main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    @Jedi Knight Fett

1. I chose my username after the Legends character Ferus Olin. I find him at all ages to be a relatable character, especially “being no one’s particular friend.” “Emperor” sounds better with “Ferus” than “Darth” or “Jedi”.

2. I found the JCF long before I joined, and lurked. I was originally curious about some opinions I had (I forget which ones), and the rest is history.

3. Usually chronological, but I see the appeal of machete order as well.

4. Yes, big time. My username probably suggests that, but I enjoy all Legends eras, especially the Legacy era post 25 ABY.

5. Pizza, although I try to eat healthy when possible.

@devilinthedetails

I like Ferus because I find him relatable, as mentioned above. I am likewise socially awkward, and I have a hard time making close friends IrL, although I know he does later, which makes me feel better about myself.
    I also like Luke Skywalker (OT and Legends) a whole lot. I’d also say Padme, at least until ROTS. She deserved a much better fate.

There are an abundance of others, but they are hard to list.

Favorite PT-exclusive world, I’d have to say Coruscant or Utapau.

Jedi from the PT: I think Obi-Wan, especially in ROTS (he is a little buffoonish at times, but I enjoy his sense of humor that was lost after Anakin turned).

Sith from the PT: Palpatine, he deserves to rot on Mustafar, but I enjoy that they don’t try to pretend he’s not a villain, I love how he manipulates everyone and how well he can fight. I am intrigued to see how he will be brought back.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Fave animated series or film? :)

3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Animated series: Star Wars the Clone Wars, though Avatar the Last Airbender comes close.

Film: The Lion King

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    @Emperor Ferus

1) Did you always love the PT or did your opinion of it change over time?
    2) What's your thoughts on the new expanded universe compared to the last? What do you think of the use of Legends character in the new canon?
    3) What are your biggest hopes/fears for the future of SW?
    4) Thoughts of the ST so far?
    5) What would be your ideal SW story?

5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @Ancient Whills

1. I loved it as a young child, then my thoughts on it dwindled, until I came to appreciate it again. Even at its trough, it was still my second-favorite trilogy of all time (The Dark Knight is third).

2. I think the new canon tells some good stories (especially in TCW era, and I also liked Aftermath), but I still think the old EU rules over it. I like the way characters such as Thrawn were implemented in canon, and I hope to see more of it.

3. Biggest hopes:

I honestly like Solo a whole lot, and I'd like to see a continuation/resolution to the storylines in that film, specifically the relationship between Han and Qi'ra. I'd ship them 100 percent if Solo was the first Star Wars film. I also look forward to the Obi-Wan series a lot. I think there is unexplored potential there (not just because of Ewan, though I won't deny that factor). I'd also like to see Boba Fett, Maul, and Ahsoka onscreen again, this time in live-action.

Biggest fears: That Episode IX won't respect the lore that came before the ST, as well as the characters. Although if it doesn't, I can console myself by remembering that the original story by Lucas has been complete for some time. Two separate universes.

Also, I'm afraid of quantity over quality, although I am happy that we are getting more Star Wars now. I don't want another Solo where a sequel is cancelled just as the story gets interesting. Aging actors (Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover) is another factor.

4. It's a mixed bag for me. I loved TFA when it came out and I still like it well enough. I enjoyed Han and Leia onscreen (I don't as much in retrospect), I enjoyed Rey, Finn and Poe, and although I do think Rey is overpowered, that is only one flaw and isn't a deal-breaker for me. I liked Kylo more in TFA, and he would be easier to like if the writers didn't try to present him as someone to sympathize with despite refusing to accept redemption.

TLJ is a whole different ballpark. I didn't mind it as much when I first saw it, but I have really come to dislike what was done to Luke. I won't go into too much detail, but I also think the pacing was way off, and half of the story went absolutely nowhere. I did not like how Rey dropped everything on the long shot that she could save Kylo, and how Luke was made into almost the antagonist as a result.
    To a degree, the same was done to Han and Leia. The Jedi were also presented as wrong, which was definitely not the point of the last two trilogies.

