main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Other Half of Me (post JAT AU L/M) - Updated. Completed. 11/26/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by J_M_Bulldog, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    obaona: I know what's going to happen . . . [/irritating singsong voice] [face_laugh] :p

May I say, you're all gonna love the next post. I love it, after all. Hehe, thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

EDIT: Oooh, 50 posts. Way more than I've ever gotten on one of my songfics. And look page 3 :cool: Thanks guys.

2. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :D

Part of this post was inspired by something my family does every once in awhile on holidays. Hee, perfect time to post it eh? The part is at the end of the first part.

This is for Greaser and all who have to work today.

On to the story, oh and it's present time ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~

?So you know,? Leia began without preamble.

?Know what, Excellency?? Kelly asked, unsure as to what Leia was referring to. Of course she knew that Brice was not there. She had just told everyone that. What could she possible know that would be of concern to the Chief of State?

?You know how my brother feels for Mara - and I suspect you can see how she feels for him,? Leia replied.

?Uh...? Kelly scratched behind her right ear, in confusion. She had suspected their feelings had run strong for each other, but really had not thought about it much. Her thoughts centered on finding Brice and not much of anything else was allowed to distract her.

?We must do something about that,? Leia said, suddenly, breaking Kelly?s thoughts.

?We, Excellency?? Kelly asked, her ears lowering to the sides to show her unease. Her furry tail, finally free of the flightsuit a nurse had given her after declaring Kelly?s own suit unfit to wear anymore, twitched under the skirt of her light blue ankle length dress. She had learned early in life little kids loved to yank on her tail and had chosen to cover it. While she did not believe the Chief of State?s kids would she was not taking any chances.

?Yes, we,? Leia replied, firmly. ?You can help me get a couple of stubborn nerfs to open their eyes.?

?Uh, Excellency, I?m honored that you would ask me to help, however I doubt that I can be of any assistance.? I certainly wasn?t any help to Brice or my parents.

?You and they will be spending some time together,? Leia said. ?I know this is coming out of a black hole but I believe you the one to ask. Trust me, this is strange for me too.?

Kelly was silent. On one hand she was awed that the Chief of State had asked her, a nobody from a two-bit, far-flung world, to help bring two obvious soulmates together. On the other hand, however she was fighting the urge to drag the Jedi and trader to the ship and demand they get going before she used them to sharpen her claws. She instantly banished that thought. No. I must be patient. They have other things to do before they can help me. I have to give them that chance.

They returned and answered none of the questioning looks sent their way. Leia sat back down next to Han and Kelly walked over to the brown case she had brought with her. Everyone forgot the impromptu meeting, watching as she took an odd shaped, black object that looked to have three sliver strings, strung from one end to the other, from the case. Kelly smiled and explained that it was a cet?er, a popular instrument on her homeworld. She set down and said that she wanted to pay them back for the kindness they had extended to her by singing them a song her father, who had taught her to play and had sung with her at times, had shown her.

?If you do not mind that is,? she added, fearful that she had stepped out of her place.

?No,? Leia said. ?Go ahead.?

Kelly nodded and launched into a song about her father?s hands. When she finished it Jaina stood and climbed into Han?s lap. Everyone watched as she grabbed both his hands in her tiny ones and intently examined them.

?Sweetie,? Han said, softly. ?What are you doing??

Jaina said nothing for a moment but just snuggled into her father?s chest. Han?s arms automatically encircled her tiny frame. A smile that could have lite up Coruscant spread across the young girl?s face.

?Jaina?? Han questioned. ?Are you okay??

?Yes,? came the muffled reply. ?I just wanted to see the love in your hands.?

Han smiled softly and looked up at Leia. Kelly smiled and turned away, letting them all have this family moment in what privacy she could give them. Turning back at the sound of someone standing she saw Leia, who had a smil

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great post! And nice present for Mara, too. Sad about Kelly's family.

The description of Kelly's tale reminded me both of John Candy's character on Spaceballs (Barf?), and the Cowardly Lion in the uniform of one of the witch's guards. :)

4. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    reply on my way out!

great postie!

can't wait to see luke and mara hook up.

yes, i am that impatient! ;)

i like where this story is going.

happy thanksgiving all

greaser

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    This was an incredible post. Great job BA!

~~Jilly

6. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    I have just found this story and I'm loving it!!! :D

Keep this up!!!

Have a happy Thanksgiving all of you!!! (you know, I'm spanish and we don't celebrate Turkey Day here, but I'm been saying that all day and I can't stop it now... :p )

7. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Jedi-2B: Great post!Thanks :D And nice present for Mara, too. Glad you liked. It wasn't Luke but I think she loved it just the same. Sad about Kelly's family. Yes, :(

The description of Kelly's tale reminded me both of John Candy's character on Spaceballs (Barf?), and the Cowardly Lion in the uniform of one of the witch's guards. Hmm, that's interesting. I have only seen part of Spaceballs, er the part one might see switching channels.

