main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    6. Yes! I have seen all three episodes of the Mandalorian so far and I am enjoying it. I like the look of the environments and the story has piqued my curiousity so I am really interested in seeing it through to the end.

7. I tend to steer clear of fan theories. Tried reading some early on and decided it wasn't for me so I don't subscribe to any youtube videos or magazine/opinion websites.

8. I don't remember how I found JCF but I lurked for a long time. Finally registered a couple years ago because not many people in my day to day life are fans of Star Wars that I can interact with.

9. My favorite lightsaber color is blue.

10. My favorite of the 4 seasons is fall for a couple reasons. So many birthdays and holidays that are important to me. Marine Corps birthday, Veterans day, Daughter's birthday, Thanksgiving. Fall always brought about basketball and I loved to watch my daughter play.

3. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

or....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  4. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Blue!

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    11.) Do you follow any sports? If so which is your favorite?

12.) Have you read any Star Wars books or comics?

13.) What is your favorite holiday of the year

14.) What Star Wars character from the prequel trilogy do you think we should see more of?

15.) What Star Wars project are you most excited for? (Rise of Skywalker, Mandalorian, Kenobi etc)

@wobbits

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    wobbits likes this.
  6. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    11. I was a huge NFL fan years ago. I even played Fantasy Football and came in 1st place my first year. I also watch baseball and basketball. My daughter has played basketball since elementary school and was recruited to play college ball. My favorite sport is horse racing. I've loved the sport since reading the Black Stallion in my early teenage years. Not in it for the gambling, I like how something unexpected or history making can occur in 2 minutes or less. The science of the different bloodlines interests me the most.

12. It took me a long time to get into the books and comics. Years ago I refused to read EU novels because they weren't George's stories. I didn't want to affect my excitement for what George may do in film if he had ever chosen to make more. I broke down and read the Darth Bane trilogy because I figured we'd never get a film on that time period and his character interests me. The movie novels I have read as well except for the ST. Since then I have read the Claudia Gray novels, and the Queen's Shadow. I want to go back now and read the Old Republic novels.

13. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. My daughter was born on Thanksgiving and something about that day, just being with family members and making good familiar food is happiness to me.

14. I'd like to see more of the early years of Vader post suit. I know there are people who claim he already had 6 films but I would like to see the dynamic between him and Palps as it could be very emotional. Palps wanted him for his power but he lost some of his potential once the suit went on. Resignation and regret on Vader's part, disappointment on Palpatine's would make for compelling turmoil. I was really hoping we'd see Anakin return in TROS to play a part in getting rid of Palps once and for all, some small meaningful contribution but I have let go of that hope at this point.

15. I am looking forward the most to the Kenobi series. Great to have Ewan back and hoping that the new series doesn't do any damage to the PT.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    16.) What is your favorite animal?

17.) What is your favorite deleted scene in all of Star Wars?

18.) Would you like to see the 4 hour long version of Revenge of the Sith?

19.) What Star Wars movie do you think should have been longer?

20.) do you like to play any instruments?
    @wobbits

8. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    16. My favorite animals are horses.

17. The death of Shaak Ti from ROTS

18. I would definitely watch a 4 hour version of ROTS. Absolutely.

19. ROTS

20. Does the radio count? :p I haven't played any instruments since middle school. I played the clarinet in concert band and marching band.

9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Do you find the tech talk in SW easy to understand?

wobbits likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    @wobbits
    1) What's you greatest hopes/fears for the future of the SW franchise?
    2) What would be your ideal SW story?
    3) Were you convinced by Anakin's fall to the darkside?
    4) What's your thoughts on the ST so far?
    5) What are your thought on the portrayals of the Jedi in the PT?
    6) What do you think of romance in SW?
    7) Do you play any SW game?

11. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Typically I don't get into the technicalities or scientific aspects of Star Wars. I've never really been interested in the different ship models and capabilities but I don't have a hard time grasping what they are going for as it relates to technical advances.

My interest lies in the overall story being told.

12. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    1. My greatest hope is that whatever comes next doesn't do any more damage to Lucas' story and lore. My greatest fear is that the current powers that be will continue to imitate Twilight and think that shippers are going to replace fans who have never been in it for romance.

