main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Games The Rancor Pit (EUC Dueling thread)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    While one can most certainly use one of the social threads or fanclubs to arrange for a duel in the Pit, there is no issue with initiating the process in this thread instead. The exception would be if the Pit were reserved for training exercises by a group of folks. That's easy enough to do, just ask me and I'll reserve the Pit for a group and edit the title to match. At that point it becomes closed to those not invited (aside from observers, those are always welcome). As that wasn't done for the current program, nothing done here of late has been out of bounds. However it is important to note that it is considered bad form to interrupt an ongoing duel and simply insert your character into it. Just asking for someone to fight though isn't an issue, just as it isn't an issue if no one takes you up on your offer.

It should also be noted that other forums have dueling threads as well including the RPF. There was one in the SWC, though it is hasn't been used for a couple of years now and is currently locked. I'll be opening a new one there shortly with a revised rule set. If you see this one is in use by a group, one of those will usually be open to start your own battles. Conversely, when those are in use this one is typically open.

Edit: And I have created a new Mandalorian themed (naturally) dueling thread in the SWC that is free for anyone to use.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    The mandalorian walks over to Tyros expecting the unexpected.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    IC: Tormentum
    The Pit

Tormentum felt the needles prick him in the legs and shoulder, his flame of rage still burning. He saw the lightning come, and raising his two garnet blades he blocked the flow of energy and redirected it at Azathoth. He could feel his strength waining, the rage form had taken its toll on his Force reserves, and slowly the crimson aura around him began to dissipate until it faded utterly. Tormentum stood feeling the effects of the needles, some kind of nerve agent. He tried to fight it, and stepped forward to face his opponent. The exhaustion, toxin, and wounds sapped his strength, he fell on one knee.

The Way of Pain has shaped me, and now I have rage. Torment turned outward.

With that Tormentum bowed his head to the Emperor’s Apprentice out of respect, looked for his Master in the stands, and collapsed on the arena floor, a cloud of dust rising from his body. Black Medical droids, and slaves came rushing out of the tunnel from the great onyx door. Tormentum was placed on black slab and strapped with metal restraints, the slab hovered into the air, carrying the Sith Warrior away.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Nehru_Amidala @Shadowsun
    and All Sith

4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Darth Azathoth
    The Pit

Azathoth felt the lightning come back at him, striking him in the chest. He grunted in pain, stopping the flow as he fell to the ground, now on one knee. He looked up seeing Tormentum's head bowed. He viewed the warrior acolyte collapse to ground as the medical droids. He looked toward the stands, glancing at Emperor Insipid, as if his eyes were saying:

Did I win?

He got up slowly, watching Tormentum be taken away by the droids. He turned to the Sith Lords, bowing in victory.

TAG: @Kato Sai @Nehru_Amidala @Sinrebirth @ all others gathered.

5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Trysos Juhne IC:
    ~The Stands~

Some applause rang out across the arena, a metallic clang accompanying it due to his white gauntlets. It was a worthy duel for young Sith to showcase. Neither had truly bested the other, the winner only coming out by a hair, each had proven their strengths and neither had died so they could continue on to serve their chosen Order.

Trysos nodded at this.

Perhaps the Sith had learned a few things in the time he was busy facilitating other demands elsewhere.

"It would seem your Sith have some promising apprentices," he mused aloud to the nearby zabrak. The one he was fairly certain was Darth Manticore. "Congratulations."

It was about then that the Mandalorian finally reached him, his own armor flaunting his intimidating presence, Force Sensitivity or not. Mandalorians always had that effect, something the Shado Varmiri Potentate respected. He inclined his head in greeting with a grin on his face underneath his helm.

"Tell me, Mando. It seems you're spoiling for a good fight. What kind are you looking for? Perhaps I can help organize something for you."

Tag: @Shadowsun @Kato Sai @greyjedi125 @clone commander bossk

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lord Manticore
    The Pit, mezzanine

The duel between the Sith Acolytes had gone pretty much as expected, comprising of flash and banter. These two were spirited and their thirst to grow as sith was apparent. They did their respective masters proud, and that the Emperor was pleased was a good sign for both Master and Apprentice.

’Well met, Darth Tormentum, Darth Azathoth. He sent to the exhausted Sith Apprentices. They had put on a ‘good show.’

