main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thank you @s_heffley next up is @B3

1.) Why did you choose B3 as your name

2.) How did you find the JCF

3.) What is your favorite part of Star Wars

4.) Who is your favorite character

5.) What is your least favorite part about the Star Wars community

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Well, first of all, B3 is an abbreviation of Bail B. Baobab, which was my original username. The way that came about was this: When I first looked at (re)joining the boards, it seemed that everyone had a punny and/or geeky-dorky SW username. With that in mind, I wanted to go for a "John Smith" type of generic-sounding name. That is, generic in the context of the GFFA. So I decided to pick a first name and a last name borne by multiple characters in SW, with preference given to visual media over the EU. I wrote a handful of names in each column and proceeded to mix and match. It could have been Mace Antilles, for example. The combination of Bail and Baobab appealed to me, so I went with that. The middle initial was originally for purposes of euphony; an extra syllable somehow helped it roll off the tongue more easily. Now that I've abbreviated it to B3 (which was pretty much a random midlife crisis decision tbh) I've decided that the B. actually stands for B3, making my full name Bail B3 Baobab, echoing the name of my distant cousin Ebenn Q3 Baobab. So yeah.

I think I was browsing Wookieepedia and came across a message on a Talk page instructing posters to refrain from discussing the topic of the page and that that sort of thing should be taken to the Jedi Council Forums. So I googled the JCF and began reading and lurking. I actually joined briefly during the temp board phase, but my computer fried not long after that and I stopped coming. My username back then was postpunkpa'lowick, in case anyone was wondering. :p
    When the Disney sale was announced, I knew right where to look to find out just what the deal was. I lurked for a bit, then voilĂ : Bail B. Baobab.

Just one? The nuttiness.

Again, just one? I really don't know if I can answer that.
    Luke, Han, and Leia are like family; I don't think of them as characters to be liked or disliked. They're just people I've known since I was a toddler. So not them.
    I honestly can't think of an answer to this, so I'm going to say it's a toss up between Sy Snootles, Ackmena, and Palpatine. Make of that what you will.

The anger. The sense of entitlement. The lack of appreciation for the cute, quirky, and camp. People who are so emotionally and intellectually invested in the franchise yet so spectacularly miss the essence of the whole thing.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    What is your favourite animated movie and tv show?

Ever been abroad (and for that matter, which country are you from?) :)

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I always forget that your name used to be Bail B. Baobab

s_heffley and Pensivia like this.
  5. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    But we started our accounts around the same time! :_|

6. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I'm a terrible nerd. I've been trying to think of something to say besides The Simpsons and I honestly can't. So for TV show I'll go with Simpsons from Tracey Ullman to about 1998ish. I also consistently enjoy Bob's Burgers.
    As for my favorite animated movie? Yikes. No clue. The Secret of NIMH made a big impression on me as a child, so I'll say that.
    As you can tell, I'm not exactly an animation connoisseur. :p

I'm from the USA, specifically Illinois, right on the border with Wisconsin. I've lived in the same county my whole life.
    Does Canada count as abroad? Because I've been to Canada. Well, the Great Lakes part of Ontario, which is pretty much the same geographic region I live in, but hey! it's another country!
    I have also been to France, specifically Paris, the Loire valley, Brittany, and Normandy. But that's it for travel abroad.

7. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    What would you do if a duck walked up to your lemonade stand and asked you if you had any grapes?

8. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    If it were a *****-*** troll duck like the one in the song, I'd wring its neck.

Actually, if I had a lemonade stand, which is in itself highly unlikely, I'd probably have fruit garnishes available, because why not? And so I'd have grapes on hand. Maybe even little plastic sabers on which to skewer them. I'd like to see the look on that duck's face then.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Who is your favorite Star Wars Director other than George Lucas?

What movie needs a sequel?

@B3

s_heffley likes this.
  10. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Irvin Kershner. I think.

I was going to rank them, but as always I struggle to do so. I could tell you my least favorite, though. And it isn't John Korty. :p

In SW? Battle For Endor. An adult Cindel travelling the galaxy in the starship she inherits from Noa and getting into who knows what kind of adventures? That's new era SW gold.

Also Solo.

11. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    (since you are a birdwatcher), If you could be any species of bird, what species would you pick and why?:p

@B3

12. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Which is better, the Holiday Special or Caravan of Courage? :p

13. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I keep thinking and thinking about this. There are so many beautiful, interesting birds, but I still have to come back to my initial answer, which is something I've in fact declared before: I would like to be a duck. Maybe even a mallard. Quite possibly in a park setting. Those ducks really have it cushy.
    But seriously. Ducks are attractive birds. And they're both decent flyers and at home on the water, but not helpless on land like, say, a loon. Yes they sometimes have violent interactions, but overall it looks like a pretty chill lifestyle. Get a nice pond or inlet somewhere. Do a little dabbling. Maybe hatch a brood of ridiculously cute ducklings. Then fly down to Memphis for the winter. Sounds good to me.

14. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Yes

15. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    If you could only watch one non SW non comic book non cartoon movie for the rest of your life what would it be?

Jedi Knight Fett, Pensivia and B3 like this.
  16. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover

Ok no, not really. :p

Asking this question is like asking which of my children I would save from a fire when I don't have any children. I can't think of any movie I'd want to watch the rest of my life. I'd just go outside if that were the case.

But lol that you specified non comic book. Those would not be a problem. :p

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  17. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    ^That's a great answer!

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Favorite TV show @B3

s_heffley likes this.
  19. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I have no idea. I've liked a lot of shows over the years, mostly comedies, but I can't for the life of me think of one I'd call my favorite. I don't get into TV shows the way a lot of people do in this age of bingewatching.
    I will say I have a dim hope that one of the forthcoming SW tv series will become my "favorite". Time will tell, I guess. :p

20. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    When do you think you will level up to B4? Is there any chance you get like a super level up and jump to B5?

21. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    As soon as I can collect the blue ring and the maru mari and find one of those dang tanooki suits. Then look out.

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    @B3

1. Did you ever go to Star Wars Celebration? If yes, what was your experience like?
    2. What does SW mean to you?
    3. What did you think of the Disney acquisition? Did your opinion change over time?
    4. What change would you make to the saga or its characters?
    5. What's your favorite genre in stories?

23. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    No, I never have. I might if it comes back to Chicago.
    Wonder. Beauty. A perfect balance of the sublime and the ridiculous; the cozy and the awe-inspiring; the familiar and the alien; the nostalgic and the undreamt of...
    Shock. And, in a way, relief. No more wondering about who would take over the reins or whether GL would just lock the rights to SW away until some future Evil Corporation exhumed them for unscrupulous exploitation. Which may still happen, I suppose, but at least the guesswork has been taken out of the equation. :p
    Not really, because from the get go I've been cautiously optimistic. That is, optimistic for films apart from the main numbered saga. I've always been sceptical that anyone other than Lucas could make a coherent third chapter to what has, especially after the Prequels, become very much the product of a single mind and worldview, and I was sceptical at first that he would go along with merely advising the process. My hope was that he would somehow step up and take an even larger role in the ST's production, but my expectation was that he would be overruled and shut out. So I wasn't too surprised when he and LFL parted ways. Which is all to say that I always expected the ST to feel disjointed.
    Now the spinoffs, on the other hand, have from the very first gotten me excited, and I thought RO really delivered on that front. I guess if there's been a change in my feelings it's been since the whole mess with Solo and the shelving of the Anthology project. But then those stories now look like they'll still get told via television, which is something I've wanted since the buyout, so I remain cautiously optimistic on that front.
    Tl;dr I'm happy that the Saga is being retired for the time being and everyone can now stop pretending to be Lucas and get on with making new and interesting variations on SW for a variety of media.
    At this point? No Sequel Trilogy. Or, make a very different ROTJ which leaves room for a ST.
    Oh yeah. Get rid of Jabba in ANH and bring back Lapti Nek.
    Fantasy, fairy tale, and myth, served with a dollop of feigned history.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    B3! sorry if i'm late to the party (as always)

1. battle royale - bea arthur vs. estelle getty vs. rue mclanahan vs. betty white. each gets a plastic baseball bat, good manners, and three tubs of country crock baking spread. who's the last golden girl standing?
    2. how far can you punt a football?
    3. you're locked in your refrigerator, what do you eat first?
    4. salacious crumb, boss nass, or rian johnson? ewoks, gungans, or porgs? blue, green, or red lightsabers? old ben kenobi or old luke skywalker?
    5. cast the movie of your life. director, actors, and who plays seagoat.

25. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    B3, if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?