main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Price of Sacrifice {Obi-Wan, Anakin -- Angst, AU} |COMPLETE 11-11-03|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Good morning everyone! I am working on the next post, and as I said earlier, the epilogue is mostly finished. I hope to post the next part tonight or tomorrow, but it will, as always, depend on my course work. Thanks for continuing to be patient!

CK

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Up we go.....

3. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Oi. So I had the post done... and then we lost power. I recovered the first paragraph of it, and then had to go to class. Writer's block struck. Stress gained a HUGE foothold on my life.

In other words... on with the post. :p

4. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    As the door swished open, the level of energy in the Councilor?s office immediately increased dramatically. The swirling eddies of the Force were almost visible in their agitation as Master Yoda entered the room, adding his own considerable power to the mix.

Following him more cautiously, N?erak and Bant immediately tried to take in the scene before them. It was apparent that some kind of a confrontation had taken place; with Obi-Wan huddled up against the windows and Anakin laying prostrate on the floor. Neither Jedi noticed Chancellor Palpatine at first, their attentions distracted by the site of both Anakin and Obi-Wan in such dire straits.

Sharing a quick glance, N?erak and Bant managed to convey their intentions without needing to resort to a verbal exchange. Stepping around Master Yoda, who remained standing just inside the door, Master Bant moved immediately to Anakin, dropping to her knees beside him and beginning to triage his injuries.

As N?erak tried to go to Obi-Wan, however, Yoda stopped him. ?Help him you cannot. Assist me you must,? the Councilor stated.

Opening his mouth to question what the elder Jedi needed assistance with, N?erak nearly missed the first volley of Force energy emanating from the other side of the room. It was only his honed reflexes that allowed him to spin on his heel and drop into a crouch quickly enough to avoid being hit. Master Yoda, however, was not unprepared, and responded by somehow catching the Dark energy.

Knowing he was nowhere near as capable of Force manipulation as Master Yoda, N?erak tried to ascertain what the elderly Master had meant when he said he would need the Knight?s assistance. Scanning the room quickly, skipping over the disturbing visage of Obi-Wan, N?erak?s attention was caught by the small grate near the floor of the Chancellor?s office. Knowing that Serrenia was inside, and was most likely trying to remove the metal grating without notice, N?erak began to edge toward that side of the room, making it appear that he was moving to defend Bant and Anakin. Luckily, it appeared that the Chancellor?s attention was solely focused on the elderly Jedi Master.

?Is this your father?s ship?? Adi questioned, even though she was fairly certain of the strange ship?s ownership. The vessel was clearly built for speed and power, with little thought given to stealth or hiding its distinctive design.

?Yes,? Boba answered succinctly as he moved toward the hatch of the ship. ?You will need to stay back until I can disarm it.?

Exchanging a glance with Master Windu, Adi than nodded and motioned for Boba to proceed. As the boy made his way toward the ship, the female Councilor whispered quietly to her colleague.

?Are we certain he won?t merely try to leave?? she asked softly.

?If he decides to, we have no right to restrain him,? Mace replied. ?He has done no wrong, and technically, the ship does belong to him now.?

?He?s only a child,? Master Gallia argued, careful to continue in a quiet tone.

?As are many of our own Padawans,? the other Councilor answered. ?With his father who he was, I am sure Boba is more than capable of looking after himself. Should he chose to do so, it is not our right to stop him.?

?And if he chooses to follow in his father?s profession?? Adi questioned caustically.

Turning slightly toward her, Mace raised an eyebrow. ?Than I assume that someday we will be seeing him again.?

?Yoda,? the Sith Lord hissed, his disdain evidenced by the sneer he imparted the word with.

?Palpatine,? Yoda answered perfunctorily, the glowing ball of energy still settled almost insubstantially on his gnarled green hand. ?No more harm will you cause. Too many have you killed; too much has your Dark influence touched.?

