main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Favourite animated movie, since you already mentioned some for tv? :)

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    What now Legend non-Jedi/Sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?
    imperial knights. they're the only one that comes to mind, and i loved the legacy comics.

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?
    the one that thon was, tchuukthai. he was a force-wielding dragon triceratops.

Favourite non-human race/s that was new to the PT?
    the besalisk. for the one and only dexter jettster, not pong krell, **** that guy.

Which one/s of the non-human races we have seen in the PT would you like to know more about?
    the clawdites, one of the species of the "changelings."

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in the ST and/or the NEU would you like to know more about?
    tie, between the fish nuns for obvious awesomeness and the aki-aki dancing species in tros.

Which background character/s in ST deserve to get its/their story told?
    all of them, really. i'd like a bit more on ben, poe, holdo, pryde.

Favourite animated movie, since you already mentioned some for tv? :)
    allo darsk. it's batman: under the red hood. in the running are the lion king, into the spider-verse, batman: mask of the phantasm, and wall-e.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species in SW and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Favourite non-human species in SW and why?
    togruta - shaak ti and ahsoka, two brilliant characters. wonderful, intricate design that really highlights the vibrancy of the PT era.

Favourite SW culture and why?
    mandalorians - 100% due to the clone wars/mandalorian series. 0% for any content involving boba/jango fett, or mandalorians in general that preceded it.

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    you've got some really good questions. i'd love to see a race/character in SW in the mold of a tali in mass effect, the quarians. a synth/tech species looking for a home. perhaps in the way that the skrulls have been presented in the MCU (so far). a misunderstood, peaceful people that wants to stop fighting.

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?
    vikings. a physically imposing, non-force sensitive, human species of warriors.

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?
    the tripwire! i'd never have brought maul back. it cheapens obi-wan's accomplishment and qui-gon's sacrifice in tpm. i like a lot of what they've done with maul in recent media, but i'd still have rather him met his end, sawed in half at the bottom of a naboo reactor.

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?
    [​IMG]

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?
    so as a dirty american, i'll take "pie" to mean "hot pocket," a wonderful microwavable device through which one can consume many calories. many lovely flavors of hot pockets, but my favorite flavor is "cheddar cheeseburger." i'm not sure if they're made any more, nor if they should be. loads of scalding cheese goop, ketchup, and mystery meat made to look like hamburger in a flaky, often-burned crust pocket. nothing better. [face_flag]

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?

Non humanoid species are fun. Best non-humanoid sentient species' in SW?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in ST?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in EU only?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other Disney-owned fandoms?

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other, non-Disney-owned, fandoms?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    heels1785 likes this.
  6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    FINALLY!!

When you decided to like a college basketball team, why did you choose the most retched, and horrible team of them all?
    You don't live in New York but you like the stupid Yankees...why is that?
    Okay for real I don't think I know this....how did you become a Chiefs fan? (probably the only non-terrible team you like)
    You've been very vocal about your absolute hatred of the beginning of Return of the Jedi and anyone who enjoys it......why do you hate fun?
    and finally....
    [​IMG]

@heels1785

7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Who is the greatest Chief's player of all time and why is it Christian Okoye in Tecmo Super Bowl?

heels1785 likes this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?
    penguins. they're my favorite animal, next to miniaturized versions of goats and horses. if there could be a species of miniature goats in star wars, that would be fun, but maybe a tad impractical. so i'll stick with penguins.

Non humanoid species are fun. Best non-humanoid sentient species' in SW?
    the bor gullet! at least i don't think its humanoid. just lumpy. whatever oppo rancisis is runs a close second. the hutts are dead last, especially the purple one with stripes.

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in ST?
    trek or sequel trilogy? i'm actually stalling for more time on this one.

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in EU only?
    celegians. floating jellyfish brains.

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other Disney-owned fandoms?
    i am groot. are trees humanoid? i hope not. he does have eyes and legs, though.

