main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The possible troubles with hiring the original cast...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthMane2, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think Harrison Ford and Mark Hammil can do it, but not Carrie Fisher. I saw a standup show with her on TV a couple of months ago, took me 5 minutes to realize it was her. She doesn’t look similar at all, and it’s not just fat, her face looks really warped.

2. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    Great point, and that tells you all you need to know, plus how old was Alec Guiness in 1977?

3. PleaseNoTimeTravel

PleaseNoTimeTravel Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2012
    That's because it's not an apples to apples comparison. Like Guiness, when he started getting older, Hamill looks much better with a beard.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    We do need to see Han and Leia. Even in a small role. I feel it could work if the storyline features them caught in some adventure where they have been captured and the new generation are off to save them. That way they are not the focus, but they are a big part of the plot.

Luke needs to have a fairly big role as most people on here agree in a Ben Kenobi, teacher like role.

All three actors need a few good personal training sessions, but with a bit of disney make-up they will be fine. Who cares anyway? I mean, its Luke, Leia and Han. They can Jazz Leia up with fancy hair styles and clothes anyway and Han can be sorted like he was for Indiana Jones 4. Luke's fight scenes can use stunt doubles like they did with some PT actors. I reckon he will be ok though.

I really hope they keep what most of us cherished about the OT, the style of the trilogy was all cobbled together things like lightsabers made from exisiting items and just changed... I want that hardware look not the clean lines and machined metal look of the PT.

5. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't want to see Mark, Han & Carrie in prison for 2 hrs while some kids go to save them. They'll have to construct a better story than that. It all seems real obvious to me but I'm not writing it. But they really have to bring back the OT cast and let them hand on the torch.

6. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    I hope beyond hope for:

1. Limited Cameos from Harrison and Carrie. NO DEATH
    2. Lots of Luke in a Mentor role. NO DEATH

In general; Don't crush my Childhood, Disney.

UKS

7. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Guys, but this is different. Christopher Lee and Alec Guiness were cast as the "old guys" in the first place. They are good trusted actors that can really act well as old guys. We don't know if that's the case for Mark Hamill. He hasn't done much acting, and i don't think he looks as cool as those two guys. Also, Mark Hamill is not chosen as "let's find the old guy", he would be chosen as "we have to let the once young actor to play the old guy". And that is usually much worse, because it is a "forced" decision.

8. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    It's not "we have to let the once young actor to play the old guy" it's "once young Luke will be old guy now", there is a difference

TreborSabreon likes this.
  9. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Yes he has. Not on camera. But he has been a very popular voice actor for the last twenty years.

UKS

10. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah but Mark can still act, actually, he's better now. He's perfect play "Old Luke" and they would be out of their minds to recast that role.

-SummerMendocino-, yodasbum and SamiS like this.
  11. Darth_Darkmoon

Darth_Darkmoon Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

For me, it works...

People get older, they look different. Sometimes age is not so kind on people but that's life. Why should it be different in Star Wars?

12. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    That pic is awesome!

13. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Not so bad...It's OK with me if they are not trying to make him act like a young guy (like Harrison Ford in Indy IV). I can accept limited roles for Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher. But don't try to make them look younger or whatever. I have thought of Harrison Ford as a successful business guy who has a Space Ship renting business. His ships would be (still!) a little of a disaster, but they would be know as the faster ships in the galaxy :)

BTW, very cool pic!

14. serso

serso Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2001
    Very cool pic Darth_Darkmoon! I can see it work too!

15. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Yea, he is The "Joker"

16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    And I have to add, a damn good Joker.

His portrayal in Arkham Asylum/Arkham City are really really good.
    I would not compare him to Ledger, because they are two radically different takes on the character.
    Hamill's is a bit more comicbook-like, and sick and twisted in his own way.

-SummerMendocino- likes this.
  17. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Mark with grey hair and beard would totally rock the part. The diginified older Jedi is harder to mess up than a one-note young man (and Mark still managed to pull it off naturally when he was much younger).

18. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012

He doesn't look that old here..he's almost ready here .

19. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Ok I'm am going to post recent footage as of last year. He may have let go of himself a little but I'm sure they can get him back to this shape that he was last year.

I mean look at the shape this guy was of this year even ^

He can pull it off as a older Luke

20. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    It always confuses me when people imply the reason these big three cannot return is because they don't look as good anymore. Get those crummy acting good looking people out of my movies, and give me something with substance. We forget what makeup can do. We forget what a little exercise can do. We forget that even character are allowed to age. hands down not having them around or having new actors would be more awkward than having "old people" in the parts.

21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The whole "they're too old" pseudo-argument is starting to really, really piss me off.

Besides, what Fleab88 said - a bit of make up, a bit of excersise. And yes - even if they have lightsabers and planet-destroying moon sized space stations, people do age. And there is nothing wrong with that.

TreborSabreon and El_Machete12 like this.
  22. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I cannot agree more. OMG, people also grow old in the GFFA? Who knew?

JainaSoloYJK and El_Machete12 like this.
  23. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I wopuldnt expect to seem them all back. obviously it is up to when the ST will play. it is only logical that they won't ask 60 year old hamill and 70ish year old ford to play 30 somethings again.

24. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Similar age Alec was 63 when Star Wars opened. Mark is now 61.

25. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I really can't think of a better person who looks like an older Luke Skywalker or an actor who can act, as good, as an older Luke Skywalker than Mark Hamill. The perfect choice and really would have strong echos to the OT and PT.