main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Ic: Kato Sai
    The Pit

I studied the Wookiee as he spoke, wondering if this was the calm before the storm. I felt my blade bat away from Lord Ravenous’ stroke, it shook the bones in my arm.

I knew I had only one move left to make. With a command of the Force, I came to the Wookiee’s waist, and turned, my back to my opponent. I took my crimson saber, and felt it hilt in my hand. I then sought inward.. I felt the hate, the pain.. the rage, it instructed me to do that which seemed insane. I took the saber and thrusted. The blade burrowed through my belly and out my back.

I stood, pierced by my own saber, in hopes that such a move would have demonstrated the sheer depth of my self hatred.

I was unsure if my edge had struck Lord Ravenous. But in that moment I felt my torment wain, the sheer pain of my wound drowned it out. All that the Jedi had done to me, that I blamed them for seemed to silence inside my mind, I finally saw it was I and I alone who had bent to the weak.. I who put my misplaced faith in the Jedi Order.

My only hope was this stroke on my self would show Lord Ravenous my commitment to victory, at even the cost of my own life. I felt my life force fading, but I was sure in my resolve, I would serve the Sith Empire at even the risk of destroying this shell, this body. I fell on one knee, I looked up into the stands, seeing The Emperor, and all the Dark Lords, Dark Ladies, and Acolytes. I bowed my head to them and waited for what came next.. death or deliverance.

TAG:
    @WookieeRage @Sinrebirth @QueenSabe7

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:
    ~The Stands~

Well, this was certainly a sight to see. The old Rancor Pit Arena was still in existence and hadn't been completely obliterated yet. The firrerreo chuckled to himself and the sounds of his armor echoed about him as he moved through the stands.

To find a suitable spot to watch the current spectacle was his goal today. How had the youth of the galaxy grown, he idly wondered, before coming to briefly rest on a railing at the edge of one of the upper stands. His gauntleted hands settled on it as he glanced over and through the visor of his helmet, letting the Force inform him of the current waves going on below before even his eyes did.

The Dark Side was everywhere. It would appear that the Sith remained particularly active in this area, but then, that was usual. Combat and such displays of physical prowess and evaluation were more their style than the Jedi for example. Though the Light Siders did emerge now and again. But not today.

Under the white helm, he smiled. It was almost nostalgic to be here and watching a duel again. Well, lets see what the Sith had going for them.

Shifting so his forearms were now fully resting on the railing, Trysos leaned forward ever so slightly and watched.

Tag: No One In Particular

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore
    The Pit

The bloody spectacle crested as it sought to reach its natural conclusion, engrossing all spectators in its developing drama. Yet still, many of the sith knew to remain alert to any potential threat in their vicinity.

This did not include the Jedi.

Manticore felt an unfamiliar stirring in the force through his keen force senses, something not jedi and not sith. Something...no, someone, who's presence required at least his cursory attention, for doing so was in his nature. From where he stood in the mezzanine, the zabrak Sith Lord's form turned to where he felt this unfamiliar presence was located. In an instant, fiery eyes beheld the man, a firrerreo by race. Hmm.The Force was strong with this one. It seemed this stranger knew enough not to attempt to conceal his presence while uninvited during the affairs of the Sith, for it could be too easily misconstrued as something else.

Good.

As it was, the stranger remained at a safe distance, simply spectating and was thereby seen as 'no threat' to the Sith. Hopefully he too was enjoying the unfolding drama displayed on the arena floor.

There was a subtle nod given, before the zabrak turned once again to see who would remain standing between the Peon and the Sith Spawn.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  4. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous.
    The Pit..

Kato Sai was in rough shape. The opponent he faced was too strong.

The Beast he faced was once the epitome of rage... of... Hate.

Where was he now?

He was seen by all but as soon as he was concrete, he dissipated. Was he never there at all or was his hate enough to bring his spirit forth?

It mattered not but all Sith would know Kato_Sai's brass for facing the Sith-Beast.

He would choose his Sith name, or be given it by the Beast-spirit.

