main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Which era do you think is the most interesting in Star Wars out of the 3 in the films? PT/ST/OT
    @clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    pt

there's just so much going on!

teamhansolo and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  3. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    If you were a scented marker what would you want to smell like?

How big do you think wombats are? (No cheating;))

What type of socks do you prefer?

Is Boba Fett overrated in your opinion?

4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
  5. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    teamhansolo

probably cinamon

2-3 feet?

any socks

absolutely

Emperor Ferus

are there any i don't?

teamhansolo likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  7. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay next up is @Jordan1Kenobi
    1.) How did you come up with your username?

2.) How did you find the JCF?

3.) What is your first memory of Star Wars?

4.) What is your favorite scene in the prequel trilogy?

5.) Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

Gamiel and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Hello everyone :D
    Long time user here, surprised I haven’t done this sooner.

1) Jordan1Kenobi is the username I use for everything. Here, YouTube, PlayStation, etc. It started waaaay back when I was making a Twitter account, and was wondering what to call myself. My name is Jordan. I love Star Wars. Obi-Wan is one of my favourite characters. So Jordan1Kenobi came along. I thought using a 1 instead of Wan was clever.

2) One day I sat down at the computer and thought “I want somewhere to talk about Star Wars”. So I googled Star Wars forums or something along those lines, and this is the one that came up first. So glad I found it. It’s been great here.

3) My first memory that I can remember was one day on TV Revenge of the Sith was playing, and it was up to the part with Obi-Wan vs. Grievous. I thought holy moly this is awesome! Then I watched all of the films and have been in love with the series ever since. Such a weird place to be introduced in the saga.

4) Speaking of, that is my favourite scene in the prequel trilogy. Obi-Wan vs. Grievous. One of my favourite heroes against one of my favourite villains. It’s crazy and over the top, and it looks cool and sounds cool. Other close contenders are Duel of the fates, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, and the Podracing. But there’s so many more fantastic scenes.

5) Han Solo. In fact he’d probably be my 2nd favourite character in history after Captain America. Harrison Ford is my favourite actor and does such an amazing job. Han’s humorous, charming, a badass, and just so entertaining to watch. If you’d asked me a few year ago, my answer would’ve been Kit Fisto.

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    @Jordan1Kenobi

1) What is your favorite SW memory?
    2) What are your greatest hopes/fears for the future of SW?
    3) Favorite movies/TV shows/book?
    4) Did you think Obi-wan was right to spare Anakin's life on Mustafar? What about hiding Vader's true identity to Luke?
    5) What are your thoughts on the ST? Favorite episode? Favorite characters?

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    1) Probably the lead up to episode 7 and the first viewing, as it was such a huge event. And I was completely blown away by the film.

2) Good question. My biggest fear is they overdo it. Each Star Wars film is a worldwide event, so if they make too many of the films they’re going to start feeling less special. Like how they released Solo only a few months after episode 8 and it hardly made any money. I loved the film so much, and was so excited to see a sequel, but that’s never gonna happen now.

My hopes are that they keep making great films. There hasn’t been a single Star Wars film that’s let me down yet. I also like how they’re expanding the universe to TV, so some more great shows would be nice.

3) My favourite films/series are Star Wars, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Indiana Jones, James Bond. My top three would be Endgame, Infinity War and The Force Awakens.

My favourite TV series are Game of Thrones (minus season 8), The Clone Wars & Rebels, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, the Netflix Marvel shows, and The Amazing Race. And I don’t read books, but I love reading comics.

4) I don’t believe Obi-Wan thought Anakin would survive, considering he was completely in flames and had no limbs. I can see why he’d lie to Luke about his father, as no child would want to hear a truth like that. Obi-Wan was one of the most wise and caring characters in the saga.

5) I’m very loudly spoken on here about how much I love the sequel trilogy. Episodes 7, 8 and 9 are my top 3 Star Wars films. All perfect in my opinion. The storytelling, the characters, the visuals, the music, the cinematography, etc. Everything was amazing.

My favourite character in the ST is Kylo Ren / Ben Solo. I think he’s the best written and best acted character in the entire saga. What they did with him over the course of those three films was incredible. I also love Rey, Poe, Finn, BB-8, and all the returning original characters. Episode 9 is also the first time I’ve really enjoyed Palpatine, so I have a lot more respect for him as a character now.

12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @Jordan1Kenobi

1) Did you always love the PT or did your opinion of it change over time?
    2) What would be your ideal SW story?
    3) What do you think of GL/JJ/RJ as filmmakers?
    4) What did you think of the Anakin/Padmé Romance? If you didn't like it, what would you change to make it better?
    5) What does SW mean to you?
    6) Favorites comics?
    7) Favorite TCW/Rebels episodes and characters?

