main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    My Jedi brother! Hello!
    * Offers some appropriately suspicious snacks and a spare goblet of a clear liquid *

Sarge, Sinrebirth , Kato Sai and 3 others like this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore

Slowly, he unfurled his form from the shadows and took in the dark ambience of The Pit. Indeed, this place was greatly missed. Images of past duels and contests briefly swam in his mind's eye. Some he recognized, others were less familiar, but they all spoke of strength, struggle, pain, victory and defeat. There were those who rose from defeat 'stronger' than before, others who thought themselves mighty- and were brought low. The Dueling Pit was no respecter of persons- for it revealed unapologetic truth. There was no place for weakness here.

The zabrak Sith Lord felt a hint of a smile begin to twist his black lips- 'twas pleasant anticipation that he now felt. The Circle of Lords had convened.

From his place on the mezzanine, he turned and bowed to each High Lord and Lord present, always to the Sith Emperor first.

That they were all here to witness the testing of a 'mere peon' was significant. This suggested that this was no 'mere peon', he concluded- or perhaps it was, after all. The ends of the Circle of Lords were never simple and always layered with mystery.

'Excellent.'

Lord Manticore peered down, his fiery gaze blazing from within the darkness of his hooded visage. For a moment, he regarded this...Kato Sai; Manticore peeled away and examined what layers were present with his keen force senses -and then he saw it.

'This will be very interesting' He mused internally.

Then the smile did widen......just a bit, if only for a moment.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    *moves into box seat*

Finally made it! The younglings are asleep, and I brought lunch.

How long do you think Kato’s gonna last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    @Sarge

I hate brutality, Mr. Bonaventure. The idea of two men beating each other to a pulp makes me ill.

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    We are Sith, this is part and parcel of the job description.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    *Kato hears the applause of @Ava G. and is heartened*

7. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous
    "The Pit."

Hunger.... .. .

He opened his eyes, taking in his surroundings. He did not know where he was but that familiar smell found its' way through his nostrils...

Blood...

The Pit...

His lips curled as he felt the familiar presence of a darkness long since lost. It was the Sith. He had been away so long. It would not be known if his smile was with ill-intent.

He would also feel another presence through the force..

Jedi....

Or at least the last time the Beast had a run in with @Kato Sai

The Beast found himself in a prison cell beneath the arena bound head to toe in chains. He was left behind in another dimension but the Sith and the Emperor himself have an unnatural way of retrieving an asset when it is needed..

*click*

His chains fell away and his cell door flung open. Darth Ravenous grabbed his weapons from the durasteel chest at the base of the stairs leading to the arena which included a double bladed red lightsaber, a modified holdout blaster, and a micro-grenade launcher.

The Beast ascended the stairs. At the top he saw the man.

Kato Sai! Do you think you have what it takes to become Sith?!

He then addressed the rest of the Sith in the stands who were watching and mainly the one who summoned him, the Blazen-Haired Assassin and the one whom he shared his first duel with. Beating on his chest as he howled.

We are meant to be strong! We are meant to take what is rightfully ours! Is this man prepared for that?!

The Beast was unruly... unrefined as usual. A Wookiee at heart.

His eyes narrowed as he pointed at Kato Sai, resting his other hand on the holstered blaster and continued,

I will consume you.. What say you, youngling?

A jab at the man's time as a Jedi.

@QueenSabe7 @Sinrebirth @Kato Sai @All the others viewing

8. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    An audible gasp escapes Serapis' lips as he sees who enters the Pit. Now the familarity of the arena is clear! A memory of himself, formerly Ithorian, being torn to pieces by @WookieeRage, himself.

Serapis sits back. A satisfied smile on his face.

9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore
    The Pit

A slow, deliberate, acknowledging nod was given form Lord Manticore to Darth Ravenous, the once Wookie now Powerful Sith Beast.

The two had dueled previously, before the Wookie’s transformation. Ravenous had earned the zabrak’s respect. That had been a good day indeed.

If there was ever a personification of dark unbridled passion, Ravenous would be a close representation of it, at least in the zabrak’s mind.

As he watched the spectacle unfold in the arena below, Manticore’s tattooed countenance showed fleeting evidence that he was pleased, before a smile vanished from his face, replaced by his ever present stoic visage.

He would watch with interest, for the question posed was true -one that lay at the core of the contest.

Kato Sai! Do you think you have what it takes to become Sith?!

