main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE ORIGINAL SIN

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    The Motel

Rufus felt a cold shiver run down his spine when he saw her. It was not that surprising she showed up actually. Had she not always followed trouble and been a sign of death like a rider of the apocalypse?

He put the M5 right around his shoulder and brought it to his back, but instead got out his automatic, loaded it through and put it into his belt. Then he stood up and slowly walked up behind her.

"I'd say long time no see, but truth is we technically meet for the first time. Right?" He asked. "Hey Lilly." He smiled and realized how completely he had forgotten how breathtaking her beauty was.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @DarkLordoftheFins

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Lilith
    The Motel

She knew where he was; she always knew. Even if she didn't, she knew the sound of his footsteps; that not quite scuff as he dragged his boots for half-a-second longer than someone else; the way he breathed, and huffed, and sighed; the way the wind sounded in his hair. She wanted him to sneak up on her, from behind, as if recounting a memory that had never been.

A voiceless memory.

A ghost.

"Hey Rufus," Lilith said, almost breathlessly.

For a terrible moment, she couldn't remember what she used to call him. He said Lilly, even after everything. "I guess it is the first time..." A slight grin came to her. "Seems like I've forgotten a lot of what happened before, and yet, not. Even me, your Lilly." She said that unironically, loving the rediscovery of how he felt to her, even though they had yet to touch.

She didn't turn; she didn't want to see him - she wanted to experience him.

Her eyes were almost mundane to her... and his eyes were what connected him to her.

She savoured the moment.

It wouldn't last, after all.

TAG: @Sir_Draco

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Markus Jethro Flinkman
    Alster Tower, Penthouse Office

Everything was smooth, everything was easy. He felt like a lamb being shepherded to a fleecing and a slaughter without a care that it was so. Only he knew what it was, it was a gift, an ordination, and his damnation. All for the love of one, his daughter. The truths that his guide Anthony yet shared were like vinegar to his wounds, a salve that should be healing that yet burned all the worse for the truths he knew it held.

The plane ride over they had passed in silence to Karl's abode, to that very devil. Exonerated from the sins that everyone remembered, but the effects had not been lasting. A travesty of justice that slapped in the face any notion of emotional or mental trauma counting as anything.

"Hello Markus." Karl said without turning. Of course the man knew he was here, it was his building, but Markus as he waved reflexively and somewhat fearfully at the man's back had to wonder if he should be doing anything at all.

"Looks like the game might have been fundamentally changed, but the players always remain the same. Maybe we should have abandoned her back there in Hamburg, hm?" Karl turned half. "No. it would not have helped. We did not know who she was, but she had become it nevertheless. So after all those years, what brings the worlds most truthful blogger to my door?"

That was a slap in the face or a pat on the back, Markus wasn't sure what he should take it as. As his guide was silent he knew this was his moment. "She sent me." He said, with barely a crack in his voice. Grunting a little to clear it he continued. "I had reservations, and She sent me to you for your help. To kill Her." It was hard to say, and it weighed upon him heavily.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen , @DarkLordoftheFins

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    His office

"Kill her?" Karl was a little irritated for a moment and wished it did not show so much. Being human for a while had made him very vulnerable to emotions. He turned around fully to Markus then and stepped forward.

"Why do you want to kill her?" He asked directly and shook his head. "Who would replace her anyway? You? Me?" He laughed out loud. "Really, we could have done worse than her."

His return to his old form, had it something to do with this? Was it punishment? Bribery? Distraction? Being eternal was curse and blessing the same time, but the rules had changed. Maybe the blessing part was not what it was used to be.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto, @DarkLordoftheFins

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Markus Jethro Flinkman

He was shocked, open mouthed at the response that he received from Karl. The devil should not need convincing when you are going to kill the controlling deity. Yet here he was being forced to play devils advocate to the devil. If that wasn't a questionable situation for one's sanity and life choices he was not sure what was.

Still, he had to. "It's either we do so, or she wants to scrap humanity. Reset reality and let a new creation have a go. I was offered to stand by her side and watch it all go, but. . ." he choked waving his hand for a moment. "I - I -I couldn't let go of my daughter." he said with a sigh. Of all the painful truths and weakness' to share with the worst of the worst.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen , @DarkLordoftheFins

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    Bureau, Alster Tower, Hamburg

Karl closed his eyes and then ... he laughed. "Oh Markus, I got the feeling she will be pretty sad about you. The last descent man on earth is joining humanity and their darkest impulses." Karl went over to the couch and with a gesture offered Markus a spot where he could overview the city as he sat with his back to the panorama and took a cigarette out of his jacket. He finally decided to not light it.

