main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A code name is perfect!

PCCViking likes this.
  2. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    Here's a thought that came to me while doing some genealogical work for the Skywalker-Solos.

The obscure Legends RPG character Danielle Kieran is notable for considering herself an illegitimate child of Han Solo's. Her birthdate is listed as 13 BBY; isn't that around the time that Han would have known Qi'ra in the One Canon? Should Dani be considered the daughter of Qi'ra and Han?

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  3. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's possible, though Most Wanted says Han and Qi'ra don't even meet until 13 BBY (they're 18 in both that and Solo's opening), so it'd be a pretty quick turnaround.

4. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    So has Han's age been pushed back if he was 18 in 13 BBY?

5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    In canon; he's born in (roughly) 32 BBY.

Although actually that makes me realize Most Wanted's probably in the year before Solo, because he's 19 in the film, not 18.

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Would Borsk Fey'lya be a Populist or a Centrist?

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Y'know I was trying to chart the foundation of the Centrist party in Legends only this week.

I assume it began when the Republic allowed ex-Imperials to join the Senate - in 17 ABY. The plan is derailed by the Sinister Triumvirate, with Centrists wanting to punish Bothawui and Populists the opposite, so that pushes Bothawui into the Populist camp. The Centrist and Populist divide also mirrors the Alliance and Confederate divide in the later era, just before Snoke encourages the secession of the First Order from the Empire and Alliance and New Republic.

blackmyron and Daneira like this.
  8. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Is Scarif another name for Toprawa in One Canon?

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Nope.

Scarif has its own full set of plans. The Rebellion already had several plans underway to collect the full set, and the Tantive IV collected them before heading to Yavin 4 and Scarif. Leia had a combined disc of them all.

Jyn acted as a rogue group, but that does not undermine that she took on a fortress world and obtained a full set - something which the other actions on Danuta, Toprawa and so forth had no guarantees of achieving.

BigAl6ft6, PCCViking and sidv88 like this.
  10. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Mon Mothma: So Jyn and her group just ran off to Scarif. To die for nothing!

General Dodonna: And we were just going to take her and her friends aside too and tell them we had it all taken care of with Operation Skyhook, and that Draven was going to be fired!

Mon Mothma: This is your fault! You took that tough guy act too far when you said "So you told us!" after she mentioned her father died! Now she and her friends will die too! For nothing!!

General Dodonna: It won't be for nothing. We'll, uh, name a squadron after them.

Vialco, BigAl6ft6 and ColeFardreamer like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That's one way of doing it. [face_laugh]

Of course Jan survives his demise in the new SW Marvel comics...

... Draven I imagine dies whenever he dies.

Oh and Madine survives the assassination attempt in Aftermath II.

sidv88 likes this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    It would explain why there are only two Star Destroyers at Scarif before the Death Star and the ISD Devastator's involvement. The Empire was responding to incursions at Danuta, Toprawa, and they probably didn't think Scarif would be targeted given the shielding.

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *becomes almost confident of dedicating to some short scenes tying together the two continuities*

Tales of One Canon, Scene One, the end of the Battle of Endor

*cross-references the names of thirty-three Imperial Star Destroyers across two continuities*

*researches named Tector-class Star Destroyers*

*looks up old old old sources about the Pulsar and Unrepentant*

*frowns about the Vehement - that is one unlucky ship*

Iron_lord and PCCViking like this.
  14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    What's the deal with the Chimaera in One Canon? Is Rebels' Chimaera the same as the Thrawn Trilogy Chimaera? If so, that means Ezra escaped to some planet somewhere, then Thrawn found a wormhole and took himself and the Chimaera back to the Empire, where he was promptly demoted to Captain by an enraged Palpatine. Is that how it works?

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I doubt it’s the same Chimaera.

But it’s not as if the various ships of the same class called the Invincible, Avarice, Relentless and Vengeance’s the Empire had made any difference to the narrative.

The exact issue that caused Thrawn’s exile from the Imperial court wasn’t defined in Legends. But it may as well be the Battle of Lothal that the Court kicked him out for. It gives him a nice and low profile when he’s not hunting Zann or Rebels on Corellia or keeping an eye on Jerec or chasing Zaarin after the Battle of Yavin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daneira, PCCViking and sidv88 like this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "He picked the wrong side of some political battle" was how Vision of the Future described it. With his allies being demoted, imprisoned, or assigned to garrison duty in the Outer Rim.

PCCViking likes this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    But of course Thrawn and Palpatine were planning Thrawn's "exile."

It's interesting that in both canon and Legends, Thrawn's exile (either from the Chiss or the Empire) wasn't really an exile at all, but planned by both Thrawn and his superiors (could be that his Legends exile from the Chiss was in name only as is in canon).

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    If Thrawn crawled back to the Empire without Ezra, as One Canon seems to indicate, I'm pretty sure any exile from Palpatine would be real. In fact, Thrawn should probably be relieved at Palpatine's leniency to just demote and exile him. To quote Vader, "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    His exile would definitely have been real, but at the same time, Palpatine is not one to throw aside a tool if he doesn't need it. Thrawn mapping the Unknown Regions directly works just fine for him also; he wants to found his FINAL REGIME OF DOOM out there presumably.

*makes notes about Rax interactions with Palpatine*

Daneira, Iron_lord, sidv88 and 2 others like this.
  20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The old Grand Admiral article indicated that Grand Admiral Tigellinus believed he was responsible through court politics and befriending - then betraying - Thrawn. (Of course, he was completely wrong. ;))

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Palpatine only needed Thrawn, the other Grand Admirals he only kept around to keep Thrawn busy with them.. like he constantly poured potential rivals that are morons at Vader. No genius underling should have free time to think or plot against him.

Given Tigellinus media presence and love for the spotlight, he either was working with a script to sell propaganda, or he way played and loving it.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Knowing Palpatine, Tigellinus was right, he just didn't know that Palpatine wanted him to betray him(!)

23. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    That's one big plan from Palpatine. Yet I can't say I am shock. Since this is the same man who started a war and was secretly leading both sides.

So it's not too crazy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Also, just to point out: I believe Toprawa did not actually have the Death Star plans - it had a high-capacity data transmission facility that they needed to get all the plans together to beam to Tantive IV, IIRC.
    Probably need to get to thinking about how the whole Rogue One thing goes down in Two Canons.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    @Sinrebirth How open is One Canon to timetravel retcons?

I know many do not fancy Timetravel in SW, even if with Flowwalking, Aing Ti, World between Worlds and other shenangians from old Marvel comics or Supernatural Encounters it already is part of the narrative.

Timetravel fits more a multiverse approach than a one canon where all is in the same line, but what if one utilizes it to bring elements into one canon that otherwise could not made to fit? Or even variations of published stories, like abandoned concepts, alternate story scripts etc. ? That way we could inculude everything and not just published final products.

Dark Horse original outline for the NJO period?

The OTs original Prequels before the PT.

NJOs various variations in story before characters got swapped around as per Lucas?