Knowledge alone was no qualifier, though it did help. The question was finally given voice as proclaimed by the one who stood at the gate.

What then would be the answer?

The Council of Lords would not be denied such knowledge.

For the Peon, everything depended on it.

10. Silvertough

Silvertough Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2018
    IC: Darth Vyatoris
    The Pit

The call had been heard, a siren song from a distant past, memories buried in the sands of time.

The Sith were to gather once more, to bear witness to an initiation for a former enemy. A former Jedi.

What little remained of the Miraluka Sith manifested quietly in the ringed stand above the Pit itself, far removed from the other gathered Sith he once called allies. As they once did himself.

Was this event itself just a memory?

Vyatoris cast his gaze across the faces of the gathered Sith. He knew them all.. there was no one new..

Even the combatants themselves he had knowledge of, all from another time. A former Master, a former foe.

Clearly the duel was just the newest concotion of a damaged mind. Why else would a lost Jedi be fighting a dead Sith?

The shade that was Vyatoris reclined in his chosen seat, content with his conclusion. That being said, compared to the other oddities his mind had conjured as of late, a match with his old allies was a welcome distraction.

Tags: @Sinrebirth , @QueenSabe7 ,@Kato Sai , @WookieeRage , @greyjedi125 , @DarthIshyZ ,@all other Sith

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    He’s here

To encapsulate a perfect moment was to draw upon the theatrical and the dramatic, yes, but at its heart had to be a true revelation.

A demonic moment of shock and awe to curdle the gut, to freeze your blood, to draw the very breath from your lips as if stolen by a phantom kiss -

These were the emotions which would - should - fill and throttle the arena.

Lord Ravenous - unchained and unleashed.

He was merely Dark Lord of the Sith today; the interplay belonged to the monstrous Sithspawn and the Peon.

His eyes found Lady Syren, and he grinned. It was her event, and she deserved all the credit and glory to come of it.

The coming moment would be divine in its brutality and beauty made in blood.

TAG: @QueenSabe7, @WookieeRage, @Kato Sai

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Bellorum

*takes a seat and strokes Entropius as he settles on her lap*

It’s showtime. =D=

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Kato Sai

I felt the ground of the cell shake as my opponent emerged. The metal square links rattled, as did my armor. I recognized this quake.

‘Him.. the one I had faced in my arrogance as a Jedi.’

I reached for a metal casket, hidden beneath my armor. Opening it revealed another lightsaber hilt, Arbiter grade. I took it and held it in my left hand, and the Praetor in my right. Stepping into the light of the arena, I saw the Wookiee whose threat to consume me felt not like a metaphor or empty gesture but a literal plan if I should fail.

My mask steamed as I felt the fear, the adrenaline flood my body with a fever. Taking hold of the two saber hilts I made a bow to WookieeRage and then to the Dark Lords and Sith in the stands.

At last we face one another again. When we last met I was a learner, a fool ..deceived. Now the Darkness is my ally. If it is a meal you wish to make of me, then you shall feed on these blades!”

Igniting the emerald Arbiter blade and the Ruby Praetor I rushed like a Reek towards the Wookiee. The emerald and ruby blades spinning in archs. With each step I felt the Force, it lifting me higher with each step until I leapt up and lunged at WookieeRage both blades like horns above me poised to strike.

TAG: 1417953[/URL]]@WookieeRage @QueenSabe7 1151550[/URL]]@Sinrebirth @greyjedi125 1423608[/URL]]@Nehru_Amidala
    @Lady Belligerent

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Aryan Graul, High Lord of the Sith Empire
    Above the Pit

The acoustics of the lavish pit accentuated his footsteps as Aryan entered the chamber and assumed his seat among the other High Lords. He offered a brief nod to the Emperor, Lady Bellorum, and Manticore in turn, before his gaze lingered on Lady Syren. The smile that slowly spread over his features exuded his admiration – and perhaps something more, as he silently conveyed his approval. She had outdone herself by organizing such an extraordinary event, a truly remarkable feat.

While he didn't condone senseless violence, such as the kind that typically occurred in this very pit, he did understand the importance of discipline and character. Today's activities were to assess both. And naturally, he was curious to see how things would ultimately transpire.

