main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    what are a couple of your favorite long German words?:p

also, what is an example of a German idiomatic expression that you enjoy?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    @Huttese 101 if you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?

3. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    What are some of your favorite smells?

4. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Yes. Mine explodes even better. Samsung perfected the art of exploding after the 2015 model.

Like twice. I'm not proud of that. I wish I could say I've been more times.

Probably Chris Stapleton right now. Maybe Garth Brooks?

I liked Uptown Girl the first time I heard it, so I was like, go big or go home. I won't rest until I'm no less than THE WORLD'S BIGGEST BILLY JOEL FAN.

Started from the bottom now we here

Oh wait that's not a Billy Joel song

I've never had moonshine. I'm not that redneck. But I'm sure someone in my extended family has a still.

Teaching in Austria. And I didn't submit my application before the deadline, so not this year.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  5. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    [face_rofl]

Garth is awesome tho :p. Saw him in concert when he came out of retirement in 2014- showed why he's sold as well as Elvis and The Beatles

6. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Windschutzscheibenwischer - windshield wiper(s) (though it's usually abbreviated as Scheibenwischer)
    Farbnegativfilm - color negative film
    Kabelfernsehen - cable TV
    paradoxerweise - paradoxically
    geheimnisumwoben - "shrouded in mystery," secret, etc.

There's also this doosy - Inkompetenzkompensationskompetenz - "competence in compensating for incompetence"

Ich glaube ich stehe im Wald - ~ I must be going crazy (literally "I believe I'm standing in the woods")

An American elm

Coffee. The rubbery smell of hose water or the smell of a chlorinated swimming pool. The smell of pine trees.

7. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    @Huttese 101 : if you could go an an extended vacation to Germany (and/or Austria) tomorrow, what are the top 2 or 3 sites you'd want to visit first, and why?

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How many books have you read in the past month?

9. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Museum Island in Berlin, because there are so many museums there clustered together: the Pergamonmuseum, to see the Pergamon and the Ishtar Gate, das Neue Museum, to see the antiquities there, like the bust of Nefertiti and the Egyptian papyrus collection.
    The Reichstag building, because why not?
    And the Nationalbibliothek in Vienna, because it's one of the most beautiful libraries in the world.

0. Because I'm lazy.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  10. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    great choices! i spent 8 days in berlin in 1999 and we spent a day checking out museum island..some collections/locations were still a little "in flux" then since it was still only less than 10 years after reunification. would love to go back again someday!

reichstag building was beautiful...and of course the site is so historical!

haven't been to vienna but hope to go someday!

11. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    Yeah, they might have been renovating them back then. I'd prefer to go to Vienna over Berlin, but there's more to do in Berlin.

Edit: I'd have to spend a lot of time in Berlin just to see everything I want to on Museum Island. I've been to D.C. twice but I still haven't been to all the museums on the National Mall, and I haven't been inside the Library of Congress either. It takes so. Much. Dang. Time to see it all.

12. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    yes, i think so.

of course there's always the potential for renovation "disruptions" to planned site visits whenever you go to places like that...i remember in rome (also back in the 90s) i was so disappointed when the Villa Borghese was closed due to renovations--I missed some key Bernini sculptures I had been planning on seeing, and still have never made it back to rome to rectify that!

then when we went to Versailles (2006), the Hall of Mirrors was undergoing restoration and half of the mirrors were covered from top to bottom in black cloth!!! arrrgggh!!!

13. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    another question for you @Huttese 101...does your mom (and/or dad) enjoy the fact that you have an appreciation for 80s music?:p

14. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    My mom does. I think my dad does too.

15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    What's your favorite song from the 80s?

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If you could get rid of anything in your life right now what would it be?

@Huttese 101

17. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    i'll answer that one for Hutts lol:

Cubman

^did i do that correctly?:p

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What was your least favorite class in school? @Huttese 101

Huttese 101 and s_heffley like this.
  19. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    It's too hard to say. Maybe Everybody Wants to Rule the World?

Anxiety? Bad credit? Idk. I don't know of a physical object I'd want to get rid of. Maybe my stupid old car with a different color hood that's been through three alternators, but my brother already took that off my hands.

Least favorite class ever? Period? 8th grade math? The work load was not fun, I hate math class, and it was a very socially awkward class. I was with the other kids who weren't in the higher-level pre-algebra, because they didn't pass the test to get into it or they didn't try. They didn't care, they didn't sit still, talking about everything besides class. A lot of them had been in and out of juvenile detention. I hated going to it, and I almost never spoke up until the last few months in the second semester, when we finally started to get used to each other.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I think that's how the answer's supposed to read. ;)

21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    @Huttese 101 have you heard the new cover album Weezer just put out? It has a lot of 80's covers on it including Everybody Wants to Rule the World.

22. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    HEY, LISTEN, WE ONLY SING '80s JOEL!

23. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    I have. It's okay. I mean, technically, it's fine. The whole album is. A lot of musicianship from a pop rock band, I guess you could say. But I feel like it apes the original a little too closely. It's cool that Weezer did it, so I appreciate that. Plus this might be the most good press a Weezer album has gotten in years. But as far as recent covers of Everybody Wants to Rule the World go, Lorde's version she did a few years ago for one of the Hunger Games movies feels fresher. And there's some singer-songwriter/DJ on Spotify whose name I forget who covered the whole album of Songs from the Big Chair, and I like his Tears for Fears covers a lot better generally.

24. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah it wasn't like spectacular or anything but I did think it was a fun album with a nice mix of songs.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Least favorite Star Wars scene?

Khalia Octa and Huttese 101 like this.