main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Porg Thread (was "Battle Puffins" and "Porg Backlash?")

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 21, 2016.

1. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    This made me laugh, these Porgs are going to be hilarious :D [face_laugh]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    true, the best new and cutest creatures ever. [face_love]

3. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    But really, the movie isn't even out yet and the Porgs are already iconic. I wonder if that was really intentional.

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  4. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015

Lol, where can I get one of these "smash-against-the-window-Porg"s :D

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I need a window Porg!!!

6. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    Link in post #1610 on previous page.

7. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016
  8. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    They were there. They aren't the new Jar-Jar or the new Ewoks. There are some cute moments, some very funny moments, but otherwise they're just there and they're lovely. Someone - Laura Dern? - mentioned how cute porglets are but they're real blink-and-you'll-miss-them.

I don't think I can visit this thread again because, once they've seen it, Nightangel will be absolutely insufferable (more than normal - the thought of it actually took me out of the movie for a minute) regarding one scene.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I sense a disturbance in the force, an immense gathering of the Porg I sense.
    All surrounding a bearded man saying,"No you aren't dying the Porg are with you!"

Well at least that's another way JJ can counter THAT!

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Calling someone insufferable. Great job padawan violating the TOC

11. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014
    They were very cute. :)

Chewbacca has killed and roasted one and the others sit around looking sad at him.

12. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    There was at least another half hour cut from the original cut RJ made. What do you bet it’s all porg scenes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm sorry, to be honest I haven't fully read the TOC. I'll accept whatever punishment comes my way.

14. akaydia

akaydia Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

I'm so glad this didn't happen in the movie.

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I loved these guys. Chewie getting really annoyed at the group of them in the cockpit made me laugh. They actually made Ahch-To feel more natural and peaceful with their appearances every now and then, and their chirps in the background.

Strongbow, 11-4D, Master_Lok and 6 others like this.
  16. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Obviously the Millennium Falcon will be in Episode IX...there were lots of Porgs on it...think we will see the Porgs in IX too?:)

17. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I loved every single second of the Porgs. The use of them in Rey's "circle of life" Force vision was especially sweet.

Finland Skywalker, B3, 11-4D and 5 others like this.
  18. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Page-turners, they are not.

Pensivia and Strongbow like this.
  19. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I wonder. Do Luke and the Caretakers eat Porgs? Roast Porg, Porg omelets, fried Porg, Porg yakitori, etc.

20. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    You just made me hungry. [face_laugh]

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  21. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Heh. And I’m vegan. Ken at Collider Jedi Council always talked about roasted Porg. Inside info?

Darth Smurf and Master_Lok like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_rofl]
    Oh, that is terrible...but funny as hell. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Thanks for posting. :bluesaber:

23. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I think it's time to address something TLJ clearly showed us, but many here have overlooked :
    Porgs are Force-Sensitive :
    _ they live on a "Force imbued" world, strongly connected to the origins of the Jedi themselves. Not to mention the presence of that very mysterious underwater cave...

_ why don't they have a beak ? There is a reason why all of our birds have one : It's an essential piece of anatomy for them. It allows them to hunt / grab food much more easily and efficiently. Well, the answer is simple : they don't need it because they can use the Force instead.

_ they are unnaturally attracted to Anakin's Lightsaber, a force imbued object (remember, it "called out" to Rey). And despite their apparent clumsy attempt to use it, they managed to not get harmed by the weapon...

_ Chewbacca grew up on a jungle world : he is an accomplished hunter with sharp senses. Yet the porgs have no problems sneaking up on him and taking him by surprise. This is no natural feat ! Something else must be at play here.

_ as we clearly saw in "Return of the Jedi", Chewie is completely incapable of resisting the appeal of meat. Even though the meat he was presented was an obvious trap, his instincts and urges were simply too strong.
    Now fast-forward to "The Last Jedi" : the same Chewbacca is now shown completely losing his appetite after staring at a porg for just a bit too long ? That doesn't make any sense ! There is only one explanation possible : the Porgs used the "Force mind-trick" on our poor wookie !

_ the only thing these little freaks lacked was the ability of interstellar travel ... and our heroes just provided it for them ! Why do you think Luke decided to never leave the planet ? He knew these sneaky creatures were way too dangerous to be allowed to spread through the galaxy. He simply couldn't take the risk to fly off and have a couple of porgs slipping onto his ship without him noticing. Heck, he even took the extra precaution of putting his X-wing underwater, just to make sure no porg would nest in it.

Beware, as the biggest threat to the galaxy has just been unleashed right under our noses ! Luke did try to warn Rey "This is not going to go the way you think" but the rash young woman esacped before he could finish his warning.
    Just like Padme & Jar Jar inadvertidly allow Sidious to rise to power, Rey & Chewie did the same with the porgs : history repeats itself !

24. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Porgs are lovely. But Chewie could have done better with more seasonings.

25. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I think it should be fairly obvious to even a casual viewer that the porgs are clearly physical manifestations of the midichlorians. I defy you to prove me wrong.

JeeediMoriah and GregMcP like this.