main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Prequel Trilogy Interview Thread - Currently interviewing jaimestarr !)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 3, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome, all to the Prequel Trilogy's very own Interview thread![face_party]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some rules before we begin
    1.) If you want to be interviewed please send me a PM. You may be as detailed as you want with your answers.
    2.) Questions will be mostly Star Wars related but expect a few questions outside of that too (ie, Who is your favorite Superhero)
    3.) Each Interview will last for two weeks.
    4.) Once it is your turn to be interviewed you will be given a one week window to respond to the first set of questions before your skipped. If you want to try again after send another PM.
    5) If you have any feud with a user being interviewed, please leave that out of the thread.
    6.) No questions, that pertain to politics are permitted, leave that discussion in the JCC.
    7.) I welcome other users asking questions to the interviewee as long as they are not too personal (ie, How old are you?)
    8.) This is happening so we can all know each other a little more so have some fun with it and enjoy.

Completed Interviews (linked):
    Seagoat
    Darkspine
    firesaber
    Darth Weavile
    Darth Kronos
    Cubman
    Lady Skywalker
    Valency Jane
    Prime Jedi
    icqfreak
    Darkslayer
    BadCane
    Moll
    Guidman
    ThisIsMe
    Felicia
    Ava G
    Huttese
    RX_Sith
    El Jedi Colombiano
    Khalia Octa
    Heffley
    B3
    Pensivia
    christophero30
    Lord Phil Swift
    Bob Effette
    devilinthedetails
    Emperor Ferus
    President Bossk
    Wobbits

Felicia
    Jordan1Kenobi
    Dandelo
    TK-2814
    BRE
    Darkslayer
    Heels1785
    Darth_BELO
    Ben-Solo
    Chancellor Bananatine

In Progress Interview:
    TheChosenSolo

Upcoming Interviews:

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2022
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Please welcome for the first interview the one and only @Seagoat ! That’s right one of our esteemed mods has volunteered to go first.

So an official welcome to Seagoat.

[​IMG]

On to the first batch of questions!

1.) How did you first find out about Star Wars?
    2.) How did you find your way to the JCF?
    3.) What is your favorite memory involving Star Wars?
    4.) Who is your favorite backaround character in the franchise and why?
    5.) Who is your favorite actor who has acted in at least one Star Wars movie or show?

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Lol "volunteer." That's an interesting way of saying called dibs before anyone had the ch-

Oh ****, that comes close to breaking rule 5. Does this dq me

Idc I'm Seagot I do what I want

OK LET'S DO THIS

1. My mom. No, I'm not doing the "your mom" thing lol, srsly. I'm pretty sure I was still in diapers. I mean like, I have literally no memory of a time in my life I didn't know what SW was. Or that is, I should phrase, I have no memory of a time I wasn't aware of the existence of SW. Granted, it was all just "PEW PEW LASERS BOMPDFBOIDFNBODFINBD LIGHTSABER WHONG WHONG CCCCCCKKKKCHUAWA" at the time. Now that's just half of the fun. But yeah, it's been a constant of my life

2. I DON'T REMEMBER. Hmm. I know I joined not all that long after the LucasFilm sale, so my anticipation for the then-newly announced ST was killing me, as I had almost no outlet to discuss it. I more than likely just went on the Goog like "satr wars forum." (The typo is dramatization for the sake of enhancing the experience; it is unlikely any such typo existed) Then I found this place and I was trapped

3. Oh god, I have to scroll up now. I HAVE TWO ANSWERS FOR THIS. Most nostalgic one isn't a particular memory so much as remembering what things were like for so long. The months leading up to the release of ROTS. My earliest stable SW memories involve eagerly anticipating that. Bingeing the OT, TPM, and AOTC was one of my favourite pastimes. Plus all the SW games like Jedi Knight, the X-Wing (lol "wing" is one letter off of "wang") games, and Kotor. Oh, and the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series. That was the ****. But I dunno, I just remember it being such an exciting time

Other than that, for a particular memory: THE 17TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2015 A.D. Seriously, the I-VII marathon event. Really. I was expecting possibly and annoying theater and a sore ass. Seats were surprisingly comfortable and the audience was actually fun. And oh my frigging god. I remember waking up at midnight, and the drive was about an hour and a half away. Lol I remember my dad being like "Is this the theater?", and then we just saw a group of people in Jedi robes. That whole experience is one of the best days of my life. I tried desperately to get the I-VIII tickets, but they were $100 and only four frigging theaters in the country did it, which is bull****, but whatever. Who was it I bribed to help me figure that out? Lol was it B99?