Manticore tried not to think of his own issues regarding ‘apprentices’. There was no good reason to dwell on ‘that’ at the moment.

The sudden appearance of the ‘mando’ was….well, ‘mildly amusing’, but thankfully it was well handled and there was no reason for the zabrak to get involved.

It was then that he sensed a presence focus on him; again, there was no ‘malice’ or ‘aggression’ felt, just understated strength. Still, he turned to face it right before he was addressed.

Manticore’s fiery eyes once again gazed upon the firrerreo force user, who had yet to give his name, though the same was true for the sith zabrak.

All in due time.

Say what you will of the Sith, but they did not disdain all visitors. If one looked keenly enough, they would even spot some ‘jedi’ in attendance. Manticore tried not to focus too much on that either, and merely waited for the Emperor to signal their ‘termination’ if that was his wish.

As for the ‘armored man’, Manticore regarded him in such a way to communicate that his measure was still being taken, as was his intention. To his comment about ‘promising apprentices’, the zabrak did his best to glean any subtle insult, but surprisingly found none, at which point he offered a second respectful nod of his head.

This one was wise.

The moment passed, no names were exchanged, which was well enough, and the firrerreo turned his attention to the ‘eager’ mandalorian.

Manticore also turned, then set his jaw, as thoughts of a wasted opportunity crossed his mind. He would have liked to see how much his own ‘apprentice’ had progressed in his training, by pitting him against the ‘mando’, but alas, Darth Erebus was on hiatus.

'All in due time'.

He mused somberly as he reminded himself of that simple fact.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, *( @Shadowsun, @Kato Sai, @Quinlan Vos, mentioned )

7. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I C-The stands
    Mandalorian

The Mandalorian listened to what the sith Lord had to say, listening carefully looking for weaknesses to exploit.

'' I'll fight any willing to battle the mighty protector of clan Wren. I would prefer a non force sensitive opponent, but I will accept others. ''

The Mandalorian ready his weapons in anticipation.

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Pit

No. Indeed, his apprentice was 'absent' but he was 'present', and there was a willing opponent nearby, one who sought a challenge.

"You don't get to cherry pick your opponents 'mandalorian'....." The zabrak sith Lord rasped as he turned to face the armored man.

"Is the 'mighty' protector of 'Clan Wren' only good as long as his opponent is non-force sensitive?"

Manticore's fiery eyes turned to slits as he began to move, a slow predatory smile forming upon his tattooed face.

"Then Clan Wren is already doomed, as you have just announced your weakness. You do realize you would have faired poorly during the battle of Malachor V."

Manticore was now facing the Mando as he stood his ground upon the mezzanine.

"I should visit Clan Wren after our encounter. They'd either reward me for 'improving' their protector, or disposing of a weak link in their armor. Come, I accept your challenge mandalorian. It would be a mistake to refuse me now."

A slow nod is given.

Hopefully the bold armored warrior understood.

Besides, Manticore also had to workout the present annoyance he was feeling.

Tag: @clone commander bossk , @Darth_Elu , Spectators

OOC: @clone commander bossk, If you wish, you can PM me to discuss the duel, if your character accepts, or just go for it. ;)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  9. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    The Mandalorian would not let this sith scum push him around.

''put your money where you're mouth is sith scum.''

The protector of clan raises his blasters.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Pit

[​IMG]

The zabrak did smile at the mandalorian's spirited response. Immediately, his sith cloak was removed with a single motion and sent fluttering to the side.
    The darkside of the force suffused Manticore as he adopted a low stance and ignited his sith weapon with the trade mark 'snap-hiss'.

The Sith Lord was giving his opponent a moment of opportunity, but in the end, it didn't matter if he took the bait.

In a blink of an eye, Manticore would launch himself at the mandalorian using force-jump and spin his weapon defensively to deflect fire from his opponent's twin blasters.

Tag: @clone commander bossk

OOC: you can just respond and tag me, or continue to 'quote', whichever works for you.

11. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    The protector accepted the sith warriors challenge and leapt into the air using his jet pack spewing flames from his gauntlets.

'' catch me if you can horn head''

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Pit

The mandalorian had taken to the air, but was unaware of the Sith Lord's rank or power, or that he could cover the distance without an issue. He was also unaware of the Sith Lord's vast knowledge of force abilities. In essence, that was a lesson being taught here, from one warrior to another.

