main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The One Man Star Wars Trilogy"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthShona, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I've heard about this guy in the past, and just saw the article at the OS about him coming to C3. Anyone here seen any of his shows? Is he any good?

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    he's really good, didn't make it out to see him when he was here but all i've heard is good reviews from people who've seen him :)

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Saw the show Charlie Ross put on at the Star Wars presentation at Comic-Con. He is hilarious! It'll be fun to see the whole show at CIII.

4. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Thanks you two. :)

I just might have to check him out in April.

How long is the show?

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Charlie only did an "excerpt" at Comic-Con, just presenting ANH. That took about ten minutes, maybe a little less. (He must have bruises after he's done, the way he throws himself around the stage.) So, I'm thinkin' the whole thing will take him about 30 minutes. Believe me, it will go fast! And it's worth every second... a great homage to SW.

6. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Any idea on how many presentations he'll be making? Because if he only makes one, there will be a lot of people left out and I wouldn't want to be one of them!

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Any idea on how many presentations he'll be making? Because if he only makes one, there will be a lot of people left out and I wouldn't want to be one of them!

Official site states 5 shows. Read about it here:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/11/news20041101.html

8. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Thanks CarolynNC, it also says 'while seats are available' looks like this is one of the lines I'll waiting in!
    Can't hardly wait! [-o|

9. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Same here!

10. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    This is a very cool show. I've seen both his Star Wars one and the LotR one, and they are very good. The show is about an hour long, and with him throwing himself around doing the actions as well as the voices it's incredibly entertaining. While he does cut a bunch out for length, his lines are right from the script, with only a few lines added here and there for humour. It's his great talent at voices that I loved the most; I just about wet my pants when he did Admiral Ackbar.

11. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Oh God, he does LOTR too?? [face_laugh] :eek:

12. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Not only that, but Ian McKellen saw one of his shows here in Vancouver. I wish I was there that night, that would have been so cool to be there when Gandalf himself was watching the show.

13. Anakinsaprentice

Anakinsaprentice Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Sounds like a great show!!...I'll be in line for this one for sure!!...

14. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Just went and saw this show last night, it was amazing, if you have time to see it at Celebration its well worht it :)

15. kenobi7777

kenobi7777 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2003
    its stuff like this and the SW musical edition that i'll be looking forward to the most

16. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Does anyone know if this will be a "ticket" show, or a first come, first getting is basis? I'd love to see this guy! I've heard really good things about his show. And plus he is Canadian, eh!

17. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I'm pretty sure this will be a "price included" event. No extra money, but you'll likely have to navigate a decent line-up. Hopefully they don't get into ticketing free events again this year like they did at C2. They claim to have better line-up management. I have faith - it can't be worse. [face_plain]

18. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Does anyone know if this will be a "ticket" show, or a first come, first getting is basis?

from Mary's chat:

We are not planning to have separate tickets for events, but rather multiple queueing areas for the major shows. Fans can wait up to two shows ahead. On the major show stages, we will empty the room after every show.

I'm guessing it's a first come, first served kind of thing but I don't know for sure.

She also said We don't have plans for other events that you'd have to buy separate tickets for. It is possible that there'd be other special announcements in the future, so please keep watching for those.

I enjoyed Star Wars in 30 minutes at C2 so I'm looking forward to this show.

19. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
  20. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    The room where it's being held is ginormous, and he's giving a show every day, so hopefully everyone who wants to see it will be able to.

And everyone should see it. Because he is freaking hysterical!

21. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Then that's definitely one my husband and I have to see at least sometime.
    JMD

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    yes, you must go see it! i saw him perform one man ANH at comic-con last year, and it was awesome.. i nearly cried from laughing so hard.

23. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    I actually *did* cry from laughing that hard! Especially at his one-man LOTR at One Ring Celebration-- it's just screamingly funny.

("Mr. Frodo...are we gay?")

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    [face_laugh] thats our favourite line :)

25. aries6

aries6 LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    I saw him at The One Ring Celebration - one of the funniest things I've ever seen (the fall of Denethor really killed me!) I also saw his One Man Trilogy here in Chicago and it was hysterical. His voice impersonations, facial expressions are spot on! Worth seeing!

Cynthia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.