Best non-humanoid sentient species' in other, non-Disney-owned, fandoms?
    ch'p, the squirrel green lantern

[​IMG]

When you decided to like a college basketball team, why did you choose the most retched, and horrible team of them all?
    [​IMG]

duke blows. also it's "wretched." off to a good start here, cubby.

You don't live in New York but you like the stupid Yankees...why is that? Okay for real I don't think I know this....how did you become a Chiefs fan? (probably the only non-terrible team you like).
    paul o'neill was my favorite player growing up. same for tennessee football, peyton manning was my favorite player growing up. same for chiefs, joe montana was my favorite player growing up, and i only started watching the nfl around the time he was traded there. my loyalty was originally to players, and then as i got older, i just stuck with the teams. i have a lot of loyalty to the minor league teams in my area, and i also pull for the likes of the braves and hornets when i can. but so many of the local college and pro teams were awful in the late 90s/early 00s, so i looked elsewhere.

You've been very vocal about your absolute hatred of the beginning of Return of the Jedi and anyone who enjoys it......why do you hate fun?

that is not fun. that is gross.

and finally....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who is the greatest Chief's player of all time and why is it Christian Okoye in Tecmo Super Bowl?
    christian okoye in madden ultimate team is pretty good too. i never played tecmo super bowl because video games were the devil when i was growing up.

the answer is DANTE HALL, the human joystick

[​IMG]

9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Favourite video games?

Ever written fanfic or made fanart of anything? :p

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Favourite video games?
    tie for three. ncaa football 2004, knights of the old republic, and final fantasy vii remake.

Ever written fanfic or made fanart of anything? :p
    [​IMG]
    (pretend that he's saying fanfic instead of politics)

i did some fun stuff on the RPF here, many moons ago, and met some lovely people. but never fanfic. i like reading it, though! like most forms of art, i am a consumer only. :p

11. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Hard hitting question here: What is the greatest Costacos Bros. poster?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why is Jim McMahon holding an uzi?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is no way any person ever bought a Bernie Kosar poster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any poster by them is a totally acceptable answer.

Gamiel and heels1785 like this.
  12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014

heels1785 likes this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Hard hitting question here: What is the greatest Costacos Bros. poster?

HERE WE GO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and last but not least

[​IMG]

Gamiel and Guidman like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I give to you... the Pengauani!

sequel trilogy

Trees ain't humanoid but sadly Groot is. Also he is Disney owned.

Any fanfics you recommend?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    heels1785 and darkspine10 like this.
  15. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Okay @heels1785 after losing to Sevilla I need to ask some questions :p

1. Who is Chelsea getting for defense this transfer window?
    2. sneks or rats?
    3. Does Greg Lukis still have the high ground?
    4. How do you rate Lampard's first season?
    5. Is it hot enough for ya this summer? :p

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    gam there was a really good one i read on here, a while back. need to go back and find it, but i'll let you know.

ejc. sorry mate, rough one today. full-court press for jadon sancho time.

1. Who is Chelsea getting for defense this transfer window?
    i think we'll overpay for chilwell or declan rice. i'd like to underpay for patrick van aanholt and declan rice. possibly grab vertonghen, since he's free. in an ideal world, we'd go sign koulibaly from napoli and would have beaten city for ake. ake, like salah, de bruyne, robben, cuadrado, etc. - players we gave up on far too early. :p

our back line won't be one year fix, though - we need help and depth everywhere.

2. sneks or rats?
    rats. anything > sneks

3. Does Greg Lukis still have the high ground?
    the greg lukis always has the high ground. it's his world, we're all just living in it.

4. How do you rate Lampard's first season?
    brilliant. would have liked the fa cup, but when you look around at the top clubs and what they spent last offseason, fourth is a miracle without hazard. spurs' meltdown and pulisic's form helped us a lot, but we were equally hamstrung by formerly reliable centre backs, and don't get me started on kepa. so yeah, miraculous. deserved some votes for pl moty, as pristine a job as kloppers did.