Manticore was knowledgeable in the darkside power of Pyrokinesis, so he simply dissipated the flames that reached him. As for his attack, he could have disabled the mandalorian's flame thrower, or taken his arm at the elbow, but the zabrak sith lord opted to simply mark his opponent's chest as he srtuck diagonally upward, only leaving an incandescent mark upon the lightsaber resistant beskar armor.

Manticore turned in mid-air, facing his flying opponent as he landed, in the event that the mandalorian attempted to attack him on descent.

Indeed, the mandalorian's ability to adapt to the skills of a force user were about to be put to a true test. The only way to improve as a warrior was to conquer one's weaknesses.

13. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    The Mandalorian responded quickly, landing and drawing his beskad sword from its sheath. Shooting whistling bird missiles in all directions,He propelled himself upwards and dropped down with the blade raised above his head, ready to deal the final blow.

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Pit

His fiery eyes studied his opponent as he reacted to his current predicament of facing a Sith Lord.

’Interesting’

Whisteling Bird missiles.

Manticore stood his ground and erected a Force Shield. He was instantly covered by a series of explosions. It was a text book defense against a text book attack, however, as one versed in tutaminis, the explosions only served to reinforce the force shield. In the end, the two cancelled each other out, leaving Manticore free to ‘catch’ the leaping mandalorian in mid-air with a well applied ‘Force choke’.

“You don’t get to end me, mandalorian. But, I would like to know your skill with a blade- no force powers this time.”

Manticore released the mandalorian, then took a ready stance, his double bladed weapon twirling menacingly in his hands.

This mandalorian was both bold and brave, and did not waver from his chosen path. These were qualities worthy of a warrior, qualities that the zabrak Sith Lord did respect.

Still, the lesson was far from over.

15. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    The Mandalorian raised his blade.

"I accept your challenge sith, I'm going to make you regret it."

The Mandalorian dodged manticore's vicious strikes trying to get inside his guard. He would show that arrogant zabrak why the mandalorians were feared across the galaxy. He attacked with a furious series of jabs and stabs eventually severing his opponents saber in half. Quickly taking advantage of his enemies surprise he stabbed the sith in the chest with a dagger concealed in his gauntlet.

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Pit

The mandalorian proved to be a 'decent' combatant at best. His fury was that of a man with a wounded 'ego'. Clearly, he had not transcended beyond 'self'. Perhaps, he would grow stronger if......

Mantciore allowed his weapon to be split in half, and acted surprised. Oh, there it was- a hidden dagger. He had seen this tactic so many times he had lost count. The mandalorian brought his dagger and stabbed him in the chest, but the blade had not gone deep at all, as he was stopped and frozen in place with the force. Not the first time he had been stabbed, nor would it be the last.

Manticore's two lightsaber floated up and formed an 'X' around the Mandalorian's neck. The bright red blades reflecting off his face plate.

"That's twice you sought to deceive me, mandalorian. Well played. As you can probably see, sith are also capable of deception."

Without turning from his frozen opponent, the zabrak Sith Lord gazed into the helmet as he spoke in a loud voice.

"Emperor, Lords and Ladies of the council. What should it be, Life or Death?"

Maybe he was wrong about this one. It wouldn't be the first time.

Tag: @clone commander bossk ,@Darth_Elu, @Sinrebirth, @QueenSabe7, @HanSolo29 , @Nehru_Amidala

OOC: Oh well, so much for a normal 'blade combat scene'. [face_dunno]

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Stands

The Sith Acolyte returned to the Arena, but this time he was not on the field, but stood on foot in the stands. He watched as the Mando hastily assailed Lord Manitcore, and the Titan Sith shook his masked head. Tormentum had read of Zabrak’s prowess in slaying a Jedi Master, and knew that he was one of if not the most accomplished duelist in the Empire. The Half-Blooded Sith watched as the twin sabers came around Bossk’s neck and heard the words of Lord Manitcore, “life or death?,” uttered to the Dark Council of Lords and Ladies.

Tormentum had experienced death on that very soil, but his head was intact, and he was permitted to return to his shell of a body. A part of the Acolyte pitied Bossk, who was Mando of the House Vizsla. Mandolarians were rare these days, and to see one cut down in they’re prime was a shame, but he had brought this on himself. Tormentum relished in the torment radiating from the arena.