@Kato Sai @QueenSabe7 @Sinrebirth

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Darth Tormentum
    The Rancor Pit

*Bows low to Lord Ravenous*

You have taught me a vital lesson. I seek to emulate your rage as a Sith Warrior.

I have chosen the name TORMENTUM. My Master Darth Hekate is now teaching me the way of the Darkness.

I am glad we were able to rectify our last duel when I was arrogant Jedi fool using god powers, slave powers more like. I bear the wounds of the Reeks on my cheeks, covered by my mask, but they will remind me of the Sith Beast who showed me “The Way of Pain,” which has become a hallmark of my training.

This duel has been an honor, to face you once more.

*Bows*

TAG:
    @Sinrebirth @QueenSabe7 @WookieeRage

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  6. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Darth Azathoth
    The Rancor Pit

Azathoth's face remained placid and unmoving as he watched the duel come to a close. He waited patiently for it to draw to a close. Patience. A quality so seemingly rare and yet invaluable. First he bowed to his master, Darth Insipid, Emperor of the Sith. Then he bowed to the other Sith Lords that had assembled around for Darth Tormentum's and Darth Ravenous' duel.

The duel had captivated his gaze, the rage Tormentum had displayed was fascinating. He was curious to see how they would fair in their upcoming duel. Patience... it was close now, the duel had simmered to all but nothing.

Both 'men' had joined the True Sith Empire around the same time. Both had been fellow Peons and now both were Acolytes. Long had their rivalry grown, born from their competing understanding of the Sith. Strength vs Calculation. Warrior vs Sorcerer. Brawn vs Brain. Their was one thing both men craved however, something they could agree on: Power.

Azathoth sat in the stands above, drumming his fingers in anticipation.

Soon he thought soon...

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Nehru_Amidala @Kato Sai @WookieeRage

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  7. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Darth Bernael
    In the stands surrounding the Pit

The duel below was drawing to a close. The new Acolyte had put on a decent display against the beast. Had managed to keep from being torn into shreds. Which could have been the most likely outcome.

His gaze drifted around the stands, finding another of the recent Acolytes, one who seemed eager for the duel to be concluded. And then a soft snort escaped his mouth, 'Of course, those two had spoken of dueling from before they had been apprenticed.' he mused.

One had just fought for his life and had shown he was a warrior. But seemed to cherish the art of the blade over that of the mind or will. Which could be a flaw in this duel to come as he faced one who had chosen a path similar to his own, delving deeply into the art of the mind.

Such different tactics have promise that this duel would be energetic and, quite possibly bloody. But they already had the order of the Emperor, that death would be highly frowned upon. Within that though..... He smiled slightly, it would be all out within the rules given.

Sitting back, continuing his scan he waited, calmly for events to proceed.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    IC: Private Box of Lords

From her new vantage points as Lord, instead of an underlord, Darth Hekate leaned back in the plush leather seating, her dark brown eyes scanning the blood and bone stained pit floor, looking for her apprentice, Darth Tormentum. She saw Azathoth, Lord Ravenous...there he was. He was chomping at the bit, eager for the battle to begin.

She nodded to him to show support before settling in.

TAG: @darthbernael , @Kato Sai , @Shadowsun , @WookieeRage , @greyjedi125 , @DarthIshyZ , @Darth_wanderguard , @Lady Belligerent , @Sinrebirth , and any other Sith

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    The Box

Watching the fight between Lord Ravenous and Tormentous wind down, he produced a crimson handkerchief from his sleeve. He eyed the Sithspawn monster, and his fellow Lords, Bellorum, Haretisch, Manticore, Syren and Graul.

As rejuvenation serums were produced by the slaves to the fighters, there was already another challenger; Azathoth. Insipid smiled slightly, and peered at Hekate, who had taken Tormentous as an apprentice slightly before Insipid had his new one.

“Lord Ravenous, your return has been greatly enjoyed, do you have any final words, before we move on?”

He had the handkerchief poised to drop to allow the next bout to proceed.

TAG: @WookieeRage (first), @Kato Sai , @Shadowsun, @Nehru_Amidala , @Darth_wanderguard, @greyjedi125, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29

OOC: I want to give WookieeRage the chance to a finale comment, and the fight can then go ahead.

10. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:
    ~The Stands~

He continued to watch quietly as the duel abruptly came to an end. It would appear he was unfortunate enough to arrive only at the end. But then, all things have a positive reaction in addition to the negative, if you only looked hard enough. In this case, it was more clear.

There was another duel to take place. Perhaps the Force had lead him here to witness this one. Yes, perhaps indeed.

Trysos continued to lean on the railing with his forearms and merely watched as they prepared for it. He felt the notice of one of the Sith, a particularly imposing zabrak, looking over at him and giving an acknowledging nod.

That one must be Darth Manticore, if his intelligence agents were doing their job properly. He returned the nod amiably, for there was no intention of conflict felt currently.

His eyes turned back toward where the Box was and they narrowed through his visor to take in the visage of the Sith Emperor. Insipid. That must be him. The last time around, he had never had the pleasure of meeting him. So this was a fortuitous occasion to finally lay eyes on the man. He committed all he saw to memory, hoping to replay and analyze later on, while he watched from where he stood.

The Shado Varmiri were still quiet on the galactic scene, but they were by no means extinct or ignorant.

Tag: No One Really

11. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Ravenous

The surname, Tormentum was not enough...

The man survived a spirit encounter from the Sith-Spawn.

The spirit endowed the man;

The Taker of pain.

He would be able to take and pool the anguish and pain to others to boost his own aura. It could help or hurt.

@Kato Sai @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum “Taker of Pain”
    The Pit

You do me great honor Lord Ravenous, Sith-Spawn. I take this surname, “Taker of Pain,” and bear it with pride.

*Bows low*

I know this is a great honor in the Wookiee Culture. A culture that I admire for its codes of honor.

I offer you the bled crystal of the lightsaber the broke in this duel. May it be of some use to you, for it had been in a saber when I was a Jedi fool fighting you long ago, and now bled it is reborn and it is fitting it belong to you. For you helped me discover the pain that fuels me through this conflict we shared.

*Bows head and hits fist against breastplate*

TAG: @Sinrebirth @QueenSabe7 @WookieeRage

13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Alright so @Kato Sai and I agreed to use New Sith Trials III skill system as a guide for force abilities for our respective characters. After conferring with our masters we both came up with our lists. Below is my own, @Kato Sai will list his own in his post. (I also included the link if you need a refresher or unfamiliar with these)

Tier II: Dark Side Healing
    Tier I: Force Drain

Tier II: Force Lightning
    Tier I: Force Shock

Tier II: Probe Mind
    Tier I: Affect Mind

Tier I: Chill

Tier I: Force Push/Pull

Tier I: Fear

Azathoth nodded at Darth Ravenous words, a rather apt epithet for his fellow Acolyte. He got up from his seat, dropping down from the stands into the pit. His gaze turned to Tormentum, watching and waiting for him to ingest the rejuvenation serum the slaves offered to him. Azathoth wanted there to be no doubt once he beat him that Azathoth was the stronger of the two.

"Well Darth Tormentum, we have waited long for this moment" His cold gaze danced over to Tormentum's. His head tilted in slight amusement, his body like a still pond, waiting for the first stone to create ripples across its surface. He looked up to his master, Emperor of the Sith, his handkerchief still raised in preparation for commencing the second duel.

He stood there, a specter waiting to haunt his prey. He knew not to understand his opponent however, he was a capable warrior, imbued recently by some dark art. He stood and waited. His body almost trembling in anticipation. He could almost taste the tension in the air.

TAG: @Kato Sai @Sinrebirth @Nehru_Amidala and all Sith!

14. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016

He grasped the beaten crystal with a nefarious smile peeling across his face.

His opponent would continue the punishment and the Beast's spirit would feed from the hatred and anger..

Taker of pain...

@Kato Sai @Shadowsun

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum Taker of Pain
    The Pit

Tormentum having handed over the crystal to the Sith Spawn bowed once more. He then felt the presence of another, one whom he considered a brother, Azathoth. Tormentum raised his head, turned his red and black visor to peer at Azathoth. He felt the Sorcerer’s anticipation, he almost mistook the Arcane Acolyte for a warrior, due to his zeal to commence the duel.