5. I have a long list of ideas, but if I had to pick one, I'd do a Boba Fett story set shortly after ROTS. His detachment from the Skywalker narrative makes him all the richer with potential.

6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Emperor Ferus, was Anakin's fall to the Dark Side believable to you? If yes, what made it believable to you? If no, what would you have changed to make his fall more believable?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  7. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @devilinthedetails

The reasons he fell were very believable. He wanted to save Padme and he was told by Yoda to let her die without mourning (contradictory in my opinion). He was also shut out by the Council and dismissed, and the only comfort he took was in his manipulated friendship with Palpatine, which ended in my opinion when Palpatine revealed that he did not know how to cheat death.
    My issue is with the timing. Anakin seems more mature at the start of ROTS than in AOTC. He makes a big gap from telling Mace Windu, the man who has been ruthless with him, to cutting his hand off and agreeing to kill children. Not too serious an issue, though.

Any changes I would make: I’d have Anakin kill Dooku more closely to the time he turns to the dark side.

8. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    @Emperor Ferus

1. What, in your opinion, is the best type of tree?
    2. Who is your favorite superhero?
    3. Who is your favorite supervillain?
    4. Are you having a good day?

9. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @s_heffley

1. Redwood tree, I would have to say. I may be biased because I live in an area full of them.

2. Spider-Man, for the same amount of time I’ve loved Star Wars. I know he’s not the most powerful, but he’s always resonated with me.

3. Harder to decide, but I’d have to go with The Dark Knight’s Joker, if he counts. If you’re talking only villains with supernatural powers, then Thanos.

4. It’s just started, currently taking the bus, I’ll have to get back to you on that. Thanks for asking :)

10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @Emperor Ferus
    1) What's your favorite season?
    2) Favorite SW score?
    3) What do you think of romance in SW?
    4) Favorite book and author?
    5) Who would you choose to write and direct a SW movie?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    1. Summer, probably, because I have the most time to do what I want.

2. I'd have to go with either The Imperial March or Battle of the Heroes.

3. Eh, it's not my favorite thing. In the OT, Han was probably a little inappropriate with Leia per 2019 standards, but all in all, harmless compared to future examples. Much of the same with Anakin and Padme, which is also weighed down by awkward dialogue (not even talking about the sand line, and I do like the "we are encouraged to love line"). The most annoying thing about Anidala is that it causes an otherwise strong woman to die of a broken heart when she has everything else to live for.

In the ST, I like the chemistry between Rey and Finn, despite my complaints of that era. Reylo is a whole different ballpark, and is pretty much a deal-breaker.
    I tend not to love romance in general, since I never have it myself, haha.

4. This may be too easy of an answer, but if I had to save one book series in my collection and I was pressed for time, I would have to go with JK Rowling's Harry Potter. I also love Tolkien's Middle Earth and more recently, Riordan's Camp Half-Blood universe, especially House of Hades.

5. Christopher Nolan

12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @Emperor Ferus

1) Where would you like to travel?
    2) Favorite DC/Marvel movies ?
    3) Did you ever go to a SW convention? If yes, what was you best memory?
    4) Do you write fanfiction?
    5) What do you like most in SW?
    6) Do you like sports?
    7) What's your favorite Harry Potter movies and characters?

13. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @Ancient Whills

1. Yes, I love to travel. Hard to choose one place, but if the Amazon stays intact, I’d like to go there to explore.

2. DC: Dark Knight Trilogy, not DCEU, I know. I like DCEU’s Wonder Woman.

Marvel: Thor or Spider-Man

3. Unfortunately, I have not had the time or money to go to a Star Wars convention. On the bucket list for sure.

4. I do write fanfiction, both on here and off of this site. Creative writing in general has always been a pleasure of mine, even if I’m not very good at it or creative.

5. I love almost everything Star Wars, but nothing beats the OOT for me. I love their old-time feel and the purity of the 1977-1983 films.

6. I have a moderate enjoyment of sports. I ran cross-country and track and field, and I also wrestled.

7. Harry Potter movie: Tough call. Either Sorcerer’s Stone or Chamber of Secrets probably. I love all the movies, but I wish they had been made in the same style as the first two.