TAG: No One in Particular

18. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017

After tending to his wounds Azathoth returned to the stands. He spotted Tormentum and wandered over to him, gazing down on the new duel that appeared to have come to a close. He peered at Manticore as he dueled with the Mandalorian. It was clear he was toying with him. Upon his 'life or death' declaration Azathoth chuckled.

Ah the poor soul, he can't catch a break...

He leaned to Tormentum, whispering to his comrade:

"Next time you decide to kill a whole herd of Reeks leave some for me"

Azathoth smiled slightly as he said this, suspecting Tormentum was only half there during the final moments of their duel.

TAG: @Kato Sai

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Stands

The Titan Sith crossed his arms as the duel was in stasis at the moment. He felt a familiar presence, and then saw in the corner of his visor his Brother Darth Azathoth. The two stood beside each other which was testament to their friendship and rivalry, there were no hard feelings over the duel they shared. Tormentum had found his rage, and Azathoth a victory that brought honor to the Emperor and the Empire.

The Sith Warrior chuckled at the Sorceror’s words about Reeks. He turned and said in his bass rumbling voice:

I am told I left quite a mess.. that I wreaked havoc on the Reeks. Next time I’ll leave you bulls to cull and devour.”

TAG: @Shadowsun

20. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    IC: Sadie Erso
    The Stands

Sadie yawns as she watches the battle between her friends @clone commander bossk and @greyjedi125 .
    She leans in her seat, holding back another yawn. This kind of thing wasn't really her type of fun but she came only to support them.

"Goooo Bosssk!! You can do it! I KNOW you can! I believe in you."

She holds up a sign that says, "BOUNTY HUNTER BOSSK RULES!"
    Then she notices some people she recognizes, Sadie waves over to her ex-comrades, @Kato Sai and @Shadowsun .
    "HEY!!! Nice to see you for like the first time in forever!!"

TAG: @Shadowsun , @Kato Sai , @clone commander bossk , @greyjedi125 & all my other ex-comrades (aka Sith)

21. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017

Azathoth chuckled at Tormentum's words. Leaning in once more

"I haven't been able to dissect a Reek yet, perhaps I will borrow one from the Sith slaves" His head now turned, perked up from hearing a voice he had hoped he would not hear again. Sadie Erso...

He whispered to Tormentum once more, turning away and initially ignoring the former member of the Sith

"Seems the traitor has dared to make an appearance...does she not understand we are enemies?"

He looked back up at the Jedi initiate, the hatred burning brightly in his eyes. He turned to Sadie Erso.

"Greetings Jedi" Azathoth could barely speak the last word, saying like it was beneath dirt itself.

TAG: @Kato Sai @Sadie Erso

22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The Stands

If a Reek you seek, look beneath the canopy, there are still two that breath.”

Tormentum still standing by his brother Azathoth sees some stranger waving at them.

Who is that? And that sign..”

The Sith Warrior covered his visor with his gauntlet, the metal fingers presses against his visor.

TAG: @Shadowsun @Sadie Erso

23. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    The Stands

Sadie laughs at her ex-comrades. (Her avatar is exactly what she feels like)

"Hiya SITHS! The hatred in your eyes make you look a little crazy but hey, that's the way of the Siths, right?"

Sadie giggles a she fights the temptation of falling on the floor laughing... She straightens, remembering that there is no chaos, only peace.
    Mumbles quietly,
    "Can't believe they forgot my name, I didn't forget theirs... something Darksun and kaylo sang, i think. Oh yeah, now I remember them... those were my friends."

Sadie puts up her Bossk in the air again, simply excited for her bounty hunter friend.

TAG: @Shadowsun @Kato Sai @clone commander bossk

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Silently appears beside @Sadie Erso

Enjoying this Young one? Good to watch, but not to your level as yet. You may observe and cheer them on, but do not engage. ;) By order of the Jedi Council.

Your time will come, once you are trained correctly. ;)

25. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    The Stands

@Adalia-Durron

"I'm just a bystander. I'd never go against the rules of the Jedi Council. That would be total agony if I did anything wrong. Oh, wait... did you say that my time WILL come...?"

Sadie sighs and puts her chin on her hand.
    (Sadie isn't into ... fights very much)

TAG: @Adalia-Durron

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020