main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Original Character Alliance (ANYONE WANT A NEW CHALLENGE???)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by tatooinewizard, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes Emilie, post it please! :) I'd love to fill it out. I always loved those little email surveys that I got back in the dark ages of AOL. [face_devil]

Jae Angel

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL, Jae Angel. *fetches blank character profile* I'll post a blank one, and then I'll fill mine out so you can see how I do it.

3. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh, and you can call me Emmi. Or Darklighter. Which ever you prefer. I answer to "hey stupid", too. ;)

Character Profile Worksheet

Basic Statistics

Name:

First Appearance:

Race:

Hometown:

Current Residence:

Income:

Talents/Skills:

Salary:

Birth order:

Siblings (describe relationship):

Spouse (describe relationship):

Children (describe relationship):

Grandparents (describe relationship):

Grandchildren (describe relationship):

Significant Others (describe relationship):

Relationship skills:

Physical Characteristics:

Height:

Weight:

Race:

Eye Color:

Hair Color:

Glasses or contact lenses?

Skin color:

Shape of Face:

Distinguishing features:

How does he/she dress?

Mannerisms:

Habits: (smoking, drinking etc.)

Health:

Hobbies:

Favorite Sayings:

Speech patterns:

Disabilities:

Style (Elegant, shabby etc.):

Greatest flaw:

Best quality:

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes

Educational Background:

Intelligence Level:

Any Mental Illnesses?

Learning Experiences:

Character's short-term goals in life:

Character's long-term goals in life:

How does Character see himself/herself?

How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others?

How self-confident is the character?

Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof?

What would most embarass this character?

Emotional Characteristics

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Introvert or Extrovert?

How does the character deal with anger?

With sadness?

With conflict?

With change?

With loss?

What does the character want out of life?

What would the character like to change in his/her life?

What motivates this character?

What frightens this character?

What makes this character happy?

Is the character judgmental of others?

Is the character generous or stingy?

Is the character generally polite or rude?

How the Character is Involved in the Story

Character's role in the novel (main character? hero? heroine? Romantic interest? etc.):

Scene where character first appears:

Relationships with other characters:

1. Character's Name: -- (Describe relationship with this character and changes to relationship over the course of the novel).

2. Character's Name: -- (Describe relationship with this character and changes to relationship over the course of the novel).

3. Character's Name: -- (Describe relationship with this character and changes to relationship over the course of the novel).

4. Character's Name: -- (Describe relationship with this character and changes to relationship over the course of the novel).

How character is different at the end of the novel from when the novel began:

Additional Notes on This Character:

4. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire... that's quite a list. I'm going have to try that out on paper. If I post it here though some answers are going to have to be left blank due to spoilers.

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I just post a warning before mine, that way those who don't want spoilers don't read it.

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001

Basic Statistics

Name: Brodaeus "Brodey" Narundi

Nationality: N'aanwarian

Hometown: Freedom City, N'aanwaria

Current Residence: Academy dorm room #105

Income: Whatever daddy or his uncle Kahl'aan will give him

Talents/Skills: Combat skills, followed by telekinesis, mind manipulation, and an assortment of forbidden dark-side tricks

Salary: Initially nothing, followed by mere pocket change from seedy jobs like dealing spice and smuggling

Birth order: Technically first, but he has an adopted older brother

Ch'aanlei (Ch-ahn-lee) - Older brother by seven years. Brodey hates him because he's the perfect son that his parents always wanted him to be. And because he's always snooping around, trying to pick Brodey up for doing something illegal.

Ericho - Younger brother by four years. Brodey doesn't mind this kid because he's cute, funny, and just a kid. Besides the occasional pestering for attention, Ericho never did anything to bug him.

Li'aania - Younger sister by six years and youngest child in family. Acts like it. But Brodey adores his kid sister, in stark contrast to his relationship with his older, pushy brother.

Spouse (describe relationship): Unmarried as of age 23.