?And you think you have the ability to stop me?? Palpatine questioned, a dry laugh punctuating his remark. ?You, the mighty Jedi Master who I have had nearly complete control

5. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    And the question you must ask yourself... am I evil enough to leave it there for another 20 days? [face_devil]

6. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    cristalvandepol Thank you, it is nice to finally be back. (and to use this as a GREAT excuse to avoid Grad school applications)

Larkonna Thanks [face_blush]

Kitara Ahh.. roller coasters... so much fun. Except, roller coasters don't just dump you off at the end [face_devil]

CrystalKenobi LOL! Welcome and thanks for putting so much time into reading this

Sockie DRL I understand completely. Thanks for taking the time to review, I appreciate it :)

diamondpony2002 It's not only Obi who must worry :)

kasia Thanks :D

Kitara Gracias for the up! :)

Oh, and I've discovered the cause of my recent writer's block (recent, as in 15 minutes ago). Listening to LOTR while trying to write Star Wars just does NOT work :p

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Rollercoasters may not dump me off at the end, but they cause me to lose my lunch...please be gentle 8-}

8. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Gasp!!!!!!! It's done. It's over....

All that's left is the epilogue folks :( :_|

More notes to come later.

9. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    The emergence of Master Yoda along with Knight N?erak and Healer Bant had surprised Obi-Wan. When the Chancellor?s door had hissed open, he had expected it to be the Senate Guard. Instead, he had found himself both grateful and somewhat ashamed to see his friends and mentor. Grateful, because they could help Anakin; ashamed because they would see his weakness and inability to protect his Padawan.

When Bant had gone immediately to assist Anakin he felt profound relief. Although there may have been a few Healers with more skill than his friend, there were none who would put such care and consideration into his care. Anakin was in good hands, and he could trust that someone else could take care of the Padawan whom he had failed so miserably.

His attention was drawn forcibly away from watching Bant when the Sith attacked. Master Yoda was able to intercept the Dark energy before it hit either him or N?erak, yet Obi-Wan could somehow tell that the Dark Lord had not used all of his power in the attempt. His assumption was proved when Sidious turned his power on him.

As the Dark Energy reached out for him, he had prepared himself for the burning pain of Force lightning. Instead, he had been hit with a debilitating sense of weakness and loss of control. The Force, which had failed to respond to his command, was now answering to the Dark Lord. All of his energy and power was being channeled back through the connection to Sidious, allowing the Sith to raise his own power exponentially.

Using N?erak?s intervention to the utmost, Master Yoda went on the offensive, sending his own Force energy back toward the Sith while also drawing his lightsaber. Moving swiftly across the room despite his age, Yoda tried to insinuate himself between Sidious and Obi-Wan, attempting to break the connection between them.

Instead of disrupting the connection, however, Master Yoda?s energy combined with the Sith?s and the Chosen One?s, creating an enormous triumvirate of power. All three were caught up in a whirling vortex of Force Energy as the Light and the Dark fought for supremacy.

?Serrenia, now!? Bant yelled, motioning for the Padawan to overturn the phial as Master Yoda and N?erak distracted the Sith Lord. Serrenia responded immediately, and the vicious liquid slid from the phial.

The thick droplets of the liquid dripped from the upended phial, falling thickly toward the Chancellor below. Distracted as he was with maintaining the connection to the Chosen One, Sidious did not realize what was happening until he was covered in the substance. Almost immediately, the Narsicsis went to work.

The feeling of power was incredible. Although his own Force energy was not insubstantial, Sidious had never before felt such raw power. Kenobi?s connection to the Force was unparalleled, and the energy that Sidious could command through him was unlimited. Even the fabled Master Yoda was no match for him.

As he watched with grim satisfaction as Yoda writhed on the floor, the Sith Lord only took periphery notice of the other Jedi in the room. None of them were powerful enough to pose a threat, so he felt justified in ignoring them. His assumption was proven incorrect, however, when the young Knight decided to sacrifice himself in a bid to assist Master Yoda. Distracted by the unexpected maneuver, Sidious could not prevent the Jedi head Councilor from interposing himself on the connection the Sith Lord shared with the Chosen One. Though the power he wielded was still immense, Sidious now had to contend with Yoda for absolute control.

Caught up in the battle with Yoda, the Sith did not notice the phial that was levitated over his head. It was only as the vicious liquid dripped onto his robes that he took notice of it. By then, it was too late.

As the active Narsicsis was suddenly added to the battle between the Si

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    There had better be an epilogue. You absolutely cannot end it here!

11. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh my goodness, thoses two posts were just awesome. I just caught on that Obiwan was the real chosen one. But please he must be okay. The part with Yoda hoping he would not have to see this was heartwenching.

