main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE an Ani/Ami/Obi story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediRogue9, May 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    This is my first attempt at fan fic, so I hope ya'll like it!

Evil is the Path to the Darkside....

?All power to main sublight engines.? Obi-Wan Kenobi flipped the first three blinking switches on the panel before him. He yelled to his copilot. ?Prepare for the jump to lightspeed.? After depressing the final button, every star around the cruiser became streaks against the darkness of space.

?You forgot to inspect the acceleration compensator,? came a voice from behind him. Obi-Wan wheeled around to face a tall seventeen year old with blonde hair as spiky as a gaffi stick. His robes floated on air as he strode to meet his master.

?My young Padawan, how many times must I remind you? It is improper to correct your Master!? Obi-Wan?s expression changed from stern to relaxed. ?But let me guess-?

?Yes, Master, I did it for you. Oh, and fuel was low so I replenished it.?

Obi-Wan rubbed his beard and chuckled. ?Always the bright young pilot aren?t we Ani? If only you would spend as much time on your lightsaber or meditation. Or practicing your Jedi healing techniques, relaxation exercises?..?

His voice trailed off as Anakin rolled his eyes. ?Boring! I?d rather be soaring through space, visiting every planet, seeing every star.? He sighed. I?m gonna be the first one to see em all!?

Obi-Wan nodded patiently. How many times had his apprentice told him that before? Perhaps every day, hour minute??.

?So, my young Padawan. Do you fully comprehend the mission set before us?? asked Obi-Wan.

?You consider me a fool master??

?No, but this is your first experience with a Sith Warrior,? Obi-Wan said solemnly.

The words sent chills down Anakin?s spine. Sith. One of their kind had taken Qui-Gon away from him forever. Obi-Wan had taught him that the Sith represented evil in the galaxy, using anger and hate, traits of the Dark Side, to their advantage.

?When Saesee Tiin of the High Council was returning from Naboo to make certain the Peace Treaty set 8 years ago was still being enforced, he sensed a disturbance in the Force coming from the Rastmin system, centering on the planet of Dalabi,? Obi-Wan stated.

Naboo. The word set Anakin into a trance. Padme?he shook his head. Amidala. He still wanted to slap himself when he referred to her by the name he called her when they first met. They had been keeping in touch over the years, but she hadn?t an idea how he had grown.

Ani ran his hand through his hair and puffed out his chest. He flashed his teeth at his reflection on the control panel. I am quite a handsome Jedi, aren?t I?

?What in the Sith are you doing?? Obi-Wan stared as his Padawan jumped and his face turned red. ?Now that you?re finished admiring yourself I will continue reviewing the mission.?

?Tiin said he supposed it could be a Sith. Our mission is to land on Dalabi and investigate. I hope you have equipped your saber.?

Anakin nodded and gestured towards his belt where the weapon hung.

?Good, now get some rest. I shall meet you here in eight standard hours.?

The young Padawan bowed and retreated to his cabin.

2. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    nobody likes my story...

somebody please read this!!

3. Angel Lover

Angel Lover Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2000
    UMMMMMMMMMMM Well i dont really like triangles,but ill still read it .So keep posting!!!!!

4. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    We don't know for sure if this is a triangle story...

So, Amidala has not seen Ani in a while? Should be interesting! More!

5. Ami Skywalker

Ami Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2000
    Keep writing, I like it!!

6. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    hey, more to come when i get home. the triangle doesnt come into the story until the second half if youre wondering

7. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    here it is!

Anakin Skywalker emerged from his quarters and stretched his arms. Yawning, he headed towards the cockpit of the cruiser to meet his master.

?Good morning, Padawan. I suppose you slept well?? Anakin nodded and Obi-Wan didn?t fail to notice him cross his fingers as he acted. Stealthily using a mind reading manuever, he heard Anakin think?

If you consider lying in bed before a holo-projecter studying every aspect of a Republic cruiser ?sleeping?.

Obi-Wan sighed and spoke. ?Anakin, you need to get your priorities in line. Which is more important to you-fulfilling your destiny as the Chosen One or flying a starship around the galaxy on some wreckless mission??

Once again, Ani lied. ?I must fulfill my destiny as the Chosen One.? It was almost a chant; those words he spoke daily as a reminder of what he knew was the will of the Force.

The older Jedi replied, ?Good, Ani. Now, we have one standard hour before the conversion to realspace. I want you to rest in your quarters. Meet me back here at the time I requested.?

~**~

Obi-Wan Kenobi tossed his lightsaber on his bunk. He sat on the bed and smoothed out the sheets. Smiling, he recalled the way Qui-Gon used to tease him about being so neat. Always perfect my young Padawan, aren?t you? he would say.

Yet Qui-Gon was always the opposite. Never quite like everyone else, his master never tried to please the Council. Never tried to be perfect. But in his apprentice?s eyes, he was perfect.

He would have known what to do.

Ankain was not following the path the Chosen One should take. It was always flying starships, avenging his mother, freeing every slave in the galaxy. Dreams had he-impossible ones-that he strove to accomplish every day.

What was I thinking? I can?t train the Chosen One! I was still a Padwan, though I denied it. I wasn?t ready to become a knight, much less take on an apprentice. Thought you could be famous, huh, Obi? Train the Chosen One? Be the one responsible for bringing balance to the Force?

?I just can?t do this!? he screamed aloud.

?Can?t do what, my young Padawan?? Qui-Gon?s voice startled his apprentice.

