main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Outer Rim: A Minor Character Index and Discussion NOW: Minor bad guys

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by kateydidnt, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caledre

Caledre Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2006
    Just wondering - where's all this stuff about Panaka becoming a Moff documented?

2. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I didn't know all of that stuff about him either, but then I haven't read a lot of books. Hmmm, Well if he becomes a Moff, you would assume he knows what the Emperors true colors are, but then Palpatine is a master of minpulation so I don't know. Panaka didn't seem like a bad person to me, but he is the kind of person who is very devoted to his duty.

3. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I think, from his dedication to Padme, or I'd like to think, that he was manipulated by Palpatine the whole time. Telling him about Padme's Marriage-[face_shame_on_you]

Duty did seem important to him, but who knows?

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: The Original Trilogy.

5. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I am going to post a viggie about Ruwee Naberrie pretty soon, I like it a lot it's the first time I've done a minor charecter. I only hope It comes out as well as I intended.

6. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Thanks for your thoughts on Panaka!

Now next lets discuss the minor bad guys. Who are your favorited baddies-or not so nice guys? Yes, yes we all know Palpatine and Vader are some of the favorite bad guys, but we are looking at minor characters here. So is it Sebulba? Tarkin? IG-88? Mas Amedda? Asajj? Who is your favorite minor bad guy? Why? Do you wish there were more of that character?

7. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    So apparently everyone is indifferent about bad guys. Or else I simply posted in the middle of the night (also quite possible).

Well, as for me I love to despise Tarkin. He is one of my favorite characters to hate; so does that make me a fan? Something like that.

I would like to see more of Tarkin's back story. Why did he support the Empire? Was it just his personal ambitions of power? If so why couldn't those ambitions be realized in the Republic?

Any answers? Any questions? Any comments about your favorite bad guy?

8. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I like Thrawn. He's pretty smart. Intelligent bad guys are fun. And he's an art critic and rational. As opposed to emotion laden guys like Vader.

I also like the officer in ESB and RotJ who has to keep following him around as he kills the poor guy's superiors. I loved all the expressions he made.

9. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    You know, a minor baddie that I'd like to see more about is Pellaeon. I mean, he's not really bad, not at all. Thrawn is ruthless--it seems to be a cultural trait in the Chiss--but Pellaeon is simply a professional officer. In the Hand of Thrawn duology, he is firm, commanding, and intimidating, but also compassionate and just and sensible.

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Pellaeon had definitely strong loyalties on a lot of levels. Thrawn reminded me of Vader in having less loyalty to his men than his duty.

11. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I love Palleon.

My favorite moments are in the minor books, like Darksaber and Spector of the Past.

Darksaber, if memory serves me correctly without my face in the book, is where Admiral Dala gathers all the Moffs in the room and turns on the gas.

Though too wild for his taste, Tarkin's girl Friday got the result Palleon wanted/needed. Those Moffs were definitely only out for themselves, not for the interest of the Imperial Remnant, which was what Palleon was all about really.

In Spector of the Past I had to smile when he got the upper hand in the returned Thrawn situation. Palleon and the other guy with him (I forget his name at the moment), who figured out who Thrawn's friend really was, were so cool.

But my favorite bad guy minor character is Soontir Fel.

1st and foremost because he fathered my second favorite EU character, Jagged Fel. And from what little I've read about Soontir, he sounds like his son who is smarter than the average bear and a great pilot/fighter/commander.

Soontir was a man who was a true Imperial, for the love of order, at least that's what I get. He too hooked up with Thrawn and even went as far to transfer his family to Thrawn's homeworld, probably after being totally disgusted by the Moffs, before Dala bumped them off of course.

I don't think he'd ever agree with Palleon though when he formed a treaty with the New Republic. That's the one thing I like about Palleon over Soontir. Palleon sticks around and did what was best for the Empire. Soontir took his family and split.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.