I look forward to reading more of your work down the road.

12. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    AMAZING POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!

13. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Whoa, excellent! I agree with PadawanKitara you need to have an epilogue :p

14. Larkonna

Larkonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 1999
    Transfixed and mesmerized, absolutely incredible. After over a year, this is where it all leads . . . wow.

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

**froggy falling off cliffie**

(a wonderfully done cliffie, but still a cliffie)

16. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    :eek: Wow! Those last two chapters were absolutely wonderful. You managed to keep us hanging from the cliffie from beginning to end. You evil author, you. :p

*sits and waits for the epilogue*
    There is one, right?

17. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm still reading this ... finally managed to get caught up to the post where you wrote a summary of events so far. Wonderful story - the past, like, 50 pages have all been constantly rising in suspense ... so well done. :)

I am glad to see you back, and hope your health is doing well. :D

I'll be back when in a while when I get through the rest. :)

18. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    THERE BETTER BE AN EPILOGUE!!! THIS IS TOO GOOD TO END THERE!!!!!!

19. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Holy *insert long silence here*!!!

After yet another involuntarily absence it is quite a shaking experience to return to find such intense post and learn that...it is over. I can't get that through my head, this story is what made me leave lurkdom, get a membership and actually be a part of these forums. And it's over?

Anyway, leaving the dwelling behind - amazing posts. It's good that you are back and feeling well again. *freaky happy dance* And your ability to write has only gotten better, I can tell. Those were incredible, fantastic, wonderful posts! Can't wait for the epilogue.

I think I might need to take a shower or a walk now, after this experience. I actually tend to divide my life into pre-CK and post-CK, but I think I'll have to change that and add post-end of POS. I will never be the same again.

Did I say that the posts were amazing?

20. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    EPILOGUE:

It was barely a whimper, but it reached Anakin?s attentive ears immediately. Standing up from the uncomfortable Healer?s ward chair and slipping his datapad in his pocket, he moved toward the small bed dominating the center of the room. Reaching down over the raised edges, he scooped up one of the small bundles inside.

?There, there Luke,? he murmured softly, ?no need to wake your sister up? again.?

Holding the child to his chest and rubbing his back gently, Anakin stepped outside of the nursery ward. Motioning to the Padawan at the desk to get her attention, he pointed toward the room behind him. ?Please keep a watch over Leia,? he requested, ?I need to take Luke for another little stroll.?

The Twi?lek nodded, ?Certainly sir.? As Anakin began to walk further down the hall, he heard the rest of her comment, which was certainly not meant for his ears. ?As if I would want to explain to the Supreme Chancellor if something happened to one of her children??

Chuckling lightly, Anakin soon took up his soft chanting again as Luke began to whimper. Anakin loved his children more than he would ever have thought possible, but Luke had a set of lungs that could nearly wake the dead. Where Leia was quiet and docile, though with a seemingly powerful intellect behind those dark wondering eyes, Luke was loud and active. The twins could not have been more different, and yet both were clearly their parent?s child.

Looking down to adjust Luke?s blanket, Anakin didn?t notice the other figure in the hall until he almost walked into her. When he had transferred from the active Jedi Corp to the Healer?s, Anakin had found that his constant state of awareness had dimmed as the level of danger had lessened. After becoming a father, however, he realized that his senses were becoming just as perceptive, if not more so, than before. Watching after the twins had certainly taught him to be constantly vigilant. However, the figure before him was one he had never associated with danger or a threat to his children, and as such, she still managed to almost always sneak up on him.

?Master Bant,? Anakin greeted the Mon Calamarian softly.

?Anakin,? Bant replied, looking down fondly at the tiny bundle in his arms. ?I take it Luke has decided he is bored yet again??

?My Mas? Obi-Wan used to always say that he hoped someday I would have a Padawan as trying as I was,? Anakin answered, his voice slightly thick. ?I guess, in some ways, he got his wish.?

Smiling gently, Bant nodded. Realizing that a change of subject was in order, she motioned to the door she had just stepped out of. ?One of these days I swear that one of them will get the other killed,? she complained dryly.

Raising his gaze from where it had settled on his son, Anakin read the placard on the door. ?Ah, I take it Boba is on Coruscant again??

