main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The One Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ronin thoughts.

So far I’m of the view that the Republic lost its way during the Hundred Years Darkness and became an Empire, complete with Emperor and princes, complete with Lords and Jedi serving.

Because if Pius Dea can have Jedi, and Jedi Chancellor’s can happen for four centuries without moral issue for our resident hidebound lightsiders, and if the Republic can gestate the Revanchist Sith Empire and Palpatine’s Galactic Empire within it, then it can happen here too. Also see; Imperial Knights.

Otherwise necromancy Sith is completely perfect for era because we have Dathka!

2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    So it fits fine for one canon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I am tempted to call this era "Knights of the Low Republic" as it is the antithesis to the High Republic in ideals for Jedi and Republic.

Ironic even that the Jedi that split off to become the Dark Lords of the Sith do so not at a time when the Jedi are high and mighty but rather low themselves. When with the former concept it would have been the Dark Jedi falling from grace due to the high ideals they do not adhere to, the new one now seems to imply that the Dark Jedi wern't unlike the Jedi but rather refused to change back the the former ideals when the Jedi and Republic were about to coursecorrect their descent maybe.

4. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Personally, I was just hoping that the Emperor’s last name is mentioned to be Draco, Fel, or some variation on those.

Darth Corydon and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    So I been looking at more obscured order 66 survivors. As in obscure I mean like they aren't jedi form major stories like Quinlan Vos, Jax Paven and Dass Jennier. But more RPJ type stuff. And one caught my attention recently.
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sarn_Vals
    Quarren Jedi Knight Sarn Vals who only appears on the wizards.com role playing game.

His final fate his unknown. The last thing known about him on wookieepedia. Is Inquisitors being sent after him.

So I was thinking considering Fallen Order makes it a big deal about Jedi getting captured and turn into Inquisitors. Well Legends had a similar thing too, but I don't think they played it up as much as fallen order does. I was thinking consider Sarn Vals fate is unknown (wookiepeda doesn't even have him on the purge survivors category) maybe in One canon he gets taken to Nur where he is torture to become a Inquisitor. I don't know why I thought of this maybe because of the scrapped art form Fallen Order showing a Quarren Inquisitor and this being a pretty minor jedi character when it comes to order 66 survivors.

I don't know what do any of you think?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce and Dream-Thinker like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

Very minor High Republic spoiler.

[​IMG]

7. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    Is that the first time we've seen a "detached" Vonduun Crab?

Awesome connection, love it when the line between Legends and Canon gets thinner.

8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    They.. just did that and the... of the... is in Disney and thus they are... oh my... [face_skull]

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That is a very interesting and specific choice there....

Honestly I wonder if it is deliberate, or if they just googled "star wars crab" and that was a top result. Well, probably best to assume it is deliberate, and speculate on the implications.

Namely, how a group of vongshaped creatures ended up dominating a planet in the galaxy - deliberate attempt by the Vong to breed weapon caches ahead of time? Just an accident where some of the crabs escaped and went feral? Or perhaps even the vodrun crab is a native species that Vong scouts found, took back, and used as the basis for their armor? Well, ok, not likely, the Vong are pretty conservative when it comes to changing their tech if I remember correctly.

Similarly, is Qorrls' species connected to the Vong in some way, descendants of a servant race perhaps or even a group of Vong that went native? Or were they just locals strong enough to adapt to the crabs overruning their planet?

Oh man, I just realized, people were always commenting that this character looked like darth krayt, and now it is clear why - because he is also wearing the helmet of vodrun crab armor. Really amusing that so many commented on the resemblance but I don't think anyone actually speculated that particular connection.

10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I fear if they googled "Star Wars crab" they end up with google asking if they meant "Star Wars crap" lol

KOTOR Vong getting canonized before NJO ones is fun.. I mean, they have been around for a while with advanced scouts! And with a KOTOR remake upcoming I wonder if that will feature or expand any KOTOR Vong cameo!

But I wonder if they considered it to be said crab helmet BECAUSE fans speculated it or already planned it ahead of fans taking some art too seriously?

Sinrebirth and MercenaryAce like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    If the HR era adds the Yuuzhan Vong as a Phase 3 threat and reveals that Marchion Ro is an agent of the Vong I might just explode.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  12. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    If they did that, I think quite a few people would explode. Some from rage, some from joy, some from awe, most from pure confusion.

I am already shocked they had the audacity to go this far, and this is still pretty deniable - in fact, it seems elsewhere this is just chalked up to the vodrunn crabs have different origins - would they really dare to bring back the Vong in full again, especially as major villains?

SWpants likes this.
  13. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    Marchion Ro does sort of look like the same Species as Qort save for the mohawk, no? Maybe they’re one of the Vong’s client races, or else have formed a cargo cult around the Vong and their practices.

ColeFardreamer and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    older knows of the connection to Darth krayt. I think its deliberate. most if not all of the high republic era authors do super deep cuts or references to stuff that can connection to supernatural encounters .

I think Marchion Ro is something new not related to vong but the nameless remember he's getting a two shot comic soon
    [​IMG]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I’m shook. So excited

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    That'd give an entire new spin to Rogue Planet and Palpatines PT era dread of them leading to creation of the Death Stars etc.!

I mean the Sith trying to weaken the Jedi, Republic and galaxy so they can take over get their price snatched from under their fingers by some mysterious Far Outsiders/Vong/Nihil shortly before they would have been ready? Sounds like a perfect match!

He does look like a non disfigured Vong though, back when they looked more human with grey skin! I mean, without tatoos and scars and all that biotech most people probably would never recognise a Vong when they saw one!

Golbolco likes this.
  17. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    A fair point. I suppose it would be foolish to consider this to be an accident given the deep cuts already made in this series.

And yes I am excited for the comic and getting some answers on Ro, however long that takes. Until we get those answers though, it is fun to wildly speculate.

As for the nameless - perhaps they are the Vong, and the great sin done to them was decanonizing them in the first place! ;p

Perhaps they are human, modified by the Vong somehow.

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Or the sin was that they were removed from the Force via a the Jedi blinding them to the Force Quel Droma style... and it was not Sekots fault after all!

19. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    its fun to speculate but we know that the nameless are horrorish creatures. they do have some weird ability to take the force away if the leveller is one. we know a bit of Ro's origins already but yeah the comic will fill out more . Im not opposed to a vong connect but I would like him to be separate . we know they didn't want the Nihil to be connected to the sith.
    [​IMG]

Golbolco likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Where can I read this story? Sorry, not on topic to One Canon.

21. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    One Canon Rogue Squadron rosters... any problem there? Asking because of todays IDW Star Wars comic release specifically adding lots of new Rogues post Endor.

22. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Isn't it between Mako-Ta and Hoth? Luke's Rogue Leader.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And if it is post-Endor then we don’t have W roster pre-X-wing comics I believe.

24. Golbolco

Jan 20, 2016
    I've completed a decent chunk of a One Canon Prequel-era timeline based on my headcanon that the Clone Wars lasted six years.

I've broken down books and comics by chapter/issue, and I tried to date stories relative to each other based on only what was said in text, if I could help it. A lot of content doesn't have exact or certain dates, since the Canon chronology isn't 100% clear yet. There's a lot of guesswork as well, but I think it's a good first pass.

Here's a link to my timeline's spreadsheet. All feedback and criticism is welcome!

25. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    Good lord that's fantastic!

Please keep us updated, I'd love to see it grow.

Golbolco likes this.