main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Price of Sacrifice {Obi-Wan, Anakin -- Angst, AU} |COMPLETE 11-11-03|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey everyone. I know I've been absent for awhile, but I honestly have a good excuse this time ;) (And please understand my levity, I'm trying really hard to deal with something I never expected to have to.)

Anyway, I'm posting this note to all my threads, so that everyone knows what is going on. Sorry for not doing replies, but between writing this and trying to tell others, I can't handle much more.

So... well, I thought I had a bad headache. Instead, I have optic neuritis. Basically my vision is affected and I can't really use the computer much or read or write. It will be a few weeks before I can do so again, and maybe longer since starting next semester will have to take first priority. Hopefully, this turns out to be only a case of optic neuritis and not the first attack of Multiple Sclerosis... I will hopefully find out I am in the minority and am one of those very lucky few who manage to only get this from some unknown reason.

Anyway, thanks everyone for staying along for the ride.. from POS to Tide, I appreciate all of your support for a sometime writer ;)

CK

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    CK, I hope that you will get good news and recover fully. Take care of yourself and do your best in school. My thoughts will be with you.

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi Calais,

Just wanted you to know my thoughts are with you. Take all the time you need to heal and relax, and know we'll be here for you whenever you can return.

Take care,

Shaindl

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Take care of yourself- that is the most important thing right now!

5. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I hope every turns out OK and you get better soon. :) May the force be with you. :p

6. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that CK. I hope everything will work out ok for you. :) Take good care of yourself.

7. Larkonna

Larkonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 1999
    Rest up, CK. We'll be praying for a good, quick recovery for you.

8. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Master...

Please take care of yourself and we will still be here if you need us..

Please dont worry about us...we will still be here when you get better..

Take care

Your Padawan

PT

9. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Flashback

The sputter and hiss of the clashing lightsabers was the only sound as the two combatants battled back and forth, neither one claiming the upper hand. Sweat ran freely down Obi-Wan?s face, mingling with the tears that seeped from the corners of his eyes due to the irritation of the blowing sand. The wind whistled fiercely through the desert clime, throwing particles of the greenish tinged sands into the faces of both combatants and against the activated lightsabers, adding to the cacophony of sound.

Attempting to break from the combat long enough to wipe some of the moisture from his eyes, Obi-Wan brought his elbow up, catching Garen in the chest and forcing him back. In return, the fallen Jedi managed to score a hit across the young Knight?s left leg. Hissing at the pain, Obi-Wan quickly wiped at the irritation distorting his vision, before again raising his ?saber in a block.

During the next several moments, the battle raged on, with each of the combatants managing to score small hits. Obi-Wan, however, was battling defensively, trying to disarm his friend, rather than truly hurt him. It was this slight hesitation that nearly cost the new Knight his arm. Attempting to block one of Garen?s familiar moves, Obi-Wan was surprised when his childhood friend suddenly reversed his grip and brought the weapon down viciously on his left arm. Biting back a cry, Obi-Wan was forced to drop his hold on his lightsaber with that arm, fighting only with his right.

At such a disadvantage it was only a few moments before Garen was able to disarm his former friend, driving Obi-Wan to his knees. Smiling viciously, an expression that looked utterly alien on a face Obi-Wan knew almost as well as his own, the fallen Jedi finally spoke. ?And now, you die,? the dark clad figure hissed, drawing his saber back and preparing to deliver the killing stroke.

In a voice heavily tinged with regret and sorrow, Obi-Wan answered. ?I think not,? he whispered, rolling to his feet and leaping over his opponent?s head as he called his lightsaber to him. Before Garen could even turn, the young Knight delivered the final stroke, killing his oldest and best friend.

End Flashback

?Do not dare to refer to my Padawan as inferior,? Obi-Wan hissed in rage, his eyes flashing with a dark light as he faced down the Sith Lord. ?If anyone is a slave, it is you. You are the slave to the Darkside, Anakin was merely an innocent child caught up in a harsh world. It would behoove any adult to behave as admirably as he did.?

His voice rising in anger until he almost shouted the last words, Obi-Wan shook with rage as he stood between his apprentice and the Dark Lord. When Sidious took yet another step closer to Anakin, the last control Obi-Wan held evaporated. Drawing on an energy he had not realized he even had, the Jedi Master threw a burst of pure Force energy at his nemesis, lifting the Sith off of his feet and throwing him into the wall.

Ignoring the crash as a small decorative table was crushed under the Chancellor?s weight, Obi-Wan dropped to his knees beside Anakin, resting a hand on the young boy?s convulsing body. Trying to direct energy into healing, Obi-Wan was aggravated to find that he had almost no control over the Force. Instead, it seemed to rage through him, using him, rather than allowing him to utilize it.

Realizing with a start that he was actually causing more harm to his apprentice than helping him, Obi-Wan drew his hand back with a short cry. When his hand broke contact, the tremors that ran through his Padawan?s body seemed to calm somewhat. Scrambling to his feet, still trembling in anger, the Master took a stuttering step back from Anakin?s prone body, gasping slightly as the seizures lessened even further.

