main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond the Saga THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE...A further story about Han's grandson

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopefulwriter
    Rating: G for everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Hakor Solo
    Time Frame: After THE FORCE AWAKENS

THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE… Chapt. 2 A continuation from THE LINE CONTINUES
    Further story of Han’s grandson Hakon Solo.

….After a long, unblinking pause, the kid had spunk, Han said, “Good try, kid, but I don’t
    buy it. I don’t have any grandchildren.”

“You have a son…. Hakon stated.

“How do you know about him?”

“I told you. I’ve learned all about you that I can. Ben’s now called Kylo Ren.”

“Then you know he has no children.”

“True.” Hakon conceded. “But, you had another son.”

Han gave a soft, snorting laugh. “Not that I know about.”

“Because you never went back.”

Han furrowed his brows.. “Back to where?”

“The planet Nedyar... where my grandmother lived.”

The Corellian took a deep breath, exhaled and adjusted his body on the seat. “I don’t know
    what you’re getting at, kid.”

“You and my grandmother were lovers * she had a son..my father… Daegan Solo.”

“I think you’re telling me a load, kid.” Han said as he rose and walked a few steps away.

Suddenly, a lilting tune floated to his ear…which stopped him in his tracks….all other sound silenced; somehow, somewhere inside himself, he recognized that music.

Turning toward the booth he’d just left, he saw Hakon holding something in his hand. A sly smile spread over the young man’s face as he held up the old, time worn, carved ,wooden music box.

With his heart thudding in his chest, Han returned to the booth and slid back into the seat
    “Where did you get that?’

The smile faded as Hakon said slowly…”My grandmother gave it to me… just before she
    died…asked me to find you.”

Memories washed across Han’s mind as he said. “Maybe we’d better talk.”

* Referenced from my story published here MY AFFAIR WITH HAN SOLO

MORE TO COME….

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, Han had a life before Leia. And it´s interesting to see if his grandson & he can have a future of respect with one another.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, that lovely tune definitely stirred memories for Han, of a time of gentle love and innocence, and you know he probably meant to come back, but time and circumstances just caught him up and then he found Leia. [face_love] Eager to read the next post where he and his grandson continue to share. @};-

4. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota...Thank you for taking your time to read THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE.
    I wasn't sure about writing more about Han and his grandson, but the story wouldn't
    leave me alone. We'll see how things unfold.
    Appreciate your comments. Lynda V.

5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, appreciate you taking time to read THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE.
    Your comments are encouraging. Lynda V.

6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE CHAPTER 2

Han Solo pointed to the cantina server, then checked his pocket com-link to see if Leia had contacted him yet.

Hakon Solo sat quietly, rubbing fingers over the closed top of the old music box, waiting for Han to make his order.

As the server approached, Han circled his fingers over his empty glasses and gave a ‘two-fingered’ sign, then glanced at Hakon to see
    if he wanted a refill; he nodded negatively.

Still silent, Han held out his hand and Hakon gave him the music box. The Corellian stared at it for a time, then ran an age lined hand over
    the carvings; a slight smile of remembrance crossing his face. Hakon waited.

“I remember your grandmother, Nia” Han said huskily, the long forgotten memories tumbling into his mind.
    “That was a lifetime ago…we were so young.”

“She talked about you often.” Hakon said softly.

“Tell me about my……son….your father.”

“I’ll tell you what Teeva, that’s what I called her, told me” Hakon began.

(She told me how you met and your time together and
    you had to leave quickly as someone was after you. Said
    she always thought you’d come back. It wasn’t long after
    that she realized she was going to have a child. She
    said she was scared and happy at the same time. After she
    gave birth to my father, Daegan, she raised him alone.
    She kept sewing and making things and selling them
    at the market to support them. She would
    watch the ships as they came into port, watching
    for your uniquely shaped one. She never gave up
    looking for you to come back to her.)

Hakon stopped speaking as the server returned with Han’s order and placed it on the table.
    Han ignored the drinks as his grandson began again.

