main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Prince of Nothing Trilogy R. Scott Bakker

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Ice_and_Fire, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice_and_Fire

Ice_and_Fire Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2009
    Hadn't seen any discussion on this series which I am finishing up right now. Anyboyd Else enjoy this trilogy as much as I did? Who is your favorite character? Which factions do you like the best? Wasn't the vocabulary used excellent and extremely broad?

If this is a repeat of an old topic I am sorry but I was too lazy to look back through all the different recent topics.

2. Ice_and_Fire

Aug 26, 2009
    Whoops! Just noticed that spelling error in the topic title. I'm new and now extremely embarrassed.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You actually have 90 minutes after you post to edit your message (including the title), but I nabbed it :)

I haven't heard of this one.

4. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

He's continuing the story. The newest book is The Judging Eye, first book of the new Aspect Emperor trilogy. You can guess who the Emperor is. :p

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I have read up to the half way point on book 3 so far. I enjoyed it but it is really complex and takes alot of attention to remember who is who. I will get

6. Ice_and_Fire

Aug 26, 2009
    Yeah, Bakker is a really intelligent writer. I found myself writing down a word down from almost every other page to look up in the dictionary.

I'm also right about half way through the Thousandfold Thought. For some reason I find this book taking me a lot longer to read than the other two. This may just be because I am reading Dune at the same time and am reading that more diligently. But I do really love the series and the first two book, especially the last one.

7. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    I loved this trilogy. Bakker is a great writer and his world is large and complex. I'm a fan of the interesting aphorisms that begin each chapter.

Kellhus is a great character. Achamian might be my favorite.

Unfortunately, The Judging Eye isn't nearly as good. But he set the bar pretty high for himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.