main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Original Character Alliance (ANYONE WANT A NEW CHALLENGE???)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by tatooinewizard, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    Hi, I'm new to this thread. I have an original character in the making, I'm trying to write a trilogy and the first story is a base for her, where she came from, some problems that she would have growing up, and well I write anguish. And I am kind of worried about turning her into an anti-Mary Sue. I was wondering if you guys could help. I have a co-author but we are keeping things on a slow pace that I would like to pick up so I might be able to also get over the WB that is also in my other fics. So I could post the basics here, or should I PM them, help please.

edit: Oh no, I took your guys' 100, I am so sorry!!

2. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Neobi: No problem. I could have taken it any time I wanted to yesterday and didn't. Frankly this thread was really thriving but it's dropped off lately, so I'm glad to at least this at least got to 100... I hope someone will be able to provide adequate (oh, I can't spell that word now) help.

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I've been sidetracked, but I should be able to get another profile up pretty soon. :) When my computer died it kind of threw me for a loop! :p

Jae Angel

4. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'll get a profile up soon for my official timeline Cenev (includes Assassin's Chance but not Eternity). Got stuff I got to do first.

5. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Just for S's & G's I'm posting this. I don't know about anybody else but I rarely read them. Oh well, here goes.

Character Profile Worksheet

Basic Statistics

Name: Felix Cabrool

First Appearance: Scheduled to appear in Clone Wars era story tentatively titled ?Regrets? Stay tuned.

Race: Human

Hometown: Coruscant

Current Residence: Jedi Temple

Income:

Talents/Skills: Good Force skills with animals. Good at Jedi mind control i.e. Jedi Mind Whammy

Salary:

Birth order: ?

Siblings (describe relationship): ?

Spouse (describe relationship): none

Children (describe relationship): none

Grandparents (describe relationship): ?

Grandchildren (describe relationship): ?

Significant Others (describe relationship): none

Relationship skills: Loner. Has no friends except former Master Cai Botor.

Physical Characteristics:

Height: 6?

Weight: 160 pounds

Race: Human

Eye Color:

Hair Color: White

Glasses or contact lenses? No

Skin color: White

Shape of Face: Blocky with triangular chin.

Distinguishing features: Is an albino.

How does he/she dress? In black Jedi apparel.

Mannerisms: Usually doesn?t make eye contact except when doing the Jedi Mind Whammy or when someone is staring, then he stares back, usually resulting in embarrassment to the other party for staring.

Habits: (smoking, drinking etc.)

Health: Good health.

Hobbies: Enjoys taming and training animals.

Favorite Sayings:

Speech patterns:

Disabilities:

Style (Elegant, shabby etc.): Simple. Black.

Greatest flaw: Low self image due to childhood teasing about being albino.

Best quality: His word. A promise made is a promise kept.

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes

Educational Background: Educated at the Jedi Temple.

Intelligence Level: Highly intelligent.

Any Mental Illnesses? No.

Learning Experiences:

Character's short-term goals in life:

Character's long-term goals in life:

How does Character see himself/herself? As an unwanted, unloved freak of nature.

How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others? As an unwanted, unloved freak of nature.

How self-confident is the character? When it comes to dealing with people not much. When it comes to matters of the Force or mind very confident.

Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof? Mostly logic.

What would most embarass this character?

Emotional Characteristics

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Introvert or Extrovert? Highly introverted.

How does the character deal with anger? Usually doesn?t get angry but when he does he calls on his Jedi training to calm himself.

With sadness? Likes to be alone when sad.

With conflict?

With change?

With loss? Winds up sad.

What does the character want out of life?

What would the character like to change in his/her life? Would love to be ?normal.?

What motivates this character? Work ethic mostly. Works at being a Jedi because that is all he knows.

What frightens this character? Getting close to other people. Other people have hurt him too many times.

What makes this character happy? The quiet, free feeling he gets when the sun comes around a planet when he is all alone in the cockpit of a Jedi starfighter.

Is the character judgmental of others? Not judgmental but a pretty good judge.

Is the character generous or stingy? Generous.

Is the character generally polite or rude? Generally reserved which can be taken for rudeness but overall has the typical Jedi politeness.

How the Character is Involved in the Story

Character's role in the novel (main character? hero? heroine? Romantic interest? etc.): Main character/Hero?

Scene where character first appears:

Relationships with other characters:

1. Character's Nam

6. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    lordmaul: Umm... what's S's and G's? Anyway I'll of course be reading this story when you start posting it, and I already like the main character.

7. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    S's and G's: ****s and Giggles. Or ****s and Grins. I love that phrase. :D

I decided I wouldn't post it until I had it all written and typed up so it could be awhile. I'd say a couple weeks at the earliest, month, month and a half at the outside.

lordmaul13

8. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Okay, well thanks to lordmaul (I guess I lied, the computer is working obviously) I've decided to start a challenge as an attempt to CPR some life into this thread.

Okay, the first one is going to be very unorganized perhaps. It's just a thought. The challenge invloves writing about a new OC. One that you might not know even exists or one that you've been kicking around in you head but you haven't written a word about. Is this too difficult? Anyway the character can be anything: a Jedi, a Sith, a politican, a smuggler, a bounty hunter, and anything you can think of in between.

This challenge has a bonus part, try to set the scene in some place unknown to the movies or established EU. That's easy for me to say when I've thus far created 12 (major and minor)planets, some I haven't written about yet, some I've only mentioned, others I've went into great detail about. Well, 12 that I can think of anyway.

So this is my challenge. I hope you all enjoy this and that it intrigues and inspires you.

9. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    I just have a couple questions about your challenge.

1. Do we have a time limit?

2. Where do we post it? Here? In the thread it blongs and link to it? Where?

I think I'll try to accept it, just depends if there's a time limit and how long it is.

JB

10. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh! Short story challenge! Yayness!

*will write a story about Kat*

11. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    Just depends if I get the inspartion. Can it be an already established OC or do you have to make a new one up?

Okay I was going to post something about my stroy but I forgot to put it on the disc.

12. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I have another idea. Why don't I make us our own messageboard, for stories like this? I can't post the short story I'll write, because it goes with Shades of Green and would have major spoilers. How does a message board to go with the website sound?

Memo: Any info that you would like to appear under your name on the website, please send to me VIA PM.

13. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    JB: A time limit... Never thought of that. A few weeks? Is that good for you? He can post it here, then on the thing that Darklighter's making.

Darklighter: Cool idea.

emimar: Well somebody you've not established would be good, but if you are having trouble you can write about a charatcer that nobody knows very much about.

If I take my own challenge, it'll end up being an excerpt. I can't write anything short.

14. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Hmmm.... here comes Dominov Rin...

15. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, good idea! If we want our own OC board then why not host it ourselves on a different site? :D

I'll have to think a little more about whether I want to create a new OC or just develop a character that only had a name before. I did that with Gramps for my most recent story, so I guess I can try it again. :)

Jae Angel

16. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    Hmmm, seems a better idea than I thought it would be.

Here's an excerpt from my upcoming fic that kind of fits the bill.

Felix was ushered into the prime minister?s office. ?I am Jedi Knight Felix Cabrool,? he introduced himself.

Prime Minister Tristan rose from behind his massive desk. Even in the cool of his dimly lit office sweat beaded on the dark skin of his forehead. He extended a meaty hand for a handshake and introduced himself. ?I suppose you?re wondering at all the cloak and blade stuff, eh?? Tristan said.

In a word; yes, Felix thought. He merely nodded his head, letting the other man get to the subject in his own time.

?Where to begin?? the large man asked in a why me fashion. ?One week ago today agents of the Confederacy approached me and more or less told me to support Berea?s inclusion in the Confederacy or else. I told them I couldn?t do that as I don?t believe it?s what?s best for Berea. As soon as they left I contacted the Republic so that they would be aware of the situation. Two days ago my daughter was abducted from my home. I love the Republic? but I love my daughter more. Today is Monday. There is a vote on the issue of joining the Confederacy scheduled for Friday. If I don?t have my daughter back by Thursday evening I?ll support the Confederacy on Friday.?

?Then I had better find your daughter,? Felix said.

?I had hoped you would say that,? Tristan said with a sad smile. He handed over a datacard. ?I was able to do a little tracking. I have a file prepared on my daughter and her probable location. There is a suspected Confederacy base in the heart of Beren?s Woods. All the evidence suggests my daughter is there. Good luck, Master Jedi.?

There?s no such thing as luck, Felix thought. ?I?ll have your daughter back, safe and sound, by Thursday evening,? he said. Without another word he stood and strode silently out.

So there it is.

lordmaul13

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    *wanders in*

I'm working on a couple fics that are full of OCs. One focuses on a group of OCs while the other has an original supporting cast.