(She schooled my father herself as, now, she was a
    double shunned woman, unmarried with a child.
    They always thought of her as an off-worlder, but
    she held her head high anyway. Said one of her
    favorite times was getting her son to bed at night
    by playing this music box as he drifted off to sleep.
    I remember listening to it too.
    She taught my father how to do leather and other skin
    crafts and they together worked and sold at the market place.
    Time passed and my father married. My mother died
    giving birth to me and Teeva helped raise me. She
    never married and said she always hoped you found
    someone to love and have a family, but she hoped
    one day, if you were still alive, you would learn you had a
    son and now a grandson.)

Han took a deep breath and sat the music box on the table. “Tell me about Daegan.”

“Looks a lot like you…tall, dark hair..he was good with a weapon and
    worked hard to help support the family. Teeva said he never displayed
    any hatred toward you for not being there.” Hakon gave a assuring
    smile… “Neither did she.”

Han gave a grim, half-laugh. “I would have been there, if I’d known. My life took a different
    direction and the years seem to just fly past.

“Yes, we heard you were with the Rebellion. We would
    catch parts of the pilot’s and spacer’s conversations as they
    shopped the wares in the marketplace.”

Han rubbed a callused hand over his stubbled chin, speaking his thoughts. “Daegan would
    be nearly fifty years old .” Hakon nodded. “Where is he now?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t known where he is for over ten years. I’m hoping now that I’ve
    found you, you’ll help me find him.

Han took a deep breath and sat up straight in the booth. “This is a lot to take in. I’m sorry
    to learn your grandmother…Nia…has died.” He looked at Hakon, a new emotion filling
    his being….a realization, a parental pride…he had another son…and a grandson.

Both men…young and old…grandfather and grandson sat silently……

Han’s com-link toned and he read the message. Placing the communicator in his jacket pocket,
    and throwing a few coin credits on the table, he placed a hand on Hakon’s arm….
    “There’s someone I want you to meet.”

MORE TO COME …April 5th

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very happy to see this continue. Enjoyed Hakon's story of what unfolded for Nia and her son eventually.

I am relieved that Daegan (nor Nia) harbored ill feelings towards Han. And like he said, if he'd known,he would've been there, as much as possible. [face_thinking]

Eager to read how things unfold and the Solo family expands. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hopefully Benny Bunny will not find out. A) he is always a nasty piece of work and B) somehow he does not like to share.

9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE CHAPTER 3

It was twilight when Han and Hakor exited the cantina. Beings milled around on the walkway…
    vendors hawked their wares; everything from food to exotic animals and directions to the town’s
    nightlife. Han raised a hand to hail a transport vehicle…several passed them by before one
    finally stopped.

After they were settled in the back, Han gave directions to the capitol building.

“You got your ship docked here?” Han asked, watching the passing buildings.

“Yes, at the port.” Hakor answered. “Who is this you want me to meet? I’ve already seen
    your partner Chewbacca.

In the semi-darkness Han gave a smile. “I guess you both are in for a surprise.”

The duo sat in silence as the vehicle sped over the roadway, finally reaching their destination.

After paying the fair, Han nodded and the two began walking up the macreet steps to the massive white
    building. After entering, Han looked around, searching to see Leia. Various species walked
    fast paced from office to office and noise echoed inside the cavernous foyer. Finally,
    Han spotted the maroon colored suit he remembered Leia had put on.

Giving a wave to catch her attention, he tapped his grandson on the arm to follow as he
    began walking in her direction.

“Han.” She called upon seeing him. The two stopped and waited for her to catch up.

Stopping beside her husband, she nodded to the young man who stood next him, noting
    his features; he wasn’t as tall as Han, just reaching to below his chin. Medium build, dark
    hair and a small scar on the right side of his face.

Han waited… “This is Hakor. Hakor, this is Princess Leia…General Organa Solo…my wife.

The young man nodded a greeting.

“So, you found yourself another partner. I know you wanted Rey to join you and Chewbacca.
    Leia surmised.

“Is there somewhere we can go to talk in private?” Han asked, suddenly feeling a little anxious.

A slight frown knitted her brow…’ what could this be about’? she wondered. “There,” she nodded to the left. “ It’s a side room.”

Han took Leia’s arm and began walking toward the room; Hakor following.

Once inside the room, where evening shadows filtered through the windows, Leia turned to her husband.

“What is it you want to talk about?”

