main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Original Character Story Database

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by -Z-, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I'd appreciate if you could add this story to the database, -Z-.

The Martyrs

Thanks. :)

*Derisa*

2. -Z-

-Z- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 2003
    Added, under "The Saga" list!

3. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I don't know how I missed this thread...

Here's the first half of my OC's duology
    It's in the Beyond the Saga era.

Betrayal From the Past

-Katha

4. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Wow!! I just found this thread out, and I have not been active in posting my story, because no one is reading it! I found my home!! I found my calling!!!

Ok, my story is here:

[link:http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/14526179]The Gul'dan Choronicles[/link]

I'd love to see an updated list of all the OC stories out there. Looks like there is a lot of them.

5. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Wow!! I just found this thread out, and I have not been active in posting my story, because no one is reading it! I found my home!! I found my calling!!!

Ok, my story is here:

The Gul'dan Choronicles

I've gotten the first six chapters onboard, but if someone wants more, let me know. I've got four more in the wings, and four after that in draft form...

yes, I've been at this story for a while...

6. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999
    Oh, halleluja, we are not alone! All but one of the fics I'm working on are OC. (Unfortunately, the only fic currently in posting stage is the canon one, but hey--!)

I'm so glad you started this thread, Z. I've always felt that, while canon stories can be nice, a playground the breadth and scope of the SW galaxy deserves our best efforts as authors (ie--original characters). It's hard to convince everyone else of that, though...which is why this is such a great thread.

Incidentally, I love your intro, Z. Wickedly clever. ;)

Soon as I wrap up my "Elementary" fic, I'll start posting one of my OCs. Meanwhile, I'm going to check out those listed here already! :D

7. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    katha - It's easy to miss threads when they're buried four pages down. ;) Story is added!

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan - I bet for every one person who posts in a story thread, there are five more who are reading and lurking. Lordy knows I'm guilty of that myself. Story's added!

Frostfyre - Thanks! I honestly thought this thread would die pretty quickly, but I'm really glad it's turned out the way it has. I'm sure if I hadn't started it, eventually someone else would have.

Concerning canon stories, that's my view, too. It's our duty as fans to expand the universe. It may be Lucas's creation, but it's our playground. :)

I needed to think of a diplomatic way to write that intro. Get it? Diplomatic? And it's a parody of the Declaration of Indepence? Hah. I crack myself up.

...not really.

Looking forward to reading one of your OC fics and adding it to the database!

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I just started my first attempt at an all original characters in the main roles story on the Saga boards. [face_worried]

Learning to See

9. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
  10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Witness, which I'm currently in the process of writing, can be found here http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/16438613/

All characters are original, unless stated. So there's another to add to the list :)

11. Talonah

Talonah Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 29, 2004
  12. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    Thanks for the submissions, everyone!

All are added. :)

13. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Whew! This thing was way too low on the board for such a great idea! I've begun the posting of another fanfic:

Galaxy Noir

It's in the Saga forum.

Thanks in advance, -Z-.

14. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Beyond the Saga: Queen's Gamble by Tych_sel. He just put it up, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be OC because the prequel had lots of OC's in it.

15. EsperVeum

EsperVeum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2004
    Huge newbie at writing fan fictions, here's mine:

Timeline: Before The Saga

Trading Lives - http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/16917783/?1

16. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    Sorry I've been off so long. DRL.

The_Face - The link doesn't seem to be working. I'll see if I can find it.

SilSolo - I'll go read it, sounds like a good lead.

EsperVeum - Added!

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=17112324&replies=0
    This is the OC ABC game that I created to go along with this listing. I hope you like it.

18. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
  19. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    SilSolo - I'm putting a link to the thread in with the list. Should make a good resource for people struggling to find a character whose name begins with Q, X, or Z. :)

Lusa_Thul - This is a canon fic, IMHO. Zekk appears to be the main character and focus of the story, with an OC in a supporting role.

20. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
  21. JaersteinCysse

JaersteinCysse Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    all the ones in my sig are OC. Change in Plans is in Beyond. Veiled Fate is Before

I'll have to get links to the other two that got cut off in my sig

Thanks

22. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    Thanks for the submissions!

All are added, including one from JediMaster_Jen that works as an excellent example of walking the fine line between canon/OC whilst managing to not step over it. If you've got a fic you want added to the list that includes canon characters, and you're not sure if I'll add it or not, check out her story in Beyond the Saga for a fic that manages to stay OC-centric with a canon-dotted cast.

23. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    I have an OC in the Saga forum. "Clone Wars, The Hunt", but I haven't added to it for a while due to lack of readers and replies. But hey maybe this will help. If anyone wants to update it let me know and I will. Just kind of tired of doing all that work for nothing. Link is in my signature

24. -Z-

Dec 20, 2003
    Story is added, boady! Don't let your lack of readers get you down. I do sympathize. I've pretty much stopped updating my stories in progress as well, though I do (did?) have a couple fans of Nothing Squadron. If you write it, they will come. It may only be a couple, but a couple satisfied readers is all a good writer should ask for. And if they don't come, and prefer to keep reading rehashed angsty stories with predeveloped canon characters, then hey, we can console ourselves with the rationalization that our angst is at least original-character angst. :)

25. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Don't get down folks. OC writing takes real imagination and creativity. Plus, try and remember that even if people aren't posting feedback, they are reading.

Don't get discouraged. Keep posting your stories. I'll be reading them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.