2. I have never really thought about what my ideal SW story would be. I don't make up theories. I tend to go by what's shown.

3. Yes. I can absolutely understand how someone his age would be scared to death of losing his wife after the visions about his mother came true.

4. I do not care for the ST. To me it doesn't feel like a natural continuation of the story it follows. It's a reboot that rips off scenes from the OT while ignoring that the PT exists in a substantial way. Appearances of pod race flags on Takodana, Ewan's voice, etc to me don't emotionally tie the current films to their predecessors. It takes more than just a strategically placed battle droid shot - to me that's nothing more than lip service. I also dislike the toxic relationship they're teasing between the first female Jedi protagonist and the 30 year old emo Darth Affluenza. I dislike Kylo Ren and haven't been given a reason to care about any of the other new characters.

5. I think they were arrogant/hypocritical/dogmatic and misguided. I was raised in a strict Southern Baptist home until the age of 15 and my stepmother was one of those who practiced the Do as I say, not as I do, interpretation of religion. That affected my feelings regarding how the PT Jedi were shown.

6. I am female but I have never watched Star Wars because of romance. As a kid growing up with the OT I loved the adventure and loved Princess Leia. I have always been disappointed that she never was given any Jedi training after the reveal that she and Luke were siblings. She would have been kick ass! People complain about the romance in the PT and although I understood why it was there, it needed to be written better. Natalie Portman was not very convincing to me as a woman who was supposedly truly deeply in love. She was wooden and her line delivery sucked. I absolutely loathe this supposed romance between Rey and Kylo.

7. I have never played any Star Wars games. My ex husband bought me The Force Unleashed one year for my birthday or Christmas but it never got opened because he and my former stepson couldn't find the time to let anyone else use the game console.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  13. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    @wobbits
    Darth Affluenza, classic [face_rofl]

Have you been to any type of Star Wars convention or celebration? Would you be interested?

14. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Unfortunately I have never been to Celebration. :( I would love to go. I just went to my first fan event in October and had a good time.

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @wobbits
    1) What do you think are the main themes of the saga?
    2) What are Leia's greatest strengths and weaknesses to you?
    3) Do you think Obi-Wan was right to hide the truth from Luke about his father and twin sister?
    4) What do you think of politics in SW?
    5) Greatest SW soundtrack?
    6) Favorite (non-SW) movies/TV shows/books?
    7) What do you think of the depiction of the Force in the 3 trilogies?
    8) Do you believe in Vader's redemption in RotJ?
    9) What do you think are the main differences between our 3 main lead character arcs?
    10) Did your opinion of the PT change over time? If yes, how?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  16. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    what's the best question you've ever been asked

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    21.) Who is the best fictional character of all time?

22.) What is the worst injury you have ever had?

23.) what is your favorite thing to eat?

24.) Do you think George Lucas made the right call in waiting like 15 years between the prequels and the originals?

25.) what Star Wars character do you like the least

@wobbits

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    wobbits likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well it’s that time next up is @Felicia

1.) Why did you choose that name for your username?

2.) What is your favorite lightsaber color?

3.) What is your favorite scene in all of Star Wars?

4.) What character do you like the most?

5.) What do you like the most about the prequels

20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @Felicia
    1) Favorite SW soundtrack
    2) what did you think when you learned GL sold SW to Disney? Did you change your mind since then?
    3) What are your greatest hopes/fears for the future of SW?
    4) Favorite movies/TV shows/books ?
    5) What do you think of romance in SW?
    6) Favorite/worst dishes?
    7) What would be your ideal SW story?
    8) Did you always love the prequels or did you change your mind over time?
    9) Do you play sports?
    10) What do you think of Jar Jar Binks?

21. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    1) My grandmother's name was Felicia. She loved Star Wars and she used to watch the film's with me when I was a little girl. On Christmas Eve we would have a Marathon and watch them all every year until she passed away. I'm happy that she got to see The Force Awakens because she got to see Luke one last time on the big screen.