Children (describe relationship):

Bel'aanaea (Bell-ah-nay-ah) - Born when he was 20, this child is a major factor in the development of Brodey's moral character. She helps him gain some perspective of the sort of difficulties his parents had with raising him and keeping him safe. Her birth also makes it painfully obvious that he needs to grow up, take responsibility, and open himself up to others for help and guidance in raising her.

Grandparents (describe relationship):

Two grandfathers, both grandmothers died before he was born:

Cel'aanaeus (Sell-ah-nay-us) - Father's dad. Seems stuffy to Brodey in later years, and too much like the father he hates.

R'aa'nlan (Rahn-lan) - The antithesis of his other grandfather. Brodey has always been close to this crass old man, and he's one of the few good influences in his life during his troubled later-teenage years. He also plays a major role in Brodey's life in his early 20s, by reaching out to him when he had no direction and getting him back on the right track.

Grandchildren (describe relationship): - Um, come back to me in another ten years and maybe I'll have some grandchildren to talk about. ;)

Cal'nissa - Teenage flame, lost her to his best friend, Chaa'klan, because he was a little too arrogant for her tastes.

Sir'tese - Third cousin on his mother's side. Used to make fun of her for being slightly overweight and unpopular, but he realizes she's not so bad after a lot of fighting when they meet back up as adults.

Relationship skills: - Very poor. The only thing he's got going for him is looks. Other than that he can be arrogant, jealous, petty, and superficial.

Height: Approximately 2.01 meters

Weight: 91 kilograms

Race: Near human

Eye Color: blue

Hair Color: white blonde

Glasses or contact lenses? - Nope

Skin color: pale white (doesn't tan)

Shape of Face: Oval, with angular jaw

Distinguishing features: Six earrings in left ear, four in right, pierced tongue, prosthetic arm from vortex skiing accident.

How does he/she dress? - In flashy, bright, and expensive capes, tunics, and boots

Mannerisms: Changes on a dime. Can be polite and formal like he was raised, and can also reject authority and have a potty mouth like a common hoo

7. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I've read a little of your work, Jae Angel, and I've always loved Brodey! :-D

Here's mine:

WARNING: The following information contains spoilers for the Shades of Green trilogy.

Basic Statistics

Name: Katalyn Skywalker (Kat Skye)

First Appearance: Shades of Green: Interludes

Race: Human

Hometown: None. Katalyn was born in the homestead that belonged to her parents just outside the Dune Sea. The nearest town is Anchorhead.

Current Residence: The lower levels of Coruscant

Income: whatever she can get her hands on

Talents/Skills: moderate Force-sensitivity, cunning, and con-artistry. adept with machines/droids

Salary: sporadic

Birth order: only child

Siblings (describe relationship): N/A

Spouse (describe relationship): N/A

Children (describe relationship): N/A

Grandparents (describe relationship): N/A

Grandchildren (describe relationship): N/A

Significant Others (describe relationship):N/A

Relationship skills: Extremely sketchy. Katalyn has little contact with people at all, except for those she steals and cons from. She tends to shove people away. Her only friends are Scar (Jeste) and Tap (Morriana), two other orphans whom she saved from a street gang.

Physical Characteristics: Pale, delicate skin on her face, Mara's delicate features, hands roughened by hard work, and a small scar underneath her chin from a childhood speeder accident.

Height: Five foot even.

Weight: 103 lbs

Eye Color: blue

Hair Color: red

Glasses or contact lenses? None.

Skin color: pale, delicate peach

Shape of Face: oval

Distinguishing features: blue eyes and red hair

How does he/she dress? In whatever she can find. Usually her clothes are oversized, baggy, and rough. To keep from being easily recognized, she covers her hair with a rough, brown snood made of a food sack.

Mannerisms: She has a recognizably Tatooinian accent and walks with a fake limp to make her "customers" think she's weaker than she is.

Habits: (smoking, drinking etc.)

drinks a small bit

Health: Not good. Malnourishment is a problem. She's far smaller than she ought to be. Her right arm is also infected from a street fight wound that wasn't properly cared for.

Hobbies: None. She has to fight every day to survive.

