main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. dylan24601

dylan24601 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2004
    Okay - I'm confused. I liked the approach where 'Solo' stood between 'Paradise Snare' and 'Hutt Gambit.' Are Lando's references to his 80's novel, from the movie, the only things keeping that placement from working. I really want to do a read-through of Cripsin Solo/ Daley Solo/ Smith Lando/ Last Shot/ Solo novelization - jumping book-to-book as needed.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The issue is that The Hutt Gambit begins with Lando, in possession of the Falcon, flying off to the Oseon system, and part-way through, he comes back, having "picked up a load of life-crystals in the Rafa system" - where he had his run-in with the Sharu.

So, Solo has to take place after Lando meets the Sharu.

PCCViking likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thrawn Trilogy confirmed that Lando and Han did a Kessel Run together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  4. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    So solo takes place in between books and it was one big con

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Between The Hutt Gambit and Rebel Dawn, yes. The Bespin winning of the Falcon might need to be retconned out though - either that or Lando stole it back immediately after the Solo Movie but before Rebel Dawn, forcing Han to gamble for it a second time.

6. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    way not i like to think that they tooken the falcan from each other more then once

Edited: i'm wait those books would take place after solo

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So, who is ready to juggle around 3 kidnapping attempts against Palpatine leading into Rots?

8. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    I'm down to take a look at it. Are we referring to his kidnapping from Coruscant?

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Smuggler is expecting Siege to show a third attempt, I’d say.

10. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    There's already two?

Star Wars: Clone Wars (original), and what else?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Labyrinth of Evil portrays the events from the micro series a bit differently. The third would be the canon version which is yet to be told, but is kikely to differ from those before.

12. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    Ok, thank you for jogging my memory. Haven't read Labyrinth of Evil in years, but just picked up a copy from my local used bookstore. I'll have to give it a read after I finish the Knight Errant novel

spicer likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well my 19 BBY timeline is going to need some nudging now it seems...

14. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i was wondering how you would be able to merge those three togeather
    Because i will most likely follow you on that

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm not really expecting Siege of Mandalore to show Grievous's attack on Coruscant, actually. From what we know already, I'm thinking it's more going to be that Anakin and Obi-Wan are leading Rex and his men to Mandalore initially, but have to leave in a hurry when the news arrives (probably at the end of an individual episode within the arc) and that's the last we actually see of them. So the only issue is really going to be fitting that mission into the end of LoE.

Though again this is just all my guess

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    One Canon - 19 BBY - the end of the Clone Wars

0. Mandalore burns, Bardotta Crisis, Barriss Ofee falls - the year begins as Death Watch, in league with Maul and part of the Shadow Collective, assaults Mandalore and brings down the New Mandalorians. Death Watch fissures in the process when Maul seizes control, with Mandalore the Resurrector touted as the man who brings the warrior ways back to all the Clans, for the Clans. He and MandalMotors dedicates the Separatist cause and assaults Kamino. Talzin harasses Bardotta and Barris Ofee the Jedi Temple, resulting in Ahsoka leaving the Order and Kenobi more permanently being paired with Anakin.

1. Labyrinth of Evil - The beginning of this book until the point where Yoda and Kenobi discuss having no knowledge of Darth Tyranus' identity.

2. The Lost One until the close of the Yoda trilogy - The Sifo-Dyas arc on Felucia's moon occurs; Valorum faked his death to avoid being targeted by assassins on Coruscant and he returns when the situation calms down. The Yoda arc has to occur as Anakin is still on Coruscant, and then they head to Beldrerone.

3. Labyrinth of Evil, Utapau arc, Bad Batch - by necessity the mission of Anakin and Kenobi to track down the Mechno-chair connection takes time, and it is useful as tracking down the pilot to Naos would take a certain amount of time. Insofar as much as they are diverted to Tythe later on, they are diverted to Utapau, to Anaxes, to Skako Minor, and so forth, and also to deal with Dooku and Maul.

4. The Quinlan Vos arc, parallel - Two liberties have to take place here, in that the Tholme fakes his death against Ventress (again, as he did against Aurra Sing, as he was suspected to have died at Geonosis), and that Vos arrives at Saluecami late in the five month siege, which was my retcon for the Battle of Jabiim also. Vos has to have decided not to abandon his pursuit of Darth Sidious due to what he has lost. This had the potential to elongate Labyrinth of Evil over months, but that is not so much an issue as a boon, as there is a lot of Clone Wars material to fit into affairs what with the Tyranus discussion in Labyrinth of Evil having to precede the Lost One generally. Equally however it was necessary to push the Republic Comics Ventress arc so it is after Witches of the Mist but before Massacre, a simple enough retcon.

5. Skirmishes on Naos from Labyrinth of Evil, Nelvaan from the Micro Series, Belderone from Labyrinth of Evil to talk to Fa'ale Leh after her recovery, and on to the Third Battle of Tythe - Existing Legends pre-Clone Wars continuity from the New Essential Chronology covers these events, right until the point where Anakin and Obi-Wan discover that Coruscant is under siege.

6. Ashoka aside - Ahsoka has to have met with Anakin before they jump towards Coruscant, by virtue of her being aware he was heading to save the Chancellor. Presumably Anakin was due to head to Mandalore in pursuit of Maul next, as also part of the general Tyranus-Sidious pursuit. By this point Darth Sidious has killed Mother Talzin and gutted the Shadow Collective, resulting in the Pykes and Black Sun being at each others throats in Dark Disciple.

In short. It goes without saying that the Republic Commando: Order 66 novel takes place parallel also, and one needs to accept that Palpatine and the Jedi allowed Depa and Barriss to participate in the Outer Rim Sieges; in likelihood as a further method of emptying Jedi from the Temple on Coruscant in anticipation of Order 66.

At present it is this...

17. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    I'm just hope it all fits when the day comes for the episodes next year @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I suspect it will.

19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Yeah with merging canons i useally follow you and mostly go with your explaning and timeline there are some stuff like some explantions for me for my own canon but yeah most of the time it's like yours

20. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Easy way to explain the different kidnapping attempts is that one of the Palpatines (at least one of them) is either a clone, or a heavily disguised bodyguard. Grievous realizes his mistakes. Palpatine eventually allows himself to be kidnapped for real in order to give Anakin time to get back to "rescue" him and kill Dooku.

Timing, after all, is everything.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    that sounda even more confussing

Also i realized that there are not as many Vader stoires outside of 19bby and 18bby in Legends that took place in the dark times from 17bby to 5bby
    Which i found odd

22. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Thrawn: Alliances spoilers

I’m on chapter 1. I was really hoping this book would end with Vader gifting Thrawn the Noghri, but it seems Rukh already works for Thrawn and has no respect for Vader or his property, implying that Vader was never the Noghri’s master. Why would Zahn do this? His last book was so one canon friendly!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  23. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    intresting
    i am shocked Zhan would changed that, did he change it becuase he dosen't like the idea anymore that he created years ago? Can we say that Rukh was the only Noghir that did not served vader. Because i belived we said there were two Rukh in one canon. So this Rukh dosen't served Vader and dosen't like him but the other Noghir do
    Still don't understand way he did that

24. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Maybe...

Thrawn discovered what the Empire did to the Noghri, and did his best to help them (instead of continuing the enslavement his Legends counterpart did), and that's why Rukh hates Vader, but is loyal to Thrawn.

25. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    but aren't we trying to make this into one canon
    I remmber Sinrebirth said that in one canon their are two Rukh, so this Rukh who ends up in Rebels and dies did not served Vader and hated him. Well the other Rukh and the Noghri served Vader and don't hate him.

quinlan solo, spicer and PCCViking like this.