main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Power of Three: The world of Charmed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Juliet316, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    For 8 magical seasons, four sisters: Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs), Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), and young half sister Paige (Rose McGowan), have charmed their fans, battled demons, and grabbled with their personal lives and powers on the WB series Charmed. They've loved, lost, married, died and have had children. All of these events have had drastic events on the Charmed Ones' lives.

So to start off this discussion thread: What is your favorite episode of Charmed and what are your thoughts on this, it's possibly final year?

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Dr. Doom himself was the only reason I watched the show a few years ago. I'm not a huge fan, but the ideas dotted around are nice.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Julian was a charmer wasn't he? :D He really did make seasons three and four enjoyable. I'm still saddened that the Phoebe/Cole love story got destroyed in Season Five.

Forgot to mention my favorite Charmed ep which is "All Hell Breaks Loose." It's really sentimental when you know what's coming.

4. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Charmed! Started watching the show from the very beginning and I've always stuck with it. I think Season Six was the most interesting- though it did have some weak episodes. But the plot points they introduced were very fascinating.

Till they dropped them, that is. Season Seven could have done so well- but instead it was mediocre. And Season Eight? *shudders* Billie is the most pointless character ever created. I love the show, and I will watch it to the end, but... Billie ruined it for me.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I actually thought Season 7 was a pretty good year with the Avatars and Leo finally choosing to become human for good. Unfortunately they seem to have forgotten this "Great Evil" that was supposed to be arising unless the elders were talking about the Avatars, in which case the Avatar arc should've gone the full year and had a much more climatic ending

Truth be told I haven't watched much of Season 8 yet. I think there could have been some very interesting things done based on the Season 7 finale, but so far it seems very much of the aimless. While I still love Charmed, I do hope that this is the final season as I think the show as run it's course and I think the actors are tired as well (that's how I figured Buffy was only going seven seasons, the actors looked like they were phoning it in in the early part of the season).

I hope the rest of season 8 picks up because I don't want Charmed to go out on a mediocre note.

6. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Yep hasnt quite been the same without the charming Cole. Not a huge fan of this Billie storyline so far, and Im really bummed Leo is a popsicle.

7. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Not sure we are up to this yet in the UK.
    My fiance LOVES the show.
    I quite like watching one of the witches. [face_blush]

They have had some good story lines though.
    I quite liked the one where the day kept restarting.
    That cracked me up.

8. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I love the show, but I think that some of the storylines they use could be a bit better. I think that Seasons 3, 4, part of 5, and 6 were the best. Mainly because they included Cole and Chris. But that's slightly beside the point.

I think the biggest mistake that they've made this season wasn't introducing Billie, (it could be worse guys, honestly!) but rather freezing Leo so they could afford to hire more big-name guest stars. I mean come on! Leo's been there since season one! They've already gotten rid of Darryl and now Leo?

Somehow, I just don't see this going for much more then a season or two. :( Unless they bring back Leo.

Or Chris. Chris would be nice.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    CONFIRMED! This is it for Charmed.

From Yahoo.com

'Charmed' a Casualty of WB-UPN Change
    Friday March 3 4:24 PM ET

The spell is broken. The witches on "Charmed" won't be making the move when the WB network combines forces with UPN to become the CW network in the fall.

A WB spokesman confirmed a TV Guide report on Friday that said the supernatural series, which stars Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs, will end after eight seasons in May.

With "7th Heaven" having already announced its exit, it means that two WB long-running series won't move to the CW. The WB and UPN will both shut down in September.

The final episode of "Charmed" will air on May 21, TV Guide said.

"It's been a hell of a run," Brad Kern, executive producer, told the magazine. "But all good things must come to an end."

So sad. I hope Kern has penned a hell of an ending.:(

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Charmed One's Guardian Angel will be dethawed as Brian Krause's Leo will reappear in the final two episodes of the series.

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I caught a couple random episodes of this and thought: ugh.

12. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    I absolutely love Charmed! I've seen most of Seasons 1 and 2, all of 3,4, and 5, and some of 8. I never really got to see seasons 6 and 7, but I want to. My favorite episode has to be All Hell Breaks Loose. Man, that episode was powerful! Billie is okay I guess, but I don't really like how the 8th season doesn't totally focus on the sisters, but on her all the time. Oh, and which episode did Leo get "frozen" or whatever?

13. digitalman2006

digitalman2006 Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2006
    leo was frozen in the end of season 7. don't remember the title of the episode. sorry.

14. digitalman2006

Mar 24, 2006
    Five weeks left. Does anyone have a prediction on how the series will end? I think Billie will try to come up with a plan to save her sister and the Halliwells. Would anyone agree?

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Uh, I've been almost throughly spoiled, so anything I have to say at this point will have to be blacked out.

S
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s

I will say That Billie joins her sister in fighting the Halliwells, Leo gets defrosted and Phoebe gets married.