Crossing his arms over his chest, Aryan reclined back in his seat and observed the two combatants as they entered the arena – Lord Ravenous, the fearsome Wookiee Sithspawn, and the relative unknown who was eager to prove his worth after his failure as a Jedi. At this juncture, he couldn't even remember the young man's name. And yet, did it really matter? Aryan had already made up his mind on who he expected to win this fight. It was time to see whether his intuition was correct.

He quietly scoffed at that notion, his hand coming up to idly stroke his beard as the duel began in earnest.

TAG: @QueenSabe7; @Sinrebirth; @Lady Belligerent; @Kato Sai; @WookieeRage; all others present

15. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    And so it went...

This disciple kept his cards close.. it seemed familiar. Yes. That was the smell... blind rage.

The Beast knew it all too well.. His duel with Darth Haretisch and the downward spiral that ensued. The Beast would learn from his mistakes. He was unruly yes. But the chaos within the maelstrom was accepted, no?

The Beast's hand drifted from the blaster as he rolled out of the way of @Kato Sai lunge. Instead pulling the double saber from his belt, igniting it and reserving for another lesson..

Is that anger... Or fear my Padawan? Hahahah!

Ravenous flourished his double saber and waited again for Kato Sai's move.

@QueenSabe7 @Sinrebirth @Kato Sai

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Kato Sai

The emerald and ruby blades burrowed into the ground as the Wookiee evaded. There on one knee I looked up through my visor and saw him standing with an ignited staff saber.

‘That was a hasty move on my part. I need to be more cautious.’

Rising to my feet I stepped forward.

Fear.. yes, I feel it. I will let it stoke and turn to something else.. [anger]

Taking the Arbiter hilt and holding it in reverse grip, holding it behind my back, I hear the hum of the saber behind me and in front of me.

‘Before me is the Path of the Sith, Behind me is the Jedi Path. May I be found worthy.’

With that I feel the fire, the anger.

Padawan? Padawan! To think I was one of those braided bafoons! How naive and deluded I was!

I feel it, this self hatred, it gives me strength, I feel the fire in my veins. Yes.. consume me.

With this newfound strength I thrusted the Praetor red blade at WookieeRage, and was ready to follow it up with the Arbiter blade.

1417953[/URL]]@WookieeRage
    @QueenSabe7
    1151550[/URL]]@Sinrebirth

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Leans in the doorway with arms folded regarding the entire situation with mild interest.

18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Syren
    The Pit

After silently, impatiently pacing the lowest row of seats as she awaited the arrival of her chosen fighter, Syren offered nods of respect towards each of the Lords as they joined her for the show. She could barely contain her excitement - what? It had been far too long since a spectacle duel had been organized to such fanfare, and she found she missed this among the Sith.

And then he was here.

Ravenous. The former Wookiee Sith turned beast, at one time a fellow apprentice as they climbed the ranks together. They had fought beside one another in what seemed a different life now, and she had always held the fearsome warrior in high esteem. He had been gone for a while and his no nonsense, kill or be killed mentality was sorely lacking from the Empire in his absence.

Syren found herself grateful that he agreed to come back to this place in aid of the Empire once more, even if she was not certain he would stay.

As the duel began, she offered a small bow of her head in Ravenous' direction and searched out her new apprentice in the gathering crowd, then took her seat next to Aryan. She nudged him with an elbow. "Don't look so disgusted, Graul. You know you're going to enjoy this." With a wink, she leaned forward to reach for the ugnaught that was pacing the rows with popcorn baskets, snagging one as the alien passed by.

TAGS: @WookieeRage @HanSolo29 @Ava G. , anyone present.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    In my experience, when you hurt people, no one wants to play with you any more. I find it's much more beneficial to play nice. I've learned a lot more in friendly sparring than in bloody grudge matches. And it's a whole lot more fun.

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    leans close to @Sarge and whispers....... Ava fell, she's with the Darkside now..........I find her words confusing at best now. I imagine the Sith find that more of a good thing.....

21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The Dark Side of the Force clouds everything.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yes, I know.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Then you know her words are betraying her new following.....interesting. I find the weak fall to the darkness, the strong rise above it.........in my experience at least. ;)

darthbernael likes this.
  24. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    * Jumps at the sudden appearance of @Adalia-Durron and @Kev-Mas_Colcha *
    Jeez, people.

BTW, I think she's quoting an obscure movie. But, in any case, her master will beat that out of her. Er... I mean train. Train that out of her. Train. Yes...

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Frowns and glances at @Sarge - You invisible now?

DarthIshyZ and darthbernael like this.