5. Is it hot enough for ya this summer? :p
    it is not. my office has been without a/c for a month and a half, so i am simulating what it's like to work outdoors. i hope you've found some relief from the heat.

also, i watched "his girl friday" this morning - i don't know if the channel is available in your neck of the woods, but turner classic movies is running their "summer under the stars" promo, where 24 hours of programming is devoted to one classic film star, each day. today's star is your guy cary grant. thought i'd give you a shout out.

[​IMG]

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite parings in SW?

favourite non-canon parings in SW?

favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?

favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.

any parings that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom

heels1785 likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    by pairings, i'm not necessarily thinking only romantic. sometimes, but also including partnerships.

Favourite parings in SW?
    so many. artoo/threepio, han/leia, anakin/obi-wan, ahsoka/rex, luke/mara, din/the child, jaina/jacen, cal/bd-1, maz/chewie, starkiller/juno, kyle/jan, and *gasp* reylo.

favourite non-canon parings in SW?
    can you clarify? like not movie-level canon, legends canon, not canon in the slightest (fan fiction, etc), or two characters who never met but i'd like them to. sorry, it's early and i am without caffeine thusfar.

favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?
    off the top of my head: clark kent/lois lane, clark kent/bruce wayne, bruce wayne/selina kyle, steve rogers/tony stark, scott summers/jean grey, john shepard/garrus vakarian, jean-luc picard/will riker, fox mulder/dana scully, jed bartlet/leo mcgarry, don draper/roger sterling, cloud strife/tifa lockhart/aerith gainsborough. and most recently, philip/elizabeth jennings.

favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.
    i had to google "crack pairings," as i wasn't familiar with it. i guess i'd go with bruce banner/natasha romanoff? maybe lando and his droid? ventress and kenobi from the clone wars?

any parings that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom
    so for this one i'm thinking purely romantic, because of the "get together" clause. bruce wayne and talia al-ghul come first to mind. clark kent and lana lang (smallville). troi and worf as shown by that one wild tng episode.

19. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ric Olie and Papanoida [face_mischief]

heels1785 likes this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    palpatine and darth traya

revenge of the wrinkles

21. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Favorite Hishe video?
    @heels1785

Do you like ROTJ?

Also, [:D]

heels1785 and Iron_lord like this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ferus! ^:)^

favorite hishe:

i do like rotj, very much. i make a sandwich during the jabba's palace stuff, but once we're on the barge, it's magnificent. the scene with luke/han/leia interchanging on the walkways and platforms above endor (right before luke leaves to confront vader) is one of my favorite in the saga.

now with the ST wrapped and its canon in place, i really want some quality EU material to fill in the gap between rotj and tfa. dozens and dozens of books, comics, games, tv, everything imaginable, send it all to me.

[​IMG]

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Marvel called, they have decided to reshuffle the member roster of the Avengers and you get to decide who should be in. The parameters are: the roster has to be at least seven members, but no larger then ten; that there has to be at least three members of each gender; and at least one member with a patriotic theme. You are allowed to have characters go back to an old superhero identity they ones had, or take up the mantle of another character. Which Marvel characters do you pic?

24. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    heels if you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?

Pensivia and heels1785 like this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    real quick, i want to add a podcast - ben mankiewicz's "the plot thickens." first season was a series of interviews with peter bogdanovich.

Marvel called, they have decided to reshuffle the member roster of the Avengers and you get to decide who should be in. The parameters are: the roster has to be at least seven members, but no larger then ten; that there has to be at least three members of each gender; and at least one member with a patriotic theme. You are allowed to have characters go back to an old superhero identity they ones had, or take up the mantle of another character. Which Marvel characters do you pic?
    captain america, jean grey, scarlet witch, captain marvel, storm, cyclops, iron man, spiderman (miles morales), thor, and squirrel girl.

heels if you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?
    a family tree.

[​IMG]