Han began to slowly pace back and forth in the room, a finger to his lips, the other hand adjusting the fit of his blaster belt.
    Leia smiled to herself, she knew this long ago habit preceded something her husband was reluctant to talk about.
    She waited patiently, looking at Hakor, who remained silent, knowing Han would eventually tell her what he wanted her to know.

“I guess the best way to tell you is to just come out and say it.” Han finally said with a sigh, as he motioned for his
    grandson to stand beside him.

Han took a deep breath, cursing himself inside for feeling so sheepish.

Placing a hand on Hakor’s shoulder he began. “This isn’t my new partner, Leia…..This is my grandson, Hakor.”
    There, it was said…it was out. Han waited for a reaction…any reaction.

Leia looked quizzically at her husband. “Grandson? You know Ben has no children.”

“This isn’t Ben’s son, Leia….this is my son’s son.”

Han watched as his wife’s features changed as the impact of what he’d said finally hit.

“Your son? You have another son?” Leia looked at Hakor and back at her husband.
    “All these years together you’ve never told me you had a son?”

“I didn’t know I had a son until Hakor found me and told me.”

Leia narrowed her eyes. “How do you know he’s telling you the truth..this could be some sort
    of ploy to infiltrate our operations..it wouldn’t be so obvious if they went through you instead of
    targeting me or an official.

Hakor opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when Han gave wave of his hand.

“It’s nothing like that.” Han told her.

“How can you be sure?”

The Corellian held out his hand and his grandson took the music box from his pocket and laid
    it in Han’s palm. “Because of this.”

Leia stared at the small, wood-carved box.

Han lifted the lid and the soft, lilting music wafted to Leia’s ear. He then pulled out a chair from
    the meeting table and sat down. “Maybe I’d better start from the beginning.”

MORE TO COME April 13th…….

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update with Leia's understandable reactions of skepticism and puzzlement, as well as Han's natural discomfort at the entire subject, even though it predates his and Leia's getting together.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE Chapter 4

Leia and Hakor took seats across from Han at the meeting table. The evening shadows had darkened the room enough that
    the sensors turned on the soft, indirect lights.

Han sat, lightly tapping his fingernails on the highly shined, glossy table.

The Corellian smiled to himself…recalling events of more than fifty solar years ago.

“I was twenty-three, twenty-four years old when I
    ‘left’ the military…you know the story of how I won
    the Falcon from Lando. I’d pulled off a few
    ‘jobs’ and had to lay low for a while. I searched
    for a little known-out-of-the-way planet, which was
    Syrma.* I went to the market place one day and
    saw a man snatch a bag from a young lady. I
    chased him and got the bag. I walked her to
    her home to make sure she got there safely.
    that’s how I met Nia. We got to know each
    other. I spent some time.. there…we became
    close and then…. lovers.” Han glanced at
    his grandson. “That is when I gave her
    that music box.” Han nodded to where it sat
    on the table. “I’d intended to stay, but one day a swarm
    of Military Police flooded the Market Place and
    I had to make a quick getaway. For the next ten years
    I made freight runs, dodged disgruntled customers
    and bounty hunters and eventually got tangled
    up with Jabba the Hutt. I was in Mos Eisley when
    I met Luke and Ben Kenobi.” Han splayed his hand
    on the table. “You know the rest….what we’ve been
    through for the past forty years.” Han stopped speaking.

Leia glanced at Hakor, now realizing how he resembled Han in many ways.

Leia softly asked Han. “What is your son’s name? Do you know where he is?
    “How is Nia?”

“My father’s name is Dagan.” Hakor began. “I don’t know where he is. He left about ten years ago.
    That is why I was searching for Han, my grandfather. My mother died when I was born.
    My grandmother mostly raised me and when she died a couple of years ago, she asked me to find Han.
    She gave me the music box…said that would prove who I was.” Hakor looked fondly at Han.
    “I’m glad I found him. After hearing all the stories about him and meeting him, I’m proud to be his grandson.”

Han sat silent, still, wondering what Leia was thinking, what she would say after finding out
    this new development about him having son and grandson.

Leia stretched her arms across the table and took her husband’s hands in her own, caressing them
    gently. “I understand about young love. I was in love once before I met you.” She confessed to
    Han. “We both had different lives before we met. It pleases me that you found love in your younger
    life and that love produced a son and grandson.” The lines around Leia’s eyes deepened as she said,
    “We’ve lost a son and now we’ve found another…and a grandson.” She turned her head to Hakor,
    looking into the eyes that mirrored Han’s. “You are a part of Han…my husband…I love him…. and now my heart can love you.”