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    1) I’ve always loved it. But over the past few years, I’ve grown to dislike TPM and AOTC a little more, as I can see their flaws. I still think they’re both fantastic films, but just not on the same level as all the others.

2) I’d love to see an Old Reublic saga, as I’m very fascinated by that era and think there’s so much potential for amazing content. If I could pick a one-off film though, it’d either be an Ahsoka Tano or bounty hunters team-up film.

3) Love then all as filmmakers. They each brought their own unique style to their Star Wars films. Lucas created the whole damn universe, so how could you not love him? Abrams took what was so great about the original six films and perfected it in the ST. His SW films are polished to perfection. And finally Johnson took a lot of risks with TLJ, and I believe they all paid off. His film was completely unpredictable. I mean killing the big bad off mid way through the 2nd film of the trilogy, it’s crazy and no one expected it, but that’s part of what made that decision so great. If everything was predictable it would get a little boring wouldn’t it? I also think that pushed Kylo Ren’s character development that extra step further. TLJ had some of the most amazing action in the saga too. So yeah, I love all three directors.

For their work outside of the SW saga - I haven’t seen any other Lucas films I believe. I love Abrams’ Star Trek trilogy, and Lost was a great show. Johnson has made some great and original films, like Knives Out and Looper.

4) I thought the romance was okaaay. A little too cheesy, imo. I had very little problem with Portman. I think she’s an amazing actress. Christensen on the other hand let a lot of their scenes down. I’d probably put most of the blame on Lucas’ directing and writing as to why those scenes didn’t work as well as the rest of the films.

I still think Christensen deserves another shot at Star Wars, and would love to see him return as Vader in his own show or film.

5) That’s a deep question. Star Wars is something that means a lot to me, and brings me so much joy. It’s always entertaining and full of countless amazing characters. It’s a universe that I can escape to when real life gets boring. And it’s something that’s always fresh and exciting, as there’s always new content coming, wether it be in the form of films, shows, comics, games, etc. It also takes up a lot of my time and money, because of my Star Wars collection. Star Wars is something I’ll hold near and dear to me my whole life.

6) If we’re just talking Star Wars then my favourite series so far is the 2015 main line set between ANH and TESB. Just when I thought I’d seen it all, these comics introduced me to a whole bunch of new adventures that these characters went on. I also really enjoyed the Kanan series, and am currently enjoying the Aphra series. Vader’s solo comics were great too.

For Marvel, my absolute favourite comic is the Jane Foster Thor series. Love her as a character, and the storyline is completely nuts. I also love reading Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, Black Widow, X-23, lots of X-Men series, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, Nova, etc. The list goes on and on. And for DC I absolutely love all of the Batman series. Deathstroke is my favourite DC character however.

7) My favourite Clone Wars character is Ahsoka Tano. It’s amazing what they did with her. I don’t think many people liked her that much when she was first introduced, but over the course of all the seasons she grew into one of the most loved Star Wars character among the fans, and I’m so happy about that. Ashley Eckstein is wonderful too. Other favourites are Maul, Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto, Grievous, Rex, Cad Bane, and Embo.

Favourite Rebels character is Ahsoka as well, but if I had to choose an original character it’d be Hera Syndulla. Also love Kanan, Sabine, Zeb, Chopper, Maul, and Kallus.

Favourite CW episodes. Hmmm. I loved everything with Maul. His return is something so crazy that should’ve never worked, but it turned out to be one of the great things ever. I love the episodes where Ahsoka‘s on the run (end of season 5). The Lawless was pretty epic. Always love the bounty hunter episodes. I can’t really pick one, as there’s so many great arcs and single episodes.

As for Rebels, the one episode I remember the most is ‘Twin Suns’. That episode was done amazingly. The ‘Twilight of the Apprentice’ episodes were amazing as well. But like CW there are countless fantastic episodes.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Favorite character from each trilogy?

What is your favorite season of the year? I know in New Zealand you probably don’t get seasons at least the same way we do in North America. :p

What is your favorite book ever to read?

which droid is the cutest. BD-1, R2, BB8, DIO?

if you could visit any place in the world where would it be?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    1) PT - Obi-Wan Kenobi / OT - Han Solo / ST - Kylo Ren / Spin-offs - K-2SO

2) You're right, here in NZ the seasons are nowhere near as extreme as the rest of the world, but I’d definitely choose summer. Love the warm weather.

3) I’ve never actually read a book. If comics count it’d be The Might Thor series with Jane Foster.

4) BB-8!
    [​IMG]

5) Very good question. There’s many, many places I’d love to see. The top places being Cairo in Egypt, Athens in Greece, Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, Paris in France, Rome in Italy and a small tropical island in the middle of the ocean like Bora Bora.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @Jordan1Kenobi

1) What do you think of the depiction of the Force/Force wielders in all the different media?
    2) What do you think of Vader/Kylo's redemption? What would you change?
    3) Best/worst dishes?
    4) Do you play an instrument?
    5) What sports do you practice?
    6) Do you write?