"She tries to avoid it. She tries to save humanity by committing suicide by humans." He smirked. "Still a human psyche there. You were wondering if any shred of humanity survived omniscience? I was." He shrugged. "She is offering a false mercy of course. She does not save humanity, she dooms everything else."

He sighed. "Half." He then said. "You know that half of all lifeforms of this planet have vanished since my arrival? They are not sentinent of course. So they are not as valuable as we are, are they?" Karl smiled. "Lucky for you guys you have had the privilege to invent the criteria of that."

Karl finally leaned back. "So you are sentinent and empowered by free will. Humanity could have done anything, ANYTHING, yet you guys eradicated half of this planets life and considering how good you have become at it will end the rest within a hundred years. Until you vanish yourself and the cockroaches and rats take over, having outlived you by being able to adapt." Karl shook his head. "So here you are. A human being considering eradicating humanity a great evil probably. Personally disastrous! Your precious daughter! The thought of it being a mercy on everything but humanity might not even have crossed your mind. Then we got Laura Blohm, successor of the guy creating all of this and still so much a human being she rather ceases to exist than do the only thing that makes sense." Karl folded his hands and again shook his head.

"There was a test , Markus. A game. It might not have been fair and not have been easy, but truth is you ... humanity ... failed. But instead of facing the consequences, you wanna shoot the referee." He gave him a bitter laugh. "Very, very human indeed."

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Markus Jethro Flinkman

Markus could feel the shame burning inside him at this, Karl's, judgments upon him. A liar and a killer he might be, but he felt somehow he deserved the damnation that this man now issued upon him. He took a seat on the couch and listened in abject silence and acceptance of this others judgement. It was after all nothing he had not already found against himself. The view was lost on him, although he was thankful the other had not lit the cigarette.

Next was the broad strokes by Karl, the survival of a perceived human mindset in omniscients. Was that true? She had said she had given him his gift as a memory of what she was, as far as he was concerned that meant he was like a cherished memory saved in some animate form that was also frozen as though in amber as the rest of the world began it's journey. Suicide by humans though, was a term he did not like. It felt wrong somehow, just as the judgement of half passing due to humans also flowed off him like water to a duck. It was too abstract even if arbitrarily true.

"There was a test , Markus. A game. It might not have been fair and not have been easy, but truth is you ... humanity ... failed. But instead of facing the consequences, you wanna shoot the referee." Karl gave him a bitter laugh. "Very, very human indeed."

"I - " he stated haltingly as he raised a hand, lowered it with a sigh before he continued. "I do not think humanity is anything worth saving, my sin is greater than that." he simply stated as he looked at Karl and Anthony. "I agreed with her on wiping away humanity, only on my daughter, on that point did I shirk, did I shrink away from lauding her will be done." He shook his head at that. "You say a hundred years, I say that is too optimistic. We will last a thousand more, gasping, clawing, and scraping at survival until I am sure not even the rats survive due to us. Or we might scrape by the great filter and finally become something of note." he shook his head as he now leaned back into the couch. There was no subtlety here, there was no guile, they were well past such things at this late hour. "I begged for my daughter and instead I was handed a dagger. I wanted her to have a life or to be saved before the final ending was drawn on humanity. That is the depth of my sin and I was sent and told that you would help me do the horror of the deed."

Lifting his eyes to look at the man he wondered if this was how it would end. How it had to, with him sent on a fools errand so at least he would not be there to see what happened to his daughter when the world ended. This time he would suffer baring witness. "You betrayed God once and killed him to bring about this world of humans, we were allowed to kill so many and so much whilst he was still here. How much more did we destroy once he was gone? How much did you egg on? You applaud the final end of a game that you have been trying destroy for thousands of years, caring not what a new world imagined by someone still tainted by humanity will look like. What your new part in it might be. Which of us is more human in this Karl?" He simply asked and waited.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

8. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    The Motel

Rufus couldn‘t help himself but sigh. She was as breathtaking and dangerous as he remembered her. It was the woman he loved and who he left behind to die by the hands of this monster. It was the woman he had spend a night in Nepal, that had made any other woman uninteresting for him for many years. Until today actually. He had hoped to see her again countless times and had prayed he never would about as often.