2) I would have to say my favorite light saber color would be yellow. I would choose yellow because I lean more towards being a Sentinel Jedi. I am good with technology and I like the idea of going under cover to solve mysteries. I also wouldn't mind a pink lightsaber just because I like the color pink.

3) My favorite scene in all of Star Wars would have to be at the end of Return of the Jedi when Luke throws down his light saber and says "You have failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me." It's my favorite because I know that Luke knew all of the horrible things Vader had done to others and even to him but he refused to kill his father and he chose to forgive him. He also referred to Anakin as a Jedi because Anakin was indeed a good man before he was manipulated into doing bad things for someone who just wanted to use him. I believe that along with Luke saying "Father please help me." turned Vader's heart. The story between Luke and Vader/Anakin in Return of the Jedi was truly remarkable.

4) In the prequel trilogy I would have to say Padme. I loved the idea of how strong she was and I don't mean just firing a weapon as she did in the arena on Geonosis or dealing with those bureaucrats in the Senate. She loved Anakin Skywalker and he was not an easy man to love. He was wrought with emotional trauma over his mom and always tetering on self destruction. Padme was no dummy and she would see it and try to comfort him. That can take its toll on a woman. Padme also had to deal with her pregnancy while watching Anakin self destruct. A lot of people laugh when they say Padme died of a broken heart but I see it differently. Padme had been force choked by her husband and was already going through an emotional trauma herself and then giving birth. Her body had gone through a lot and it just gave out.

5)I always wanted to know what Luke and Leia's mom was like when they were younger. I wanted to see Anakin Skywalker in his prime and I got to see that too. I wanted to see if Yoda could go toe to toe with Sidious after having read that Sidious had beaten him. While Qui Gon Jinn was only in one film he is still one of my top favorite characters of all time. There is also Darth Maul. There is so much to like about the prequels.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    6.) What do you think is the best lightsaber battle in all of The prequels?

7.) Which Star Wars movie do you think should have been longer?

8.) If you could visit any country where would you go?

9.) Have you seen the Mandalorian yet if so do you like it?

10.) Who would you like to direct a Star Wars movie who hasn’t already?
    @Felicia

23. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    6) Dual of the Fates will get an honorable mention here but I would have to say that "Battle of the Heroes" is my favorite of them all. The reason I enjoyed it the most is because of the story it told. Obi-Wan was in pain and hurting while struggling to put an end to a person he loved as a brother. The expressions on Ewans face said everything. Sadness, anger and regret. Everytime I hear Obi-Wan say "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you". It just touches my heart so much because it makes me think about my relationship with my parents and how they worked so hard to take care of me and tried to teach me to be the best version of myself that I could be. I also liked watching Anakin in this dual. I could see the weight of being called the "The Chosen One" all over his face. The weight of not living up to everyone's expectations even his own had beaten him down. Anger and regret was in his every motion. He was still trying to prove himself when Obi Wan struck him down and took his arms and legs. It was heartbreaking to watch. After Obi-Wan spent three movies trying to be the perfect Jedi and not showing any emotional attatchment he admitted that he "loved" Anakin. This "dual" was special especially when you pay attention to the "story" they were trying to tell.

7) I think that The Last Jedi should have been longer. Rian Johnson took a lot of risk within the story but it was self contained. It would have been nice to see more of Luke actually training Rey and to know why Luke was really afraid of training Rey. I believe there is more to the story.

8) I would like to visit Italy one day.

9) I have seen all five episodes and I think Jon Favreau has done a remarkable job. The story telling and mythology is on point. The attention to detail in story telling is something I pay attention to. The explanation about there only being One Mandalorian to be seen at a time is a perfect example of this.

10) This may sound strange but my opinion is that everyone is not suited to direct Star Wars unless they know the mythology or understand it. However to answer your question I would like to see Jon Favreau direct a Star Wars movie. As I watch the Mandalorian it looks like he knows and understands the Star Wars mythos. If he did not know it before now he has done a great job in learning it. The Mandalorian is a great testament to that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    11.) Do you like to play video games?

12.) What is your favorite behind the scenes fact in the prequels?

13.) What is your favorite season of the year?

14.) What is your favorite holiday?

15.) Out of any actor who hasn’t been in Star Wars who would you like to see?

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014