4. I was going to say Willrow Hood. I really was. But just a few days ago, I was reminded of that dude in the spacesuit with the skull painted on his helmet in TPM. It's one of the first establishing shots when they head into Mos Espa. Wtf was with that ****. Why's he in a spacesuit? Can he not withstand the atmosphere? In that case, why the hell is he there? What's HIS plight? Or for that matter, hell, maybe I should say what's HER plight? Who knows. Does the character even have a name and backstory like the other dozens of randoms? WHO THE HELL IS SPACESUIT-SKULL DUDE

5. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Crap. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................................................................................
    I am stumped. How abouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    uhhh
    Dude lol why is this one so effed. I mean, I could say Hayden. I could also say Mark. I mean, look at his goddamn Twitter. I could also say the Swolo himself, Matt the radar technician. But at the same time, I could easily say just about frigging anybody

Point a gun to my head, and- well, actually, I still would have trouble answering this with a solid answer. Uh

I guess. Uhhhhhhhhhhh-
    no, don't do that **** again, *****

Ok, I mean, I suppose possibly I could potentially give a probable answer in the form of hazarding to say I could state an answer to this question as.... maybeeeee

**** IT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT

Ok, there! That's fun. I crave more. This isn't the most badass interview ever just yet....

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    6.) Was there any rumor regarding the PT or ST that you truly believed, but ended up not happening?

7.) What would you say is the weirdest/funniest moment in Episodes 1-3?

8.) Do you have a favorite Star Wars meme?

9.) When it comes to the Prequels do you have any favorite deleted scene?

10.) DC or Marvel? Which do you prefer and why? (This should make things interesting)

I am happy you demanded to go first. No one could start it off better then you.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Seagoat likes this.
  5. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Oh hells yeah, more ****

6. Despite being a mod, I went in somehow 99% unspoiled for TFA and TLJ, and what I did know in advance about ROTS, everyone else knew lol. That said, the rumours I DID get exposed to: the hand in space, the floating lightsaber in space, and Leia in a coma. Never bought the first two, believed the Leia one, and that still ended up kinda being a plot point, so go figure

7. THAT ONE IS SO ****ING EASY. Jar Jar tongue shock thing. **** errythang, that **** is funny as hell. And that goes for all of SW

8. The creative ones. I mean, "high ground", "droid attack on the Wookiees", all that stuff's fun and all, but I like things that take lines out of context and apply them to other situations. For example, a really funny one (too lazy to get it atm since I have no data) is Photoshopping Obi-Wan next to Holdo, and the caption "I don't mind flying, but what you're doing is suicide!"

That is some funny **** lol. r/equelmemes usually has some quality SW memes

Idk why but I also find the Swolo memes funny

9. ALL. But were I to pick specifimalikelically, it'd be a tossup between Maul's probe droid finding Quiggy-G and Anakin on the way back to make the transition less awkward, or Anakin meeting Padme's family on Naboo cause those scenes are just enjoyable

10. Well, my inclination is to say Marvel. But I feel like it's a bit unfair in that DC just has less going for it. I mean, even before the MCU and DCEU were a thing, Marvel just had more content. And as it is now, Marvel still has a huge amount of **** going. So that answer may just very well be because I'm more familiar with it. Sam Raimi's spodermin is the first superhero movie I saw, I think, but Superman 2 (either version) might be my favourite superhero movie in general. However, DC, mainly through Superman, has a more interesting history when it comes to the comic book side of things, especially in how they shaped laws regarding depictions of violence and **** like that

6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    @Seagoat, I love that Skeleton Astronaut too. Found out from Deliveranze a while back that his name is Rum Sleg:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's still a man of mystery though. Is that his real face? Is he an alien with a skull-like face (a Kaleesh?)? An injured human? An punk rocker with a taste for body mods? A man wearing an X-ray screen? The mystery is endless.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    11.) Since I know you have been involved in the RYL social threads since the beginning I wil ask you this. Which version from 1-5 including the holiday special did you have the most fun in?

12.) If you could make a Star Wars anthology film what would it be about?

13.) What Director excluding George Lucas is your favorite when it comes to Star Wars?

14.) People over time seem to appreciate the Prequel trilogy more then when it came out. Why do you think this is?

15.) What piece of Star Wars merchandise that you own is your favorite? (ie, books, toys, games etc)

A reminder to everyone. You are allowed to also ask Seagoat questions. You are encouraged to do so.