“You mean that, Leia?” Han asked, his love for her reaching a new level as she willingly accepted
    his grandson into their lives.

She smiled and nodded, “Maybe we can help Hakor find his father..your son.”

“What are your plans now” Han asked.

“I’d like to join with you and the Resistance.” Hakor stated.

“We need young, determined fighters.” Leia said.

“You said you wanted me to help find your father.” Han began. “Do you have any idea
    where we might start…where he might be?

“No.” Hakor admitted, then added. “ But, I do know the reason he left ten years ago.”

Han and Leia waited for the explanation.

“When he learned that your son, Ben, his half brother… had risen to power and become Kylo Ren,
    wreaking havoc through the planets…he hated that he would be known as a brother to that tyrant. He
    said he had a mission to fulfill and would search the planets as long as he had to, to complete
    what he had to do, to rid the galaxy of that monster. Hakor stopped, reluctant to tell the rest…..

Han asked, “And that was?”

….. “ To kill Kylo Ren.”

….MORE TO COME April 19th.

* From my story published here: My Affair with Han Solo

………..MORE TO COME April 19th

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely reaction from Leia. Her heart is wide enough and loving enough to take in a new member of the family. [face_love] Hakor's announcement is daunting but understandable. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, thank you for taking your time to read THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE.
    I always appreciate your comments and encouragement. Lynda V.

14. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE Chapter. 5

A bell rung in the distance signaling the end of the governing day, as lights began dimming throughout
    the massive building.

“We need to leave.” Leia said to Han and Hakor.

“How about a good meal.” Han suggested.

“I’m for that.” Hakor chirped in, now feeling more comfortable.

The trio rose and headed for the exit. “I’ll hail a ride.” Han said as he walked ahead of them.

Leia smiled at Hakor as they followed Han out into the night, shuffling along with other exiting species,
    passing the government guards.

The streets were busy; various vehicles sped by, beings walked quickly to and fro; lights from various
    buildings and cantinas flashed in the dark. Han stood on the side of the walkway, hand in the air, snapping his fingers.

Soon, a transport stopped and they entered. Han gave the driver the name of an eatery. In a short time,
    they were entering the restaurant.

A droid server beeped and led them to a table, then waited for a drink order.

“I’ll have an Avic fruit sherry.” Leia ordered.

“A Traelathene gin.” Hakor said.

“No you won’t.” Han said, remember his grandson nearly choking on the one he’d ordered when they met. *
    “He’ll have a Vacran ale.” Hakor smiled and nodded, not offended.
    The server turned to Han. “ Adnyl rum.”

“There are several things we need to talk about.” Leia began. “You said you wanted to join with us.
    You also said you wanted Han to help you find your father.”

Hakor nodded. “Yes. I don’t know if he’s still alive, but I’d like to search for him or any information
    about him first.

Leia turned to Han, shadows flickering over his face from the table candle.

Han remembered Luke wondering about his father; finding out about , and, after learning Leia was
    his sister, their father and what he had become. Was that the same fate that faced Hakor?
    But… he understood the need to know something…he’d wondered about things in his own past
    life for years…still, after all this time, wondering if he wanted to know…to seek them out.
    That was something to consider later.

The Corellian gave a sigh. “We’ll travel together. You’ll have to park your ship.”

“He can leave his ship at the new base.” Leia spoke. “We’ll go there first so you can stock up
    on supplies.”

“Do you have any image or likeness of your father…my.. son.” Han realized it was getting easier to
    talk about the son he now knew he had.

“From about ten or twelve solar years ago…nothing recent.”

“Ten or twelve years ago…” Leia said softly. “That’s about the time Ben turned from Luke to Snoke.
    It was a hard memory to recall, still causing pain.

“You have it with you?” Han asked.

“No, it’s stashed on my ship.”

The droid server appeared with their drinks; pad in hand for their food requests.

“How about doat steaks all around?” Han asked.

At agreeing nods, the server swiped the order pad and rolled away.

