinforced by the Hidden Temple led by the surviving OJO members, and Krayt simply sits back and watches until he is ready to strike.

Daala I assume to be wrapped up with the Abeloth loose ends. Just an assumption.

Why does Snoke act now? Why, he’s Treen’s secret master, having traded in trying to take over the NR - the largest member of the GA - for taking over the GA via the Empire. He was behind the Conspiracy and the Resistance were nibbling at the financial organisation connected to the conspiracy that ran through the NR Centrist party; he supported Quille behind the scenes; he struck at the Empire of the Hand as Coruscant fell to the Yuuzhan Vong; he sabotaged the Chiss controls over the Killiks; he masterminded the Centrist-Populist divide in the NR Senate, which the Sinister Triumvirate nearly ruined; he took control of the Cavilhru pirates and redirected them to strike the Empire of the Hand and the Chiss; he allowed the NR to find a ‘complete’ Imperial Order of Battle as they opened negotiations with the Yevetha; he ordered the destruction of the Intimidator before the commanders convinced the Empire of the Hand to join the Deep Core and Remnant in their final invasion of the NR in 17 ABY... he may have even blocked Abeloth from sinking her tendrils into Ben and the other six Knights when they were in the Maw; he may have aligned with Lumiya and be ‘the plan’ she referred to when speaking to Alema Rar; he may have even happily allowed the Yuuzhan Vong to sabotage the Remnant as he, too, did not want peace.

I assume while the Hapans donate the 7th and 8th fleets to the GA, and the Remnant donates the Megador, that the NR donated the 3rd, 5th and 9th fleets and the Bounty to the GA. I take it that Bel Iblis stayed with the NR rather than the GA Navy, with the Viscount, Harbinger and Guardian remaining in the NRDF, which still followed the Galactic Concordance. @AdmiralNick22 - from your reading of LotF, could you see those three fleets being from the NR? Random tag I know, sorry.

The FO ignores the Sekot and Bastion Accords, ditto the Treaty of Anaxes and thus refuses to be a signatory of the Galactic Alliance, only acknowledging the Galactic Concordance between the legitimate Empire and the NR, as signed by the Grand Vizier in 11 ABY, just before Daala emerges from the Maw and Luke formally founds the NJO. It thus acts as the only legitimate successor to the Galactic Empire.

This is all predicated on the FO seceding and forming a ‘public enemy’ for the Resistance, and the NJO being destroyed and Luke going into hiding within a year of TFA. The Resistance show starts six months before TFA, and I believe you’d be hard pressed to find a firm Kylo Ren reference any earlier than 33 ABY.

5. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    That was great, thanks. Also it makes since that Darth Krayt stop appearing because the galaxy would be to bissy fighting the First Order. So he figures to wait it out.

Also love how how Snoke was involved for a long time. Just behind the scenes. Him working with Lumaya makes since they both want to turn and train two Solo sons.

This is great man

6. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    what are the rest of the one Sith doing while this is happening are white eyes and the rest sending in Members to try to turn some Jedi, imperial knights, KOR and tribe members to there cause ?

Does snoke know about the one Sith ?

some of these questions probably won't be answered until IX is out.

Hypothetically If Kerri Russel does turn out to be Darth Talon or a KOR based on her what does that do talon's Place in the One Sith ?

What are we doing with Maz in One Canon ? The Treasure she hid from her time as Pirate queen are we treating that like the One Piece from One Piece Where everyone wants to find it ? With her Ties to Typhojem are we playing that she's a wild card in the greater Force picture or Are we making her Factor into Darth Krayt's plan

7. Darth-Krayt

Darth-Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2018
    Are the grysk and yuuzhan vong the same species for the one canon?

8. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Wouldn't they be closer to Zahn's own Vaagari, if anyone? The Grysk use starships, for one thing, whereas they and the Vaagari are both nomadic warrior species in/from the Unknown Regions, not extra-galactic.

9. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    So... Master & Apprentice. We still haven't got a year (wookieepedia just says "before the Phantom Menace"), but we've got a problem based on a new excerpt posted: (not really a spoiler but just in case)
    There's a new Republic Chancellor mentioned, Chancellor Kaj. Obviously this book needs to take place some time in between 44 BBY and 32 BBY, during the chancellorships of Kalpana and Valorum.

10. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Supreme Chancellor or just Chancellor? Could be handwaved.

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    First name or nickname of an existing one. Child's play.

12. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    Hi guys. Thought I would post some fan fiction here, that I came up with. It basically explains why the other three Solo kids are not in Episodes VII-IX and also how Snoke turned Ben to the dark side. In my version, at the time of TFA, Boba Fett is dead, however he did survive the Sarlaac much the same way that the EU depicts it. How did he die? He was killed by Han Solo, out of revenge for the death of his son Anakin. See, after Luke established his praxeum on Yavin IV pirates felt that the reestablishment of the Jedi Order would not be good for their "business" so a bounty was put on the heads of any and all Jedi.

As for Jacen and Jaina they were killed by Snoke, but secretly. Ben did not find it how they had actually died until Snoke turned him, he then plotted when he would avenge them. Now it comes to it, how Snoke turned Ben Solo. Snoke first appeared to Luke as a surviving Jedi of the Old Republic, Luke befriended him and Snoke was offered a position as a Jedi trainer in the Academy, which Snoke accepted. Unbeknownst to Luke Skywalker, Snoke was actually in secret a Supreme Leader of a secret organization hiding in the unknown regions. Snoke tried but was unable to twist Jacen and Jaina, to his will, so he thus orchestrated their deaths. He used their deaths, to sow doubts in the mind of young Ben Solo, consoling him, while at the same time stoking his hate. By the time the Academy had been moved to Ossus, Luke suddenly discovered Snokes true motives.