8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Where does the username come from? I know it's to do with Capricorn, but is there more to this? What made you choose it?

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Incase you haven’t seen that you have gotten new questions I’ll tag you. @Seagoat

10. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Oh **** lol!

11. All. That's like figuratively, near-literally asking me to pick a favourite kid. There's only an answer to that when one of them's annoying me, which just doesn't happen with RYL lol

12. Well, an Obi-Wan one's the one I'd anticipate most, but everyone talks about that possibility. As for if I could make something just out of the blue.... hmmm. Maybe something unusual. Like one idea I heard once that I really like is a crime detective type story set in an underworldy setting like Nar Shaddaa or something. Once considered just writing a fanfic of that, but I don't think I have what it takes lol

13. Ruin Johnson for murdering my childhood. Or however they say it. Character assassin Mary Sue. Lol idk /s no but srsly, I love how he legit says that the perception of what the fans "want" is irrelevant, a mindset I adamantly share

14. The same reason the TESB and ROTJ hate died down over time. I could write (and probably have written) a literal essay on how stagnation of opinions on the internet, particularly from vocal minorities (and I say that as a provably quantifiable statement) can create a public misconception. I was actually surprised it took until TLJ for the same thing to happen a third time

15. **** MAN, WHY'D YOU HAVE TO DO THIS **** TO ME. Uhhh. I mean, Kotor II is probably my favourite EU product. Hell, easily top 5 for my favourite game in general (and I am a pretty hardcore video game player). But I dunno, I feel like using a game is a dirty move on this one for some reason. I've got a ****ton of these like little model sets that I've never even looked at. I kind of want to leave them in the box, but part of me also wants to clean up some shelf space and put them on display even if that depreciates the value

Darsk: Heheh. First off, my OC tendency and particularly anal attitude towards this demands of me that I correct that to Capricornus. But it's a bit of a silly story. This is actually pretty much the only place that I still use Seagoat. I do use another goat related name (which ultimately does derive from the same source), but I'm too attached to Seagoat on here to consider changing it

It was I think the 8th grade, possibly earlier. 2011? 2012? I don't know. But it was around then that I became obsessed with Final Fantasy XII, which has a series of enemies representing zodiacal constellations. The presence of a 13th one made me curious enough that I looked into it, which says a lot for my lazy ass. It was my discovery of axial precession that led to me cultivating my interest in planetary science (and astronomy, albeit to a much lesser degree). To put it briefly, regardless of your belief that the relative position of big balls in space can determine aspects of your personality, you're probably about 2000 years off if you use a system of 12 constellations. As it turns out, February 5th falls under Capricornus, the sea-goat, as opposed to Aquarius

I could ramble on more about that, like how there are currently 14 constellations, but there are 25 total that could potentially fall into the ecliptic (though not at once), but eh. I doubt anybody's interested

Plus goats. Goats are always a valid answer

11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    It's weird, I was just reading about how there are potentially 25 constellations that could be used yesterday. That's the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon for you eh. ;)

Oh, I should probably ask another question for our esteemed Goat... Um...

Favourite Non-Star Wars movie or tv show?

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett and Seagoat like this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    @darkspine10 gets imaginary internet points for asking questions.

Valency Jane, darkspine10 and Seagoat like this.
  13. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Heheh, don't force yourself. Only ask what you wanna ask

As for favourite non SW movie.... hmm. Depends on my mood, but usually, I'll say The Terminator. Sometimes I'll say Terminator 2. I'm also hugely into the Harry Potter movies if you count adaptations. I really should read the books more, but I lack the attention span necessary to do so. That's probably why **** I write tends to have really short chapters lol

As for favourite TV show, if I'm feeling into something actiony, Dragon Ball. If you don't count adaptations, then Samurai Jack. If I'm in a more comedy mood, it's a tossup between Star vs. The Forces of Evil and The Amazing World of Gumball, though of all the TV I like, Dragon Ball probably has had the most influence and investment

Yes, Seagot the weaboo just mentioned four TV shows, three of which are western animation and only one is anime. Go figure

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ever seen Gravity Falls or Steven Universe? I feel you'd probably enjoy those two a lot.

As for movies, like HP, have you ever seen LOTR or Hobbit?

Edit: Oops, that's Gravity Falls, not Galaxy. SU and Astrology are on my mind, obviously.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I love that the first words of the first answer are indeed, your mom. The Phantom Mom, Attack of Your Mom, Revenge of Your Mom, A New Your Mom, Your Mom Strikes Back, Return Of Your Mom, Rogue Mom, Your Mom Awakens, and The Last Mom.