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    1) I think it's always handled very well, and every time something comes out they always introduce us to new and exciting force powers that we've never seen before. E.g. Kylo and Rey stopping each other's lightsabers mid duel, and giving and taking objects from each other across the galaxy. And they're just from the most recent film. Can't wait to see what they come up with next. The force wielders themselves are always interesting. We've been given heaps of great Jedi and Sith, all with different personalities and powers.

2) Both Vader and Kylo's redemption arcs were handled perfectly and I wouldn't change a thing. I always find it so great to watch a villain change sides. I found Kylo's to be better, as he was constantly fighting off the light side, which is the opposite of what we're used to. Unlike Vader, Kylo's turn was built up slowly over three entire films, and the pay off was incredible. It took Han, Leia, Luke and Rey to make this happen. The scene where a vision of Han appears to Kylo followed by him tossing his lightsaber in the ocean was one of the most beautiful and well done scenes in the entire saga. I wish more people would look past the fact that "Kylo sux coz he's emo" and see how much effort went into the writing for his character.

3) I do love a good steak. Medium rare. Seasoned well. I enjoy food that fills me up and has a lot of flavour. As for what I don't like - cooked vegetables.

4) I've never played an instrument. I'm not talented enough for that sort of thing.

5) I used to be in a baseball club, which I enjoyed. I was pretty good too. But I stopped because of work and uni. I'd actually love to play sports as a job, as I really enjoy getting out and running around. I'm also pretty damn fast. But again, I'm just not talented enough for that.

6) Nope. I feel like if I started writing, I'd get through one or two pages and never continue.

Jedi Knight Fett and Gamiel like this.
  19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Favourite animated tv show/movie?

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The animated show that means the most to me is SpongeBob SquarePants. I grew up watching it constantly and still watch it to this very day. So entertaining. But my favourite animated show is The Clone Wars. Other favourites are Rebels, Justice League (2001), Young Justice, and Regular Show. The animated shows that I’m loving currently are The Dragon Prince and The Legend of Korra.

Favourite animated film is Big Hero 6, followed closely by Zootopia, Moana, Wall-E, Wreck-It Ralph 1 & 2, and Spider-Verse.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett and darkspine10 like this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    1) Nautolan, thanks to Kit Fisto. They just have such a cool design. The green skin and tentacles, the black eyes. Other great ones are Twi’lek, Togruta, Mon Calamari, Trandoshan, and Wookiee.

2) I’ll go with the Jedi culture/religion. There’s so much interesting history behind it, and there’s nothing else like it in pop culture. I love what they stand for and what they do for the Galaxy. I love the force and the powers that they use. The wear robes and use lightsabers, and look badass while doing it!

3) Norse/Greek mythology. There’s lots of interesting ideas to play with there. They could have some all powerful Force deities based on that, like Poseidon and Zeus.

4) These are great questions. I’d love to see some ancient Egyptian culture used somehow. I believe the design of some of the ancient Sith Lords might be based on this already, but it could definitely be more prominent. If they do an Old Republic series of films, this could be an interesting idea to play with. Some ancient Greek culture would also be neat. That sort of stuff fascinates me. Otherwise there’s always Polynesian culture like in Moana, with some sort of island tribes that haven’t discovered technology yet.

5) Hmmm... I would love to see lightsaber duels done differently in the films. I’ve enjoyed everything they’ve done so far, but I’d love to see duels on an entirely new level. Look at Satele vs. Malgus and Ven Zallow vs. Malgus in the Old Republic. I wanna see live action versions of that. Otherwise no, there’s nothing I’d change. Every writer, Director, actor, etc. gives us something different each time, and if they always did what I wanted, it’d get boring after a while.

6) Just about every single piece of technology has been used or incorporated some way into Star Wars, so this is really tough. How about a populated ring that orbits a planet, like in the films Elysium and Interstellar. I saw something similar in a Star Wars comic, but they could use it for a film or show maybe. That could be cool to see. Or some other sort of megastructure. Or on a much smaller scale, how about a hoverboard? Have they been used in SW before? Not that I can remember.

7) My absolute favourite pie is steak, cheese and mushroom. Add in a bit of pepper too. Yummy!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh lol just realized the thread title hasn’t been changed sorry about that everyone!

24. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    @Jordan1Kenobi
    What’s your favorite type of “foreign food” (chinese, Japanese, Italian, etc)?

What would you say is the best deleted scene in all of Star Wars?

I can see that Ahsoka is in your avatar. What were your thoughts on the character during season 1 of TCW?

any future movies your excited for that are not Star Wars related?

Do you like any other franchises outside of Star Wars?

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.