He went in one night to have a talk with Ben but saw that he was already asleep, the rest you can fill in the blanks....

13. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I was thinking back to the Rebellion comic series and I realized that the story we got of Sardoth in the Ahakista Gambit arc kind of prefigures the story of the Grand Inquisitor about a decade later. Sardoth was a Jedi Knight who got disillusioned with the Jedi prior to ROTS, turned to the dark side and (somehow) got in touch with Palpatine on his own, was spared from Order 66 as a result, and then got a job helping the Inquisitors hunt down other Jedi in the early Imperial era.

It was a story concept that I remember didn't make much sense at the time (especially with the attempt to connect it with Lycan's story from Tales) but it definitely seems like the Grand Inquisitor is an echo of it.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I like that. Sardoth is definitely giving me that vibe.

spicer likes this.
  15. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    So now that there's supposedly a new, female Chancellor at some unspecified time before Valorum, one "Kaj", how does one fit that new bit in with what has already been established? Can it even be done? One or two ways occurred to me:

"Kaj" is simply the first name (or last name?) of either Kalpana or Frix, neither of whom have ever been given first names as far as I know. Even better, I can't recall if either was ever established as male, so pending a check at every source that mentions them, either or even both could be female.

The other way of fitting "Kaj" in is to look at the known timeline and see if this "Kaj" can be added to the Chancellors list without changing anything else:

32 BBY: Palpatine first term (Valorum was leaving office that year in any event)
    36 BBY: Valorum second term
    40 BBY: Valorum first term
    44 BBY:Kalpana (first or second term? Only term?)
    48 BBY:?
    52 BBY: Frix (first term? only term?)
    56 BBY: Darus second term
    60 BBY: Darus first term

Has it been revealed yet just when the Master and Apprentice story takes place, or at least when the Council scene happens? Existing continuity makes it impossible for Kalpana and Frix to have been driven out of office prematurely (or else the ouster of Valorum wouldn't have been so shocking), but it is entirely possible that both only served single terms. A re-read of Darth Plagueis might be needed to confirm.

I really hate when newer material that would otherwise be excellent introduces these sorts of continuity snarls. Or the case of the DisnEU, just disregards what has already been established. Unless this "Kaj" could be the same unidentified female Speaker of the Senate (before Mas Amedda) that we've known about for almost 30 years since the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook:

[​IMG]

16. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    That female speaker couldn’t be before Mas Amedda because Bail’s entire tenure of Republic Senator is during the time Mas Amedda was Vice Chancellor. Also with the hindsight of the prequels, this discussion clearly takes place during the Clone Wars, because there wasn’t even a standing Navy before then.

Master and Apprentice takes place in approximately 39 BBY.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    SheaHublin likes this.
  17. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    I'm guessing that the 39BBY date comes from the author interview where she indicates about 7 years before Episode 1? That date does make it a bit trickier to work the new Chancellor in to the established EU continuity, and I'm not knowledgeable enough on the Disney continuity to guess much. Did Valorum have two terms in the newer canon? Are those terms still 4 years?

Apparently, Kalpana does exist in the new stuff, but I lack the actual sources cited on Wookieepedia to check it myself. If no definite dates have been given for (her, possibly?) Kalpana, there could be room around 39 BBY to fit in this Kaj. Kaj Kalpana isn't a bad name, either.

Yeah, that "Madame Speaker" mention is just one of those WEG things that the later EU continuity changed, necessitating that it be shifted around a bit. It's a very minor thing, but I always had hoped that the late "Legends" stories might have offered an explanation at some point.

18. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Maybe 'Madame Speaker' is Sly Moore taking over temporarily when Palpatine and Mas Amedda are off doing Sith stuff. Even though those passages don't mention the Clone Wars specifically it seems like they could fit into the debates about the various emergency measures during the war.

I mean, there was a TCW episode literally about the Senate debating whether to fix the plumbing during the war.

SheaHublin likes this.
  19. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    How we going reconcile dooku new stuff in nu canon with legends in tis we just learned he was using lightning when qui gon was 14

20. Dlurkon427

Dlurkon427 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 1, 2019
    What is Jaina doing during TFA and TLJ?

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Either defending Bastion with Jagged, as the First Order refuses to name a capital when it takes in the Imperial heartland, or hunting Ben in the Unknown Regions.

TFA and TLJ covering a mere handful of weeks actually explains why nobody from Legends rocks up to save the day - a galactic invasion is on-going; there’s simply not enough time to reach D’Qar, let alone Crait.

Dlurkon427 likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Jedi have been allowed to use Electric Judgment since Jedi Power Battles and Destiny’s Way, generally.

Darth Corydon and Daneira like this.
  23. Dlurkon427

Dlurkon427 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 1, 2019
    I should have mentioned this in my original message but, how does stuff pre TPM look? There are a few things there that probably need to be addressed right?

24. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

Electric Judgment!

Darth Corydon and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Generally it’s looking much the same.

Dr Aphra mentions the Hundred Year Darkness often, for example. Jedi Crusaders I.e. Revanchists are referenced in TLJ. Malachor had multiple habitable worlds (II, III and V at least) in Legends even before Rebels introduced another planet in the system, etc etc.

We can generally say that until Bane arose, it was the Rule of the Strong, and at least some Sith took control of Coruscant. The Bane Trilogy told us that there were many Sith and Jedi not at Ruusan after all.