main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 'Prison Break' Discussion thread: Series Finale

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Agent_SkywalKer, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    LATEST EPISODE
    The Sunshine State
    Airs: Monday December 22, 2008

"Lincoln and his team travel to Miami looking for Scylla. Michael learns some shocking secrets about his past while Sara searches for him."

2. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    A shocking secret, eh? On this show, is there any other kind? ;)

3. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    they should of ended it at the end of season 2 with lincoln exonerated

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Breaking: Fox cancels 'Prison Break'

Jan 13, 2009, 12:29 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Categories: Prison Break

"Big news from Fox's portion of winter press tour! The net just announced that Prison Break would be coming to an end this season. Oh, did I say big news? I meant news we all saw coming a mile away.

The final string of episodes will kick off April 17, but exactly how many episodes there will be is an open question. "We've got our remaining batch of four episodes and then there are a couple more we're contemplating," says network prez Kevin Reilly, adding that the four-year old Prison has simply run its course. "The show is played out."

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    About time. This show got bad after Season 1.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

7. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    season 2 was fine, 3 was stupid and 4 is putrid.

lincoln working for the company? Lincoln killing people?

So dumb

8. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Canceled got me scared there for a minute. "Ends it" seems like much better diction.

9. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah.. this show should've ended after season 2.. It hasn't been GOOD since season 1, but season 2 at least made sense to include our heroes on the run. How they managed to drag it out for 2 more seasons is mindblowing.. (And a complete credit to how awesome that supporting cast was!)

10. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    As Willy Wonka said "Scratch that, reverse it." I respectfully disagree with your comment G.A. Axl Rose. 3 was the putrid one, IMHO!
    I rejoice that the show is coming to a close before it had a chance to get really horrible. It has been, charitably, semi so bad it's good after season 2. Season one and two, in reverse order, were the best. With four and three, in that order, bringing up the rear. And I agree with a whole heart that Season 2 should have been the end. Though the image of Scofield walking past a quivering, crying, and ragged looking Bellick was a feast for my eyes. As was his reaction to becoming an inmate at Fox River. Though, in the end, he reformed and got a deserved noble hero sacrifice ending.
    So, it comes to an end. That, again, is good news. I pray that the show has a decent ending, with few loose threads.
    So, does anyone have a wish list of what ought to happen......
    I would love to see Sucre get the happy ending with Maricruz, the return of Paul Kellerman(we did not see him die in the van), Bagwell get killed(despite his recent good deeds), Gretchin and Self go out in a blaze of glory. And most of all, the one behind it all, The General....either he gets it from Lincoln, Scofield, Sarah, Mahone, and anyone I am missing. Or a shot from his daughter. To think that this whole conspiracy, back to day one, was orchestrated by this man. Yes, that makes the show even harder to swallow. We went from just the President to 'the Company'.
    And, yeah, as I am a sentimental man...let's have the Warden perform a double wedding of Micheal and Sarah & Sucre and Maricruz. In a show this absurd, and to a degree, a lot of fun. Imagine the Warden becoming a Minister or some other quiet profession.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The show really should have ended after season 2. All the storylines were wrapped up but Michael had to go and get himself arrested. I was satisfied where every other character was at that point. Bellick and T-Bag in prison? They deserved it. C-Note with his family. Perfect. Get Sucre and Mari Cruz together. Then Lincoln and LJ and Michael and Sara. Would have been a perfect ending point. But no they invented more plot and changed what the show was. The only redeeming storyline from the 3rd and 4th season has been the redemption of Mahone. But Sona? Scilla? Pointless.

12. mikadojedi

Sep 25, 2003
    Amen, Lando, that the show SHOULD have ended after Season 2. But there was to many questions to be answered then to just say goodbye. Who was that guy in the limo always listening, and rarely talking to Agent Kim? Among others. And thanks for reminding me...the scene where Bagwell ended up in the Panama Jail cell was fantastic. But, if I recall Sucre's last scene was him lying in the street dying. And that would have been, while great tragedy, not to great for the show.
    Prison Break, while good fun for the most part, will go down as a show that got greedy. I am of the belief that the show was meant to conclude after season 2. Or, IMHO, they would have kept Abruzzi, Apolskis(Tweener), Haywire, or for that matter C-Note.
    Season 1: Get 'em out!
    Season 2: Why Scofield and Burrows ended up in Fox River. And the runs of the respective charactors.
    That should have been it. Simply have Burrows framed for Steadman's murder. And let them bring the President, and cronies, to justice. I really hope that one of the episodes is similar to the 'back in time' episode from season 1 that showed the pasts of some of the escapees. I would love to know how Steadman's murder, which brought Lincoln to Death Row in the first place, ties in with 'The Company'.

13. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    It took damm long thats sure.

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-10PM
    Fox, TV-14-DLV

Series Return
    Prison Break

"Michael and Sara hitchhike to Miami. Isn't JetBlue running an on-the-lam special?"

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    And Fox lines Prison Break up in the Friday Night Death Slot for it's final eps...

16. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    last night was confusing

17. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Last night's episode was okay, but nothing special. I really don't like the fact that the brothers' mother is alive and working for the company. At this point I'm sticking with the show out of affection for the previous seasons rather then a vested interest in the conclusion of this one, which is unfortunate because I used to be riveted to Prison Break every week.

18. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I got dragged back into this one because my grandfather is a fan... We used to chat about it all the time, but then early on in this season with the whole Scilla thing, i just lost interest. Had every episode DVR'd, but had to dump them to make room.

Then my grandpa goes and points out that he would like to watch the final 5 episodes with me :p

SO i watched those 2 the other night. Considering how much i've missed... Eh.. I'm just in it for the actors.

I don't know that i even understand what Scilla is at this point :p

The show was still forgettably entertaining, though.

19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I've watched every episode and I don't even know what it is! I'm only in this because there are only a handful of episodes left and I've invested so much time in these characters. I just want to see the ending at this point.

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next Episode:

Vs.

"Michael and Lincoln come to blows over Scylla as Christina sets the wheels in motion for her plan. Meanwhile, Sara recieves life-changing news. T-Bag arrives at the Indian Embassy. The General becomes increasingly paranoid."

Airs: 04/24/09

21. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Another interesting episode. I felt this episode was better than "Mother Lode" and I'm now getting more curious as to how they will wrap the series up.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next Episode

S.O.B.

"A wary Michael meets with Christina. The General arrives in Miami. T-Bag must prove himself to the Company."

Airs: 05/01/09

23. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

May 8, 2002
    is there 1 or 2 more episodes left?

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Two. This show is so messed up now, I'm sure it'll end on some crazy cliffhanger. :p

25. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    S.O.B. is definitely my favorite episode since the show's return. I really enjoyed the classic PB cliffhanger ending.

26. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    Anyone know when the next episode (20) airs? I`ve been waiting in vain after last weeks cliffhanger!

Am I right in saying there will be 22 episodes in total this season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.