Greaser: great postie!Thanks, glad you liked it. can't wait to see luke and mara hook up. yes, i am that impatient! [face_laugh] :p They'll eventually get together, maybe [face_devil] i like where this story is going. I'm glad. It has some interesting twists and turns, but we'll eventually get to the end.

Mouse: This was an incredible post. Great job BA! Thanks, girl. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

Ireth_Tasatir: I have just found this story and I'm loving it!!! Welcome! :D Glad you're enjoying this. Keep this up!!! :) ;)

Small teaser :)
    When they reached the twin?s bedroom, Saber growled softly. Kelly got Ekewaka?s attention and pointed to the door. He nodded and Kelly pushed the button to open it. It slid silently to the side and what Kelly saw in the room made her blood boil. :eek: [face_devil] Find out Monday.

8. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    OH!!! [face_shocked] A spoiler...

And I have to wait til monday???? :(

You're soooo evil... ;)

9. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Hey, thanks for the PM about your update...much appreciated!

Leia as matchmaker--I love it! [face_laugh]
    Kelly's singing and Jaina's reaction to it was really touching. So this is a tradition in your household? That's so sweet. My older sister and my little brother both play guitar and sometimes they do the same for us. (Any musical ability skipped right over me and my little sister ;))

Leia's present and Mara's reaction to were wonderful. I liked her hesitancy and her feelings of guilt...very realistic, I think. But Luke's response was so typical Luke! He was so understanding and I loved the way he reassured her.

?Mara, you are not any less worthy than anyone else. You didn?t deserve death then and you still don?t now. You deserve exactly what you have; a chance to become more than what your previous life offered.?

My favorite bit...that's what I'd like to be able to say to all those fans who hate Mara, but you expressed it so well through Luke!

Too many things gone.

Luke is not, the voice said - that voice that had been plaguing her for what seemed since the first moment she had returned to Coruscant.

Ha! I love that...Mara and Luke are already halfway there. They just need a really big push! :D :D

And then she dreamed about him--YES!!

Looking forward to Monday.

10. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    very nice. I knew it I knew it!!! :D Leia's a sneeky little sister :D (or big sister . . . )

I betcha it's a big load off of Mara's shoulders to not have to worry about being taken to court. It may even allow her to open up a little bit to those around her. Or even to that little voice in her head that's urging her to realize the truth. ;)

11. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Ireth_Tasartir: OH!!! A spoiler... ;) And I have to wait til monday???? You're soooo evil... Just wait. You may call me a Sith Lord before this story is over. [face_devil]

kayladie97: Hey, thanks for the PM about your update...much appreciated! Your welcome. :D Leia as matchmaker--I love it! Yup, Leia wants nieces and nephews. :p Kelly's singing and Jaina's reaction to it was really touching. Thanks. So this is a tradition in your household? That's so sweet. Well, not so much now that everyone is older but yeah we used to do that alot. My uncle and grandfather would play the guitar and my uncle, grandfather, mom, and aunt would sing. My older sister and my little brother both play guitar and sometimes they do the same for us. (Any musical ability skipped right over me and my little sister ) Oh, I see. But you enjoy it when they play for y'all don't ya? Leia's present and Mara's reaction to were wonderful. I liked her hesitancy and her feelings of guilt...very realistic, I think. But Luke's response was so typical Luke! He was so understanding and I loved the way he reassured her. Thank you. :D I'm glad I got that part right. I was worried that I didn't get them in character. My favorite bit...that's what I'd like to be able to say to all those fans who hate Mara, but you expressed it so well through Luke! [face_blush] Wow, thanks. Ha! I love that...Mara and Luke are already halfway there. They just need a really big push! Um, yes. Big push. [face_devil] And then she dreamed about him--YES!! :D Looking forward to Monday. ;)

maramijade: very nice. I knew it I knew it!!! Leia's a sneeky little sister (or big sister . . . ) Hehe, just wait til you see her plan. Mara is not going to be happy. I betcha it's a big load off of Mara's shoulders to not have to worry about being taken to court. It may even allow her to open up a little bit to those around her. Or even to that little voice in her head that's urging her to realize the truth. Yup. It was. Hmm, opening up more, maybe [face_devil]

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome post! :D Leia the matchmaker is so cute... it's uncharted territory and I'm thinking it'd be funny to see more and then poor Kelly; an unwilling participant. :p Mara's free? Way cool! :D I think it's funny how Mara is always uncomfortable when somebody does something nice for her. ;) Poor Kelly!!! :( Her stupid uncle ruined her entire family. :mad: Mara wants to be her friend? Aww. [face_love] She's becoming a normal person and doesn't like it. :p

13. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Country Girl: Awesome post! Thanks :D Leia the matchmaker is so cute... it's uncharted territory and I'm thinking it'd be funny to see more and then poor Kelly; an unwilling participant. Hehe, oh you will see more. Leia has a plan up her sleeve that Mara will not like. Mara's free? Way cool!Yup. Very cool. No one can arrest her for crimes commited during the war. I think it's funny how Mara is always uncomfortable when somebody does something nice for her. Hehe, it must be really awkward for someone who had only to rely on herself, having people around her who care. Poor Kelly!!! Her stupid uncle ruined her entire family. Yes :( One choice and yours and everyone around you's lives are never the same. Mara wants to be her friend? Aww. She's becoming a normal person and doesn't like it. Hehe, :p

14. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Hi, JM,

I just saw this and had to read it. It's off to a great start. I'm enjoying the Luke/Mara interaction, and poor Kelly. What a sad life she's had-she's lost just about everyone that she loves. But I have a feeling that Luke and co. may be able to help her.