?Master?? Obi-Wan slowly turned to face the spirit of his dead master. He stood tall with his head high, arms crossed, feet apart. Death had not taken a toll on his soul as he looked as healthy, if not better than, he had looked alive. ?Is it really you??

?Yes, Obi-Wan.?

?Are you here to help me?? The pleading in his Padawan?s voice was apparent.

?In a way.? Qui-Gon crossed the room and stood before his old learner. ?I?m here to give you hope. You were chosen to train the boy. I designated you as his master.?

Then he did know. Obi-Wan nodded in shame. How could he think a petty thing like death could stop him from reading his mind? Qui-Gon knew what he was considering-giving the boy over to Mace Windu to complete his training. A stronger Jedi could properly train the Chosen One. Obi-Wan felt he wasn?t powerful enough in the Force to control a boy with a Midi-Chlorian count higher than Master Yoda?s.

?I can?t control his anger. His hate. When he stops listening to me and he stares off into another world, I can sense him thinking about his mother. And with her memory comes hate, a strong hate at those who did what they did to her, all because of him. Guilt and anger, hate and anger. A fire burning in his soul that I can?t burn out.?

?I know you will trust your instincts on this issue, my young apprentice.? With that, Qui-Gon disappeared, leaving Obi-Wan to his thoughts. Alone in his room, alone in his heart.

8. FORCEisSTRONGwithTHISone

FORCEisSTRONGwithTHISone Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2000
    whoa! this story is awesome! so, when are you gonna post again? ill be waiting!

9. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Hey, it's going really well! Post more!

10. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    more when i get home LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! YEAH!!!

11. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    ?Thirty seconds to conversion to realspace.? Obi-Wan ran a quick systems check on the crusier. Fuel was good; acceleration compensator was set and life support systems checked out.

?Anakin, cut off the main sublight engines.? Suddenly, the white streaks around them became pinpricts of light against the jet black sky. The Padawan stepped into the cockpit and sank into the copilot?s chair. ?There it is, the Rastmin system.? Four medium sized planets floated in space with a small one, about the size of a large moon, drifting on the outskirts.

?The small one is Dalabi-that?s where we?re headed. The other four are Darkot, Pathor, Castdin, and Fay?re. Darkot is the most densely populated, while Dalabi has virtually no human in habitants. This system is known for its weapon production, specializing on blasters of all sorts. Keep it at medium speed and head straight for Dalabi.? Obi-Wan rose from his chair and turned to his apprentice.

?I?ll be in my cabin. Alert me when we are close to approching the planet.? He started towards the door when a cry from Anakin startled him.

?Master, I-I?.? Suddenly, Ani clutched his head in pain. He was dripping with sweat, screaming for Obi-Wan. The Master hurried to his Padawan?s side.

?What is it? What?s wrong?? Obi-Wan held him steady.

?I?can?feel?it?The?.Sith...is?here?? The Master suddenly realized he hadn?t instructed Anakin on building a wall of thought to block out the evil.

?Block the darkness with light. Feel the light side of the Force flowing through you. Relax, and let the Force take over.? Panting, Anakin?s muscles loosened as he rested his head on his master?s shoulder. Obi-Wan had subconciously performed this action at the entrance to the system, not bothering to remember that Anakin hadn?t encountered a Sith before, needed to know how to resist their evil power. The Jedi Master laid his hand on his Padawan?s head and let him cry.

~**~

sorry, kinda short

12. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    This is interesting! The presence of Sith give Jedi siezures... Keep going!

13. JediRogue9

May 8, 2000
    Obi-Wan Kenobi?s boots clanked against the gangplank of the Republic cruiser as he descended to the ground. Somewhat off-balance from the change of gravity, he quickly adjusted. All around him was quiet. Silent. Dead silent. Not even the sound of insects, birds. The sounds of a NORMAL forest planet. Something just wasn?t right here.

His cloaks stuck to his skin as a result of the humid air. The ground beneath his feet sank with the pressure of his body. Slowly, Obi-Wan took in his surroundings. Trees were everywhere. Normal for a forest, but in a way?not. Every tree was dead. Every standing plant gray and rotting. A thick fog coated the earth and weaved its way throguh every dead tree. Small patches of water scattered the ground.

?Reach out with the Force, my young Padawan. Feel the life forms surrounding you. Pinpoint that of which you are looking for.? The younger Jedi closed his eyes and stopped short.

?I feel a life form coming from?that direction.? He pointed his index finger to the north.

?Very good, my apprentice. I have sensed it too. Follow my lead.? Obi-Wan slowly padded across the soft ground, slicing any branches in their way with his lightsaber. He knew what lay ahead. The Sith lord it was not. Previous research explained that Dalabi was uninhabited by humans because of the overwhelming population of Shimstra, a deadly mammal-like predator. One of these kind lay ahead.

The two had reached a clearing. A small pond stood beside a grove of trees. Feeling the movement of a living being, both drew their lightsabers and stood in attack position. Suddenly, a four-legged furry beast about the size of four human heads struck at the two Jedi. Obi-Wan anticipated its strike and decapitated it with one clean swipe. The beast struggled four life for a moment, then lay still in two parts.

?That wasn?t so hard,? said Anakin as he retracted his saber. ?Now to find this Sith.? Master and apprentice set off in the same direction as before, letting the Force lead them into what was to come.

~**~

14. MaraJadee

MaraJadee Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2000
    I really like the story Rogue 9!! Keep writing!!

~*~*~*~JaDe~*~*~*~*~

15. MaraJadee

MaraJadee Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2000

Write more!!!!!!! ~ ~

~*~*~*~JaDe~*~*~*~*~

16. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.