Favorite Sayings: N/A

Speech patterns: Soft and calm most of the time. Not too loud, unless she gets angry. It can go one of two ways when she's angry. Either her voice can become extra soft-controlled, and deadly-calm (controlled anger) or rise to very loud and then fall deadly-soft (uncontrolled anger)

Disabilities: None

Style (Elegant, shabby etc.): Doesn't have anything but her shabby street clothes, but knows that once her great-aunt and before that, her mother, used to keep her clothes neat and clean, with no frills, but not plain, either. She misses it.

Greatest flaw: Pushing people away

Best quality: A (slightly warped) sense of right and justice. She defends helpless people, and only does what stealing she does because she would never survive otherwise.

Educational Background: Beru Lars taught her letters and numbers up until Owen's death when Katalyn was six. She doesn't have any education beyond that.

Intelligence Level: Average

Any Mental Illnesses? None

Learning Experiences:

She learned about death when Owen and Beru Lars died of old age.
    She learned to fend for herself when she was placed in a foster home in which the older children were abusive towards her.
    She learned about betrayal when her second foster family abandoned her on the Corellian streets.
    She learned about friendship when she saved Tap and Scar from Mina's gang.

Character's short-term goals in life: To get enough money to buy a ship.

Ch

8. Dark_lord_Ani

Dark_lord_Ani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Emilie, if Katalyn is malnourished you might want to knock a couple of pounds off.
    And if she's living on the street, her skin wouldn't exactly be in the best condition, so it'd be about as delicate as alligator hide.

Oh and you spelled thief wrong.

9. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Well my original OC was one who helped me explore one of my favorite Star Wars Characters Obi Wan Kenobi. Her name is Leanna Rianni and she helped Obi Wan deal with some life issues. She then moved on to my second story and a new character happened to be there. His name being Alec Rianni and he is Leanna's son and I wont mention the father you can figure it out by going and reading my fics. ;)

My First Fic:
    The Sands Flow By Softly

Second Fic:

A Past Unkown

Oh and more OC's are popping up all the time in this second fic. :D

Stop on by. :D

OWLC

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I never indicated her bone size, Ani. For someone with medium-sized bones, 103 could be underweight.

Thank you for indicating the mispelling. And about the delicate skin--I was talking about her face. Sorry for not being clear enough.

11. Dark_lord_Ani

Jun 17, 2003
    Sorry 'bout that.

I measure everything according to my sister who's 4'll and packs muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Of course, Kat doesn't have that much fat on her body.

12. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    NP. Anybody can misunderstand. :-D

13. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Forgot to welcome emimar. I was wondering why you didn't come in here yesterday.

Will be putting up my revamped Cloudia soon.

Also (I will put in the link soon): I suggest that you all go read Cam_Mulonus's 'Resurgence of Chaos'. It's very long so far, but really, I swear it's worth it. I wouldn't be telling you otherwise.

Got the link now, for those interested: resurgence of chaos

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Can't promise anything right now; my current workload is huge (six in-progress stories under two names) but I'll try to read it.

15. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    The Profile is rather big - I didn't make up *every* point ion it. Does it matter ?

16. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Jae Angel, I have a question for you. I've started reading the story that you posted a link to here in this thread, and I read the character profile for Brodey. I want to read more about him, so do you have other stories about him, or with him? And, what is the chronological order to these? I'm a very organized type of person and I like to read things in the order that they happen. So, if the stories featuring him have an order (from like, his teenage years up to his early twenties/older years) I'd like to know.

Oh, and the story you posted here, I really like it so far.

JB

17. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    This thread is such a great idea! My first fic, set in an AU, had an OC as the main character. I found that although people started reading it, a lot dropped away quite quickly. Don?t know if this was to do with the subject matter (Jedi Romance) or the fact that it was mainly about an OC or whether it wasn?t that good!

Mia is a padawan learner at the Jedi Temple. She was apprentice to Sifo-Dyas but six months after his disappearance around the time of the battle of Naboo, Qui-Gon (who survived his encounter with Maul) takes over her training. Anakin is taught with the other padawan?s up to the age of 13.

