main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Arena The PGA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Guidman

Guidman PT Manager and Book/Trivia Host star 5 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I don't know if this was the most quietly announced deal or I didn't realize it but Fox doesn't have the rights to the US Open anymore. Praise be. **** off Joe Buck (even though I'm still not a big fan of Azinger). This just makes the US Open ten times better now.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

Gonna be some high scores..[face_mischief]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

These greens are nuts..

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

C'mon Matthew Wolff.

Edit:
    I'm done with golf.
    [​IMG]

You know what, take all of them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Luke02, Juliet316, B99 and 1 other person like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I've stopped watching.. I'll pick it up again on their last hole.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I got to give credit where credit is due. What Bryson did ranks up there in terms of pure dominance of a major (even though he did not start to pull away until the second nine yesterday) with some of Tiger's blowout major wins along with Speith at the 2015 Masters. I mean Rory said afterwards he did not think what DeChambeau did was possible with how he attacked Winged Foot not caring if it went into the rough (though he did mention in the post press conference that he made sure if he did miss the fairway he missed in rough that he could get out of IE had a shot at the hole) and just beat the course into submission. NOBODY has ever done that at Winged Foot in a major. Nobody. As our head golf coach said in the hallway this morning as we spoke a few moments about it (only way I ever see the guy now is if we pass in the hallways as I used to see him all the time) whatever doubts anyone had if Bryson's "mad science" worked or not is gone. Here is every shot that was televised from yesterday:

Again he literally beat Winged Foot to a bloody pulp. Nobody has ever done that before. Major kudos.

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 7

Mar 14, 2004
    literally? whoa, golf just got more interesting.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 JCC Manager star 9 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    the winged foot is now a feathery stump.

tom likes this.
  11. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    For all the talk of DeChambeau getting automatic 3s on every par 5 this week, glad to see he carded a 7 on his first one. Here's to a few more of those.

B99, Luke02 and heels1785 like this.
  12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    One of the few positives about the pandemic? As the kids work, I can watch a bit of the coverage and nobody can notice since I have earbuds in. :)

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    pulling for tony finau. incredible talent, due for a major.

B99 likes this.
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  15. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    In the most shocking of news in the golf world:

Jordan Spieth.....made a cut. It seems like 2015 is just a myth with him now.

Good leaderboard heading into the weekend. A ton of big names in the mix.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Jordan Speith = Lyndon Hewitt of golf.

Was bleeping fantastic for a few years. Then just slowly fell apart.

If things hold like they have -18 as a 72 hole total at August might be jeporady this weekend. This course seems ripe to give up some really low scores even with the Sunday Augusta pins.

This is so bizarre btw, watching the Masters in November. Cool but odd. I'm shocked too that CBS will air it instead of the NFL on Sunday. Just assume they simulcast it on ESPN.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The Masters theme this late in the year, seems like the perfect antidote to 2020.

Luke02 likes this.
  18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    DJ has a chance to be -15 and shoot 30 on the front side. They are destroying this course.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    DJ -16 after 54 holes and with a four shot lead heading into tomorrow. Yet this normally where he blows up in majors. Should be a real fun day tomorrow flipping between The Masters and NFL Red Zone. Feels really odd to say that btw.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wow Tiger... The 12th hole was painful to watch..

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    How do you think CBS felt when they realized they'd have to juggle both The Masters, and the NFL on the same day?

I wouldn't want The Masters to be during the Fall every year (but 2020 is what it is), but I wouldn't mind seeing a non - Major PGA tourney in the southern US once or twice in the fall, the visuals with backdrop of the trees turning has been stunning to see this week.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Luke02 likes this.
  22. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm assuming there's nothing they could do with that or at least they weren't going to ruffle any feathers seeing that it's the biggest golf event of the year, they sell expensive corporate partnerships for it and it operates on one-year television contracts. CBS can still get in the late game slot (which I'm sure there's some mandate that each network gets at least one game per week) due to the window for finishing golf being earlier due to sunlight.

Biggest thing probably is Nantz not broadcasting a game. I'm assuming Romo isn't on any game this week either.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, that seems to be CBS' plan for the day, air The Masters final round (or as much as they can) first, followed by an afternoon NFL game.

Guidman likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    johnson has never been a player that i liked much or pulled for, but he had an incredible tournament. seems to have shed the last-round shakiness that plagued him for a while. good win.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Seems like he is on @heels1785 nobody can beat him. He just -20 under at the Masters and made it look easy. I don't remember him being in any trouble this week at all. Utter insanity.

Agree @Juliet316 especially to a northerner like me who only been in California or Florida really during the fall/winter months so really had no idea what this time of year looks in Georgia LOL! And I guess it depends on the ratings for this weekend. If they held up okay, maybe they will have like a World Golf Championship or something in the south maybe one weekend.

And it's pretty crazy to think they will be there in what.....5 months? I shutter what the world will look like then. I hope for the best but really bracing for the worst.

Juliet316 likes this.