The Taker of Pain downed the draught from the rejuvenation phial the slave had brought him. He then took some steps back from the Sith-Spawn, his frame making a tower of shadow eclipsing the soil between him and Azathoth. Tormentum brushed the two spikes protruding from his red and gold shoulders. He then reached for his belt, where hung his Praetor hilt.

——————-
    Force Powers
    APPROVED By Emperor and my Master

Tier II: Dark Side Healing
    Tier I: Force Drain

Tier II: Consume Essence
    Tier I: Force Rage

Tier II: Immolate
    Tier I: Ignite

Tier I: Force Choke

Tier I: Eye of Madness

Tier I: Meditate

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Nehru_Amidala @Shadowsun @WookieeRage and All Sith.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid the Malevolent
    Watching from the Box

Ravenous and Tormentum had an interplay, and again Insipid marvelled at how the latter had grown since abandoning the Jedi path. Eying Tormentum’s Sith Master, Hekate, and then his own apprentice, he cleared his throat.

“You have done the Sith apprentice a great honour, Lord Ravenous. The Circle of Lords are honoured in turn by your triumphant return.”

His lips adopted a malicious grin. “But now,” Insipid nodded to Azathoth to step forward. “I would have the next bout...”

The handkerchief dropped.

“Begin.”

TAG: @Shadowsun, @WookieeRage, @Kato_Sai, @Nehru_Amidala

17. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    IC: Darth Hekate
    Watching from the box seats

Nodding towards the God Emperor in agreement of his approval, she watched and awaited the duel between the apprentices. Both showed great promise, and it would be a fine match. Brain vs. brawn- a struggle that itself was as old as time. Was it any wonder then that all cultures had some myth based off that same principle?
    Leaning back in her seat, she relaxed and awaited the imminent bloodshed.

This is where the fun began.

TAG: @Shadowsun , @Kato Sai , @Sinrebirth , @WookieeRage , @greyjedi125

18. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    The Pit

A grin grew across Azathoth's face as the handkerchief fell from his master's hand. He turned back to Tormentum, his gaze filled with a rare hunger, the hunger for a duel. Dueling was not primary choice of conflict, the dark sinister machinations of a long concocted plan being far more to his liking. However to be a Sith one must be strong, weakness could not be tolerated.

He did not reach for his lightsaber, in time he expect he would have to but first he wanted to test his dark brother. He knew Tormentum was the more impatient of the two, and would want to close the distance between the two. Such was the way of the warrior. As long as he could keep the gap between them, Azathoth would likely have the upper hand.

He outstretched his right hand, pointing his index finger toward Tormentum, 'Taker of Pain'. A short burst of lightning leapt from his finger to his opponent as he did this he spoke:

"So it is pain you take? What is it you do with this pain I wonder?"

TAG: @Kato Sai @Nehru_Amidala @Sinrebirth @ all others gathered.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum Taker of Pain
    The Pit, New Duel

Tormentum saw the burst of lightning hurling at him like gnarled hand of purple energy. With a swift hand, he reached for hus saber with one hand and for another lurming in the spike fold of his shoulder. Igniting both garnet blade in time to capture the lightning in his x shape block. The blades sizzled as the shrieking bolts wrapped into the red beam and faded away.

I may be the Taker of Pain, but I will not let my flesh be singed undully.

Tormentum held his guard and eyed Azathoth through his visor. He called to the Darkness, the Eye of Madness, to enhance his vision. The Sorcerer had made the first strike.

Tormentum then paused and bowed to the Emperor, His Master, the High Lords, Lords, Underlords, and finally to Azathoth, a worthy opponent.

You are bold brother.. I was so when facing Lord Ravenous and it cost me a pound of flesh.

Tormentum took both sabers and began to spin them in arches, making a shield of red as he approached Azathoth.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Nehru_Amidala @Shadowsun and All the Sith.