I wanted to write a handmaiden fic but with a twist, so I made a Jedi a handmaiden, her mission to protect Queen Amidala. Duty was meant to be one story but it turned into a Trilogy.

1. Duty
    2, After Naboo ? This goes back in time to when Mia was 14 and fills in the gaps of her relationships with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
    3. Star of Telos ? Takes place a year before the events of Duty. Mia is 17. When Qui-Gon goes missing while trying to discover the fate of Sifo-Dyas, Obi-Wan and Mia race to find him.

Links in bio.

Basic Statistics

Name: Mia

Race: Human

Current Residence: Jedi Temple

Family: Unknown

Significant Others (describe relationship): Sifo-Dyas - Master
    Qui-Gon Jinn - Master

Eye Color: Brown

Hair Color: light brown

How does he/she dress? ? As a Padawan learner. Except when she is undercover as a handmaiden.

Health: Severe allergic reaction to Alderaan nectar.

Favorite Sayings: I don?t think she had any but she did roll her eyes a lot.

Greatest flaw: Jealous of Anakin and his relationship with Qui-Gon. Tends to think she knows best. Lets her personal feelings get in the way.

Best quality: Sense of humour. Enjoys teasing Obi-Wan mercilessly.

Character's short-term goals in life: - To finish her training and become a Jedi.

Character's long-term goals in life: - To be a successful Jedi.

How does Character see himself/herself?

How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others? ? She sometimes worries that she is merely a stop gap for Qui-Gon, until he can train Anakin. She knows that Mace Windu doesn?t fully trust her and thinks that the mysterious disappearance of Sifo-Dyas has cast a shadow over her chances of becoming a Jedi.

How self-confident is the character?- Sifo-Dyas?s disappearance and his attitude towards training her, left her feeling insecure about her place at the Temple and her chances of becoming a Jedi. The presence of Anakin Skywalker in Qui-Gon?s life adds to these insecurities.

How does the character deal with anger? ? She takes her anger out on blaster targets. Hence, she is quite a good shot.

With conflict? ? She tends to pretend it isn?t happening.

With change? ? She accepts it as best she can and makes the most of it.

With loss? ? Doesn?t talk about it.

What does the character want out of life? ? To become a Jedi Knight.

What motivates this character? ? Strong sense of duty, gratitude to the Council and Qui-Gon that they kept her on.

What frightens this character? ? Although a Jedi knows no fear, she is terrified of losing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

What makes this character happy? ? Knowing that she is safe and secure with Qui-Gon.

How the Character is Involved in the Story

Character's role in the novel (main character? hero? heroine? Romantic interest? etc.): - Mia is the main character/heroine and romantic interest! She is also a team player, all the handmaidens have a role to play during her time on Naboo.

I think that some of the above makes her seem that she doesn?t have any flaws but she does.

Scene where character first appears: - On a ship to Tatooine with Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Relationships with other characters:

1. Character's Name: -- (Desc

18. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    The revamped Cloudia Wandry. Not all finished. I'll edit more in later.

WARNING: CONTAINS A FEW SPOILERS TO THE FIRST TWO BOOKS OF MY TRILOGY

Basic Statistics

Name: Cloudia Wandry

First Appearance: See other profile

Race: Half-human/ half-Churyen

Hometown: Yalin on Vega Minor

Current Residence: Anywhere (that?s why her last name?s Wandry)

Occupation: A member of the elite crew of a shipping organization run by Urius Valenteen

Income:

Talents/Skills: Using the Force, combat (that?s why Valenteen picked her to be a member of his elite when she was only 15)

Salary: Isn?t that the same as income?

Birth order: only child

Spouse (describe relationship): Torin Waylein (former Jedi)

Children (describe relationship): Reena Vaughn, Corryn Vaughn (both Jedi) and Lyriana Waylein (not Force-sensitive)

Grandparents (describe relationship): never knew either set

Grandchildren (describe relationship):

Relationship skills:

Height: 5?8?

Weight: 125 lbs.

