main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Phantom Menace 20th Anniversary Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , May 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I've been playing Jedi-Fallen Order for quite some time. Due to work, gym, girlfriend time and so on Iam way behind.

Yesterday I encountered a vision of Cal of Order 66. It was epic. I got goosebumps and was emotional. The game itself is fantastic with its references to the Prequels, Clone Wars, Rebels. And all of it build up from Episode I. The groundwork this movie layed for everything after is magnificant.

Its a shame there wasnt much of a celebration for its 20th. It would have deserved it!

Princess_Tina likes this.
  2. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I was 28. It was amazing. I saw TPM about 13 times in the theater. During that time, with all the backlash against it, I decided I wanted to be fair to George Lucas. I swore off the OT (anything) until after AOTC. I immersed myself in TPM's new worlds, new characters, and new stories. I enjoyed the movie the first time, but it got better each time.

One afternoon, I saw a family leaving the theater. The little girl was talking about how pretty Amidala was and how beautiful her outfits were, all while hugging her mom's leg. The dad was walking like Jar Jar and kind of talking like him. The son was laughing his head off and hugging his dad. At that very moment, I swore to battle every hater. LOL It was a beautiful moment.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I saw quite a few moments like that during the initial theatrical release, and again during the 3D re-release. I really don't remember ever seeing a kid coming out of this without a big grin on their face.

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Alright everyone, as we've hit 2020 I think it's time to retire this thread. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences surrounding this film and it's release. We have a big anniversary in CT this year so stay tuned for that thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.