main
side
curve

The Original Character Story Database

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by -Z-, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Z-

-Z- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 2003
    Terr_Mys - Sure. Sounds like an idea to me. I'd put short descriptions in the actual list, but that might disorganize it a bit; feel free to throw in a nice description when you post a story for listing, though.

2. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    You can find links to my OC stories in my bio. I've not been able to work on them for sometime because I've had college work to do and I've been working on the OC and Minor character website.

3. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    emimar - Added, added, added, and added! I'll have to check out that website...

4. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    emimar - that website looks like it's shaping up nicely. Great idea...I hope a lot of us OC story writers find our way there. ;)

For anyone who's interested, my OC fic [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/12810429/?31]Dawn of Legends[/link] on the Saga board focuses around the life of Terr Mys (yes, the source of my username), a young pilot in the Rebel Alliance whose foster father is an old swordfighting Bothan named Baaka. The story opens with the Bothans who stole the plans for the Second Death Star, mentioned by Mon Mothma in ROTJ. The plans make it safely to the Rebel base on Bothawui but Imperial pursuit and invasion results in a fierce battle that forces the Rebels to flee. Terr and fellow pilot and friend Sorcha Da-Wee combat Imperial forces, but a sinister force in the Empire seems to thwart their every victory. The story parallels that of ROTJ, and provides a unique perspective on the fall of the Empire, as well as a look at the existence of the Force after the return of the Jedi.

//end shameless self-promotion. ;) I really hope to find some great OC-centric stories on the list; they may be buried, but they're out there!

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Unfortunately, I'm in China without the personal comp on which I have everything saved, so working on my fics is a bit of a problem. To make things easier, the story of Tych_sel's is Shroud and TK's OC fics are all on her website (in her profile).

6. ladyrebelsw1983

ladyrebelsw1983 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2002
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16371616] A Baby Named Janaree [/link]

By Lady Rebel

CHARACTERS.
    Han/Leia/OC: Janaree Organa Solo

TIME PERIOD.
    Post-RotJ, taking place after "The Truce At Bakura"

SUMMARY.
    This is a sequel to Cheree Cargill's excellent story Choice. Han and Leia reclaim the baby they conceived on Bespin and return to the Alliance. How will Han and Leia deal with having a baby daughter and keep the baby a secret?

7. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Thanks for starting this index!

Please add my OC story, [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/16382199/?15]On the Shoulders of Giants[/link] to the Beyond the Saga list.

Thanky, thanky.

8. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Here's an OC/Far Future story that must be read by everyone...

Spike2002's epic [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14163772]Way of the Truth[/link]

9. trfcrugby

trfcrugby Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2004
    My first story using 99% OC's:

Jedi Betrayal
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/16400159/?15

10. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi -Z-. Cool idea.
    I've got a story in the BeyondTS Forum called The Mantrusian Affair that centres on an OC. It's at http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11021093 and it's in progress.
    Cheers :)
    Tahi

11. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    Whew! Sorry for the downtime. Adelphia tore up the cable in this area to add a new section. Just came back online today. Good news is they cut my bill for the month.

One moment while I get these stories added...

12. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    ladyrebelsw1983 - How will Han and Leia deal with having a baby daughter and keep the baby a secret? Canon fic. Sorry.

Arin_Atona - Added, and welcy welcy. :)

DarkDroid - Added it!

trfcrugby - Added!

Tahi - Had to read through that one--in the end I added it. Lots of canon characters, but all in supporting roles. That makes the grade in my book (good story, BTW, have it bookmarked now).

Thanks for the submissions, everyone. Keep 'em coming!

13. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    Just put up a new one:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16435177&replies=6]Reminders[/link] It goes in Beyond the Saga.

14. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Cool - thanks -Z-. :)

15. ladyrebelsw1983

Dec 25, 2002
    Z-
    I politely disagree about "A Baby Named Janaree" being primarily a cannon fic. While Janaree Organa-Solo (OC) may not having an active role, she is present in every scene and the basis for the story plot, why without her, there'd be no story. Would you please give it second thought? Still, if you choose not to archive it, I will respect your decision and will not disagree further.
    Lady Rebel

16. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    CommanderConrad - Added!

Tahi - No problem. Always a pleasure.

ladyrebelsw1983 - The point of contention with me is that she doesn't have an active role. She's the basis for the plot, but doesn't drive the plot--Han and Leia do. I sympathize, but this story is canon-character oriented, IMHO. :(

(PS - Very diplomatic answer. :) You can disagree further if you'd like, and I'm willing to hear the opinions of others regarding this and other potential story additions to the database as well.)

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I also think it's canon. Han and Leia are the main characters being changed and going through ordeals, not the girl.

18. CommanderConrad

Jan 30, 2003
  19. ladyrebelsw1983

Dec 25, 2002
    -Z-
    That's ok, I'll list my story elsewhere. I'm just needing trying to improve the story and looking for constructive criticism from fans. (And yes, I've been over to the constructive criticism thread.)
    Lady Rebel

20. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Don't want this to sink too far. It's been entirely too helpful!

21. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
  22. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    Judging from the reduction in the number of submissions, I gather we've gotten most of the in-progress--and at least a decent amount of the completed/older Original Character stories--listed and sorted by now.

High five!

'course, I'm sure there are more out there lurking. I'm trying to keep an eye out.

I'm really pleased with the way the list has turned out so far. There's enough reading material there to keep us all busy for a while. Thanks for all the stories!

Hopefully it's got a ways yet to grow before it's finished. :)

23. CommanderConrad

Jan 30, 2003
    Here goes another one for you, Z:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/16565517/?0]Goodnight Coruscant[/link]

24. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    Added!

25. CommanderConrad

Jan 30, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.