16. digitalman2006

Mar 24, 2006
    Pardon me for asking juliet; but why won't you say what is on your mind or is it something that you don't want to give away?

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's a mix of something that I don't want to give away for those trying not to be spoiled and that it's a rule that if you post spoilers for a show that still is still in production (or has unaired eps left like Charmed has) that you have to blackout spoilers for those shows. I have to recheck the spoiler policy but I think you can drop the blackout about two or three weeks after an episode has aired in the US.

But really even if it wasn't a rule, since there isn't an offical spoiler thread for Charmed, I'd still blackout the spoilers out of curtesy for those who want to remain surprised before the end.:_|

18. digitalman2006

Mar 24, 2006
    If that be the case then I agree and understand. There is no reason to spoil the rest of show for the other fans and there is no need to cry.

19. digitalman2006

Mar 24, 2006
    Four heartpounding episodes left and it looks very interesting. Right now it's sisters against sisters. Who has any ideas on how the outcome will be?

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Upping this for discussion on Part one of the two part finalie. Keep in mind the spoiler rules of this board: Spoilers are considered to be anything within the first 72 hours of an aired episode. Please Blackout spoilers until then.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

O
    N
    E

M
    O
    R
    E

T
    O

G
    O

Oh wow, that was a heartpounding episode. The end especially with Piper holding Phoebe's dead body and her trying to strangle Billie. Is it me or is anybody else worried about Piper seemingly using the Hollow in next week's ep?

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    So I've just started watching Charmed and am on Season 2. My sister recorded seasons 2-8 off of TIVO and I find myself laughing at the TNT ads that say "All of the DRAMA of Charmed."

:p

Charmed has it's serious moments, but I don't think it would be classified as a drama. If anything it's more in the vein of "Ally McBeal" that it's a dramedy.

I think my favorite sisters are Prue and Phoebe. I like Piper (her power ROCKS!) but I just haven't completely warmed up to her yet. I do have to say, I love Leo [face_love]

Anywhoo - I do know Prue dies so that's no big spoiler for me, but I don't know much about the show otherwise, so I'll keep updating you on my progress through the series!

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    PadmeLeiaJaina, wait until Season 3 on forward, that's where you'll get the real drama of Charmed. Yeah it still had it's campy moments, but Prue's death really did darken the show.

And wait until you see Cole. [face_love]

23. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay- the finale.

I'm not really sure what to say. On one hand, they brought back Wyatt and Chris! And I liked the principal of going back in time. Actually, I was pretty sure that was going to happen when I saw the first part. However, the second part...

They were supposed to kill Billie off! Dead! Die! And they didn't. SUCH a pity. I really hate her character. And I found it a complete and utter cop-out that she and Billie were 'the ultimate power'. *bangs head*

Season 7- I think it would have been better if they drew out the Avatar story-line. Fitting both storylines in that one season was too much, both of them lacked a certain depth. And Season 8- yeah, I guess there could have been worse changes than adding in Billie- but she was still horrible.

She was a complete Mary Sue. Same with Christy. And anyone pick up on the CHRIS-ty? *sigh* When people said they wanted more Chris, it didn't mean they wanted a half-bit Mary Sue named Chris-ty. They wanted the REAL one.

Cupid...the idea was cute, until he got together with Phoebe. Then I found it nauseating.

In one way, I could understand taking Leo away. But I found the idea ridiculous in the first place. Get rid of Billie, bring back Leo.

I watched the show from the series premiere and I watched it to the series finale. But througout the entire eighth season, I pretty much had to FORCE myself to watch the show. It tanked. Horribly.

I'm sad that it's over, because, well, it was eight years of my life I spent rooting for that show. But...I was disppointed by the end. And I hope that if they do a spin-off, it will be of Wyatt and Chris and Billie will have met a horrible death beforehand, so there's no mention of her whatsoever. Oh, and the 'cousins' can be...non-existant.

24. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Did they ever explain what happened to the baby Phoebe had with Cole? I missed a few episodes around that time and have yet to catch them in re-runs. All I remember (and I could be remembering it wrong) is that somehow her baby was stolen from her womb by the seer?

Did they ever have a story resolving that issue at all,?

25. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Ooh, that was a while ago, in Season 4. Um, the Seer stole Phoebe's baby (the Source) and tried to take the power and become the Source herself. HOWEVER, Phoebe, Paige and Piper managed to stop that from happening. They destroyed the Source, the Seer and also ended up destroying the child as well. I think the reasoning was that the child was fathered by evil and therefore could never be good or something like that. I don't quite remember- it's been years since I saw that. Though I'll get to see it in a few weeks time, since the local channel that shows Charmed is now rerunning Season 4. Yesterday is when Cole turned into the Source and today was the ep with three Phoebes from different time periods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.