„I wish they had not send you.“ He said in calm resignation. He was not blinded enough to consider her appearance as coincidence. They always send a friend. Someone you could trust, someone you would not shoot right away. Well, if she was still her old self shooting her would not have the effect it should.

„You cannot have her. Nobody can have her. I know what you want to do with her.“ He said and his hand closed tightly around his gun. „Please,do not try to get her.“

Tag: @Sinrebirth

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lilith
    Motel

Rufus was thinking, and Lilith knew that he wouldn't fall for her surprise appearance.

„I wish they had not send you.“

It didn't stop her visibly twitching as he said that, in such a sad way. Lilith turned dot look at him.

„You cannot have her. Nobody can have her. I know what you want to do with her.“
    He said and his hand closed tightly around his gun; he didn't hide it from her, even though he knew that it wouldn't stop her. „Please,do not try to get her.“

Lilith looked at Rufus, slowly, remembering his curves and edges, his rough exterior and rough heart, and yet the suppleness that ran around him and through him, as if his principles were light, and his body was merely surrounding his essence.

"I don't want her," she said, flatly. She didn't; not really. "I came here to see you."

She worked her mouth. I've missed you, I think, was what she wanted to say, because she wasn't sure just what was holding her to him, not after all these years of living. But what she said was instead. "It's not safe for us to talk out here. I've been sent, and I bet he'll come for us if I don't hand over the girl-thing after long."

"So if we're going to catch up, we need to get on with it."

Lilith took a step forward, but made no move to stop him shooting her.

If he didn't trust her, she wouldn't blame him, in the circumstances. But again she jolted with realisation; that she trusted him.

What a maddening man.

10. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    Motel

He wondered for a moment of he could trust her. He had never answered this question yes, yet t had been him who betrayed er in the end.

"Who is it who wants to kill her?" He lowered his gun. "Why is she so important? It is all about her, is it? It was back then and it is now." He sighed. She was so breathtaking beautiful. He wanted to storm over there and kiosks her and hold her sonstiger she might scream from it. But he did not allow this to happen. He knew what this was and he knew he would probably die again for what he had to do. Unseen by anyone he was again alone saving the world. Not entirely alone this time. Lilly was here.

11. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    Alster Tower, Hamburg

He gave Markus a long and hard look and finally nodded. "You do not need to remind me of my sins." He sighed. "I remember them all too clearly. But ever would I have raised my hand against my creator. Such madness I am not capable of. It was my brother who did this. The one you have always known as the Adversary. The Devil. I think he called himself Milton nowadays." Karl leaned back. "The process is simple though. Everything can be named in the original language and speaking ones name gives you power." Karl smiled. "Destroy a name and it destroys the thing." Karl leaned forward. "So your daughter might life if you find and destroy the name of creation. But where can we find it?"

"In Washington Stare, USA." Tony said who had been sitting silently at the side. It was probably only now Markus understood that Karl was not seeing him.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Motel

"Who is it who wants to kill her?"
    Rufus said, lowering his weapon. "Why is she so important? It is all about her, is it? It was back then and it is now."

He sighed, but Lilith found herself wondering if he sighed about her. She hoped so; and a flush entered her cheeks. Once again, she refocused, but even then, she wasn't sure what she was doing here.

Had she just wanted to see him again?

"His name is Milton, and he's... like me. But worse. Deranged, even. The woman, she knows something, a thing which can End the World, if used that way." Lilith worked her jaw again, at a loss of words. She was sidetracked by him. The things that made him Rufus. His mouth; his jawline; his eyes - that intelligent expression that was now glazed over with fatalism. Without another word, Lilith stepped closer to him.

"Can we talk about this later?"

She tried to keep her usage of the word 'later' completely bereft of anything telling.

If Milton interfered, she would simply claim that she had been trying to get close to the girl without causing a scene.

Whether that was true or not, she couldn't decide.

Lilith was on a knife edge... between the ancient, otherworldy entity that she had been for centuries, the paragon of scorn, wiles, the eternally murderous femme fatale... between that person...

And Lily.

She had liked being Lily.

13. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Update 8 (last one was actually 7)

Martin‘s Beach, Beach

„One cannot rely on those who historically have been unreliable, don‘t you agree?“ Milton asked, standing barefooted at the beach, feeling the water around his feet and the lower end of his suit trousers getting wet. The man behind him said nothing.