20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    The Pit

Azathoth tilted his head at Tormentum's response, unsurprised and unfazed. He would of been supremely disappointed if that's all that it took. He paced to the side contemplating his next move as Tormentum slowly drew close. He reached for his own lightsaber, the hilt plain and ordinary, he was not a lightsaber aficionado like his brother.

He ignited it, letting it go motioning with his left hand, commanding it to hover by the side of his head, aimed toward Tormentum. Azathoth let his right palm face toward him, focusing on the molecules in the air. An icy blast of air hurtled toward Tormentum intended to stun or at least slow him. As Azathoth did so he flicked his left hand toward his dark brother the lightsaber by his side then hurtled toward Tormentum. A combination he was curious to see Tormentum react to.

"Indeed brother, what is expression....ah yes....fortunate favors the bold"

A devilish grin grew across his face. He had been looking forward to this.

21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore
    The Pit

Darth Tormentum's duel against Lord Ravenous concluded honorably, with all the bloody bells and whistles befitting a visceral Sith duel, which was good. Now a new duel was underway. This time, Tormentum would face Darth Azathoth. These two were upcoming sith acolytes with promising potential, two stylistically opposite duelists that were about to face each other. The Warrior versus The Sorcerer. Manticore regarded them both for a moment before nodding slowly, returning Darth Tormentum's acknowledgement, from one Sith Warrior to another. In his excitement, Azathoth had lapsed in decor, forgetting to do the same. Not excusable, but understandable.

The encounter promised to be of great interest given the opening salvo, as a shower of sith lightning strobed its luminescence down in the pit. The zabrak folded his arms over his chest and prepared himself for what he hoped would be a worthy demonstration of the sith arts.

Tag: No one yet

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum
    The Pit

Tormentum saw the ice blast and saber coming at him, and with his left hand he deactivated the saber and clipped it to his belt, and pointing his hand, a stream of flames, Immolate, came forth like a Kath hound to meet the ice, and with his right ignited blade, Tormentum parried the floating saber, batting it away.

Fire and Ice you called us brother, the Sun and the Moon. Fire melts Ice..

Tormentum reignited his second garnet blade and drew closer, this time he held the sabers in reverse grip.

Do you fear to face me up close? Are your arcane arts the only weapons you have? What if a Jedi uses Force Severance on you, and like Ulic you become unable to tap into these powers?

Tormentum taunted his brother, prowling like a Nexu. His imposing frame towering in the sunbaked arena.

Lets dance you and I, dance saber to saber.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Nehru_Amidala @Shadowsun and All the Sith

23. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    The Pit

Azathoth chuckled at Tormentum's quips. Gazing at the ice and fire dancing together.

"It is true I do have a certain affection for the arcane arts" He paused prowling in tandem with Tormentum.

"But by no means does that mean they are my only weapons" He continued to pace. Patience he thought to himself, the excitement had gotten to him. His opening few attacks were no real threat, merely a warm up exercise to set the mood. He withdraw a second lightsaber, again plain and ordinary, its red glare shining against his face. He began to move from side to side, waiting patiently.

The Patient Hunter always gets the prey. An old saying he had heard moons ago from some unknown source.

"If you wish to dance, be my guest come dance"

Another sinister grin stretched unto his face. He wanted to see what Tormentum had in mind.

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum
    The Pit

Tormentum saw Azathoth was now luring him in, but for what? Tormentum knew Sorceror’s were shifty, you never knew what they were going to do. Every move was orchastrated, and planned, leaving little room for spontaneity, as if traps were set and no matter what one did, you fell into one or the other.

What was this? Had Azathoth used Affect Mind?

Tormentum moved in, sweeping his blades in an arch to strike the Sorcerer. He could see that grin, that overconfident crescent get closer and closer.

‘I will carve another on your face if I can.’

The Garnet blades sweeped like two Krayt teeth, as Tormentum raised himself upward into the air to land the blow from above with all the weight of his body.

‘Caution be damned, I am a Warrior.’

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Nehru_Amidala @Shadowsun and All Sith

25. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    He wouldn't understand. Pain would only bring success.

The Sith-Spawn apparition would bring the acolyte to attention if he would only grasp his surroundings. They were limitless.

@Kato Sai @Shadowsun