[​IMG]

That's for screwing with my poll responses for movie night.

Seriously though, this is great.

16. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Actually, no. I've heard great things about both of them, but it's largely a matter of time/convenience. Though this sounds weird, I both love and hate becoming invested in something. I mean, if I enjoy it enough to become invested, then I obviously enjoy it a great deal. But it also starts to somewhat feel like a responsibility, in a way, having to keep up. Plus with certain things that are very long runners, it's just so daunting. I've wanted to get into Naruto before, but there is just sooooo much

I saw the first Hobbit movie and enjoyed it, though not the others and not any LotR. Though I've wanted to for quite some time

I mean "yo mama" is just so overdone. And when I type "your mom", I can't help reading it in like some snot-nosed middle schooler's voice, back when an insult was both meaningless and everything in the world

But I frigging despised middle school. How the hell am I nostalgic for it

17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    @Seagoat, Gravity Falls isn't actually that long, it's only 2 seasons of 20 eps each.

SU though, yeah, that's just hit 145 eps I think.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Seagoat, Gravity Falls is absolutely right up your alley. It's fun, nuanced, and most the time, impossible to understand.

19. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Agreed, i was pleasently surprised when i found out you liked the show Heels after i posted the gifs in the RYL thread. It really is a great mystershow.

My question for you @Seagoat, what CIS/trade federation battledroid is your favorite, can range from design to color palette

If your pick is the droideka, b2 super battledroid or any other pick, which color pallete do you prefer when it comes to the regular oom/b1 class (TCW included)
    [​IMG]

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    16.) Do you ever hope to go to a Star Wars Celebration and if you ever did would you cosplay as someone?

17.) What is the weirdest story involving Star Wars that you have been involved in?

18.) Who behind the scenes do you think does not get enough credit for working on Star Wars

19.) I can’t beileve I haven’t asked this question yet. Anyway who is your overall favorite Star Wars Character

20.) Who is your favorite fictional character? (Broad I know)

@Seagoat

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just in case you did not get the tag I’ll tag you again for the questions above.

@Seagoat

22. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Damn, I'm lazy. Ok!

Above: I keep meaning to check out some of the more recent popular cartoons. I usually don't put aside much time for TV to begin with lol. But Gravity Falls looks really good. I also keep meaning to look into Wander Over Yonder, which I know was criminally treated

CIS Droid: standard B1 droid is best. Don't know why, but simplicity often works best for me

16. Not likely. Not fond of crowds, but maybe if I were to go with a friend, maybe. But hell yes, I'd cosplay. As for what I would, no idea

17. This board. First thing that comes to mind is mod **** I can't talk about lol. But as for in person.... a friend and I were on the school bus home one day. I'm not sure what led to it, but it turned into the all too typical internet/Plinkett&RLM spewing echo chamber from him. But he was being really, really loud (I think without realizing it) and out of nowhere, a special needs student in the front seat turns around and yells at him saying "HEY, DON'T MAKE FUN OF AUTISM"
    Nothing at all about autism was said

18. Uhhhhh. That's a toughie. I mean, in terms of something that's just completely underappreciated, I very rarely see anybody talking about Jonathan Hales and his contributions to AOTC's script. Most people don't even know what he did

19. Anakin, followed probably by C-3PO or maybe Kylo Ren depending on my mood

20. Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll say Anakin if I'm feeling particularly in a dramatic mood for character complexity. Sometimes I'll say Son Goku (of Dragon Ball) if I'm just in a lighter mood and thinking of relatable characters. Sometimes I have no bloody idea how to answer

23. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    @Seagoat
    What are your favorite parts of Attack of the Clones?
    Where do you rank it in your SW list?
    Do you like the Kaminoans?
    Do you like Zam Wesell?
    Your thoughts on the AotC score?
    Are you a Count Dooku fan?

Basically, please tell us your thoughts about AotC. :)

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    A reminder to everyone that the next interview will start this Thursday. So make sure to ask and answer all the questions you feel like by then.

25. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Who will be interviewed next?

@Seagoat favorite scene featuring battledroids?

Which movie had the best depiction of battledroids ?

What was your opinion on general grievous the first time you saw RotS?

Favorite horror (film, story, manga whatever) you seen, what creeped you out the most?

And finally, whats your opinion on oom-9?