main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Dlurkon427

Dlurkon427 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 1, 2019
    Cool, in that case, do you mind if I create some kind of a spreadsheet to track all of this? Just to make reference easier.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Go for it. Seems pretty fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlurkon427 likes this.
  3. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Ohh, a new continuity holocron unlike any before ever seen!

4. Dlurkon427

Apr 1, 2019
    Oh, one last question, I swear! Is the Prime Jedi the first Je'daii, or the first Jedi? The iconography shown with it seems to indicate a being that practiced balance.

Speaking of this, if anyone wants to edit it, lemme know. More than one pair of eyes will probably make the process smoother.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That’s to be seen.

I would say the First Jedi... before the Jedi became radicalised as lightsiders.

Dlurkon427 likes this.
  6. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    My own guess going from the evidence is that the Prime Jedi was the first Jedi. The Je'daii were a Tython only thing, while the first Jedi Temple was on Ahch-To.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    so Rey is going to Necropolis in her age of resistance that fits pretty well I think but is there any thing we need to take care of before the events of it ?

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Regarding Lord Momin and his masks, I wonder if Kueller may have fallen under one of their influences before The New Rebellion. His gaining power through the dark side by the deaths of countless individuals isn't that far of a leap from Momin's, um, abilities (from what I've read). When Kueller left the Academy, he may have found one of Momin's masks (according to what I read, they still had the ability to influence the wearer even after Momin's resurrection and second death).

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Dlurkon427

Apr 1, 2019
    OMG guys!! In our haste, we have forgotten the most important piece of Star Wars lore.

The Star Wars Holiday Special!!! :eek:

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    At first I thought this fit easily into New Canon, but it might not actually. Chewie was seemingly enslaved in 10 BBY in New Canon, and presumably is not reunited with enslaved Malla and Lumpy until the liberation of Kashyyyk in 5 ABY. There doesn't seem to be that period of peace on Kashyyyk in Legends immediately post 0 ABY (where Malla and Lumpy are free) in New Canon that would allow the Holiday Special to take place.

Your thoughts @Sinrebirth ?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It fits where it fits :p

PCCViking and Dlurkon427 like this.
  12. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    In New Canon Chewie's family are slaves, while in Legends they very much are not. The only fix would be that Chewie freed them after ANH, then after that Life Day business in the Holiday Special the Empire found them again and re-enslaved them.

13. Dlurkon427

Apr 1, 2019
    Hold up, does this mean Jefferson Starship is now apart of One Canon?

14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Probably

Dlurkon427 likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So @Sinrebirth what are your thoughts regarding the
    prophecies in Master and Apprentice
    and the One Canon

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I have it to read.

17. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I posted this in the Cult / Supernat topic already but what about a certain Legacy comic era Sith of Legends appearing in new canon as a distant past Sith? Tiiiiimetravel anyone?

Sinre Edit: SPOILER TAGS

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019
  18. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Just to clarify Cole's spoiler again, RE: Master & Apprentice:
    Master & Apprentice has a brief mention of Darth Wrend, a legendary Sith Lord who returned to wage war on the Jedi (and that's his only mention). Not Darth Wredd of Legacy.

Daneira likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Most of them seem OT/ST related.

The egg one might even be an allusion to the Poe Dameron comic eggs things.

The conquering death one is helluva curious.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    My question regarding One Canon: A good story needs a proper end, so, despite Disneys ongoing Star Wars nature and whatever the future may bring, how does One Canon close the narratives?

Furthest down the timeline so far is not Disney but Legends canon. Legacy comics ended nice but are not THE END one would slap on SW, more like the first Chapter of said far off end. Supernatural Encounters kinda jumps further but is very vague there and more pulling a LOST happily ever afterlife. Some Tales and hints to the future are neat as to what storyteller C3PO becomes and the like, and rare german only non/weird canon books framing device of 1000ABY is another interesting contender for a THE END point. Supernatural Encounters fun referenes of Alien Exodus even make an endpoint connected to our real world and galaxy possible with American Graffitti, Indiana Jones, THX and the Lucasverse brought into a circular timeline looped as Alien Exodus originally intended. Add other fun references from Supernatural Encounters and you can pick many more potential futures and franchises.

But if the Sequels are just one Chapter in One Canon as opposed to the end of the Skywalker saga in Disney canon, what is the same fitting endpoint in One Canon then much later on?

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    What the ST will achieve is an ending to the (Luke) Skywalker Saga, which is something Legends did not have (eventually) have.

Legacy gets to standalone, I’d say.

22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Are we putting Bloodline before or after the Vong war?

how does the New Republic of the ST fit in with the Galactic Alliance?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  23. Dlurkon427

Apr 1, 2019
    What about Ben Skywalker. I imagine he wouldn't be particularly happy with the other Ben.

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    24 years after the ‘final’ death of Palpatine, at the start of 35 ABY, with TJK at the end of the year. So, after the Vong War. The Resistance continues in the backdrop of the DNT-LotF-FotJ arc until Ben annihilates the latest NJO class and the FO outs itself, Leia dedicates herself full-time to the Resistance

(If it’s set 24 years after Endor it slides between Destiny’s Way and Remnant, which is feasible, if the NR Senate arrogantly believes the Vong beaten after Ebaq 9, but there are issues around Coruscant being a Centrist world etc...)

The NR is a member state of the GA, is my view at the moment. The NR contributed the Bounty and probably the 3rd, 5th and 9th Fleets, much as the Hapans contribute the 7th and 8th Fleets, and the Remnant probably contributes the Megador. The GA creates the 1st, 2nd, maybe 4th, and the 6th Fleets from scratch. The NR retains the Viscount, Harbinger and probably Guardian, and various fleet groups, probably bringing its total to its traditional 5 Fleets.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    He’s not, but he’s Vestara Khai to hunt, and the Tribe to find, Allana to protect, the Dagger to find, and Bastion to defend, and the Dark Man to prepare for. The few surviving Jedi have more than enough to keep them busy during TFA-TLJ, which covers a relatively short time period after all.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.