Race:

Eye Color: purple

Hair Color: black

Glasses or contact lenses? No

Skin color: golden

Shape of Face: oval

Distinguishing features:

How does he/she dress?: The blue uniform of Valenteen?s elite

Mannerisms:

Habits: (smoking, drinking etc.): Self-battering

Health:

Hobbies:

Favorite Sayings:

Speech patterns:

Disabilities:

Style (Elegant, shabby etc.): more casual business

Greatest flaw:

Best quality:

Educational Background: Taught by her father, attended a nearby public school for a year, the rest self-taught

Intelligence Level: Above Average

Any Mental Illnesses?

Learning Experiences:

Character's short-term goals in life:

Character's long-term goals in life:

How does Character see himself/herself?: To blame for most everything

How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others?

How self-confident is the character?: Confident in her abilities as far as what she does best, socially quite unconfident.

Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof?: Logic, only a little bit, because she does like to think things out, but more emotion because she is often tormented by her feelings.

What would most embarrass this character?: Doing something stupid

Emotional Characteristics

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Introvert or Extrovert?: Introvert

How does the character deal with anger?: Not all that well, but a million times better than to be expected because of the black-bladed lightsaber

With sadness?: It weighs her down

With conflict?: It?s a struggle, but she is a fighter.

With change?

With loss?: Not well at all, thank you.

What does the character want out of life?

What would the character like to change in his/her life?: She?d like to settle down, have a place of her own. I?m not sure she ever gets that.

What motivates this character?

What frightens this character?: Losing her grip and turning to the Dark Side

What makes this character happy?: I don?t think she?s completely happy once in the whole bloody thing.

Is the character judgmental of others?: I wouldn?t say so.

Is the character generous or stingy?: Generous

Is the character generally polite or rude?: Polite, but standoffish at times.

How the Character is Involved in the Story : Main character

Character's role in the novel (main character? hero? heroine? Romantic interest? etc.):

Scene where character first appears: The very first

19. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    my first major series was all about OC's in the star wars universe, and i wrote it before njo came out, but then i went back later and i made it so the main oc's, ana and owen solo, were jag and jaina's adult children.

i'd written so many chapters (i called them books though) but after all, i don't know, i think i got a little discouraged since the series didn't really catch on with people, and i stopped writing about them.

Adventures of Ana and Owen Solo-Fel: New Young Jedi Knights

(though only one oc from that series has been popular in my latest jag/jaina series).

~aeryn

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Jae Angel, I have a question for you. I've started reading the story that you posted a link to here in this thread, and I read the character profile for Brodey. I want to read more about him, so do you have other stories about him, or with him? And, what is the chronological order to these? I'm a very organized type of person and I like to read things in the order that they happen. So, if the stories featuring him have an order (from like, his teenage years up to his early twenties/older years) I'd like to know.

The order of the stories listed in my bio is this (so far):

Worst. Roommate. Ever.
    Don't P*ss off the Dark Jedi
    Jaina's Drunken Night
    Jaina's Hungover Morning (still in the process of rewriting)
    Down the Sn'aala Hole We Go
    You're All I've Been Hoping For

I've got more planned, but not until I finish Sn'aala Hole. ;) And it'll be a while before I tackle something so long by myself. :p

Hope that helps! :)

And you read some of my stuff and liked Brodey, Emmi? Awwww shucks. [face_blush]

Jae Angel

21. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Thank you Jae Angel! I will be reading them as soon as I have time.

JB

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Oh, and JB, I found the motivation to update that short story that I linked to earlier in this thread. :)

Gosh, I haven't updated two things and done beta work all in the same day in . . . well, never! :p

Jae Angel

23. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I'll give you some details of my charators the next time I come here, though I don't want to reveal too much about them as it would spoil the story a little bit. Hopefully, it might convince a few of you to read it. I know I've been a bit of a cow lately and I sorry if I've upset anyone.

24. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
  25. Dark_lord_Ani

Jun 17, 2003
    Beg pardon for being stupid, but where in the world did you come with word Sn'aala?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.