?Have you ever seen Master Windu in the Healer?s Ward unless Boba had something to do with it?? the Master Healer questioned.

?Well?? pausing to wrack his brain, Anakin realized that he had not, in fact, ever seen Mace inside the Ward unless it was because of an injury caused by Boba Fett, or because he was checking up on his injured friend. ?What happened this time?? he asked instead.

?This time, the estimable Master Windu decided to teach Boba how to maneuver better in the anti-grav room,? Bant began. ?Only he didn?t bother to check whether or not it was occupied before he and Boba entered.? Pointing to a room across the hall, the Master Healer trailed off.

Leaning so that he could read the placard on the other door, Anakin shifted Luke slightly. As he finished reading, he let out a loud guffaw of laughter; waking Luke from the light doze he had dropped off into. ?Shh, shh,? Anakin tried to murmur between the mirth still escaping him. With an amused expression, Bant offered to hold Luke until Anakin calmed down, allowing the baby to rest against a chest that wasn?t moving erratically with held back laughter.

?I take it that Master N?erak and Padawan Serrenia were in the middl

21. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh my this is hard. I never realized how much this story, and by proxy, all of you had meant to me. I am almost in tears right now... as lame as it sounds this was such a huge part of my life at a time when I really needed it. Thank you so much.

Final Responses:

Kitara No, I didn't end it there. I couldn't. Thank you so much for being here, I really appreciate it. I remember that summer over a year ago when there were often times when it was only you and I and a few others on the boards in the wee hours. Thanks

Crystal Thank you. I hope to finish ODM and WLLFDTD soon so that I can start yet another epic ;)

kasia Thanks!

DarthSmurf Thanks... an epilogue there now is ;)

Larkonna Thank you so much. I seem to be saying that a lot, but I really mean it. You were yet another one of those there from nearly the very beginning. I appreciate the time you have put into reading this and commenting

Paddyjuan Yes, well, it was the last cliffie after all [face_sob] Geez, after all I've been through lately, the ending of a story wouldn't seem like much, but oi it is. Thanks for being there for me so much

PsychoFreak Cliffies are becoming somewhat of a favorite of mine. Perhaps if I ever become a published author I'll mature enough to stop doing it... nah! :p ;)

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Thanks. I'm glad I'm feeling better too! :) I'm glad you've enjoyed the story so far, and that you had the chance to read it all through the rising suspense, rather than in fits and starts as I wrote. I'm glad to see it actually worked out even with such great delays!

diamondpony_2002 No fears, the epilogue is here... and I think it might just be a happy ending!

Cicci Oh I can't even begin to tell you what your review meant. Thanks so very, very much. It's amazing to me that this was my first story here (despite the fact others got finished first) and that it was truly the first attempt at writing I've ever made. To have such a huge response, and to have it have meaning for others... it's just incredible. Instead of feeling like I wasted time writing this story that will never go any further than these boards, I feel like I've made some wonderful friends and gotten to tell a tale that was just asking to be written.

Again, Thanks everyone! And hopefully I'll see you all again soon on another story! :D

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi CK!

I haven't always had the time to respond, but now that this marvelous epic is over, I had to stop in and tell you just how much I've enjoyed it. The range of the story was as deep as any novel, and the characterisations were always on the money.

As for this last post, I loved how you had Anakin become Bant's Padawan (unless I read that wrong) and a healer - that seems like a natural choice for him after all that he had been through. The ending was superb, with Luke and Leia, and then with Luke curled up with Obi-Wan. I love how you left it a bit open-ended so we could imagine our own finish.

This was a really spectacular read, and I'm looking forward to the other ones you have on the go. Hope you're well, and thanks once again for sharing this with all of us!

Cheers,

Shaindl

23. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Anakin didn?t notice the odd knowing look in the bright blue eyes of his son, nor the slight smile that upturned the still lips of Obi-Wan Kenobi as a new bond began to form.

Thank you for leaving us some hope the Obiwan would be okay. It was a sad post in some ways but gave hope at the same time.

Have you consider a sequel to this story starting off with the new bond.

24. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    wonderful ending & wonderful story
    :D

25. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I can't believe this fic is done! I think it was the first fic I ever read on this site.

Great ending to an amazing story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.