main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Philadelphia Flyers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Dark_Jedi_Kenobi, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    [image=http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5585/flyersgifdi4.jpg]

This thread is for the discussion of the Philadelphia Flyers! They got off to a pretty rocky start this season but hopefully last night's big win will propel them forward.

Here's a link to the team's Official Site.

2. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Awww. You're terrible. As an Isles fan, I can understand. If I was a jerk, I'd link to Game 6 of the 1980 Finals, but I'm not.

Okay, I am

MWAHAHA

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Wish I hadn't missed seeing it yesterday :(

4. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    It was a really fun game to watch. Seeing their offense click like that was fantastic, five goals in the first period! I was getting a little nervous when the Ducks scored a few goals to make it 5-3 but I was glad to see the Flyers pull a big one out. That win was needed. Did you see Forsberg's goal in the first period, just fantastic.

5. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Win last night was sick, hopefully it jumpstarts something cause they have been awful so far.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Looks like it hasn't jumpstarted them so far. They're already down 2-0 to San Jose. [face_plain]

7. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I think it is great that they are playing a little bit better right now. But this team needs to be seriously rebuilt. Clarke did not build this team with the new rules in mind. Big, bruising players are obsolete in the new system. You need speed and finesse guys now on both sides of the ice. It is time for the Flyers to rebuild.

8. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Agreed, the Flyers need to rebuild around Forsberg and Gagne and there young guns if they wanna not be bad for the next few seasons.

9. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I like Forsberg, he is one of the best players in hockey. THey Flyers made a huge mistake trading him in the early 90's. They were better off with him then that waste of space momma's boy Lindros. However, Forsberg is their biggest commodity. If they can get some good young prospects, they should trade him. Forsberg is in the twilight of his career. The Flyers are at least a few years from being a serious contender again. They need to trade Forsberg for some young talent.

10. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    As much as I love Forsberg, I've got to agree with what you just said. The Flyers are obviously in need of rebuilding. They've got some good young talent in Gagne, Richards and Carter but they need more scoring. Forsberg is the kind of player (at this stage in his career) that will put a team that's close to winning it all over the top. I think he'll certainly have some market value come the trade deadline. If they can get some good young talent for him I can't oppose them moving him.

11. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Another disappointing loss for the Flyers tonight. After how they've been getting down early and often in past games, to blow a two goal lead isn't good.

12. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Hard to believe that the Flyers are playing this badly this season. A good win tonight regardless of their standing.

13. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Its about time they won, they depress me, the winter hasn't been kind to Philly so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.