“I’ll give you the coordinates to the base…you’ll fly and meet us there. We can put together
    all the information we know at this time and start out.” Han said as he reached for Hakor’s hand and
    withdrawing a stylus from his jacket pocket. “I’ll put the coordinates on your hand; no chance
    of losing a piece of paper.”

Hakor nodded and raise his palm. The Corellian wrote quickly.

Leia reached and covered her husband’s hand with her own, saying nothing,
    conveying her love and feelings through their familiar touches. Han turned and gave that smile which
    always melted her heart.

“Maybe we won’t be out too long.” Han told her.

“You going to get Chewbacca?” Leia asked.

Han rubbed his chin…. “No, not this time. Just me and my grandson.” He looked at Hakor.

The server approached with steaming plates on a large tray.

Hakor looked at the meal; blue doat steak, pink spiral and black vegetable pods with a pran-grain roll.

“Eat up, Kory.” Han urged, grabbing his own eating utensils. “We got a lot to do and a long way to go.”

MORE TO COME…April 26th.

*From my story published here. THE LINE CONTINUES

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very good initial plans about searching, with mutual support and air of gentle family warmth with Hankor already.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, Appreciate you taking time to read Chapter 5 of THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE.
    I'm finding it exciting to see where the characters take this story. Your comments warm my heart.
    Lynda V.

17. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE Chapter. 6

Leia watched the stars flash and elongate as the Falcon jumped into hyper space. She
    never tired of the magnificent sight. Nearly swallowed up in the wide co-pilot’s seat, which had been
    altered many years ago to fit the Wookiee Chewbacca*, she looked at Han.

He was in his element; at the controls of his beloved ship, like it was forty solar years ago.
    “You’ve held on to her a long time.” She said looking around the cockpit; the blinking lights,
    the gauges and running coordination numbers.

Han smiled at his wife… “Yeah, finally got her outfitted like she deserved. Still looks like an
    old bucket on the outside, but I bet she could beat that original Kessel Run time I set years ago.”
    He bragged.

Biting her lower lip, looking down and clasping her hands in her lap. Leia asked..
    How do you feel about going after your son?”

Han took in a deep breath and settled his back against the pilot’s seat, lifting a finger to his lip,
    as was his lifelong habit… “Feels strange…”

“You remember what Hakor said….that Daegan wanted to stop Ben…

“Kylo Ren.” Han corrected. “He willingly gave up his identity and his ties to us as
    a family.”

“But he’s still our son. He’ll never stop being that.”

“Yes.” Han agreed. “We can love and hope, but we have to let go.” Han was remembering
    how his own family had let go….”*

“You know your son wants to kill our son.”

“Killing one entity will not stop the attempts of take over; stop the tyranny that spreads
    across the galaxy. There will always be another to take over the fallen leader.”

“That is why these diplomatic meetings are so vital.” Leia emphasized, making a fist and gently striking it in her open palm.
    “We have to band together with the same policies and determination to defend the planets and stop the spread of The First Order.”

“For now, with Kory, that will have to be secondary while we search for Daegan.”

“I hope you can find him quickly, and bring him home.” Leia said as she touched Han’s arm.

Han gave her one of his quirky, boyish smiles…even at over seventy solar years, he was still
    very alluring and desirable. “You know… we may be separated for quite some time…
    no being alone for while…how about…” he gave a nod toward his cabin.

Leia smiled, the twinkle in her eye matching Han’s “Just like your ship…old on the outside, but still lots of power……”

The Corellian punched a few console buttons, then grabbed Leia by the hand and headed
    for the cabin.

In his own ship, Hakor adjusted his readings…he’d kept the Falcon in view on the sonar screen.

The coordinates indicated it wasn’t much farther to the Rebel Base on Melass, near the Uncharted Region.

He was feeling apprehensive and excited at the same time….it was starting to be more than a dream now,
    finding his father….he’d searched so long to find Han Solo…his grandfather.

Beeps on the console indicated the approach to the planet. Hakor watched the screen..looking
    for activity and seeing none…he adjusted the sonar, searching….checking the coordinates…

“The numbers are right…why can’t I see something?”

Static crackled through his com-link… “Hey, grandson…”

“I’m here” Hakor answered, now familiar with Han’s voice.

“Take fifteen degrees left and swoop low.”

Adjusting the settings…he now had the Falcon in his physical sight.