„The girl without a mouth has to die, if I cannot have her. They always had to die. I remember what she said about them back then in Africa. See, I send you like sheep to the wolves.“ Milton laughed. „That is me. The wolf. Lilith is more like a fox. You my friend, you are a dragon. A sheep should not be a problem for you right?“ He sighed. „A mysterious thing how I regained my powers. It is almost as if she wants me to play a role and I think I finally figured out what it is. She wants to die.“ He turned. „So Who does God turn to if he wants to be slain? The Devil.“ He turned to the man. „A great mistake, actually. She should have turned to you, murderer of murderers, king of all kings, wanderer of this earth. You longed to kill God for a long time, did you? Like the grim reaper, finally reaping the one he cannot reach.“

The man looked at him and smiled. „Yes.“ He said. It was all he said and it was all Milton needed to hear.

„Good hunting.“ He said and laughed as the sun was coming up.

Tag: @Sinrebirth and @Sir_Draco

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    Motel

He saw her come closer and he almost felt like screaming at her to stay away. He also felt like kissing her and embracing her. Funny enough the second one won. He took her hip, pulled her towards him and kissed her. He was fully aware she might ram a dagger into his side, but he did not care. If everything went to hell, he would prefer everything to go to hell while feeling her lips on his.

Finally he managed the impossible and let go of her. „I kinda missed you.“ He admitted and laughed at himself. Understatement of the century probably.

„Let me introduce you to a girl who really is not under suspicion to talk too much.“ He finally said. „You will see she is pretty harmless.“

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Markus Jethro Flinkman

Markus did his best to keep the stare-athon going, although he did fidget a bit under that harsh glare of Karl. Finally the man nodded. "You do not need to remind me of my sins." He sighed. "I remember them all too clearly. But ever would I have raised my hand against my creator. Such madness I am not capable of. It was my brother who did this. The one you have always known as the Adversary. The Devil. I think he called himself Milton nowadays." Karl leaned back. "The process is simple though. Everything can be named in the original language and speaking ones name gives you power." Karl smiled. "Destroy a name and it destroys the thing." Karl leaned forward. "So your daughter might life if you find and destroy the name of creation. But where can we find it?"

"In Washington Stare, USA." Tony said who had been sitting silently at the side. It was only now Markus understood that Karl was not seeing him, as Karl did not react at all to that revelation, and now that he thought about it, Karl had never looked at the man either. He had so hoped in a swelling delusion that this would be the end. His folly would vanish and he would be right with God and all would be alright if he accepted this meandering correction. Only now with those words and revelation he saw her hand firmly upon the moment and the blessing and curse of gaining a little more certainty and clarity in this terrible situation. For the sake of love he was being allowed to attempt this and every possible boon to make it possible was being given to him.

Markus cleared his throat a little to try at least a little to cover his discomfort as he looked at Tony and then the opposition direction of the room as he spoke to Karl. "Ever visited the Yanks? Washington State seems to be lovely this apocalypse. Well, not lovely, I mean it is. . .I meant that's where, well you know." he said with a heavy sigh as he put a hand up to smooth his hair back. Belatedly the thought that he needed a haircut ran through his mind before he dismissed the foolish notion.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Kiss

There was a meeting of lips and minds and emotions and souls and hearts. She hadn't realised just how much she had missed Rufus. Perhaps this was love, she wryly thought as they broke for air. "I kinda missed you." He admitted and laughed at himself, and Lilith laughed along too.

"Let me introduce you to a girl who really is not under suspicion to talk too much." He finally said. "You will see she is pretty harmless.“

"Yes, I'm eager to meet her and figure out what to do," Lilith said, striding after him while she cast her senses out for whatever malevolent intent stalked them.

"Preferably before Milton sends some Nasty to try and kill us all."

TAG: @Sir_Draco, @DarkLordoftheFins

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Update 9

The Motel Room

The girl was sitting on her bed, the gun Rufus had given her lying as far away as possible. She looked up as Rufus entered with Lilith and she was visibly scared at the sight of Lilith. Hard to say what she saw in her.

Picking up her little notebook she had found here she wrote down something quickly.

SHE IS ONE OF THEM.

The words she held up to Rufus, almost accusing him wither eyes of bringing her there.