Forcing himself, Obi-Wan stumbled toward the Chancellor?s desk, increasing the distance between he and Anakin more and more. With each step, Anakin?s condition seemed to improve. With a sort of horror, the Master

10. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Thank you to everyone for you concern. I appreciate it greatly. Luckily, my vision has returned, though I am still missing some. However, we're still hopeful it'll all come back. My tests have also come back with normal results again, so at least for now everything is back to normal again! :)

Thanks so much everyone!

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Welcome back!!!!

12. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    So glad you are back and with a wonderful chapter!

13. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Excellent that you are back and that things are ok! :)

14. Larkonna

Mar 20, 1999
    The only thing better than seeing another post was to see that you're doing better! Welcome back, CK

15. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    It's great to have you back CK and glad you're okay. So I'm off to read the chapter. :)

16. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    The tension in the room was almost visible. N?erak still squatted near the door, mumbling softly as he tried to bypass the Chancellor?s security system. Yoda stood near the Knight, his eyes closed in concentration as the elderly Master tried to discover what was happening through the sealed doorway. Master Bant stood behind the two, her hands clasped tightly in front of her as she tried to control her own impatience and worry.

The tension level steadily increased as time passed with no change. Bant tried to regain contact with Anakin through their newly strengthened bond, but it was to no avail. She could sense that he was in the other room, and that he was with Obi-Wan, but beyond that, she was unsure. As if answering to her uncertainty, Yoda spoke.

?Within are Obi-Wan and Anakin, but a Dark presence is there too,? the wizened old Master stated. ?Cautious we must be.?

?Is it the Sith?? Bant asked quietly, trying not to disturb N?erak from his work. ?Is the Chancellor with them too??

?Only three there are,? Yoda answered cryptically.

Before Bant could question him any further, N?erak stood up. ?I?m finished,? he stated almost casually. ?As soon as you two are ready, we can continue our little adventure.?

After uploading all of the contents of the data chips recovered from Padawan Bilt and from the storage computer Dooku had kept in the bowels of the Jedi Temple, Master Billaba left the Senate information center and hurried back to meet Padmé. The young Senator had just steered her cart back to its base, and was avidly watching as the Senate floor broke out in chaos.

?Your speech was well done,? Depa declared as she stepped into the cart beside Padmé.

?Thank you,? the Senator responded. ?I hope that it will be enough to open the Senate?s eyes to the corruption that has nearly taken over it.?

Watching as the delegation from Kashykk quickly acted to subdue and block off the escape route of the Vice-Chancellor and his guards, Depa smiled softly. ?I think, perhaps, that it will be enough.?

?Master Windu, Master Gallia!? Elei exclaimed in surprise as the two Councilors caught up with her group as they were waiting for access to the still sealed off Jedi Temple campus.

?Padawan Elei, is the young boy we met at the Senate still with you?? Mace asked carefully, trying to conceal his anxiety and impatience.

?Boba?? she questioned, as she turned toward the group of injured Knights behind her. ?Yes, I think so? last I saw he was helping Knight Coyne bind her injured arm.?

?He?s over there,? Adi announced as she scanned the crowd. Without waiting for a response, the female Councilor pushed her way gently through the mass of Knights and Masters until she stood before the young boy. ?Boba?? she asked softly.

Turning from where he was holding the edge of a bandage along a young Twi?lek?s wrist, Boba raised his dark unfathomable gaze to the Jedi Master. ?Yes?? he answered in a voice that shook just slightly.

Squatting down so she was not quite as imposing, Adi spoke. ?Boba, we need your help. We need to know where your father?s ship is.?

?Why?? the young boy asked, as he allowed the edge of the bandage to slip from his fingers.

?We think that it might prove a danger to all of those who were injured in the Senate attack,? Mace replied as he came to stand beside Master Gallia.

Assessing the truth of the dark-skinned Master?s words, the young boy made no reply for several moments. Then, just when the two Councilors began to fear he would not answer, Boba climbed to his feet. ?Follow me,? he declared simply, as he began to jog swiftly along the Coruscanti walkway.

As she edged her way through the last few meters of ductwork, Serrenia had to admire Anakin Skywalker. From the dark stains that now soaked through her uniform, she knew that he must have been badly injured as he made his journey through the narrow passage

17. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Padawan Kitara, Paddyjuan, Sabe126, Larkonna, and Psycho-Freak Thank you so much! I missed all of you! Thanks for your support and thoughts too, I really appreciate it.

Also on a side note... I started work on the epilogue to POS today! :(

18. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, and I thought I'd share this too for all of those who've wondered about Lurkers...

I bought the support services on Fanfic.net, which allow you to see how many hits your stories have received. I bought it Thursday and put up the new section of POS and ODM on Friday. By SUNDAY, I had 149 hits to POS and 167 to ODM... and 2 reviews!!! :D LOL!

19. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    It's great to see you back! This story is as wonderful as ever! :D

20. Larkonna

Mar 20, 1999
    You GO GIRL!

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It's great to have our rollercoaster ride up and running again!

22. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I have read half of the story so far. Its great. Its super, its awesome. Will have to stay up till midnight tonight to finish reading it. [face_grins]

23. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Welcome Back CK! Sorry I didn't find the posties earlier...DRL has been a big dragsies the last couple of weeks! I am gladsies that things are going better with your eyesies!

:eek: the end is near? Wellsies, I guess all good things must come to an endsies! *sigh*

24. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Obi, look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    great posts!!!!!!!!!!
    UUUUP!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.