I liked how you incorporated your own family tradition into your story, and what a sweet moment between Han and Jaina. I'm looking forward to more.

Kristeh

15. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    kristeh: Hi, JM, Hey, welcome. I just saw this and had to read it. :D It's off to a great start. I'm enjoying the Luke/Mara interaction, Thanks. I hoped I got that part right. and poor Kelly. What a sad life she's had-she's lost just about everyone that she loves. Kelly's troubles are far from over. But I have a feeling that Luke and co. may be able to help her. ;) We'll see. I liked how you incorporated your own family tradition into your story, Well, I can say that won't be the only thing I put in this story. There are others, not traditions just funny things that work perfectly in the story. and what a sweet moment between Han and Jaina. Thanks. I thought so too. Oh, and Jaina and Anakin have their feelings about Luke and Mara ;) I'm looking forward to more. Cool.

Author's Note: I know y'all are probably not going to like this but at this time I don't have the post. It is at the beta and as soon as she finishes and deems it postworthy, up it will go. I will PM y'all when it does. Hopefully before this day ends. Anyway, I'll see ya when I get the post. I am sorry.

16. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'll be watching for it.

The description of Kelly's tale... I can't believe I put 'tale' instead of 'tail.'! (hangs head in embarassment). Obviously I understand how important it is to run things thru a beta first. :)

17. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Don't worry...
    I think we can wait if you promise us the new post will be as good as usual!!!! ;)

I will PM y'all when it does

Well, thank you...But you can save mine if you want, I check this twice a day at least!!!! So I won't miss the post, be sure of that!!!! :D

18. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    ?Mara, you are not any less worthy than anyone else. You didn?t deserve death then and you still don?t now. You deserve exactly what you have; a chance to become more than what your previous life offered.?

There is much wisdom in this one... Great job Bulldog! :D

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like this. Usually, the BTS stories have a Mara I don't like, but this Mara is very wonderful, I like Luke's portrayal, and Kelly is refreshing.

20. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    No, this isn't the post :p I do have that back and am tweaking as we speak but I did want to acknowledge and thank my kind readers.

Jedi-2B: I'll be watching for it. :cool:

The description of Kelly's tale... I can't believe I put 'tale' instead of 'tail.'! (hangs head in embarassment). Obviously I understand how important it is to run things thru a beta first. Oh so that's what you meant. You had me for a loop there for a moment. But trust me, me and the spell checker in WordPerfect are the best of friends. :p I can't spell good to save my life, so I can relate. Yeah, oba is great beta. This story wouldn't be near what it is if it weren't for her.

Ireth_Tasartir: Don't worry...
    I think we can wait if you promise us the new post will be as good as usual!!!!
    I promise nothing but I'll do my best to make it good and thanks for saying the 'as usual' thing. Made my day. :D

Well, thank you...But you can save mine if you want, I check this twice a day at least!!!! So I won't miss the post, be sure of that!!!!You're welcome and wow! Really? Twice a day. [face_blush] You really made my day. Thanks.

Rivad_Bacar: There is much wisdom in this one... Great job Bulldog! Wow! [face_blush] Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

DarthIshtar: I like this. :D Goodie, I'm glad. Usually, the BTS stories have a Mara I don't like, but this Mara is very wonderful, Oh, wow! Really? [face_blush] Thanks, you don't know how much you're saying that meant to me. I like Luke's portrayal, and Kelly is refreshing. Thanks. I'm glad I got Luke right. I can only hope to continue to do so. Glad you like Kelly. Mara might not too soon ;) [face_mischief]

21. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Really? Twice a day.

At least!!! If I posted every time I check this it, would already have 20 pages!!!! :D

22. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  23. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  24. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    No this still is not the post. That is back at the beta. I do have some good news for ya'll. The story itself is wrote out. Editing, beta-ting, things like that are really all that is need for it and I do have some ideas for a sequel. I know that does not make up for the lack of a post and I am sorry.

Ireth_Tasartir At least!!! If I posted every time I check this it, would already have 20 pages!!!! [face_blush] Wow. Thank you.

Mouse Thanks for the ups. :D

25. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Editing, beta-ting, things like that are really all that is need for it and I do have some ideas for a sequel

Great!!!! :D

Waiting patiently... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.