“Follow me….there’s a port opening…looks like it just goes into the planet. The base
    is interior underground.”

Hakor nodded to himself…that’s why he didn’t see anything.

Tailing his grandfather’s ship, he entered the port….he could see lots of activity now….
    machinery, ships, droids, people, white and colored lights blinking everywhere…
    a full working base. He landed in the berth beside the Corellian’s ship.

After a few moments…Han and Leia exited and waited at the foot of the ramp.

Hakor secured his ship and then joined them. “Wow, this is some place!” He yelled against
    the noise.

Leia smiled at him. “You’re going to fit right in.”

Han placed an arm around Hakor’s shoulder. “I’ll show you around, get you settled, we’ll
    have a good rest, load supplies and start out first thing twelve standard hours from now.”

“General Solo….Princess Leia…” A voice shouted above the din.

“Wish he’d stop calling me that.” Han complained under his breath to his wife.

“Good to see you both again.” General Edris called as he walked up to them. Leia extended her hand in greeting.

Hakor stood, silent, awed by everything around him…looking at the aged, silver-haired
    human officer.”

“How did the talks go?” He asked Leia.

“I’ll hold a briefing in a standard hour in the staff room.”

He then looked at Hakor…. “Is this one of our new recruits? A fine looking fellow.”

Han looked at Leia and winked. “This is Kory, my grandson.” He said with a proud smile.

The General blanched with surprise..then looked from Han to Leia…confused.

Han gave a chuckle as he and Hakor walked past the befuddled officer. He was glad to have
    finally gotten one over on the irritating man.

“I’ll explain later.” Leia said as she passed and followed Han and Hakor.

* Referenced from my story published here BITING OFF MORE THAN THEY CAN CHEW

* Referenced from my story published here REMEMBRANCES

MORE TO COME………..MAY 3RD.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved this exchange:

“Kylo Ren.” Han corrected. “He willingly gave up his identity and his ties to us as
    a family.”

“But he’s still our son. He’ll never stop being that.”

“Yes.” Han agreed. “We can love and hope, but we have to let go.” Han was remembering
    how his own family had let go….”

“You know your son wants to kill our son.”

“Killing one entity will not stop the attempts of take over; stop the tyranny that spreads
    across the galaxy. There will always be another to take over the fallen leader.”

“That is why these diplomatic meetings are so vital.” Leia emphasized, making a fist and gently striking it in her open palm.
    “We have to band together with the same policies and determination to defend the planets and stop the spread of The First Order.”

“For now, with Kory, that will have to be secondary while we search for Daegan.”

“I hope you can find him quickly, and bring him home.” Leia said as she touched Han’s arm.

Definitely understandable that Leia and Han hold out hope for Kylo/Ben.
    [face_thinking]

And this was sweet:

Han gave her one of his quirky, boyish smiles…even at over seventy solar years, he was still
    very alluring and desirable. “You know… we may be separated for quite some time…
    no being alone for while…how about…” he gave a nod toward his cabin.

Leia smiled, the twinkle in her eye matching Han’s “Just like your ship…old on the outside, but still lots of power……”

The Corellian punched a few console buttons, then grabbed Leia by the hand and headed
    for the cabin.

[face_mischief] [face_love]

Looking forward to whatever Kory and Han encounter. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota...appreciate you taking time to read the next chapter of THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE.....
    Your generous comments are encouraging.
    As for Han & Leia's 'alone time'.....the lovelight never goes out!
    Lynda V.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And I am back again from my many adventures and tasks in RL.

Interesting developments with a very understanding Leia and a new foe for Kylo.

Can´t wait to see where we travel next!

21. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, thank you for taking time to read THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE.
    Appreciate your comments and encouragement.
    Lynda V.

22. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE PAST CAN BE THE FUTURE Chapter 7

The trio walked through the busy hangar to the Operation Officer’s desk. Upon approach,
    Wix Frason stood, waiting…. “General.” He nodded to Leia.

“We need sleeping quarters for Hakor Solo.”

Frason gave a questioning frown. “Solo?”

“Yes.” Leia emphasized. “General Solo’s grandson.” Nodding to Han.
    Hakor remained silent. Frason stood transfixed, he’d never heard anything about the Generals’ having grandchildren.

“Now!” Han tapped the desk with an impatient finger.