18. Dark_lord_Ani

Dark_lord_Ani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Ack! My defincincy in writing, short stories. Oh, crap, but I'll try anyway.

19. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Dark_lord_Ani: It doesn't have to be a short story. You can just post an excerpt.

lordmaul: You're a genius. And that excerpt looks interesting. Definitely will be reading that one.

20. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    A genius! [face_blush] [face_blush]

lordmaul13

21. Dark_lord_Ani

Dark_lord_Ani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Thank God.

*is happy* I have something to do on vacation.

22. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Dark_lord_Ani: Always happy to oblige, anyway I can't write short stories any more myself. The only way I even get short stories any more is if I find a big story that I only have intrest in writing for a brief period. Like I only write the prologue and it can stand on its own or something.

23. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    Note: This sheet reflects the amount of work I did on making up this character - and that was not very much. At this point, I was quite unexperienced in writing stories.

Character Profile Worksheet

Basic Statistics

Name: Noola Onla / Noola?olan (Clan Name)

First Appearance: ?Lando ?Hammerhead? Iquanauq und die Verliese des Jabba? (German, unpublished, unfinished) , Bib Fortuna?s End (being a part of if the longer story) [look at the annotations of ?Bib Fortuna?s End for more information on this Adventure]
    Bib Fortuna's End.

Race: Twi?lek (German Zwi?lek)
    Hometown: Same as Oola?s
    Current Residence: unknown, perhaps Ryloth
    Income: unknown, but partly from the treasures found
    Talents/Skills: stealth, combat, a bit dancing, but never as good as her sister Oola
    Salary: unknown
    Birth order: unknown, Sister of Oola , possibly of about the same age, if not younger
    Siblings (describe relationship): unknown, apart from the fact that she is the sister of Oola
    Spouse (describe relationship): Aldán Donól, artist, she got to know during the adventure described in the ?first appearance? section

Children (describe relationship): none
    Grandparents (describe relationship): unknown
    Grandchildren (describe relationship): unknown
    Significant Others (describe relationship):
    Relationship skills: unknown
    Physical Characteristics: slender but strong, very good trained, but not experienced in combat. In the ?First appearance?, this is her first ?mission?.
    Height: about the same height as Oola
    Weight: about the same as Oola
    Race: Twi?lek (german Zwi?lek)
    Eye Color: green
    Hair Color: none
    Glasses or contact lenses? none
    Skin color: same as Oola
    Shape of Face: similar, but a bit more thin
    Distinguishing features: strong will, will pursue everything if determined to do so
    How does he/she dress? at the time of the adventure described in the ?first appearance section?, a very well fitting green-brown / olive-coloured suit often used for military
    Mannerisms: unknown
    Habits: (smoking, drinking etc.) unkown
    Health: very strong and well trained, although she doesn?t look like this
    Hobbies: unkown, apart from being together with her spouse
    Favorite Sayings: unknown
    Speech patterns: unknown
    Disabilities: none
    Style (Elegant, shabby etc.): rather elegant, like a blade-dancer : deadly, but somehow beautiful to male Twi?lek
    Greatest flaw: loss of her sister, being almost kidnapped at early youth (a quite traumatic experience for her)
    Best quality: strong loyalty to those who love her

Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes
    Educational Background: unknown
    Intelligence Level: quite high
    Any Mental Illnesses? none
    Learning Experiences: having learned the loyalty of others who trust her
    Character's short-term goals in life: earn money for a living
    Character's long-term goals in life: her last long-term goal was finding her sister - in which she didn?t succeed, now she hasn?t any long-term goal apart from living together with her spouse
    How does Character see himself/herself? strong but with weak points in her past
    How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others? apart from those she already knows ans trusts, she doesn?t take care of this
    How self-confident is the character? very much, except in the field of emotion, apart from her ?weak spot? being almost kidnapped in her early youth.
    Does the character seem ruled by emotion or logic or some combination thereof? rather by emotion, except when delicate preciseness is needed (for example disarming bombs, traps and so on). She has nearly no experience in feeling sympathy towards others; in that field; this is a field he still has, emotionally, that is, to learn.
    What would most embarass this character? love, sympathy

Emotional Characteristics
    Strengths/Weaknesses: see above
    Introvert or Extrovert? rather extro
    How does the character deal with anger? t

24. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    Hey, I came uo with the website or message board idea first, or at least I think I did!

25. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Do we describe the character or write a story that describes the character?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.