Character: So many! In a pinch, I’d go with Severus Snape.

Jedi Knight Fett and darkspine10 like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Emperor Ferus likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Tough call between Catalyst and Dark Disciple, but I think the latter one wins. I wish it could be adapted to the screen for the new season.

Jedi Knight Fett and darkspine10 like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    @Emperor Ferus What are you most looking forward to when it comes to TROS

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @Jedi Knight Fett
    Right now, I would say seeing what is done with the old guard (Anakin, Luke, Palpatine, etc).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  19. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @devilinthedetails So many good, bad and ugly ones, but an old one that I would have really liked is that Padme didn’t really die.
    I’ve said before and I’ll say again that she deserved so much better.

20. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    1. Do you think ROTS, and perhaps the series, would have been more appreciated if Darth Vader had Padmé killed outright (e.g., by proxy, at a distance, &c.)?
    2. Are there different outcomes to surrendering to the dark side and by earning it? Consider Anakin & Palpatine as examples.
    3. Do you feel that Vader's hope in dark side abilities weighed against their consequences (i.e., selfcenteredness) is the primary reason for his conflict mentioned in ROTJ? (Similar to the revelations of Yuthura Ban's conflict in KOTOR.)

21. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @Oddly_Salacious

1. Maybe Vader could have done it, maybe not, but Padme being killed would have been far better than dying of a broken heart. Her death was inevitable, unfortunately, and to me, it wouldn’t have been right to leave it offscreen.
    I probably would have had someone else like Dooku do it, and then have Anakin kill him.

2. By “earning” the dark side, do you mean being born into it like Palpatine?

If so, there may be a slight difference, but not a significant one. Either way, most individuals will become addicted to it like a drug, and it will be nearly impossible to pull them away from it.

Dooku was seduced far later in life than Vader, and he didn’t seem to want redemption. Then again, he didn’t have a son who really cared the way Luke did for Vader, and Dooku was never an emotional person.
    It’s hard to give a definite answer, but Vader was definitely an exception to the rule.

3. Absolutely, dating back to ROTS, where his dark side abilities led to the loss of Padme in more ways than one. However, he was pretty much stuck with the Sith at that point and had nowhere else to go. Eventually, I think he came to enjoy being a Sith for the sake of it and saw the Empire as his life's purpose. The desire for good and redemption was there deep down, but he came to ignore it over the years. That is, until another path was presented by Luke.

22. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @Emperor Ferus

1) What do you think of the concept of destiny vs free will in SW?
    2) Favorite SW game?
    3) Do you think Boba Fett survived? How would you bring him back post-RotJ?
    4) Favorite TCW story and character?
    5) How would you like the Skywalker Saga to end?

23. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    @Emperor Ferus

1. This one’s a thinker!

I think destiny can be manipulated by free will, and it cannot be predicted. Look at how certain Palpatine was of Luke and Anakin’s destinies.

On the other hand, there is a case to be made for Anakin being fated to turn to the dark side no matter what else happened, and Padme dying at her young age anyway, but in the film, both events were manipulated by Palpatine (I do not believe in the Palpatine killed Padme theory, but I think he intended for her to be killed by Vader).

2. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, although The Force Unleashed comes close.

3. I don’t think he survived in canon, unless he shows up in The Mandalorian. If I were to bring him back, I’d have a revenge arc where he targets the OT gang, but loses in the end.

I did like his character post-ROTJ in Legends, especially in Legacy of the Force.

4. Tough one, but I’d have to go with Maul’s arc, including Son of Dathomir.
    If you mean favorite Clone Wars exclusive character, then Ahsoka wins.

5. Some version of how it did in ROTJ, with the heroes winning.
    My ideal ending is a no-go, as it would have Luke alive and restarting the Jedi for real this time. With what we have, I’d just like him and especially Anakin to play a role beyond ghost cheer squad in the conclusion, since Anakin is the Chosen One and his story also deserves a legacy.

24. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Accidentally tagged myself, [face_rofl]

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Does that mean you're talking to yourself? [face_whistling]