“Yes, sir!” Frason quickly scanned a roster… “He can bunk in burrow number eleven. He’ll
    find everything in there he needs.”

“That’s more like it.” Han stated with a satisfied nod. Leia smiled, knowing, with forty years experience,
    that Han’s bark was worse than his bite….unless you were his enemy.

They left and made it down the earthen-walled corridor, past other doorways. “Here it is.”
    Leia pointed.

Once inside, Hakor lowered his flight bag onto the cot. “Try to have a good rest time.”
    Leia placed a hand on his shoulder.

Han wrinkled his nose…the earthy smell of the room reminded him of the Ewok village from years ago.

“I brought that holo of my father.” He said pulling a small oblong pad from his bag.

Han and Leia drew closer. Hakor passed his hand over the face of the pad and it illuminated
    a clear picture of Dagan Solo. Leia caught her breath…it was the image of a young Han.
    It was unmistakable that Dagan was his son. A gentle vine of love wound it’s tendrils around Leia’s
    heart….another part of her beloved husband…just as their son Ben. Leia noticed
    the picture was having an effect on Han …as he stared at the image, she wondered what
    was threading through his mind….thoughts of Nia?…of the son he didn’t know about and have
    a chance to help raise..that this older son is different than Ben…Kylo Ren?

Han gave a uncustomary sniff, took a deep breath and placed an around his grandson.
    “If he’s in this part of the Galaxy, we’ll find him.”

“You two need to have your rest time if you want to start out in a few standard hours.” Leia
    interrupted.

“Yeah.” Han agreed. “I’ll leave orders at the supply desk to have the Falcon loaded.”

Leia looked at her chrono. “I’ve got a meeting to get to. Good night Hakor.”
    She turned to her husband. “I’ll have our quarters ready.”

Han nodded, he had wanted to talk to Hakor privately for a moment.

After Leia left, Hakor sat on the cot.

“You have any idea where Dagan might be? Heard of any talk about him lately?”
    Han questioned, pulling up a chair by his grandson.

“No, I just know whenever there was news about the activities of Kylo Ren,
    that he might be near there. I’ve always been afraid of hearing that he’d been captured or killed. I used to fly to where
    I’d heard Ren was. I spent a lot of time in cantina’s on different planets hoping to hear anything
    from other pilots and freighters who’d been where I hadn’t.”

Involuntarily, Han’s heart clutched. Now he had two others to worry about; to keep safe from the
    evil reach of his monstrous son. Another thought knifed through his mind…what if Ren learned
    about his half brother and nephew. The Corellian shook his head to dislodge the mental images….
    he already knew what Ren was capable of. He’d experienced a time with a family member..and the outcome was tragic.*

“How long have you been traveling, looking for your father?”

“I started looking after Nia died.”

“Did she want you to find your father?”

“No, she wanted me to find you first.”

Han gazed around the burrow…cot, light, chair..sanitary station…just the bare bones needs,
    the Rebels had to be ready at a moment’s notice to evacuate…things never changed.

“We’ll leave in ten base-standard hours.” Han said, rising and putting the chair against the
    earthen wall. Walking to the doorway, another thought struck him and he turne

“You’re young, where did you get the money to buy that fancy ship….” He asked, turning to
    look at Hakor.

Hakor smiled. “I didn’t buy it….I won it…four solar years ago….in a card game
    of Diamdlo.

Han shook his head and laughed. ‘That’s my boy…like grandfather like grandson.’ He thought
    as he exited the room.

* Referenced from my story published here…SHOWDOWN.
    MORE TO COME….. May 10th

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] He won it in a card game, huh? Yup, that by itself shows the family connection. [face_mischief]

Heart-tugging reflections about the ramifications/consequences of finding Dagan. @};-
    =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota...a sad day with the loss of 'Wookiee' Peter Mayhew. He touched so many lives with his portrayal of the beloved Han Solo sidekick. Thoughts to his
    friends, family and fans.

Appreciate you taking time to read the next chapter....I like to add a little coincidental humor now and then.
    Their 'adventure' begins next week. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2016
    Now I'm picturing Hakor winning a hand of sabaac with a big smirk on his face, and Lando is like, "WTF?", because he can't believe that this is actually happening to him again.

AzureAngel2 likes this.