Tag: @Sir_Draco, @Sinrebirth

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Motel Room

Sweeping in, Lilith's eyes took in the weapon and the run-down nature of the room, but she swiftly fixated on the terrified girl. She rushed to jot something down, and gestured with it at Rufus. Lilith reached over lazily and popped the notebook into her hand.

She snorted, and tossed it to him. "Go on. I'll keep watch."

Notwithstanding, she remained in the room, so that she could overhear - but she'd step out if need be.

19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    Motel Room

Rufus nodded to Lilith and sat down on the bed next to the girl. „I know, but shew saved my life more than once.“ He said. „I trust her.“ He finally admitted. Then he wondered what the girl exactly meant.

„What do you actually mean, THEM?“ He asked and pointed at the notepad. Rufus knew Lilith was not mortal, not in the strictest sense of human mortality. He also knew she was not like the three, he had read Finmann‘s blog on them a lot. She was something in between. Something else. The girl seem to know what that was.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @Sinrebirth

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Motel Room

Lilith sat next to Rufus, sure to put him between her and the girl, and managed to arrange her face into something that was the equivalent to benign innocence. It was hard; she'd not attempted to be harmless for a while. She too, was curious about the girls views on her... and of course sitting beside Rufus they could bump hips and arms.

She couldn't be blamed for a little manipulation, could she?

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Update 10

Motel, Martin‘s Beach

The girl took the notepad and wrote down a few words. Then she held it up so Rufus and Lilith could see it.

SHE IS IMMORTAL. SHE WAS MADE THAT WAY BY THOSE WHO DO NOT BELONG HERE. I THINK I AM HERE BECAUSE OF THEM.

She ripped the page off and wrote again. Then she held it up.

WE HAVE TO LEAVE. IF SHE IS HERE THE OTHERS ARE NOT FAR BEHIND.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Sir_Draco

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl
    Hamburg Office

Karl leaned back and gave a sigh.

"Seems this time you are one step ahead of me." He smiled. "My brother was sighted in that state. So you might not be the only one out there to kill a God." He shrugged. "Shall I get you there? My powers have been restored lately. A bit of a surprise. That's means my brothers powers have been restored too. I think you met Milton briefly in Africa, did you? If you think I am the devil, wait until you meet him. The Devil was actually modeled after him."

Antony smirked. "True. But sometimes it needs a Devil right? Especially if you go after God."

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

23. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Thomas Pfeiffer
    The Golem

Temptation.

The worst thing in the world was temptation. The girl was so willingly offering herself. So weak and vulnerable and she even looked a bit like Laura.

"You know what? We should go to my place. There is something I would like to show you." He sighed. "It is gonna make you understand."

Oh why? Why now?

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Motel Room

"She's not wrong about that, Rufus," Lilith said, sighing slightly. "I was sent here, as were those goons you shot up."

"But I've been given time to make my move. I would recommend we take it; rest up, and then head out fully-stocked and prepared."

The immortal eyed the mute girl. "Though I would not claim responsibility for what you are... and if Milton cannot get what he wants, he will destroy you... and probably half-a-continent." She recalled the words he had used. Lilith had loved him, once, but even by her standards... Milton was too far gone.

The Harbinger of Change. The pale rider of this specific incarnation of what you call so respectfully ... God.

The girl didn't feel like she was that important... but here they were. And if this was, and she wasn't a fool, she would need to speak to Rufus more, and maybe... accept a last moment with him before it all truly kicked off. She'd have to seize that moment with him.

"Um," Lilith tried the 'awkward girl' routine. "Could Rufus and I have a moment of privacy?"

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Markus Jethro Flinkman

Karl leaned back and gave a sigh.

"Seems this time you are one step ahead of me." He smiled. "My brother was sighted in that state. So you might not be the only one out there to kill a God." He shrugged. "Shall I get you there? My powers have been restored lately. A bit of a surprise. That's means my brothers powers have been restored too. I think you met Milton briefly in Africa, did you? If you think I am the devil, wait until you meet him. The Devil was actually modeled after him."

Antony smirked. "True. But sometimes it needs a Devil right? Especially if you go after God."

Markus looked at his feet and then back at the view before nodding. He was too far down the path now, it had been laid out too well. He could do nothing without muddling his own waters and risk acting the maggot more if he did not see this through until that final step, the final action of killing Laura. "Yes. I would be glad for your help." He simply stated as he began to feel rather numb, waiting to see what and how this now would happen.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen ,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.